• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arrow Locking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I've been teasing you all in the Pit chat for a little while now. Arrow Locking, or "Ultimate Arrow" is a technique very much like Samus' Homing Grapple in Melee.

It's a combination on the D-Pad. Right-Left-Right-Left-Right-Left-Up-Down-Up-Down-Up-Down. If done correctly, Pit obtains "Super Arrows". These arrows have INSANE hitstun. And can be locked. I was able to get a replay from one of the memory cards at "Brawl til you Fall". I'm having someone upload it to YouTube as we speak. Not sure when it will be up.

Snare

Smash Lord
and zss just got an infinite on rob, is every character board finally vomiting piles of amazing onto us?

can't wait to see it in a tourney match

edit: either im going crazy or some comments under the video were deleted... O.o

drag0nfeather

Smash Journeyman
So the taunts have to be done? Reminds me of how I used to think to do easter egg taunts, you had to do anti/clockwise circles on the D-pad.

Addendum: Woot, green name. Also, this is serious?

Addendum 2: After a couple of tests, it doesn't seem to be true.

Lezard

Smash Journeyman
I don if you guys are joking or not anyway is this really a tech are its just April fools?

Crew

Smash Apprentice
And if you push L 40 times then C stick down 72 times, your opponent's Wii explodes

But don't touch the lava

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
You guys really think this is a joke? I think I even told Rogue Pit a little bit about this last month. Plus there were plenty of people who witnessed this in my Pool. Kinda got carried away during my later matches and it got me killed trying. >_<

This was done in the tournament, and I left long before the Brawl+ tournament started. And even though I don't know jack about Brawl+, I sincerely doubt that Pit's arrows have this much hitstun. This technique will probably be banned, but still this is good to know.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Pretty much. Also, for those who can't get this to work, I suggest practicing this with Samus' homing grapple in Melee. It's a LOT easier and will help you learn the timing.

EDIT: Anytime you can start the sequence. In this since it's kinda like the hidden taunts that the StarFox characters and Snake have.

kown

Smash Lord
even if u did get the timing right....your going to get hit. Undr lost matches because this tech is soo slow...not worth it.

drag0nfeather

Smash Journeyman
Pretty much. Also, for those who can't get this to work, I suggest practicing this with Samus' homing grapple in Melee. It's a LOT easier and will help you learn the timing.

EDIT: Anytime you can start the sequence. In this since it's kinda like the hidden taunts that the StarFox characters and Snake have.
I don't know what your edit means. Was your "pretty much" in response to Mic 666?

Point: Extending Samus's Grapple beam must have button inputs between frames 3-86 of the grapple coming out if I recall Smash Wiki correctly. In the video, you seem to take far longer than that to perform the D-pad input.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Pit's Sequence is a lot longer. But the timing I think is the exact same.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
OMG guys i just tried it. This ridiculously good, i suggest Killing upward and start taunting immediately and you should have it if you do it perfectly, also its good against olimar since he has to pluck pikmin.

kown

Smash Lord
This is so awesome that it has to be true :o
I can't get the timing right..
OMG guys i just tried it. This ridiculously good, i suggest Killing upward and start taunting immediately and you should have it if you do it perfectly, also its good against olimar since he has to pluck pikmin.
tell me how this is amazing??

or

if anyone can explain how this can be done in tournaments??

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Sigs have been acting up for the last month or so.

And I'm not sure why you don't think this will work in tournaments kown. If you can get the timing down you should be able to pull it off after knocking someone off the top of the stage. And after that all you have to do is hit the opponent once and you can lock them all the way off the barrier. Instant kills.

silver0p

Smash Journeyman
so is the speed to the input fast or slow? like can you give a play by play for us who dont under stand

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Hayang I thought I told you about this already? I know I told Rogue. I think I told a couple of people in the Pit chat after I finally figured it out.

kown

Smash Lord
Sigs have been acting up for the last month or so.

And I'm not sure why you don't think this will work in tournaments kown. If you can get the timing down you should be able to pull it off after knocking someone off the top of the stage. And after that all you have to do is hit the opponent once and you can lock them all the way off the barrier. Instant kills.
5 taunts...each being 1.5 seconds long (this is the minimum amount of time). THATS 8 SECONDS!!!!!!!!!!! holy crap not possible at all.
BUT LETS SAY YOU DO DO THIS....
but before that the situation has to be perfect....
1.first your opponent has to not have a projectile,
2.you have to knock them off the stage (considerably far too but you cant kill them)
3. run to the other side of the stage
4. perform the taunts perfectly correct
5. Hope that wasting all this time would of been better than chasing your opponents off of the eldge
6. Your oppoennt HAS to be bad

EDIT* its 5 taunts.

now with all that said
instant kill? how is that?

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
kown you dork it has nothing to do with taunting. Go learn Smash.

As for the instant kill... How can you not see it? You can arrow lock in the air. Arrow lock all the way to the boundary.

Hayang

Smash Journeyman
Suggested setup:
You start the game, but have a friend call your phone as soon as the game starts.

If your opponent is nice he leaves you alone in good faith, even if the tourney rules say you can't do that.
If he attacks then forget it.

If he doesn't, talk to your friend, and pretend to be playing around with the controller and enter the combo.

Then **** with arrow gimp. Make it less obvious by doing it once he's offstage.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Weegees taunt does damage, and Undr is saying its like Samus's "taunt" in melee. Samus could extend her grapling hook, and make it home in on a player also, just by pushing the D-pad over in a combo as you preform a grab. Or like the Fox super taunt in melee or brawl. Silly kown doesn't know his smash taunts.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I've been teasing you all in the Pit chat for a little while now. Arrow Locking, or "Ultimate Arrow" is a technique very much like Samus' Homing Grapple in Melee.

It's a combination on the D-Pad. Right-Left-Right-Left-Right-Left-Up-Down-Up-Down-Up-Down. If done correctly, Pit obtains "Super Arrows". These arrows have INSANE hitstun. And can be locked. I was able to get a replay from one of the memory cards at "Brawl til you Fall". I'm having someone upload it to YouTube as we speak. Not sure when it will be up.

this is 100% an april fools joke.

view this vid of a TRUE lock. this animation is the LOCK animation(its the same for ALL locks). also notice the sound rob makes wen he hits the ground.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFDSIOSgfaY

and now the "arrow lock". The THUD sound rob makes when he hits the ground is the DEAD give away that this can be teched. Not only that but the animation is wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVytfvz7BgU

Please compare both vids and find undrgay and stab him in the face with a rusty butter knife and tell him hes full of poop.

PS: the ONLY taunts that do any thing in this game is ZS and luigis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom