• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
The thing about the guy is he started writing back in 1994 when his generic crap was simply how many fantasy writers wrote. And he's able to keep up for so long merely due to how much nostalgia a lot of 90s and 80s kids have for his books. This guy started back in the dawn of epic fantasy and got carried along with the wave that was far superior epic fantasy.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Hey man even Robert Jordan takes a crap on that guy's writing.

But the point stands. Sci fi has seen similar phenomena - hacks being highly regarded, or once-great authors fizzling out (DUNE).

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Misclicked into thread. Saw a Jordan name drop, smiled. Looked to see what dropped it. Saw #15240 and laughed my *** off. Goodkind is so bad.

Jordan got me to Sanderson. For that, I am eternally grateful.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Agreed. The cover art for the last WoT book is my desktop background at the moment.

Mistborn actually outclassed WoT for my favorite series, pushing WoT to number three. Ender's Game remains number one.

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
Agreed. The cover art for the last WoT book is my desktop background at the moment.

Mistborn actually outclassed WoT for my favorite series, pushing WoT to number three. Ender's Game remains number one.
ender's game is perhaps my favorite book. But as a series? nope.

Mistborn is probably number 1 at the moment. The stormlight archive has much potential though.

memk

Smash Cadet
NNID
memk1213
Hi there

I live in Arkansas and I'm looking to get into competitive Melee.

Just wondering, do y'all have any weekly or monthly meetups or something?
No just no

VEETS how could you forget me in the list of players you created

Also Lash, good luck on finding time to play melee with us since most of the time the main people who host are always playing league

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
ender's game is perhaps my favorite book. But as a series? nope.

Mistborn is probably number 1 at the moment. The stormlight archive has much potential though.
Depends. The path that actually follows Ender is terribad. The path following Bean was really damn good.

:phone:

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
Arbustos - Does't want anyone to know
Raven knight -doesn't want anyone to know
yoshiman - 8th seed
The amazing MArch Hare got 7th with his amazing ganondorf
veets got 3rd seed Beat Hax!

G. Vice

Smash Lord
VTS- Thanks for repping Arkansas so well. You do so good OOS it's not even funny, such a champ.

Arby- Mucho disappointante. I was discussing with Seif the likelihood of you starting to "not care" about melee like right before big tourneys. We've come to the conclusion that they may very well be 'pre-tournament' johns, which are used to lessen the blows to your morale. After all, it is scary to go to a tourney and not know how you'll do, but it always hurts less if you prepare to fail and say you don't care. If you actually tried and applied yourself, there's no telling who you'd upset.

TMH- Good ganon son.

RavenKnight- heard it was your tourney dude. Beasted a game off Vanz?? That's sick. Also I saw you got 3rd in Brawl?? I don't know whether to congratulate you or slap you in the face.

Yoshiman- Wish you had beaten blackchris. Would have made me feel much better knowing that you could beat him.

also, what ever happened to teams? There's like 3 or 4 total teams on the bracket, I don't understand what's up. Did you guys do very well or not VTS/Arby?

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
lol you gotta be kidding me

It's not johns, I suck at Melee and have for months. Went into this tourney expecting nothing, and that's what I got. What coulda changed to make you think better of my chances? Apex was the real heartbreaker cuz we left literally the day after I goofed my old controller. I still cared/was still good then.

Also confirmation bias. I cared/prepared for all tournies from ARK III to Apex and performed to my level at all of them. Genesis 2 was an exception but we all know that story. Worst/best weekend of my life.

Despite all that I still played really well in teams. Once again outthought/outplayed big name players with nothing but full hops and basic spacing. Unfortunately Vts was extremely tired and not very focused. Anyway we got owned.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
lol you gotta be kidding me

It's not johns, I suck at Melee and have for months. Went into this tourney expecting nothing, and that's what I got. What coulda changed to make you think better of my chances? Apex was the real heartbreaker cuz we left literally the day after I goofed my old controller. I still cared/was still good then.

Also confirmation bias. I cared/prepared for all tournies from ARK III to Apex and performed to my level at all of them. Genesis 2 was an exception but we all know that story. Worst/best weekend of my life.

Despite all that I still played really well in teams. Once again outthought/outplayed big name players with nothing but full hops and basic spacing. Unfortunately Vts was extremely tired and not very focused. Anyway we got owned.
It was only a half joke. But I really do wish that you were back in the swing of things. I don't know how you could not care about something all of a sudden that you have almost failed college multiple times for. When I found out you lost to Pseudo, It made me mega sad.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Errr I didn't lose to him???

And I love this game for the possibilities amazing tech opens up in terms of outplaying people. Basically reaching that point then losing it so harshly hurt me a lot.

/arby

:phone:
Oh, well I was led to believe that you did. How good was he?

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Hey guys, let's all just quit melee and stop answering our phones!

Oh wait, we already did that. Sorry nvm.

Yeah, I'm done til online melee comes out. Peace.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Hey guys, let's all just quit melee and stop answering our phones!

Oh wait, we already did that. Sorry nvm.

Yeah, I'm done til online melee comes out. Peace.
It actually already is if you don't mind using Dolphin (I think)

Also, Project M can do online.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
meh, I decided to quit competitive melee after FC anyway. Its fun, but I just don't care about it anymore.
I can get behind that Yoshiman. I'm not asking everyone to love smash like I do, I'm more mad that they aren't answering phones and come to find out from other friends that they're sitting there on League. If smash is going out of style here in Arkansas that's fine. I believe that online melee if and when it happens will keep me in business enough.

I have my console RPGs to hold me over and fulfill my need for gaming.

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States of America
So Bakuman 3 is coming out in October. I'm also planning on watching "K".

http://youtu.be/uzOSZVtMWsU

Yes that is bishounen fantasy with fire magic. Don't judge me.

Unfortuantly, the makers of Steins;Gate I creating another show called Robotic;Notes. I expect it to be truely horrible. Which means we should watch it as a group to laugh at how terrible it is.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm I think the last time you called me I was having a really serious conversation with my mom. Or sleeping 18 hours I can't remember which day is which. I will say though that league has fit my terrible-sleep-schedule-irregular-responsibilities summer life. I can wake up, surf the internet, play a game, eat, and go to sleep without really moving. Is heavenly. It's also made me supremely lazy about setting aside time for anything else, which is my bad. Maybe a regular schedule via school will help....

memk

Smash Cadet
NNID
memk1213
I can get behind that Yoshiman. I'm not asking everyone to love smash like I do, I'm more mad that they aren't answering phones and come to find out from other friends that they're sitting there on League. If smash is going out of style here in Arkansas that's fine. I believe that online melee if and when it happens will keep me in business enough.

I have my console RPGs to hold me over and fulfill my need for gaming.
I still play but no one ever wants to play

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I still play but no one ever wants to play
Yeah sorry man. For a high schooler that relies on rides into less than ideal parts of the neighborhood only to require a ride back, it just isn't worth it. Especially when that player is by no means a challenge ;)

Yeah Arby, I understand it's possible for you to be busy. But honestly, this isn't the first time. It won't be the last, and we both know it. I'm cool with it. You choose League over smash, and have a bad habit when it comes to schooling which leaves you with little time between League to sleep and do school right. I'm just saying, for now I'm pretty much done because honestly I'm a little fed up with it.

Top Bottom