• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

lvl9

Smash Journeyman
Well anyway when, where and what time is the next crapweekly. I might come. I might come play melee only and own ppls faces. IC lolz. newbs. Ill Money match anyones IC. I cant find the thread, or dont want to look for it.

yungunr2

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2852-8390-1766
Well anyway when, where and what time is the next crapweekly. I might come. I might come play melee only and own ppls faces. IC lolz. newbs. Ill Money match anyones IC. I cant find the thread, or dont want to look for it.
There is a thread for the new biweeklies? 0_0

AR_Sam

Smash Rookie
I would come **** you all in brawl but it's too **** far away from Fayetteville to be worth going to. If any of you ever come up to Fayetteville, I'll MM you though.

AR_Sam

Smash Rookie
I didn't realize that it was only 2 hours from Memphis. For some reason I thought it was much longer than that. Also I didn't know you spent the night, because that makes it completely different. Ihavespaceballs you ought to come to Fayetteville sometime to play Isaac and I in melee.

Vts

Smash Champion
so are biweeklies back on? :confused:
<Pops in> umm yeah next one in 2 weeks on the 27th i guess lol, stage 2 games has moved everything around and no tv's up so should be good in 2 weeks lol

i'll making the thread later today and post everything

yeah i want to come visit you guys again ihsb but taking full year of school in 1/2 the time sucks. yeah but next time we need to pick a weeken everyone can stay the night or stay longer.

penny money matches next time iori :)

Edit- warhammeronline is amazing everyone should join me,tyler,reece,denton, and michael on tyrion order side. btw my name is muramasa in game.

chamberlin

Smash Ace
warhammeronline is amazing everyone should join me,tyler,reece,denton, and michael on tyrion order side. btw my name is muramasa in game.
I've been wanting to play this game. It makes me happy that you guys are on Order side because I hate playing the baddys in MMOs. Alas, I didn't pre-order or anything, so I'm gonna have to wait till at least the 18th I think to play. Even if my roommates pick Chaos('cause they like to play the bad guys), I think I'll still go order.

Vts

Smash Champion
I've been wanting to play this game. It makes me happy that you guys are on Order side because I hate playing the baddys in MMOs. Alas, I didn't pre-order or anything, so I'm gonna have to wait till at least the 18th I think to play. Even if my roommates pick Chaos('cause they like to play the bad guys), I think I'll still go order.
good then we can own them and say hey your rolled trash go back to wow :)

Also the Return of Bi-weeklies thread!!!

Hmm looks like a copy/ pasted from aeossf o wait i did.

Show up time is earlier now so more smash time (noon ftw)

Anyone up for smash saturday i'm taking a friend over to reeces in nlr could use 1 more person for some teams (will be like at 10-11pm when we go over there cus reece has to close best buy).

AR_Sam

Smash Rookie
stuart: nite was really good at melee. Even still the fact that azen, m2k, and ken play brawl shows that it might not be as bad as we all thought it was when it came out. anyway if you have aim you should contact ssbmaddict07 he is really good at brawl and he has a crew in van buren if you want to play them. Or you can come up to Fayetteville sometime and play me.

Stuart Hayden

Smash Rookie
stuart: nite was really good at melee. Even still the fact that azen, m2k, and ken play brawl shows that it might not be as bad as we all thought it was when it came out. anyway if you have aim you should contact ssbmaddict07 he is really good at brawl and he has a crew in van buren if you want to play them. Or you can come up to Fayetteville sometime and play me.
I didn't play nor do I care about Melee. So why would I care about someones past track record?
That fact of the matter is that he was being a douchebag and trolling.

People need to quit being whiny babies over brawl. Get over it's faults and just play the game and build the community instead of *****ing about tripping, smash balls and whatever stupid **** people can think of.

Just play the game.

Oh yeah, one more thing: You shouldn't play a game because said top players are. Sure, they can be a driving force in the scene for multiple reasons. But "because *said player* plays this game! It must be good!" isn't. That doesn't work and is illogical. Play the game because you want to. Not because it's the flavor of the month.

I am apart of the Capcom/SNK Fighting Game Community. I still play semi-competitively. If people stopped playing a game because of one stupid in-game mechanic or one top player said it was bad for this, this and these reasons. There would be no fighting game scene. Plain and simple.

Oh, and don't bring up the "not caring about the past track record thing" because 90% of the top players in all the "top" Capcom and SNK games have been there since the beginning.

/end rant.

On a lighter note. AR_Sam, I did talk to the person you suggest about an hour or so ago. We are going to try and get something together i think he said Thursday or Friday? I'm going to try and bring my cousin and his friend, Alex out as well.

I also read up on the Conway tourney. I unfortunately work weekends but I am going to try and get my schedule changed a bit so I can try and go.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Ya, they only play because it isnt hard to be good at. Easy money ftw? I cant think of a top player that really enjoys brawl more than Melee (except maybe Reflex)

AR_Sam

Smash Rookie
actually you are full of ****, because azen just plays whatever games his friends play. He is on record in interviews saying this multiple times. m2k and dsf may just be getting easy money, but if it's so easy to get the money why don't your sorry ***** win a bunch of tournaments. And Stuart I disagree with a lot of what you said, but I don't feel like quoting select parts and refuting, because I would rather work on my homework instead. And Handorin I'm sure you just spend all your time asking pros whether they prefer brawl to melee. And guess what? I like melee more than brawl. Fact is tournaments are held in brawl so stfu and play.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Ok, Sure Azen. That doesnt mean he doesnt like it. Why dont I go win tournaments? Because I dont like playing and Brawl, so why would I travel to go do something I dont like for hours on end? I can just go to all the melee tournaments that happen, cause fact is, there are just as many of those. I almost went to TO3 if I didnt have to work.

Nite

Smash Champion
I didn't play nor do I care about Melee. So why would I care about someones past track record?
That fact of the matter is that he was being a douchebag and trolling.

People need to quit being whiny babies over brawl. Get over it's faults and just play the game and build the community instead of *****ing about tripping, smash balls and whatever stupid **** people can think of.

Just play the game.

Oh yeah, one more thing: You shouldn't play a game because said top players are. Sure, they can be a driving force in the scene for multiple reasons. But "because *said player* plays this game! It must be good!" isn't. That doesn't work and is illogical. Play the game because you want to. Not because it's the flavor of the month.

I am apart of the Capcom/SNK Fighting Game Community. I still play semi-competitively. If people stopped playing a game because of one stupid in-game mechanic or one top player said it was bad for this, this and these reasons. There would be no fighting game scene. Plain and simple.

Oh, and don't bring up the "not caring about the past track record thing" because 90% of the top players in all the "top" Capcom and SNK games have been there since the beginning.

/end rant.

On a lighter note. AR_Sam, I did talk to the person you suggest about an hour or so ago. We are going to try and get something together i think he said Thursday or Friday? I'm going to try and bring my cousin and his friend, Alex out as well.

I also read up on the Conway tourney. I unfortunately work weekends but I am going to try and get my schedule changed a bit so I can try and go.
Wow. He really got offended by that. LOL

You don't know me. I said something that I thought was pretty funny myself. Some others obviously thought so too, but I'm the only one who said it. But you're coming at me like nobody else feels this way and start ranting at the bad guy. No hard feelings to AR_Sam, he was probably joking.

When was I a "whiny baby" over Brawl? I'd like to know how you come up with a good explanation for this one. Don't worry, I'll wait.

I've given Brawl it's chance, believe me. You can't say that I haven't because you have no idea who I am. I gave it most of my attention for about 2 months and I decided that it wasn't worth playing. Went to 1 tournament for Brawl. Was the most boring tournament I've ever been to. I realized that it will NEVER be quite like Melee. It's way too different. There's nothing that people can discover to make it play more like 64 and Melee, so I just gave up on it after that. I still keep up with tournament results, some videos here and there, and just random new things that people find out, but don't play anymore. I don't whine over it. I've accepted that it's not the game we'd all hoped it was and just started playing Melee again.

Also, Sam didn't mean that because I'm good at Melee, that he should play Melee. He meant that because I'm good at Melee, he thinks my opinion is worth being considered, since I should know something about smash. I don't think he took offense to what I said.

I'm not really surprised that you don't care or know anything about Melee because you wouldn't have made that statement if you did. This conversation just really ends up getting to me telling you that you don't know what you're talking about.

One last thing. Just curious. You're from Washington? Why are 3 of your 6 posts in the Arkansas thread?

Edit- Chris, I love you.

Jack- I was thinking the same thing, haha.

Vts

Smash Champion
do i see a money match between nite and stuart? or a fist fight :) pay to watch that $2!!!!

nite- too sexy for his shirt
chamberlin- maybe
Saberguy- Come to cabot and teach me n64 smash
stuart- WHY SO SERIOUS?!?!?!!

btw we should all go see The Dark Knight the $1 theater when its released.

Nite

Smash Champion
do i see a money match between nite and stuart? or a fist fight :) pay to watch that $2!!!!

nite- too sexy for his shirt
chamberlin- maybe
Saberguy- Come to cabot and teach me n64 smash
stuart- WHY SO SERIOUS?!?!?!!

btw we should all go see The Dark Knight the $1 theater when its released.
LOL Vts <3

We need Melee tournaments again around here. We have to go to Georgia and beyond for them now.

PS- Chamberlin is the man.

AR_Sam

Smash Rookie
Handorin: my point was that it is not that easy to win brawl tournaments. That is why people like dsf, m2k, azen, and bum still win smash tournies. Oh and I didn't know your area had melee tournaments still. In my area it's either play brawl tournaments or no smash, so I choose brawl over nothing. IMO melee > 64 > brawl

nite: no johns. you're awesome at melee, and I would have liked to play you in it, but I'll probly never get to play you so whatever. Since saber kicked my *** I'm guessing you would blow me away.

stuart: since you asked and I have time to do it this time here is what I disagreed with

--- nite nailed this for me, check his post

"People need to quit being whiny babies over brawl. Get over it's faults and just play the game and build the community instead of *****ing about tripping, smash balls and whatever stupid **** people can think of.

Just play the game."

------------I've been going to tournaments and playing it, but the fact is if melee was alive anywhere near where I live I would probly be playing it instead. However, the tournaments are being held in brawl around here so I am playing it.

"Oh yeah, one more thing: You shouldn't play a game because said top players are. Sure, they can be a driving force in the scene for multiple reasons. But "because *said player* plays this game! It must be good!" isn't. That doesn't work and is illogical. Play the game because you want to. Not because it's the flavor of the month."

------I just disagree. I respect what great melee players have to say about brawl. I don't like brawl because I think it's missing some of the things that made melee a great competitive fighter.

"I am apart of the Capcom/SNK Fighting Game Community. I still play semi-competitively. If people stopped playing a game because of one stupid in-game mechanic or one top player said it was bad for this, this and these reasons. There would be no fighting game scene. Plain and simple."

-------------I've played most every 2d fighter that was worth anything at least semi-competitively. None of the 2d fighting series have ever experienced a change anywhere near as drastic as melee to brawl was. And no one is playing or not playing smash because good people said it was good/bad.

"Oh, and don't bring up the "not caring about the past track record thing" because 90% of the top players in all the "top" Capcom and SNK games have been there since the beginning."

--------a lot of old brass in melee still wins. So, you don't really have a point here and your statistic is just totally made up.

"On a lighter note. AR_Sam, I did talk to the person you suggest about an hour or so ago. We are going to try and get something together i think he said Thursday or Friday? I'm going to try and bring my cousin and his friend, Alex out as well.

I also read up on the Conway tourney. I unfortunately work weekends but I am going to try and get my schedule changed a bit so I can try and go."

-------------------I think me, steve, and someone else are going to try to go to that conway thing...nothing for sure though.

I probably made some logical errors in my responses but I am not going to look over and read what I typed. I'll just refute your rebuttal if I have to lol

Nite

Smash Champion
Sam- There aren't Melee tournaments in Tennessee. xD There used to be biweeklies and a pretty nice sized INN tournament from time to time, but not anymore. I wish there were tournaments in Memphis, but there haven't been any in a while. Hopefully someone will find somewhere to hold them again and I'm sure the locals would show.

AR_Sam

Smash Rookie
ya saber and all the arkansas people always talked about the biweelies in memphis, but I live in Fayetteville which is way farther away than any of those guys were driving, so I never got to make one. I meant to go to one with madhatter at the very end of melee, but it never happened. If even ONE person could play melee competently up here I would be playing it. I guess I could start playing 64 online again, but emulators and all that junk aren't the best thing to have on your computer.

Tha_Shogun_12

Smash Journeyman
shogun: smash itself is fun. Do you prefer brawl to the other 2 (melee, 64) tho?
To tell you the truth, yes I do, it's a really fun game too me. One thing I wish they had on brawl that is on the other two is L (or Z) Cancelling. But brawl has the two best things to me that I always look for in a fighting game. If a fighting game has these two things, them I'm all for it and thats:

1. A good character balance
2. Good music

I get in the Zone with good VG music in a game, which is prolly the reason why I did so well in Soul Calibur and even some stages on Tekken (Music Major ftw!!). I'm not saying Brawl has the best character balance, but it does have a much better character balance than melee. The technical factor I really don't care about, cause you can have the most common style (a lot of Drephen videos I've seen) and still be good at something. That's how I feel anyways.

Tha_Shogun_12

Smash Journeyman
QUICK DOUBLE POST!!

I've been waiting to put this piece of sexy into a video for a long time and finally got a chance to do it. I did the vid in a goofy way trying to have fun with it, and tried something different than what I normally do. It's brawl related, but I think you guys will still like it. ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24Hux8C8ero

Top Bottom