• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Watching ya'll play LoL the other night made me kinda wanna play. I kinda think I may be good at it, but I'm not sure since I've never played those type of games.

Also, Arby/VTS/Arkansas Smashers who are good

does anyone wanna play smash tonight? I've been craving a little smash action.

Raven_Knight

Smash Rookie
I have read that manga before to like ch 90 something
It's surprisingly good for something
that occasionally feels like a Hikaru no Go
rip off except with a boringer game (which is hard
seeing how boring Go is), supernatural hearing
abilities, and, you know,
a girl main character.

I consider GO boring because Hikaru No Go made
me really want to get good at it, and I have found
that though I have a number of fantastic skills
and abilities, Go skill does lie there in. Made me
mad.

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States of America
Hmmm Hikaru no Go or Chihayafuru?

I would say they are both equally good, but different. Hikaru is a shonen and like a shonen it has many shonen qualities. Hikaru is a male child like character who plays go while being possessed by a spirit. Like any sports shonen they elaborate on the action and not so much on the characterization. On the other hand, Chihayafuru is Josei, more mature, and realistic. This show focuses on the drama, characterizations, all while showing all the hard work and determination of the main character's will to succeed in what ever she is doing. I have seen both and they are both objectively good. Some people can't stand shonen, while others can't stand josei. I like both.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
I think they should rename Hikaru no Go to Yu-Gi-Go.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Lol during semifinals right now, commentator explains Fnatic's comeback against TSM saying "They're playing League of Legends, not hero kills." How appropriate!

It's like every gamer laughed at Leeroy Jenkins back in the day, then turned into Leeroy Jenkins when they picked up an online game :(

As I type this TSM pulls baron and an ace. So much for comeback :p

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Yo G. Vice, here is a recent vid of the Ganon I used to play with (an old friend) a lot back in Cali in like '06. What do you think?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k-6npzNkKQ
He isn't bad. His tech skill is a little forced, but he has a decent sense of how to use it. I feel like he's a little slow, but has fairly good spacing skills. I think you'd beat him fairly convincingly, if I had to judge on a video.

Also-

Shame on all of you guys. Ace asked if anyone was smashing last, and instead you all in turn begin to talk LoL. Seriously, this ain't no LoL thread, I don't mind it being talked about, but don't blatantly disregard the only smash talk mentioned in days in here, and in ignorance begin the LoL banter. Punks.

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States of America
Man, solo q continues to make me sad. Team mate won't play their characters in the right lane. They are heros... Won't group up for team fights until we have already lost. My mordekaizer is carrying the game. Can't pick shen because some other noob did. He does AD. I'm about to never play Solo again.

memk

Smash Cadet
NNID
memk1213
Man, solo q continues to make me sad. Team mate won't play their characters in the right lane. They are heros... Won't group up for team fights until we have already lost. My mordekaizer is carrying the game. Can't pick shen because some other noob did. He does AD. I'm about to never play Solo again.
It does suck to play solo but you're never free to play.

Seifersythe

Smash Apprentice
Team Seaslug is where it's at!

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Sorry guys, father's day this weekend apparently=family reunion on Saturday. No Memphis for meeeee.
Hey guys, I'm here to drop off a link to a tournament that Louisiana is hosting in July. It's the biggest one we have to offer. We already have a few states on board and we would love to see you guys attend as well.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=322514
We'll see if it's in the cards as the date approaches :)

Dorian T

Smash Rookie
Hey Rusty, I don't know if you remember me, my name's Harley. We used to ride the school bus together a long time ago. Dude I never knew you were into smash.

Anyway, it'd be awesome if we could play sometime, I live right down the road from you. My address is 420 Owl Creek Cutoff. Would you mind adding me on aim so we can talk? hbrock@gmx.com

memk

Smash Cadet
NNID
memk1213
Hey Rusty, I don't know if you remember me, my name's Harley. We used to ride the school bus together a long time ago. Dude I never knew you were into smash.

Anyway, it'd be awesome if we could play sometime, I live right down the road from you. My address is 420 Owl Creek Cutoff. Would you mind adding me on aim so we can talk? hbrock@gmx.com
We're balls deep in that ish.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman

Woooow outta the blue. Yeah dude I remember you :D I'm in Little Rock right now, but we can definitely play when I'm home some weekend. I'll send you a chat soon.

If you had any way to get up here, you could play with a few of my friends too.

Top Bottom