• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I thought the set was close, but overall looked very sloppy to me.

I missed 500 pivot jabs that match, and go for wayyyy to obvious dumb things vs that campy fox.

and LOL ^^ that's beautiful of Rusty

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
I guess I like it because you play at least a little like yourself against him in that set. Verrry unusual :p

I want to see 100% G.Vice vs 100% Chamberlin. I think you both underrate the other in some ways, and it would be interesting (or at least entertaining) to see the result. I have a pick to win, but who knows?

Yeaah that picture. I'm a shooting star! Like Johnny the school boy. Hopefully I don't end up like him >.>

Lol good reading in here... If all goes well I should be able to make apex with the Arkansas crew... An interview sounds fun.

:phone:
Really? That would be awesome.

lol five of us at Apex, who'd a thunk it

And you could team with Vice so no one has to play with the ***** ******** **** March Hare.

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
Really? That would be awesome.

And you could team with Vice so no one has to play with the ***** ******** **** March Hare.
Rusty is still angsty for losing to the Yoshiman's yoshi and TMH's sheik team. No worries. I don't think anyone could have done much against that awesome.

Not having a teammate would make me very sad though. Guess I'll enter teams with a level 9 ganon. Better than having to team with the ***** ******** **** Arbustos.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Someone pointed out an interesting detail as regards Legend of Zelda. The Skyward Sword map mirrors LttP, which (I think) clears some things up about the timeline.

So far there seem to be three timelines going on, two of which conflict. Skyward Sword and Ocarina of Time are the bedrock of the series. Every other game follows these. Then there's the Link to the Past -> Link's Awakening -> original LoZ -> Adventure of Link timeline, which was supposed to be the main one. OoT was meant as a predecessor to LttP (*you get to play out the Imprisoning War in which Pig Ganon was born by the Triforce of Power and sealed away). But then Wind Waker -> Phantom Hourglass -> Spirit Tracks -> Minish Cap -> Four Swords -> Four Swords Adventures threw everything off by also following the adult timeline of OoT. The original's status as the primary timeline is still supported IMO by the fact that SS uses LttP's map, which both generally agree with OoT. The child timeline, where Ganondorf is still a man (also trapped in the Sacred Realm), is the third: Majora's Mask -> Twilight Princess. (Oracle of Ages and Seasons either fall between LttP and Link's Awakening, replace Link's Awakening in an alternate timeline, or don't fit in at all.)

Ganon(dorf) dies in LttP, LoZ, WW, and TP, all three timelines. However, the original timeline supports the "legend" theory which **almost spoilers but not really you've known this forever** Skyward Sword cements: Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf will be reborn throughout the ages. This is seen in Ganon's return in the first game, even though it follows his death in LttP. As a result, Nintendo has an easy out in terms of following up all three or four of these timelines. Any game can be tacked on at the end or in between with the understanding that these are not related Links and etc. It's still cool that most of these games are connected through historical events and recurring characters though, with a conscious effort to be part of a timeline.

chamberlin

Smash Ace
Kinda crazy actually... It's gonna be an amazing trip for you guys. You'll probably level up after going to this tourny, so hopefully you'll all be better than me when you come back (then I can quickly catch up and overtake you... bwa hahaha... hopefully)

I have the vacation days I could use, but I don't have the moneys to spare to go. I'll leave this one to you youngins (and Ace) and cheer you on from the sidelines.

Infinitora

Smash Journeyman
For the record skyward sword is the very first in the Zelda timeline, I just read a big article in Game Informer about it. Figured it was relevant ;p

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
I have the vacation days I could use, but I don't have the moneys to spare to go. I'll leave this one to you youngins (and Ace) and cheer you on from the sidelines.
Sell a kidney! Beat up Vts and take his money!!
For the record skyward sword is the very first in the Zelda timeline, I just read a big article in Game Informer about it. Figured it was relevant ;p
Yeah, it definitely is. You bring about the original Hyrule (of OoT), and it features the first Link and Zelda.

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
The sheik falcon matchup is not as bad as falcon's whine about. Falcon can do too many homo things to sheik for the matchup to be that unfair. I'd give it a 55:45 for sheik. Marth has a harder time against sheik than broken *** falcon does. I am a sheik living in a state full of gay *** c. falcon's, and I approve this message.

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
Skyward Sword is great... really love it.

What's not great is how I'm currently playing Spirit Tracks and it's boring as ****. It's tolerable, I don't actively hate it like I do with Phantom Hourglass.

Moar LoZ

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
The sheik falcon matchup is not as bad as falcon's whine about. Falcon can do too many homo things to sheik for the matchup to be that unfair. I'd give it a 55:45 for sheik. Marth has a harder time against sheik than broken *** falcon does. I am a sheik living in a state full of gay *** c. falcon's, and I approve this message.
yep yep

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Speak the truth mang. Falcon isn't broken though. He feels so ****ty once you use characters with projectiles or swords.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Speak the truth mang. Falcon isn't broken though. He feels so ****ty once you use characters with projectiles or swords.
Roy ain't that good man.

Seriously though, he only feels bad when your tech skill is off against spacies. Two 40-60s in the whole game? That's a good character!

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Best combo I've ever pulled on Arby was last night.

Shield pressure resulting in a shield break ~> Up tilt ~> dropzone uair + KO Fair.

LEGIT

chamberlin

Smash Ace
We shall see what the future holds. I've done a lot of changes in my schedule/priorities which will actually give me some more free time (I think). I'm gonna eat out with my parents after work then I don't really have anything going on tonight.

Brad (roommate) bought FFXIII so I may give it a shot.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
That's the first thing I checked, but cursory google searches produced nothing anime-related. Just stuff about it being an ancient pop song that has since become a national anthem through sports. Like http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=7xd44PWZGzg#t=36s. I dismissed it as a coincidence, although I guess you posting it suggests otherwise.

Also Gary Glitter is hilarious. If I didn't know any better, I'd say he was a pedophile.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I'm not sure if I'll be able to smash anytime soon. I've got stuff going on in the next few days.

We'll play soon I'm sure.

Vts

Smash Champion
omg new controller feeling is amazing, finally after being super sick i'm only semi sick so get to enjoy it

one of them is like broken in perfectly button wise, now shield wise would be only thing i'm going to change and removing rumble.

Time to practice before my drugs knock me back out!

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
I was looking back through my old binders when I saw this especially fat one with a lot of wear and tear. Turns out it's from senior year of high school, and holy ****. I thought this was my busiest semester ever >.<

I only remember video games and social things from those Fast Times at Asthma High, and now I'm thinking it's because I blocked out the grueling **** that school subjected me to. Post Traumatic Student Disorder, maybe?

Here's to college! And here's to video games and social things! Essays still suck :(

http://www.amazon.com/Monitor-Adapt...7LR6/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1323835745&sr=8-6

Are power cords like the one in the corner universal? My old TV (the silver one) had a connection just like that, but it's not the same brand or anything. Different voltage too, and I can't find one that goes high enough. Does that matter in this case? I'm asking because Will is taking his TV, so the apartment will soon be smashless.

Vts

Smash Champion
I was looking back through my old binders when I saw this especially fat one with a lot of wear and tear. Turns out it's from senior year of high school, and holy ****. I thought this was my busiest semester ever >.<

I only remember video games and social things from those Fast Times at Asthma High, and now I'm thinking it's because I blocked out the grueling **** that school subjected me to. Post Traumatic Student Disorder, maybe?

Here's to college! And here's to video games and social things! Essays still suck :(

http://www.amazon.com/Monitor-Adapt...7LR6/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1323835745&sr=8-6

Are power cords like the one in the corner universal? My old TV (the silver one) had a connection just like that, but it's not the same brand or anything. Different voltage too, and I can't find one that goes high enough. Does that matter in this case? I'm asking because Will is taking his TV, so the apartment will soon be smashless.
yeah power cords are like those in the smaller image

so practicing i did a waveland desync where my nana blizzarded behind me instead of the front.

Rather odd but if i could get down waveland desyncs that would be sexy :D

Top Bottom