• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
"Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee."

pretty good Metallica song mirite
Metallica, Yes! Rock, Vintage rock with crazy guitar. That song is good Arby, but not their best.
:glare: John Donne remembered forever through an imaginary metallica song. :glare:

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, my favorite is actually the next on the album (Fade to Black). Also about death, appropriately enough.

Emptiness is filling me
To the point of agony
Growing darkness taking dawn
I was me but
now
he's
gone

Man early Metallica is awesome. I know what I'm listening to all night

while doing homework :C

:glare: John Donne remembered forever through an imaginary metallica song. :glare:
To be fair, Metallica derived the title from Hemingway, not Donne. Donne can rest his fame on "no man is an island" instead ;)

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Nurse Redmon or Doctor Curlin, I pulled a muscle in my neck/shoulder and am now in a great deal of pain. Also incapacitated. What do?

Sincerely,
Misery Business

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
Nurse Redmon or Doctor Curlin, I pulled a muscle in my neck/shoulder and am now in a great deal of pain. Also incapacitated. What do?

Sincerely,
Misery Business
We need to operate. Find the nearest surgeon and tell them to remove the muscle. This is always effective.

Also asprin and ice to reduce inflammation also might work. Try not to use the muscle much. Keep your head raised on a pillow. But these are all merely treating the symptoms. Removing the muscle has a better chance of success.

G. Vice

Smash Lord

Sincerely,
Misery Business
Hmm..I'm afraid you need immediate treatment.

The procedure is indeed unique. We'll need to start by removing both thumbs and breaking the index fingers bilaterally, as well as smashing the stabilizing muscles in the hand, such as ones that would be able to hold a gamecube controller, with a hammer.

The neck pain will be gone before you know, and will subside soon.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
He that humbleth himself wishes to be exalted. - Friedrich Nietzsche

G. VICE
"For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted." - Matthew 23:12

God > Fred Gutenhagenrich

I'm so bad at smash...... :D

G. Vice

Smash Lord
God is dead. - Nietzsche

:p

And this.

There's a world of difference between the humble man and false modesty.
Obviously, I'm not being completely serious.

And I'm not surprised that Gutenhammer takes that stand(if he really does so) as he died from an advanced syphilis disease in a mental institute.

Creator of the everything vs dead crazy guy with an STD?

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

:)

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
You can never tell when someone is serious when they bring religion into things.

I believe that's called an ad hominem wink wink. He may have been a crankity old German, but he had a lot of really important ideas.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
You can never tell when someone is serious when they bring religion into things.

I believe that's called an ad hominem wink wink. He may have been a crankity old German, but he had a lot of really important ideas.
True enough. He seemed like a very intelligent dude.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
i found myself in here due to namesearch

this thread has the strangest assortment of topics ive ever seen

G. Vice

Smash Lord
One of the most prominent minds of the last 300 years vs your imaginary friend?
Guess who gave that man his mind? His creator :D

It is written: "'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.'" -Romans 14:11

That means you too Seif.

At least with me and my imaginary friend I have something to live for in this life that doesn't end with me meeting my eternal end in a pine box rotting.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Captain Falcon kneels before no one, except to welcome them to their early demise.

I have something to live for too. I live for the sake of living, and bugger what comes next.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Well for people without God, technically you have the 80-90 years alotted here on earth depending on how long you live.

That is however it. So you ain't dead yet.

And Arby, if Falcon were a real man, even he would kneel :)

hard to believe it I know

Seifersythe

Smash Apprentice
Guess who gave that man his mind? His creator :D

It is written: "'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.'" -Romans 14:11

That means you too Seif.
That's like saying you're going to put my Monopoly piece in Jail if I don't play with you.

At least with me and my imaginary friend I have something to live for in this life that doesn't end with me meeting my eternal end in a pine box rotting.
I have something to live for and it's something I've decided as opposed to something dictated to me.

Also that Steve Jobs joke is freaking great. XD

G. Vice

Smash Lord
That's like saying you're going to put my Monopoly piece in Jail if I don't play with you.
Ey bro,

On the judgement day, when all of mankind is kneeling, just remember who told you so. And then you tell me if it still feels like monopoly.

I wouldn't be so hard if you didn't intentionally try to rile me so with your such obvious God hate.

Seifersythe

Smash Apprentice
Ey bro,

On the judgement day, when all of mankind is kneeling, just remember who told you so. And then you tell me if it still feels like monopoly.
Noted

I wouldn't be so hard if you didn't intentionally try to rile me so with your such obvious God hate.
Why do I get to be the bad guy?

I don't bring religion up at all unless someone else does first. I do that so as to avoid riling you up. I know it's a sore spot and I don't generally get enjoyment out hurting my friends. I bring it up in after several posts on the subject in a joke about how I'm an atheist and you're a Christian and I'm labeled as full of "God hate."

That's not really fair.

Arby does the same thing, to the extent of posting 'God is Dead' and you're all smiles and elbows and I jab back after you pretty much tell me I'm going to hell and you get in your feelings.

What exactly is it that you live for?
It's a general "Be Excellent to One Another" a'la Bill and Ted mindset, but if I had to boil it down to core concepts... Hmm.

Making those I care about happy without being at the expense of those I don't.
Accept truths no matter how harsh.
Try to be a good person.

-edit-
Not trying to judge you or anything. Honestly it's never been that clear to me.
Darn them ghost edits! No worries.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Noted

Why do I get to be the bad guy?

I don't bring religion up at all unless someone else does first. I do that so as to avoid riling you up. I know it's a sore spot and I don't generally get enjoyment out hurting my friends. I bring it up in after several posts on the subject in a joke about how I'm an atheist and you're a Christian and I'm labeled as full of "God hate."

That's not really fair.

Arby does the same thing, to the extent of posting 'God is Dead' and you're all smiles and elbows and I jab back after you pretty much tell me I'm going to hell and you get in your feelings.
He does it in a way that's less offensive. Probably because of the fact that on more than one occasion you've verbally berated me for not engaging with you guys in something because my faith prevents me from it. While Arby acknowledges my beliefs and respects them and doesn't intentionally try to get me to compromise them, and then doesn't belittle me if I refuse.

Also, I would say that me merely talking about religion and about saying that God > Neitzsche as a foundation to my belief of God being greater than mankind, in no way is a direct insult to you. While you poking fun at my "imaginary friend" is a far greater slight, and a personal "jab" as you put it, at me. A direct insult.

So don't say I opened the floodgates when I merely retorted with scripture, and you were the one who actually started the cascade of personal slights. I never said nothing about your beliefs until you started in with your rude talk.

Also, if we're playing favorites, you didn't come across as hard on Clay as you did/would on me. So maybe it's a similar thing with you and Arby for me.

Seifersythe

Smash Apprentice
He does it in a way that's less offensive. Probably because of the fact that on more than one occasion you've verbally berated me for not engaging with you guys in something because my faith prevents me from it. While Arby acknowledges my beliefs and respects them and doesn't intentionally try to get me to compromise them, and then doesn't belittle me if I refuse.
I've never seriously done that in a way to intentionally belittle you, and I am really sorry if I've hurt your feelings.

However, the flip side to that is that you often interject your beliefs into whatever the current subject is with backhanded comments along the lines of "Yeah, that would be cool but the Bible says that's wrong so if it where me I wouldn't do that. But you guys have fun."

I do question you whenever I hear stuff like that.

But seriously, bro I don't mean to demean you. I love you.

Also, I would say that me merely talking about religion and about saying that God > Neitzsche as a foundation to my belief of God being greater than mankind, in no way is a direct insult to you.
It wasn't a direct insult to me but you did call Nietzsche a "Dead crazy guy with an STD." Obviously it was in jest to troll Arby with an ad hominem attack. Silly me to think that I could do the same to thing to you.

While you poking fun at my "imaginary friend" is a far greater slight, and a personal "jab" as you put it, at me. A direct insult.
This 'direct insult' was immediately followed by a Troll Face. I was trolling you in the same way you troll Yoshiman and VTS for being poor losers.

Dude, this is why I don't bring this stuff up with you. You can dish it out but you can't take it.

So don't say I opened the floodgates when I merely retorted with scripture, and you were the one who actually started the cascade of personal slights. I never said nothing about your beliefs until you started in with your rude talk.
Oh come on. You said and I quote

"'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.'" -Romans 14:11

That means you too Seif.
How is that not personal? You told me "Yeah, make jokes now, but you'll have to answer to God about you jokes".

I then responded with a snarky "Yeah, I don't believe in in the Bible, so that doesn't really mean anything."

Which you replied

Which is litearlly saying "God is gonna get you. And then you'll be sorry. You'll think 'O woe is me. I should have listened to Zane. Why oh why did I not see before it was too late.'

Also, if we're playing favorites, you didn't come across as hard on Clay as you did/would on me. So maybe it's a similar thing with you and Arby for me.
I didn't/don't come across as hard on Clay because he doesn't/don't get hyper-defensive and pull the 'You're going to hell" card all the time.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I don't recall using that line, and if you'll talk to any of the other guys who have talked with me about religion you'll know that I intentionally steer clear of that line, as it tends to not be received well.

Also, for the record. Yes, I do take exceptional offense when someone slams the Lord. It's called indignation, or righteous anger. I think that something that is as important as the salvation of souls, vs the playing a game and and the trolling that goes along with that is a world of difference. A joke among friends about losing stocks at smash bros, is nothing compared to calling the foundation for someone's life and existence "imaginary."

Sorry if me basing my entire life on scripture, or the will of God, is offensive, but at least I hope that you have been able to see some consistency between the two.

oh, and yeah. I didn't want to use that line, but in my hot-headed nature I typed it out. It's really not something to laugh or joke about, because honestly I wouldn't want my worst enemy in that position, let alone one of my friends.

Remember, Jesus Christ himself braided a whip and drove people out of the temple for making a mockery of the house of God, and undermining him.
Believe me bro...I'm coming in light.

Top Bottom