• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Every episode I've seen (which is given, around 12) has him misdiagnosing the patient and administering the wrong treatment two or three times until he finally ends up right.

Still a good show.
I watched that show over the summer and probably saw 80 different episodes. I have no idea how many seasons it covered, but it ranged from 2005-2010, and I got to where they started repeating on me.

The man's a genius, though.

For Arby-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi_VGxu4NUc

VERY Katy Perry-esque wouldn't you say? I heard it the other day at like 5:40am on the way to the gym before I looked it up, and I could have swore it was a new Katy Perry song at the hook.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
kind of like me listening to someone sing off tune, coughrustycough :troll:
watchu tryna say boy

it's all about the HEART

I'm not quite sure what you're talking about here. What are we exceptions too?
DBZ nostalgia goggles, or DBZisawesomeregardlessofanything goggles

You can definitely make a judgment based on which one you feel is a "greater" work. It's a general comparison in the way of artistic expression more so than specific elements, which you'd have to do for some things even in the same medium (Trust & Betrayal and Lucky Star). For a bunch of subjective reasons, some of which I could identify and you wouldn't have to agree with, I think Looney Tunes is a greater work than FMA.

To me, there's a lot more wrong with anime than the tendency toward bad endings. The medium is rampant with masochistic conventions. A lot of this can be chalked up to budget concerns, but a lot can also be laid at the feet of the creators. Maybe I'm just too inundated in American animation, but the rule seems to be a higher standard than the exception that is quality anime. Why do unique and interesting characters feel like a godsend in anime? Why do 80% of shows feel like they were printed from the same few templates? There's so much more, but you know what I mean. *Even when American animation gets redundant and generic (Scooby Doo, Wacky Races, etc.), it's still way more enjoyable/better made than your standard blah anime, or most anime (imo).

Anime is only better at telling a story because that's the goal. American television is dominated by an episodic format and unspecified length. I almost appreciate shows like Futurama more because they accomplish character/meaningful plot development without adhering to a traditional narrative like anime does (intro, rising, climax, falling, conclusion). In any case, it's a difference of approach. And of course, when anime gets its **** together it can be wondrous.

Seif and a scythe were going to hunt me down was the idea

Watching FMA on TV, one episode at a time, is a much different experience than essentially marathoning it. And then you have years of marination to sweeten the months you spent with the show. I didn't make a connection with the characters or themes anyway, but there's definitely a nostalgic element to the series that I missed. I feel the same gray tone about TNG ("just" a good show), but nostalgia pushes me to remember it fondly.

It's "its" btw. Easy grammar fix that feels good every time (at least to me), like spelling separate or definite correctly :)

For Arby-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi_VGxu4NUc

VERY Katy Perry-esque wouldn't you say? I heard it the other day at like 5:40am on the way to the gym before I looked it up, and I could have swore it was a new Katy Perry song at the hook.
Yeah, she obviously wants a cut of that apple pie.

Oh, Lights' new album is out. Nowhere near as good as the first imo, but still decent.

ha our Frenchie roommate is watching Everybody Loves Raymond on the big screen

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
I don't sing on command, but if it's playing I may sing along with it.

Also, you've heard me sing alot in the past I thought.
I have but singalongs don't count, Singalongs ARE all about heart, it's why I don't remove rusty's vocal chords and replace them with piano strings, that and he knows 500% - 2500% more lyrics of songs than I do. Acapella is the only way to prove yourself like a boss. :)

ha our Frenchie roommate is watching Everybody Loves Raymond on the big screen
Why haven't you "accidentally" thrown a large axe at the screen yet?

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
I have but singalongs don't count, Singalongs ARE all about heart, it's why I don't remove rusty's vocal chords and replace them with piano strings, that and he knows 500% - 2500% more lyrics of songs than I do. Acapella is the only way to prove yourself
That's why you never hear me sing acapella ;) If I do, it's usually a joke voice. I know my weaknesses.

You and your brother don't have the most cherubic voices yourselves :p Our singalongs are 0% talent, 20% pain, and 100% reason to remember the name.

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
That's why you never hear me sing acapella ;) If I do, it's usually a joke voice. I know my weaknesses.

You and your brother don't have the most cherubic voices yourselves :p Our singalongs are 0% talent, 20% pain, and 100% reason to remember the name.
My non-cherubic voice got me ranked in tenor 2 state choir 3 years in a row, admittedly it WAS in Arkansas but still.... :p
I'm more of a operetta loud booming type of singer. Which is good when all of the pieces you need to sing come from Composers getting off on themselves, but I can't sing pop music at all. Also going without official singing practice for years straight, hurts. :(

memk

Smash Cadet
NNID
memk1213
Just to say

March hare, no one speaks of me out of turn unless I have spoken recently on the topic other than that do not refer to me since my thoughts on topics change.

Not saying you're in the wrong for doing so, but its kinda odd that you would do such a thing considering we barely have any knowledge of each other.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I could have potentially been in a choir as well. But it is far too time consuming, and I site read just fine thanks.

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
March hare, no one speaks of me out of turn .
LoL I don't even...

I could have potentially been in a choir as well. But it is far too time consuming, and I site read just fine thanks.
Yeah, it was taking up too much of my time prior to junior year of high school which is why I just dropped it when I entered ASMSA. Music is a life decision when you decide to go even quasihardcore at it.

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
Sometimes I wonder if people are really as stupid as they make themselves out to be, or they're just trolling.

Vts

Smash Champion
Yeah i got papers to write but i'm going anyways but leaving at 1030 latest .

Also grabbing ace and going to chipotle but i'm not hungry just going to hang with ace

about to leave to head there in about 15m

edit- sweet found a pool opens at 5:30 am and is $36 monthly fee not to bad if i swim 3-4 times a week.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Zivilyn Bane is helping me through it, but so far this is what I got:

arby: 1600
Chamberlin: 1333
ACE: 1333
VTS: 1333
Yoshiman: 1067
Seif: 933
Neo: 800

pool image

It was going to be a three-way tie for 2nd, since Chamber, Ace, and VTS beat each other in a circle, but Clay had one less loss.

The twins will be here next Thursday through the weekend, so we should do something so they get a chance. We can also record using March Hare's computer. I'm still trying to figure out what's wrong with mine :(

Vts

Smash Champion
Zivilyn Bane is helping me through it, but so far this is what I got:

arby: 1600
Chamberlin: 1333
ACE: 1333
VTS: 1333
Yoshiman: 1067
Seif: 933
Neo: 800

pool image

It was going to be a three-way tie for 2nd, since Chamber, Ace, and VTS beat each other in a circle, but Clay had one less loss.
hope i wrote the results down right

did ace beat you once or was that a friendly cus i forgot the ask.

o well tied for 2nd is cool

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Our set was my Marth vs his Falcon. I won on BF, he won on FD, I won on Yoshi's. Then he tried Falco on Yoshi's just to see, and sure enough he beat me.

That's reason enough to improve for next time. I got some motivation out of it, so success! Although I wish I had the matches to watch :(

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
I would leave it at 50. Although I also favor a different formula for first tournaments when all participants are unrated. I like this better:
I = ((75W + 15P)+900)
I is Initial rating
W is wins
P is partial wins (1-2)

At the point when 75% or more of your tourney is rated, use the calculator I linked you to with 50 as the number of previous games and new players starting at a base of the average elo of the rated players in attendance.
Based on Ziv's advice here, the new ratings are

Arby 1350
Chamberlin 1215
Ace 1215
VTS 1215
Yoshiman 1050
Seif 990
Neo 900

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
So I had to write a short canto describing an extra circle where I would personally put a specific kind of sinner in Dante's hell. This could be done in poetry or in prose.

I decided to write it like a boss and do a terza rima, the form Dante originally wrote his Divine Comedy in, describing my extra circle. The terza rima isn't used a lot in english poetry because we lack as many rhymes as italian does. In english, it's usually done in iambic pentameter. As you can see for my last two lines, i instead used alexandrines.

I tread upon the icy ground away
from fraud and violence, greed and rage to find
a dark and sullen plane, between the way
of lies and that of traitors and their kind.
From underneath the ground the nightmares came,
like climbing from a sicken'd rotten mind
once on the plane they saw their monstrous shame,
the ice a mirror back for all to see,
they rent themselves apart to hide their blame.

"These monstrous men, on earth, lov'd others' agony,
and now, they hurt themselves, for all eternity."

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Wouldn't sadism just be a subset of violence? Although considering the layout of Hell trends toward sin committed against others, it would have to be pretty deep in there.

This movie is fifty years old...

It's great, but she's greater.

There are going to be so many 50th anniversaries in the next ten years. The 60s were overflowing with culture.

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
Lies. You don't have to partake in a violent act to be a sadist. Although, sadism might go in the inner ring of violence with the sodomites the violent against nature. Oh well, most sins were covered in his rings anyway, I just grabbed one not specifically covered in the circles and ran with it.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I wish I had time to play smash :(

edit*

Arby 2 gud @ super legends of mario and donkey kong brothers

Top Bottom