• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, this one guy (Randall/SnakeMan) is really getting involved with the game and has played G. Vice some. He didn't know about ARK, and... now he does :D He's coming.

One of Seif's coworkers is coming with him, and Saber Guy is bringing a friend or two. Then there's at least eight others among us who are going (me, vts, ace, chamber, vice, yoshiman, march hare, raven knight). Attendance is looking good :]

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Awesome! The only thing I'm worried about is... none of us (except Mike) play Melee like ever, so we'll be very short on Melee setups. If you guys don't mind bringing setups, we'd appreciate it =]
Whole setups would be nice, but at least systems + discs will probably be necessary.

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
Rusty y Will, Mr Happy came out with a book. It's so bad, it's making me laugh. And I'm just reading an excerpt. XD

http://cliffhappy.com/site/
Here's one of the better lines.

Now closer, Merrick could see the wicked scars more clearly. Morgan had been a handsome man at one time. But not any longer; the scars on his face had changed that.:rotfl:

Raven_Knight

Smash Rookie
Been doing what I can to promote the tournament haha. Any new guys from the last Smash N Thrash coming?
A guy from OBU named Ken (I'm not even joking) is coming after I told him about Ark; he's going to play melee, brawl, and blazblue.
I told another English major who loves 2d fighters about Ark, and he is ecstatic about the prospect of that Wong guy being there. He said he is probably going to show, but he doesn't play melee. He plays third strike, MvC, and SSF.

xD I'm spreading the word

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
Got 6 hours of smashing against entirely new people today on an hd tv today. After the first hour I started not noticing the lag. Probably not a good thing.

They all went in thinking that since they were the best amongst their circle of friends that they had a chance against me.

Say hello to the March Hare. The Best random scrub you'll ever met. :)

TL;DR: I like being able to 3 and 4 stock everyone in a room with any character. :)

Vts

Smash Champion
If anyone else wants to go to world magic day today let me know.

Here is the card you are looking for vts.

Ah yeah i need a play set

also arby been thinking of that crouch thing.

You can run up and get behind someone then pivot falcon nair so they can't grab you if you fail an l-cancel and force them to either roll,sit in place, or jump out of shield and it's a good bait for a grab if your fast enough

also you can do the running up jab cancels you run up and put the control stick in that spot and you can do ganon jab cancels frame perfect and samus jabs right out of your dashing to them.

Raven_Knight

Smash Rookie
You can 3 or 4 stock me with every character hare? News to me :bee:
But we had alot of fun tonight. My roommate said at the end that I had humbled him. But I was really nice to everyone and said that the people I played had a lot of potential. And a couple of them actually might be able to get good.

I'm hoping to infuse the people of OBU with the spirit of melee.
There was 4 people who actually kept on playing melee till 4 in the morning, 3 hours after Adam left, and this was in a room where the other tvs had open spots for Halo Reach, Halo 2, techin6, COD Black Ops, MARIO PARTY on N64. And they still kept playing melee
Arkadelphia might become bigger than little rock xD

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Ravenknight > TMH

Raven tries to improve, while TMH relies on the fact that he's playing sheik and let sheik carry him.

Who has more potential? This I am unsure of...push the envelope March Hare and impress me!

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
lol, the fact that I never play much sheik in anything but tourny should give you a hint that I don't actually want to play the character. Yes I do let the sheik I never practice with carry me. Good job to anyone who loses to it. I don't want to bring my fox to tourny until I start thinking with the creature.

Also peach is easier and more homo than sheik by about ten fold. My peach beats all rvn's secondaries without competition. Rvn's sheik....lol. Beats my marth and falcon I guess.

Also I left at 2 am. Not 1. And Ravn was not the one playing with the guys in the wee hours of the morning. He was playing Reach. Just keeping facts straight. :)

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Ah yeah i need a play set

also arby been thinking of that crouch thing.

You can run up and get behind someone then pivot falcon nair so they can't grab you if you fail an l-cancel and force them to either roll,sit in place, or jump out of shield and it's a good bait for a grab if your fast enough

also you can do the running up jab cancels you run up and put the control stick in that spot and you can do ganon jab cancels frame perfect and samus jabs right out of your dashing to them.
very good ideas

G. Vice

Smash Lord
very good ideas
You guys are so smart.

Also, I want to work on my captain falcon. I feel like if I got solid with him, that it would help my Ganon in some ways. So arby if we smash tonight, I'm gonna try to go all falcon, or at least mostly falcon.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Lol BULL ****
Just keeping the facts straight

Thanks g. vice for the continued support. You the Best :awesome:
Just calling it as I see it bro.

If I thought he was better I'd say it. No offense to either of you, much <33

I do look forward to playing you guys more. I wanna increase the depth of my game and maybe try to be like Arby and have 3 characters or so I can do things with. But I'll always have Ganon as my main.

Raven_Knight

Smash Rookie
Adam peach vs. my marth
I won the two out of three on dreamland, yoshi's, and kongo jungle
Adam whined so very tiredly I went back to do 3 out of 5
Adam proceeded to win on kongo and final d by pulling out 2 stich faces and a bomb
Well. I hope you are happy adam

Raven_Knight

Smash Rookie
Just calling it as I see it bro.

If I thought he was better I'd say it. No offense to either of you, much <33

I do look forward to playing you guys more. I wanna increase the depth of my game and maybe try to be like Arby and have 3 characters or so I can do things with. But I'll always have Ganon as my main.
Yeah i want to increase my expertise to more than peach xD
I'll keep on trying

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Yeah i want to increase my expertise to more than peach xD
I'll keep on trying
Who wins between you guys at this point can't really dictate who is the better player. Keep that in mind.

Arby beats me probably 3-1, but I don't think he's better than me. He's really good don't get me wrong. Especially vs Ganon, and vs G.Vice and I realize this. So in retrospect, when I do win, I feel quite accomplished to have overcame such difficult odds :)

see how you do vs me,arby and the oos. That's usually a good indicator. Ark will be a good proving grounds :D

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
Huh huh, so I called rvn out about saying he could beat my crappy peach with any of his secondaries. He thought he could take my peach with marth. I informed him grudge matches were out of 5. He banned brinstar. I banned nothing like a boss.

Won on dreamland. He took me to yoshi's story. Took him to kongo jungle. Took him to kongo jungle again. He took me to fd. He raged on that match cause he's such an angry little person.

Yah I know Vice. Other wise my defense would be irrefutable. But by your logic, I beat zinth. Who has Rvn won against? I'd say that you and arby can trash us both as easily as each other. Vts has more trouble against rvn just cause the peach on icies is almost unwinnable.

:troll:

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Huh huh, so I called rvn out about saying he could beat my crappy peach with any of his secondaries. He thought he could take my peach with marth. I informed him grudge matches were out of 5. He banned brinstar. I banned nothing like a boss.

Won on dreamland. He took me to yoshi's story. Took him to kongo jungle. Took him to kongo jungle again. He took me to fd. He raged on that match cause he's such an angry little person.

Yah I know Vice. Other wise my defense would be irrefutable. But by your logic, I beat zinth. Who has Rvn won against? I'd say that you and arby can trash us both as easily as each other. Vts has more trouble against rvn just cause the peach on icies is almost unwinnable.

:troll:
I will definitely be the first to admit that you over Zinth surprised the mess out of me. Also, it was a fluke sorry. He's better on average. But nevertheless props for beating him.

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
Honestly, I think it's one of the worst match ups in the game. She not only has the natural 60:40 (personally I feel it's 70:30 but hey I'll leave it to my betters to argue that) of just straight character matchup, she also has an almost unbeatable counter-pick of Brinstar or Kongo Jungle.

So not a fluke. Yes, I realize he's better than me, but I think I could do it again. :)

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
I never knew I could hate a class as much as ecology. Everything about science that I happen to hate. Not so much the material that's annoying but the Easy uber spammed reports. I've written 10 pages just today for it.

Top Bottom