• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States of America
Aight the first shot is taken, and it's you I'll be bakin'
as we listen so intently on da johns you'll be makin'
"Guess it's not a smash day, I just can't quite seem to play"
That's right yo' captain falcon, marth and fox are only set on display

Don't take no offense, man I really got no beef
After all I'm not the guy here that got whomped on by Peef.
Ev-en aside from smash, it seems you're still full of trash
I got more skills and manliness than in you in a single crotch rash

Just cause you get some games off you think you all in my head
But my friend just ask yo' sister how I do in her bed
With all the truth I've been spitting, I better give it a rest
I don't even need to cuss to own that fat barrel chest!

SON!
Cool Story Bro!

I win.

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
Arby getting hated on. Me mucho gusto. ;)

Why would you do that to yourself? You must have a severe case of yellow fever. It appears to be chronic, there's nothing we can do for you. :sadeyes:

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Arby getting hated on. Me mucho gusto. ;)

Why would you do that to yourself? You must have a severe case of yellow fever. It appears to be chronic, there's nothing we can do for you. :sadeyes:
It was just the best rhyme that carried the most derogatory connotation with it. I wouldn't really ever. I'm saving myself for marriage! :D

I just thought it flowed well/owned.

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
Arby has a sister? How old?

seriously though I wish I could go out there this weekend... but i'm in serious business land with jobs and all.

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
holy crap!?!? Arby is part asian too?

Arby, Rvn, and I should make an Asian club, and then not invite vice cause he's too white. :)

G. Vice

Smash Lord
holy crap!?!? Arby is part asian too?

Arby, Rvn, and I should make an Asian club, and then not invite vice cause he's too white. :)
I don't want to be asian. I wish I was completely white!!

But it hurts that you don't want me in the club. Maybe I'll just get ravenknight, arby, saberguy, chamberlin, seif, yoshiman, myself, VTS, and my roommate and we'll start a club called "People better than TMH at smash."

What now?!

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
A club named after me. I feel honored. :)

Still not invited to the asian club. We'll let you in after you lose the accent. xD

Vts

Smash Champion
Man i'm winning ark cus i'm putting everyone but me on one side of bracket :D

nah that wouldn't be fun.

God so busy until friday night lol,

So arby i'm going friday to get a haircut if you want to go get one with me

G. Vice

Smash Lord

Make it doable for me. And DON'T give me Chamberlin and Arby and Ace and Jack on my side. Gimme Kosmos if you want, I feel like it would be a doable challenge. And no one else is confident vs him.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman

I know it's a joke, but we definitely don't want any accusations of "rigging brackets." As always, we'll seed by location and then let you take a look so you can manually adjust things that the automatic seeding messed up. We're down for seeding by location and then skill to ensure that those who place highest deserve it most, but we can't allow random bracket changes just to benefit certain players.

That being said, I know you're just joking, but I'm just covering our *****. I want to make sure our tournament and our state are well respected within the region. Thanks for running the Melee tournament as always VTS. Your actions are always appreciated.

Raven_Knight

Smash Rookie
My goal for this tourny is to get better at the Marth on Peach by playing Zinth (or Dart if he shows which would be cool) and the Peach on Peach (by playing Kos-Mos; I think I will be able to get a game off him this time. My peach is getting less dumb... slowly)

Oh and my secondary goal is to get first place:awesome:

G. Vice

Smash Lord
My goal for this tourny is to get better at the Marth on Peach by playing Zinth (or Dart if he shows which would be cool) and the Peach on Peach (by playing Kos-Mos; I think I will be able to get a game off him this time. My peach is getting less dumb... slowly)

Oh and my secondary goal is to get first place:awesome:
If you can't get past me and my little ganon then you shouldn't worry about bigger fish like Dart and Kosmos.

Get at me son!!

Vts

Smash Champion
I know it's a joke, but we definitely don't want any accusations of "rigging brackets." As always, we'll seed by location and then let you take a look so you can manually adjust things that the automatic seeding messed up. We're down for seeding by location and then skill to ensure that those who place highest deserve it most, but we can't allow random bracket changes just to benefit certain players.

That being said, I know you're just joking, but I'm just covering our *****. I want to make sure our tournament and our state are well respected within the region. Thanks for running the Melee tournament as always VTS. Your actions are always appreciated.
I'll make it fair, if anything I try to put myself on the harder side to make others feel better that they don't have to face someone.

@arby, hey slowly writing the story for my game it's pretty bad right now but you want to help write it with me?

@anyone else, it will be a very slow project but will be sweet once done

G. Vice

Smash Lord
VTS will make sure everything is just and fair and that I have the hardest side of the bracket so he won't have to face me in tourney =p

he always comes through for me and I get chams/arby/jack all on my side. He da bess!

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
A story for Veets' game:

There was a little boy. This little boy did not have a mother or a father. They had died when he was very small. This little boy was psychotic. He had killed all 42 of the other little boys in THE ORPHANAGE.

1st Mission: Escape the Vengeful souls of all the little boys.

The Little Boy sees children playing on a playground. The psychotic little boy does not like seeing happy children.

2nd Mission: Kill everyone within 50 miles of the Orphanage.

The Dead have come back.

3rd Mission:Escape the Vengeful souls of all the people you just killed.

At end of 3rd Mission, Little Boy finds out he's been in a virtual reality.

4th Mission: Kill all the Scientists who had trapped you in there.

The Dead scientists have come back as zombies due to a mutant immortality drug they'd been working on. The Little Boy has also found out that his father is the head scientist of the research facility.

5th Mission: Kill all the Dead that have come back. Fight and Kill Mutant Immortal Father Figure Scientist as last boss.

Ending Schematic: The Lab suddenly starts blowing up due to a convenient self-destruct button that Father Figure pressed. The Little Boy escapes and finds himself climbing out of a manhole in the middle of a metropolis. He raises his blood stained hands and says, "These eyes can only cry."

Also zombies climb out of the manhole behind him.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
I'll make it fair, if anything I try to put myself on the harder side to make others feel better that they don't have to face someone.
Haha well you don't have to do that. As long as noone has a right to accuse us of anything shady, I'm cool. Just want to run a legit tournament where everyone's happy. Or if people want to complain, I don't want them to actually be RIGHT in their complaining lol. Can't wait to see you guys Saturday. Hope a lot of people come in for some great competition.

Raven_Knight

Smash Rookie
If you can't get past me and my little ganon then you shouldn't worry about bigger fish like Dart and Kosmos.

Get at me son!!
I'm COMING FOR YOU :awesome:
In all seriousness, I just want to get better at the match ups, and practice against good players in tourny's is the best way.
I have general trouble against all people who play peach or marth no matter their skill lvl. My 10 year old brother can take stock off me with marth :(. And Adam takes me down to 1 or 2 stock every game peach on peach (he even won a game when I was playing poorly 2 weeks ago), and all he does is running a's and dsmash

I really want to see you vs. Kosmos though.
That's if, of course, you get past me
;)

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
And Adam takes me down to 1 or 2 stock every game peach on peach (he even won a game when I was playing poorly 2 weeks ago), and all he does is running a's and dsmash
Won A game? How about 4. And my peach's existence is me mocking your peach. It exaggerates all I hate about your peach and throws it back at you. Ironic that you get owned by it.

Raven_Knight

Smash Rookie
Won four games?

That happened 2 weeks ago on one night when I was super tired. We have had many peach dittos since. You haven't won once

ANd you don't float cancel, you don't nair, you dsmash to edgeguard
Your peach is NOTHING like my peach. It is like your shiek though (your peach that is). Sucky as hell

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
huh, huh. My sheik, fox, marth, c. falcon, and ganon are all incomparably better than your bad peach. Which is why all of them go even or better against your peach. Except falcon I suppose. And your peach is exactly like my peach.

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
Lol funny that not only did you start this, but you were the one who started lying first, and you're the one raging right now. And now you're insulting me which I actually have yet to resort too.

Good job, ur a smart one.

Also going back and editing posts in an argument is really sad.

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
he originally had ****er spaced strangely to get by the censor. But I warned him that the moderators would probably view that as censor dodging.

I is such nice guy. :)

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Aight the first shot is taken, and it's you I'll be bakin'
as we listen so intently on da johns you'll be makin'
"Guess it's not a smash day, I just can't quite seem to play"
That's right yo' captain falcon, marth and fox are only set on display

Don't take no offense, man I really got no beef
After all I'm not the guy here that got whomped on by Peef.
Ev-en aside from smash, it seems you're still full of trash
I got more skills and manliness than you in a single crotch rash

Just cause you get some games off you think you all in my head
With all the truth I've been spitting, I better give it a rest
I don't even need to cuss to own that fat barrel chest!

SON!

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
Interesting that you still have the
"Last edited by Raven_Knight; Yesterday at 08:34 PM. " under your post. LOL

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Warrior_III

Bam Seif, released on the NES first. Chirp away little cricket!

I didn't realize how innovative it was. Also, you can't fault Dragon Quest too much for being a "bland" JRPG when it basically invented the genre.

"And Thus Into Legend" is a way better subtitle than the kiddy stuff Dragon Quest has tried to pass off since.

"A survey conducted by the magazine Famitsu in early 2006 among its readers placed Dragon Quest III as the third most favorite game of all time, being preceded by only Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy VII, and the best game on Famicom."

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States of America
*Playstation Pad Users: We encourage people to bring their own pads and converters for the 360 games. However, if you are unable to do so, we will have PS2 -> 360 converters (they also do PS2 -> PS3 and 360 -> PS3) available to buy at $10 or rent at $3 ($10 collateral required). These converters have not been thoroughly tested, so they are not guaranteed to be lagless. However, initial tests as well as anecdotes from Tech Talk and Youtube seem to suggest that they have no/low lag. Remember, bring your own PS2 controllers!
I'll just leave this here.

Cost:
$15 Entrance Fee. This covers the entire weekend. Included in the entrance fee are free pizza and drinks as well as unlimited casuals, thus it cannot be waived for spectators.
$5 Per Minor Tournament Pot Fee (3SO, BB:CS II, Mystery Game Tournament).
$10 Per Major Tournament Pot Fee (SSF4:AE, MvC3, Brawl, Melee, MK9).
$5 Per Person for each Team Tournament ($10 total per team for Smash; $15 for Marvel/AE).
$5 After-Party Entrance*
$1 Per Raffle Ticket - See Raffle Ticket section below

*There will be an after-party on Saturday night for those 21 and older. Admission will be $5 but we will bring the beer! Money matches, grudge matches, and team battles will be taking place all night and most/all of it will be streamed so don't get blown up!
And this.

Top Bottom