• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Chad mains Pika, but I've known him to play Fox, Falco, Link, Falcon, Jiggs, Marth, Luigi, Mario at reasonable frequencies.
Moogle mains Sheik but also plays pretty much all the high/top tiers.
Mslano usually goes with Ganon, Roy, and Falcon.
Between the three of them you could probably get any character at any time though. Most people who've played the game as long as us can at least sorta kinda play everyone to some degree.

j00t

Smash Champion
Chad mains Pika, but I've known him to play Fox, Falco, Link, Falcon, Jiggs, Marth, Luigi, Mario at reasonable frequencies.
Moogle mains Sheik but also plays pretty much all the high/top tiers.
Mslano usually goes with Ganon, Roy, and Falcon.
Between the three of them you could probably get any character at any time though. Most people who've played the game as long as us can at least sorta kinda play everyone to some degree.
I was about to go off and say that you forgot about me, but then I realized that you were only talking about the apartment peoples.

But I'll be there too, Falcon and GnW are my mains. I'll play other characters as well from time to time.

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States of America
I wasn't trying to be mean, I guess I just don't want someone who told me that they hate losing as much as you have to be disappointed. And no offense buddy, I don't think that playing and practicing tech skill in your room instead of playing against us is gonna make you so much better that you go from losing to the likes of myself, to beating Chad, IHSB, j00t, and Moogle... still though much <3 and have fun with it

and j00t don't hate me, I really was trying to protect him. I promise! ;-;
I understand your intentions, some people get better in different ways than others. In the bi-weekly videos that were posted anyone can see that my tech skill was completely off. I had all the right ideas, but at that time I was unable to aim. Also, I never had the thought that I would beat these guys by playing by myself. Trust me when I say, "I won't lose to you guys forever," because I will keep getting better. If I give myself the mindset of losing, then I will lose and feel bad about losing, but if I give myself the mindset of winning then I will know that I tried my best and it will only give me a reason to try harder.

Don't believe in yourself. Believe in me! Believe in me, who believes in you! WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM?!! Kick reason to the curb, and with this controller I shall pierce the heavens! :crazy:

Vts

Smash Champion
Ladies vs. Butlers ftw
dear god save me from the badness please.

i hear its pretty funny but wasn't what most people thought it was going to be.

btw yoshi don't feel bad when u lose to lower tier characters or people's other characters, i mean cmon even jack sometimes loses to low tier characters.

u should focus more on having fun then winning if you get mad easy.

thats how i'm approaching the game when i go to big tournaments or biweeklies against someone i know i'm going to lose to.

memk

Smash Cadet
NNID
memk1213
March 20-28th im gonna try to have a melee only day and just play melee the whole time if i can i will let you guys know bring your own food and drinks if you want to come since my mom will be at work.

The reason its those days is because i am on spring break.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
why is the thread falling no one is posting alot anymore
No, it's just not a super busy thread. And alot of our heavy posters are away for the weekend (VTS, Arbustos, Yoshiman, and myself)

Ace sadly never posts on here :(
Chamberlin rarely posts cause he's too busy stealin' the hearts of fair damsels..

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
well sry i didmt know about it till now
Nothing to apologize for. I was just being my usual charming self. ;)

On an interesting side note, I created the first post for that forum, when it came up in June 2009, where I complained about their rules for Brawl tourneys. I created a post soon after that about the necessity of a melee tournament too.

MCSR

Smash Apprentice
On a completely unrelated note that not many people will likely care about:
Shroomed is my main inspiration.
He's the most legit Doc i've seen.
EDIT:
I had one of my hockey friends over yesterday.
I tried to teach him how to play. after like 2 tutorial matches he was like "Alright, i can play this. bring it on!"
So i did, and i like 7% 4-stocked him. and he was like "This game is so gay, let's play halo"
I lol'd so hard.

memk

Smash Cadet
NNID
memk1213
Nothing to apologize for. I was just being my usual charming self. ;)

On an interesting side note, I created the first post for that forum, when it came up in June 2009, where I complained about their rules for Brawl tourneys. I created a post soon after that about the necessity of a melee tournament too.
Did you mean Gamecon if so i went to it im talking about something completely different this is the road to gamecon. Game con doesn't start till November

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
Did you mean Gamecon if so i went to it im talking about something completely different this is the road to gamecon. Game con doesn't start till November
I was talking about the site in and of itself, not any specific tourny. I assumed if you were keeping track of the site and its forum, you would know about the road to gamecon.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
on the way back from huntsville, shortly after daybreak, vts, yoshi, and i saw a huge migration of birds numbering in the tens of thousands. considering how tired we were, it was a truly surreal experience.

j00t

Smash Champion
I'm glad you guys made it back.

So what was your experiences playing with us? Hopefully G. Vice didn't ruin it for you >:[

Vts

Smash Champion
I'm glad you guys made it back.

So what was your experiences playing with us? Hopefully G. Vice didn't ruin it for you >:[
you know very disappointed in myself.

but was good to see you again and was fun playing you :).

hope to see you guys again soon

and maybe i can beat moogle's peach ><, sheik i started to figure out and started winning those but man peach is just a different story by far, but first got to beat Mslano's peach.

keep that beastly G&W up so hard to approach lol, and never gift up that falcon! its way to michael jackson with so many moonwalks.

chamberlin

Smash Ace
I was bored, so I made tier list. This is that tier list:

Top Tier

Falco
Puff
Fox
Shiek

High Tier

Peach
Marth
Captain Falcon
Samus
Ganondorf
Ice Climbers

Mid Tier

Dr. Mario
Donkey Kong
Luigi
Pikachu
Mario

Low Tier

Link
Mewtwo
Young Link
Zelda
Roy
Game and Watch
Bowser

Bottom Tier

Ness
Pichu
Yoshi
Kirby

j00t

Smash Champion
Puff above Fox? Peach above Marth? Samus above Ganondorf? wuuuuuuuuuuut

I'm not too sure about that good sir.

j00t

Smash Champion
But I have to... Peach above Marth is just mind-boggling. Besides you put Mewtwo above GnW and I just don't approve of that >:x

Raven_Knight

Smash Rookie
I've always felt that the ssbm was far too feminist. There are only 5 females in the game. Shiek, Peach, Puff, Samus and Zelda but those 5 are (with only one exception) at least pretty good. According to the tier list, 1 of them is at the level of extreme awesome, 2 are the level of incredibly awesome, and only one of them actually sucks (unfortunately, the suckiness of Zelda is counterbalanced by having the most awesome down b in the game).
Are the smash creators trying to tell us that if they had chosen as large of a sample size of female characters as they had of male that the females would have dominated the game completely?!?! God help us all if they had decided to put Caeda in ssbm. She would have been unstoppable.
And then there are the rankings of the evil characters of nintendo. They all SUCK! (with the exception of Ganon who still is only mid tier). They made the most powerful pokemon of all time a JOKE! The fire breathing monster who enjoys kidnapping princesses a MILLION times less powerful than the princess he kidnaps. (Ganondorf gets owned by kids all of the time in his own game so he deserves to be mid tier). If Black Shadow had been put on the tier list, he probably would be right next to the devolved form of PIKACHU! Are we supposed to believe that good always TRIUMPHS?!? That it is always easy to defeat the evil in the WORLD!!!!I demand not to be lied too!
(In case you couldn't tell, I'm bored as well).

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Samus above Ice Climbers, Ganon, and Doc? Hell no.
I think IC's are somewhat above Ganon. I don't see Doc doing just a whole lot these days personally, so I have no qualms with him dropping a little bit. Ganon has gone up undoubtedly, but when you consider the best of the best with Samus/Ganon respectively, you'll find roughly about the same results as far as skill with respective character will you not? Kage, Linguini, Rockcrock for Ganon; Hugs, IHSB, Alukard, DJ Nintendo for Samus. I don't think Ganon and Samus are too far off from each other on the tier list, but I'm pretty sure vs the SSBM cast on average, that Samus would be > than Ganon.

I think.

Top Bottom