• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
hey g.vice i'm having zinth send you housing information this evening :D
pass it on to the rest of the crew. can't wait to meet you guys, and you're all semi-close so we should start smashing more often ^.^

G. Vice

Smash Lord
hey g.vice i'm having zinth send you housing information this evening :D
pass it on to the rest of the crew. can't wait to meet you guys, and you're all semi-close so we should start smashing more often ^.^
Thanks buddy, you da man.

And yeah, weekend fests could definitely be a possibility if we get a good enough turnout.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
1. hbox
2. dr. pp
3. kage
4. mango (lost to kage twice, 2-0 and 2-1)
5. darc

lolwut

ganondorf is interrupting the falco/puff love train
Crap Kage's ganon is so good...makes me a jealous ganon.
Snaps @ PP taking 2nd, good stuff.

what tourney was this?

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Revival of Melee 2

m2k and shiz didn't come, but the results were way more interesting because of it

*pp beat lucky and jman, and mango 2-0 lucky, cactuar, and jman before losing to kage

**kage and tipman also did three or four consecutive mms, and tipman lost them all. i think he ended up taking one match overall (on mute city). those were highly entertaining dittos.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Crap Kage's ganon is so good...makes me a jealous ganon.
Snaps @ PP taking 2nd, good stuff.

what tourney was this?
Kage beat Mango in winners/losers.

Get wrecked.

PP was stacking it up. Barely lost to Hbox. =(

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
On a completely unrelated note, Metroid fans, check this out if you haven't already.

http://metroidmetal.bandcamp.com/

Freakin' sweet.
Yes..... Yes it is freakin' sweet.

Hay guys, my place is slowly coming together, and I want you all to visit as much as possible. I will try to do the same, especially in December if anyone is up for it.

I will post the address shortly so, be prepared. (lion king)

chamberlin

Smash Ace
I shot a documentary at HOBO 20 called Brawl 101, and in it I interviewed Arkansas's own Kirby--it's on Youtube now. Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Qi14i0nY_8
Kirby was my Brawl teammate during Genesis, and we did halfway decent. This was the brief period of time when I was retrying Brawl to see if it was still garbage compared to Melee.

Instead of playing Brawl, I found that you could better spend that time playing Melee, Blazblue, Melty Blood, an MMO, watching anime, exercising, gardening, astronomy, microscopy, blacksmithing, using the bathroom, or model trains.

j00t

Smash Champion
Kirby was my Brawl teammate during Genesis, and we did halfway decent. This was the brief period of time when I was retrying Brawl to see if it was still garbage compared to Melee.

Instead of playing Brawl, I found that you could better spend that time playing Melee, Blazblue, Melty Blood, an MMO, watching anime, exercising, gardening, astronomy, microscopy, blacksmithing, using the bathroom, or model trains.
lol get ****ed up Brawl

Vts

Smash Champion
astronomy
i do this all the time to see the stars in your eyes ;D

well moved back home and already it sucks lol.

just spent about 2h putting a desk together just to find out i have to sleep on a couch for like 2-3 more days while my bathroom/room gets done being painted.

other than that i could go for some smash this weekend.

or next o wait i hope i get that off ;).

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
i do this all the time to see the stars in your eyes ;D

well moved back home and already it sucks lol.

just spent about 2h putting a desk together just to find out i have to sleep on a couch for like 2-3 more days while my bathroom/room gets done being painted.

other than that i could go for some smash this weekend.

or next o wait i hope i get that off ;).
Warning construction won't be done till Saturday

Well then you should visit olde Iori at his pub Smashtastrope!!!!!!!!!

my address is 3368 winchester place E/ apartment #7.
It is in Cambridge court apartments. Right off of winchester and mill branch.
<3 one <3 all

G. Vice

Smash Lord
lol Clay XD

but all of that's truth...brawl is pretty dreadful.

And IORI!!! You have to come visit us alot ;-;

Tha_Shogun_12

Smash Journeyman
Brawl's not dreadful, I enjoy it alot.

Chamie you play Melty Cheese? I didn't think anyone in this part of the smash community played that.

I encourage all smashers to pick up Soul Calibur IV, BlazBlue, Street Fighter, or T6; too much Melee is bad for the follicles.

Also decided to bring my little nugget of joy to share:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRqGpDmutg4

Oh yea baby, you really do!

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
ARK and TENN, I have a question.

Who's the top ranked melee player in your area anyway?

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord

Chamie you play Melty Cheese? I didn't think anyone in this part of the smash community played that.

I encourage all smashers to pick up Soul Calibur IV, BlazBlue, Street Fighter, or T6; too much Melee is bad for the follicles.

Also decided to bring my little nugget of joy to share:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRqGpDmutg4

Oh yea baby, you really do!
XD I love you sho

double posta :laugh:

Oh and if you are not to busy, pick up capcom vs snk2 mark of the millennium 2001. It is the only fighter I play.

blue is boring, soul 2 was better, street is too slow, and I have nothing to say about T6. Last is brawl, but at least I still love anyone who doesn't play mk. Sorry guys wolf is just to awesome to be ignored.

chamberlin

Smash Ace

The only fighters I condone are Melee, SF: Third Strike, MvC2, Melty Blood, BlazBlue, and Guilty Gear. I'm willing to bet that a lot of the weeaboo fighters like Arcana Hearts are pretty good also, but I haven't seen much of them.

Almost all the Street Fighters are too slow as Iori said and Soul Caliber and Tekken are way to clunky. If everyone played like M2K, Brawl would be better. But, until that time, it's still trash.

@Mike G - Arkansas's trying to step up it's game, and would like to one day be eligable for such crew battles. But yeah, Iori's your man from TN. I'm not sure if Chad and Spaceballs count themselves as TN, but they're great players and just as good as Iori (although he will contest it lol)

j00t

Smash Champion
I hate to say this, but based on tournament performance alone, NES n00b is the best bet for crews from MS/TN.

If Iori mained Sheik then... yeah. If Chad mained Pikachu then... yeah... again. But sadly Mewtwo is baaaaaaaaaad and Pikachu is somewhat okay. Atleast Falcon is medicore :p

EDIT: Ohshi~ I forgot Chad started playing Fox again. Hmm...

SaberPrime

Smash Journeyman
I could be in the crew for pound, ill play my fox and get a kill or two with a gay shine. It never fails.

But seriously don't pick me, nowhere near good enough.

I've been playing a bit of MvC2, decided to pick up the MvC edition fightstick. Gotta say its really nice, thinking of getting Blazblue as well.

Vts

Smash Champion
I could be in the crew for pound, ill play my fox and get a kill or two with a gay shine. It never fails.

But seriously don't pick me, nowhere near good enough.

I've been playing a bit of MvC2, decided to pick up the MvC edition fightstick. Gotta say its really nice, thinking of getting Blazblue as well.
Do it! and me u and mike and play MvC2 also make sure it hooks up to pc.

might buy a laptop soon just for traveling but i hate laptops also.

hard to decide if i want portable fighters lol.

but think 3g should be enough but need to find a laptop with a decent graphics card lol.

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
I hate to say this, but based on tournament performance alone, NES n00b is the best bet for crews from MS/TN.

If Iori mained Sheik then... yeah. If Chad mained Pikachu then... yeah... again. But sadly Mewtwo is baaaaaaaaaad and Pikachu is somewhat okay. Atleast Falcon is medicore :p

EDIT: Ohshi~ I forgot Chad started playing Fox again. Hmm...
What, after all the times we played together. How are you just gonna dis me like that. Oh so now all the sudden my m2 is not good enough for you.

Also how did nes just make it to the top, after winning like one tourney. He is good but that is not fair.

@joot I hope you main a high tier :mad:

j00t

Smash Champion
What, after all the times we played together. How are you just gonna dis me like that. Oh so now all the sudden my m2 is not good enough for you.

Also how did nes just make it to the top, after winning like one tourney. He is good but that is not fair.

@joot I hope you main a high tier :mad:
How do you not know who I main after all this time?

What, after all the times we played together.

AR_Sam

Smash Rookie
yoshi if you live in fayetteville why haven't you played me in smash :/

and anyone who wants to get wrecked in actual fighting games come up to fayetteville and play me

G. Vice

Smash Lord
The only fighters I condone are Melee.
Right on my good man.

@Mike G - Arkansas's trying to step up it's game, and would like to one day be eligable for such crew battles. But yeah, Iori's your man from TN. I'm not sure if Chad and Spaceballs count themselves as TN, but they're great players and just as good as Iori (although he will contest it lol)
Agreed. Iori/NES/Chad/IHSB are gonna be your options. Although Chamberlin would be a good choice as well. His game's gotten alot better. But Arkansas is most def steppin' it up :D

Top Bottom