• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona Brawl Power Rankings and Brawl Social Thread (Updated: November 2013)

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
OMFG!!!!!!

So I just spoke with my mom about going to WHOBO 3...

She said I could go!!!!!!

I'm SOOOOO EFFING EXCITED!!!

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

:peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach:

This is super awesome and I can't wait to break out my Peach onto the national scene!!!

Seriously, this means so much to me and there is going to be a pretty big turnout.

Peach is going to be a new superstar in the Smash Bros. Brawl community!!

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

easy mac

Smash Apprentice
Everyone who was at deadlock, could you please let me know how I did since last time I was around, and what I need to do to improve?

Duff0

Smash Ace
You know what's going on, but you don't really "know" what's going on.

IDK if I've ever played you but I'm throw that out there, because thats why everyone here sucks

I feel like whenever I play someone good, we're actually playing the same game

When I play someone bad, it's like we're not even playing the same game

tw1n

Smash Champion
Yo Bryce!

It is memorial weekend k. Thursday through the Monday I believe. You can head here and leave whenever you want tho :) We are trying to get a good size group for the hiking part this year. Light is coming and Axe might too =)

Edit: Also PM me your number! Or is it still the same from last year?

easy mac

Smash Apprentice
Duffy you have never played me in the past or at deadlock. So I wasn't seeking your opinion. Especially since you think you're better than everyone else. And you edited your post so you probably had an offensive comment.

xxwolfwoodxx1

Smash Apprentice
it looks like I got a room for the people going with me, it's $10 a night for friday and saturday since we'll be sharing a room with 4 others, I'd recommend bringing a sleeping bag and a pillow since there is a chance that you might just have to sleep on the floor.

I think gas worked out to about $60 per person (although that could turn out being more or less) but dont quote me on it just yet.

tickest cost $45 if you register any time between now and the 1st of march $55 at the door

it looks like about $115 per person (not counting food)

for anyone who would like to go we have 2 seats left and our trip will take us through tuscon so we can pick up tuscon players probably. unfortunately we wont be staying for the sunday events unless there is some drastic change of plan

let me know of any questions so that I can get the answers ASAP

I'll let everyone know when it's a 100% certain thing

Jane

Smash Hero
i have spurts of ****-yness. what im working on currently is being able to control and intensify that ****. its mostly a mind thing i think. although occasionally i make ******** technical mistakes.

either way, im getting better

Duff0

Smash Ace
Duffy you have never played me in the past or at deadlock. So I wasn't seeking your opinion. Especially since you think you're better than everyone else. And you edited your post so you probably had an offensive comment.
**** you, then

dont even call me duffy, thats reserved for people who know me

and i didn't have an offensive comment, i edited to add more insight

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Yeah, easy mac. Wtf??? Duffy is a cool guy and you came off like a complete douche. What is it with Glendale being *******s??? Seriously

Gah777

Smash Lord
Thanks Duff, but I don't think we've played before and I would really appreciate comments from people I've played.
Here, lets just pretend this is what he meant to say and assume he was having a bad day.

JustinKamikaze

Smash Ace
No easy mac should take advice from people that are better than him, even if he didn't play them. Only people worth asking for advice from should be Chris, Kira, Duff, Jard, and Kyle.

Gah777

Smash Lord
No easy mac should take advice from people that are better than him, even if he didn't play them. Only people worth asking for advice from should be Chris, Kira, Duff, Jard, and Kyle.
Chris's advise: Don't do that, do this. Then I'll take advantage and punish.

Kira's advice: Uh... (keeps playing)

Kyle's advice: Play Peach, OMG <3

Jard's advice: Do this crazy advanced technique that I learned in like 3 seconds.

Duff's advice: Don't play MK. He's gay.

lol

Duff0

Smash Ace
Chris's advise: Don't do that, do this. Then I'll take advantage and punish.

Kira's advice: Uh... (keeps playing)

Kyle's advice: Play Peach, OMG <3

Jard's advice: Do this crazy advanced technique that I learned in like 3 seconds.

Duff's advice: Don't play MK. He's gay.

lol
Pretty good haha

Except I do offer good info when people ask IRL

Tokyoinamerica

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tokyodown
i have spurts of ****-yness. what im working on currently is being able to control and intensify that ****. its mostly a mind thing i think. although occasionally i make ******** technical mistakes.

Please tell me your talking about smash.

easy mac

Smash Apprentice
lol Gah that was the most true post I have ever seen XD The one about advise I mean. And to a point your first post. I just don't see a point in having him give me advice if we never played. And Speed is on your level and gives actual advice. Among others. And duffy the extent of your insight is generally 4 words and a period. You giving me advice is like tkd talking to you. There is no point in him telling you to get better if he has never seen you play and doesn't know what you need help with. I wasn't trying to come off as a douche, just don't need useless advice. When you play me (and beat me inevitably) then tell me how to improve. Don't base your general formula of advice on how you think everyone in the community is, but rather on the specifics of each individual to create a stronger brawl community that grows exponentially.

xxwolfwoodxx1

Smash Apprentice
actually kira's advice is more like this: do random shit, then you wont get predicted XD

no silly, im talking about ****! :>
how do you make technical mistakes during ****? XD

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Speed is NOT on my level

FOR REAL!! Wtf is up with people these days?? </3

<3 you Justin!! Can't wait to see you next month at WHOBO 3!!

My mom has bought my round trip airline ticket!! I just need to find housing and a ride to and from the airport.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

HYPE!!!!!!

SO MUCH HYPE!!

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

PEACH IS #1!!!!

Duff0

Smash Ace
lol Gah that was the most true post I have ever seen XD The one about advise I mean. And to a point your first post. I just don't see a point in having him give me advice if we never played. And Speed is on your level and gives actual advice. Among others. And duffy the extent of your insight is generally 4 words and a period. You giving me advice is like tkd talking to you. There is no point in him telling you to get better if he has never seen you play and doesn't know what you need help with. I wasn't trying to come off as a douche, just don't need useless advice. When you play me (and beat me inevitably) then tell me how to improve. Don't base your general formula of advice on how you think everyone in the community is, but rather on the specifics of each individual to create a stronger brawl community that grows exponentially.
For one, I've never met you. My advice is legit.

2, Speed is not on my level.

3 every time me and TKD talk he gives me really helpful general advice, so idk what you were trying to do there

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
There is no point in him telling you to get better if he has never seen you play and doesn't know what you need help with. I wasn't trying to come off as a douche, just don't need useless advice.
Seeing as how you would both be talking about the same game, there are fundamentals that someone giving you advice would need be sure that you understand before getting more surgical.
If you were to recieve advice on particulars in your gameplay immediately, they wouldn't be sure that you understand why the things you're doing are wrong, which would be more beneficial to your growth.

Gah777

Smash Lord
^Speaking from experience lol

Oh Kira, would it be alright if every Thursday/Friday (starting next week until WHOBO 3) I came over and spent the night? I could really use the Smash practice if you Chris and Bryce are willing to help me out.

Gah777

Smash Lord
Well, there's a couple of issues with that:

1. Is there room?

2. Do I have to pay rent?

3. Can I find another job in the area?

Because right now I have a free room and a job. Also, it's kinda dirty there, so if I moved in there are a few changes I would (at least try to) make.

Gah777

Smash Lord
Goddamit Jar'd. You are facetious, but the internet makes it seem like you're completely serious. I should have known better, silly me.

Top Bottom