• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona Brawl Power Rankings and Brawl Social Thread (Updated: November 2013)

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
So this weekend I got 1st place in yet another anime convention Brawl tournament. This one only had 13 people enter, haha.

v Haha, I stopped scrolling up once the whole image was in view, so I never actually saw who posted that message, but assumed Kira did only because this is the AZ thread. Pretty ironic that an out-of-state player pointed that out for me, lol. ^_^

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
My prize for this weekend's anime convention tourney was a sexy green curvaceous translucent...frisbee. Well, since I don't ever play with frisbees, I'm just gonna consider it a trophy, haha.

For the convention tourney I won two weeks ago, I got a really fancy certificate that a tourney director and I signed our names on. ^_^

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
of course this thread is dying. The PR hasn't been updated in a while, and all I do in this thread is spam my censor dodging shenanigans.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I don't have a completely good reason right now lol. I'll have one later. Probably. Depends on how I feel after work today.

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
Condensing the amount of people in the Power Rankings would only discourage the community from growing. One of the biggest motivations for new people to attend tournies is to get onto that list, but making it so they have to become Top 5 material in order to get recognized would probably turn some people away, because to them it seems like a highly unrealistic endeavor. And seeing that two or three people in the top 5 will always be there, having PR limited to five people is not exactly gonna be an exciting list to keep an eye on.

I definitely agree with Tommy in that the PR should be updated more frequently, as it would make the community feel more active, even if it really isn't. Also, the re-inception of Challengers Approaching would be nice, as it gives the people who aren't as good something realistic to work toward.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
yeah I agree with Rave it needs to be a Top 10, or I won't give a fuck about this game again.

And I think putting challengers approaching again would be good. It doesn't even need to be as well decided as the Top 10, just people who the PR feel deserve a mention.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
you guys still could have updated though. just looking at the list in the OP (which doesn't have all 10 spots filled to begin with) there are 3 or 4 names that should be off of there. you guys (the panelists) were just lazy pieces of shit about it this time.

k9.

Smash Ace
Yea rave is right

Mind over matter Money over all

The world is on my shoulders should i dust my Shoulders off?

wayne haha

Top Bottom