• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona Brawl Power Rankings and Brawl Social Thread (Updated: November 2013)

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
Damn thinking of giving up brawl random slips is getting on my nerves -_- cant we take it off? How can we have competitive brawl with ****ing slips on! Annoying

:phone:

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
lol random tripping is ********. play peach and you'll be floating more and not slipping on the ground as much xD

:peach: > every character

Saffy

Smash Ace
lol random tripping is ********. play peach and you'll be floating more and not slipping on the ground as much xD

:peach: > every character
^ This .

Literally I never trip with Peach.. except in the doubles grand final match while Kira was spamming arrows like a *****.

Wait so we aren't allowed to take tripping off in tournament? :/

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
Ominous, could you let me know what Final Fantasy character you want? I'm almost done with the PR image and want to post it as soon as I can. :3

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
Let me see that damn PR image, really excited to see what you've come up with this time Grandpa Rave.

That, and it'll be the start of an Ike's face being on AZ's PR. <3

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Tifa was my favorite video game character until Melee came out. She's a super close second to Peach. Although, I did fall in love with Peach when I was like four years old when she could float in Super Mario 2.

I love them both and can't wait to see my Queen Divas at the top of the throne!

:peach:

:tifa:

:phone:

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
So for those of you who are interested in PS All-Stars Battle Royale
I'm at Comic-Con San Diego this weekend and they had a playable demo on the floor. Gave it a few rounds. Won some, lost some. It's fun. I enjoy that sony is shameless enough to adonpt the tilt system smash created, and there are more basic attack buttons than smash, as well as directional grabs.
Problem is, the kill system of essentially building meter and hitting your opponents with it the most takes a lot of the tension away from winning since, with no health, and no "percentge", there's really not much variance in how you approach your opponent throughout a match.
I mean I'll be honest, it's still fun as **** to play with 4 people, but a smash clone it is not

heysuess

Smash Cadet
Yeah man it'd be awesome to go. Meet new people and check out the scene. Plus if you place you get some prizes and it's all free. Can't beat that.

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
I was out of the state with no computer. I get on here fairly often though if I can.

I've never really played any final fantasy...so put me as whatever.

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
FRIKKIN' SWEET! Am I the only villain on there? What a bunch of goody-goodies.

Man, 5000 experience points? I must have gotten the finishing blow in the previous battle. Kefka is a baws!

k9.

Smash Ace
wow kyle gets all that fame **** that.

Edit: yoshiken used luigi to get on the PR, so why is he luigi not on there for him? Also yoshiken is a RTRN pr member.

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
Lilty <3 this is amazing i love it i just dont like the gap in honorable mentions hahahaha

also rave can you link me the lilty picture you used or send me it i would like to rep that on my avatar for awhile <3

that is true isnt kurtis a return? if 5000 exp show on his then should 1000 show on anjila? the ones with the exp are the ones that have stayed on the pr and moved up or down

hmmmm but kurtis did go from HM to where he is now so this could make sense

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
@Shawn I have actually seen some PRs have a +(number) to indicate that someone moved from HMs -> PR. It's technically the most accurate way to track movement on the PR. On that note, I'm gonna add a +3000EXP next to my name.

Also, while Kurtis did use Luigi, he said he didn't really care about having him on his character list. Besides, if he's aiming for Top 5 Yoshi, listing Yoshi as his only character will make him seem like a more legitimate candidate for it, as that insinuates he used only Yoshi to get to where he is.

@Rob The extra slot in the HM row is another good way to distinguish the HM row from the PR row, so I kinda want to leave it that way.

Oh, and here's your freaking Lilty Rob <3

k9.

Smash Ace
Yea well in that case i don't want MK by my name because i only used him a couple of times.

There were a few tourneys i seen Kurtis use luigi to win, like when you beat his yoshi and he switched to luigi for the whole set, that changes a lot. He could have been out of the tourney right then and there and his PR spot would not be the same.

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
if someone wants to aim for a top 5 spot for a certain character their best shot at it would be to use only that character haha i would assume. thats lame to use other characters to get there. but i love to use multiple characters in a tournament to show i can play more than just 1 <3 its just the users decision

thanks for the pic <3

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
Yea well in that case i don't want MK by my name because i only used him a couple of times.

There were a few tourneys i seen Kurtis use luigi to win, like when you beat his yoshi and he switched to luigi for the whole set, that changes a lot. He could have been out of the tourney right then and there and his PR spot would not be the same.
I'm sure you could argue the same that your MK was essential in helping you get your PR spot, although I know you use your MK a whole lot more than he uses his Luigi. Regardless, I'm gonna leave Luigi off Kurtis' list since he only uses it to counter 1 character, which isn't a huge deal, and because he personally requested it. For your MK, however, I'll leave it up to you whether you want me to list it, but I'd much rather mention it since (I believe) you use him to counter multiple characters.

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
The stream still isn't up yet. :( But yeah I can't wait to see how Kira does, that tourney is mad stacked. Poor guy though, pretty much every good Toon Link player is there, haha (he says that's his hardest matchup).

k9.

Smash Ace
i only use him for fun actually last tourney did i only pulled MK once and that was to see how i would do against Kyle. I use MK for fun really. I don't use him to counter anyone, who do i need to counter?

Only time is if there is a IC or Pika i will actually counter someone with. Even if he used luigi to get there he did use luigi it very stupid to think he would be number 6 without luigi.

Top Bottom