• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona Brawl Power Rankings and Brawl Social Thread (Updated: November 2013)

Bazooka Joe

Smash Apprentice
Sorry, but being the new guy, I didn't know. ^^"

Unless if an emergency happens or heavy traffic, maybe there should be a penalty to where you are not allowed to compete if you arrive late. It could enforce times a little more, but people with out of city/state/country could be cut a little slack.

@GV7: That could make more sense, like a $3-$5 penalty for showing up late might persuade people better to arrive on time.

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
hmmm i would rather have a entry fee penalty instead of not letting people play :p maybe an extra few bucks hahahaha.

i wouldnt allow letting people not participate.

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
Overall some rule needs to be enforced. I don't mean to sound harsh but I'm pretty tired of starting Singles 4-5 hours later than they were scheduled.

Is there anything the T.Os can do to start changing this? Because what we're doing right now isn't working.

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
All I know is that because of Angela working, there is never any way for me to get to the venue before 3:30, unless someone picks me up.

Also, I work Friday nights/Saturday mornings from 7:30 P.M.-4:00 A.M., so I don't even wake up on Saturdays until like 1:00 P.M. lol.

Even with me being supposedly late though, we still don't usually start tournaments until like 5:00-6:00, which is ridiculous. I do agree that we need to start earlier, if only by a bit.

ALSO, I just wanted to point out that I had the highest movement upwards on the PR list this season. Get on my level of improvement scrubs.

Also also, Angela told me she sent you a message Rave, but just to be sure, I want my FF character changed to Kefka! He is the tightest villain.

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
I have no problem with us waiting on you or someone else to show up Kurtis, I just think we should stop getting side-tracked to no apparent reason afterwards.

Like the last tourney for example, everyone was present and ready to go yet things still dragged on.

Grats on the PR movement by the way.

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
yeah i understand we need to really start things faster, to get things going faster we are going to start sign ups for all events at the beginning and once side event starts we will do pool seating for singles. also we are going to start side event one hour earlier cause it always seems that we need an extra hour everytime because singles starting at 4 exactly is essential.

Saffy

Smash Ace
You should atleast enforce some sort of penalty on people who are late, You aren't there to cater to everyone's times and needs, you are there to get your **** done and get out of there in a timely manner. I honestly feel really bad for Tucson too because they have to drive back at 2 am or whatever. If you allow people to keep showing up late/entering, they will keep doing it. =[

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Don't do a side-event before singles. Don't even consider holding a side event until singles are done and you look at the clock and figure people are still willing and able to stay.
I know we'd like to say "But if singles can start by 4, it doesn't matter what we fill the time with between doubles and singles."
But we won't start at 4, will we...

k9.

Smash Ace
The summer is almost over there is no time for breaks, the tourney will be next week lol.

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
I don't get off of work til 5PM on the 21st, so the earliest I could make it (assuming we hold it at UAT) is 630. Just give me 3rd seed in bracket and I'll be happy, haha.

Kevin, could you update the Original Post and remove the part where it says that a currently-PR-ranked player can be on the PR if they attend only one tourney? It's now mandatory that any player attends at least 2 tournaments to be eligible.

k9.

Smash Ace
Dam derp it is so gay that i don't get to see you anymore. You have to make it out to the next one.

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
Is there going to be enough room for me to join the carpool to New Mexico August 4-5th? I'm pretty sure I can get the days off and I really need to start going OoS again, haven't gone since Genesis 2.

If there is room, how much money is needed for the trip?

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
psh i wouldnt drive there that **** looks crazy! took me 8 hours to get here from cali and i didnt like it. im will to go and provide my driving skills as a carpooler :D

Jane

Smash Hero
looking at the square that makes up the arizona-new mexico relationship (flagstaff, albq, las cruces, tucson, phoenix), i think it would be really really awesome and fun to drive straight through in the middle from phoenix to albuquerque, rather than going around. like it would be slower, probably hours slower, but oh so scenic and beautiful.

reference: https://maps.google.com/?ll=33.8384...,8.453979&hnear=Tucson,+Pima,+Arizona&t=m&z=8

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Dam derp it is so gay that i don't get to see you anymore. You have to make it out to the next one.
well ****, a break between seasons and two weeks notice wouldn't hurt :/

is your little brother still coming to tournaments?

Top Bottom