• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona Brawl Power Rankings and Brawl Social Thread (Updated: November 2013)

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
Alright guys, here's the official Arizona Brawl Power Rankings for Season 9! Congrats to everyone who made it!!

1. Silly Kyle :peach: +3
2. KiraFlax :pit:/:rob: =
3. K9 :falco:/:metaknight: =
4. Stevo :mario2:/:dk2: +2
5. Yummy :snake:/:kirby2: =
6. Yoshiken :yoshi2:/:luigi2: +5
7. GV7 :rob:/:lucas:/:gw: +1
8. RaveRemix :toonlink:/:sheik: NEW
9. Aaven :ike: NEW
10. Anjila :lucario: RTRN

Honorable Mentions:
SmileyFace :gw:/:peach: RTRN
SS :luigi2:/:fox: NEW
Nazo :sonic: NEW
Ominous :gw: RTRN
Saffy :peach:/:popo: NEW

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
^

Haha jk, my Toon Link is leveling up fast so I think I should be able to handle your Rob's shenanigans soon. After all, I have to be able to beat you if I'm gonna reach my goal of getting 5th next season. :)

Saffy

Smash Ace
^ DANG COCKY... ;P
@ ROB btw not you rave.

Seriously GJ to everyone who made it on the PR <3.. Peach is top tier *****s! I'm honestly surprised I'm even on there with as little as I go.. Well since I can't attend Tucson tournaments.

I guess my goal now is to actually get on the PR and to place top 7 at the next tourney. All I have been doing the past day is learning to hobble well with heavy set characters.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
Guess there was only room for three GnW's. I'm coming for you guys. But I'm the saltiest I've been right now, which is good. Gives me inspiration to come and bring it harder than I ever have before. That game against Stevo was no fluke (except for the trip at the end :awesome:) and I am not going to accept defeat for long.

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
I'm so proud of many of the players in this scene. There have been DRAMATIC increases in players' skill level, including people who didn't even make it onto the PR/HMs. People who I used to 3-stock/2-stock constantly are now able to take me to the last stock, and some people even take a game off me (Relic :)). Not to mention, we have a slew of new, amazing talent, such as SS and Nazo (I REALLY can't wait to see what upsets a 13-year-old and a Sonic will be able to pull off, haha).

I'm also really happy about the intense rivalry between K9, Silly Kyle, and KiraFlax; it makes Losers Finals/Grand Finals really exciting to watch. :) Ultimately, I can't wait to see what happens this next season- almost no one's spot is safe and we're gonna be seeing upsets left and right.

And to those who didn't make HMs, know that the decision was a hard one. If we weren't so against having an extremely large HM list, we probably would've extended it to 8 HMs to account for all the people who did some amazing things this season. :)

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
Me and Panda are going to keep improving side by side. Panda's win on Smiley just proves his improvement. We are going to make that PR together someday. Everyone will be falling for his Diddy. (groan)

Saffy

Smash Ace
Panda's diddy REALLY jumped in skill, I was so surprised by him. Last tournament I could 2-3 stock him, and this time it was neck and neck literally last hit every game. I think he will be a tough one with more practice.
Also Meowk I really want to play your G&W ;=; Next time we should.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
Just find me, I never remember to fight anyone until I'm in the car leaving. :awesome:

It's really cool to see him getting better, he's like my student :3

sadpanda811

Smash Cadet
side by side we will march onto the pr and take our spots with pride :) (eventually) and saffy thanks im just trying to make it onto that pr board at first i never thought i had a shot to get onto it but now i hope i do with MeowK

Fludd

Smash Rookie
Someone should have a smash fest im tryna play, but sadly I do not own the game let alone a wii :(

Saffy

Smash Ace
Rave do you have an idea when the next tempe tourney will be?

Also I was thinking of hosting a brawl tourney around in Gilbert. Just looking for a cheap venue. There is a library near my house that offers it but it's like 65$ an hour which is freakin crazy.
I wish we could afford to do tournaments every 2 weeks instead of every month :( feels like a long wait.

Fludd

Smash Rookie
Rave do you have an idea when the next tempe tourney will be?

Also I was thinking of hosting a brawl tourney around in Gilbert. Just looking for a cheap venue. There is a library near my house that offers it but it's like 65$ an hour which is freakin crazy.
I wish we could afford to do tournaments every 2 weeks instead of every month :( feels like a long wait.
I agree ^ it does suck.

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
I could have sworn that we used to have a tourney every two weeks before, this season seemed like it had a lot longer intervals in-between tournaments.

Of course, I could just be making it up in my mind, just seemed that way.

k9.

Smash Ace
Yea this season needs to be smoother (Tuscon being on point with there tourneys) and faster (Tourneys happening every two weeks no matter what).
All the other states do bye weeklies we should also.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
I don't really know what the tendency is in Phoenix, but I think one of the major problems we had this season with Tucson hosting was that we're always trying to cater to Melee at the same time.
That may ultimately not matter but it just seems to me like Tucson falls through more often than it should, and I can't think of any other major difference.

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
im not going to be going to every tucson tourney, i would love to, but i just cant keep carpooling there all the time. with the AZ scene we all need to work on getting some more carpools going hahahahaha

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
how do you think tucson feels :/

although I am super happy that airforce tucson is also capable of driving up there. Used to be if Kyle's not going, no one is lol

Blood Falcon11

Smash Apprentice
I don't really know what the tendency is in Phoenix, but I think one of the major problems we had this season with Tucson hosting was that we're always trying to cater to Melee at the same time.
That may ultimately not matter but it just seems to me like Tucson falls through more often than it should, and I can't think of any other major difference.
It's definitely not the fact that it was less organized and less planned out. >_>

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
I just put whatever seems interesting to stare at at the time, I get bored of things quickly and prefer to change often. Just a habit of mine.

Blood Falcon11

Smash Apprentice
There was only one tournament that I can think of (University of Advancing our Smash Skills) that both were held at. Deciding dates of tournaments doesn't have anything to do with melee, this season did poorly because of lack of planning and all of the regionals. With the regionals, it made it so we saw less AZ VS AZ and more AZ VS Oos or Oos VS Oos.

EDIT:
The season before the one that just finished were all local tournaments with no (maybe an exception or tow I missed) out of state players. This season had 3/8 of its tournaments being being out of state.

Fludd

Smash Rookie
There was only one tournament that I can think of (University of Advancing our Smash Skills) that both were held at. Deciding dates of tournaments doesn't have anything to do with melee, this season did poorly because of lack of planning and all of the regionals. With the regionals, it made it so we saw less AZ VS AZ and more AZ VS Oos or Oos VS Oos.
So zee final solution is..................... Plan *****s plan!

Blood Falcon11

Smash Apprentice
No, it was the one at UAT, I think it was the first time we had a tournament there. You know, the one where almost all of the people who entered melee also entered Brawl to support it?

Bazooka Joe

Smash Apprentice
I honestly think maybe the time intervals either could be more strict or less time between. We started at 12, but didn't get to singles til' around 7pm. We could possibly start friendlies at 1pm, singles at 3:00, then doubles at 4:30-5pm.

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
^^^^^^^

of course we've been trying to start earlier but people are always late on getting to the venue on time. i was there before 11am and waited til little after 12 for people to start coming. this isnt new to us hahahaha. also we started doubles first because singles is more important and some people couldnt make it til after 4pm with work and other things

also after pool it forever for us to start singles brackets -_-

Top Bottom