• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona Brawl Power Rankings and Brawl Social Thread (Updated: November 2013)

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
Curtis, are you going to the tourney next week?
I wish :(. That is the weekend right in the middle of finals. If it was just one week later, then I would definitely go, no doubt about it. There is no possible way I can go to the tourney if it stays on the next weekend.

Also, Angela entered the tournament but she just barely lost her place in pools.

grapekiwi

Smash Rookie
^ Yeah, she's really interesting, nice to "play as" as well.

I might just alternate ZSS and Ike, but use her in the more serious matches since she has a badass MU spread.
After my first day back to all is brawl,
changed my main from Ike to Wolf. :'(

Saffy

Smash Ace
Later mjg was nice hanging out with a celeb :p hope your flight goes well and you can get some sleep

:phone:
GAMBINO.

and Thank you Rob(ert) again D: I'm getting the $125 out today... and I'll see if I can get it to you ASAP. Which part of AZ do you live in?, I'll see if I am going to be heading out that way w/ my parents so I can give you it. If not and you have a better idea let me know. I want to get this to you as soon as I can. I am trusting you will give Rave his $50 too lol. I hope you guys like the pillows/ and mini squirtle I gave you. :o Those are worth around $90 all together, about $30 each.

And apparently I can have 1 person over at a time or 2 maybe. Parents are being more considerate about it after me talking to them about it. I think they just have a grudge with Shawn and Kevin lol.. Since they liked MJG. >.> I believe it's because they stayed 48 mins AFTER my parents said to leave. So I don't think Kevin and Shawn can return because of it. Yes my parents are still racist.

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
np saffy i wasnt mad or anything when i was picking him up from your place just didnt get alot of sleep yesterday.

i live in west phoenix near the airport. idk if thats where you will be heading.

thank you for the pillow and small squirtle i will take care of them

new episode of Naruto SD: Rock Lee no Seishun Full-Power Ninden
http://www.gogoanime.com/narutosd-rock-lee-no-seishun-full-power-ninden-episode-3

Saffy

Smash Ace
np saffy i wasnt mad or anything when i was picking him up from your place just didnt get alot of sleep yesterday.

i live in west phoenix near the airport. idk if thats where you will be heading.

thank you for the pillow and small squirtle i will take care of them

new episode of Naruto SD: Rock Lee no Seishun Full-Power Ninden
http://www.gogoanime.com/narutosd-rock-lee-no-seishun-full-power-ninden-episode-3

Okay I wasn't sure since you didn't say much D:. I feel really bad regardless. Hope you catch up on your sleep and glad you like the squirtles, they are sooo adorable :D.
And hmm I will see if Im going out there. If Rave hosts a smashfest again and you go I can get you the money as well. :o

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
I am trusting you will give Rave his $50 too lol. I hope you guys like the pillows/ and mini squirtle I gave you. :o Those are worth around $90 all together, about $30 each.
Haha, Rob is pretty much my best friend in AZ, so I doubt he would, ahem, Rob me out of any money. And thank you for the Charizard pillow, it's probably one of the coolest things I own now! :D

And apparently I can have 1 person over at a time or 2 maybe.
If only your parents knew that Mario Party requires three other people for maximum fun. :o

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
Seems like most top players are never on time. Hell, even M2K visited Arizona and made Rob late.

The moral of this story: If you want to be the best, don't be so punctual, or be GOYF.

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
I had to call Robert *Rob* for the brilliant pun I used in my previous message. Although, because you are the only Smasher I know who enjoys K-Pop music as much or more than I do, you still have a special place in my heart.

@Aaven Goyf can do no wrong, can he? <3

Jane

Smash Hero
"The only thing that has irk'd me so far is the whole "learn the match-up" thing. I can honestly say I have devoted more time to studying and practicing mk than I have the rest of the cast combined. I would argue being one of the more knowledgeable people from the Olimar side of the match-up; however, I'm pretty sure Rich and Dabuz still out perform me vs mk results wise. Despite this, I find I have been able to continuously help them with strategy, gimmicks, game-mechanic abuse etc and tell them with things they didn't know about the match-up since MLG kicked off in 2010. Before this summer I had even designed/made several technical advancements for Olimar, many of which are rarely applicable outside the mk match-up, for the sole purpose of being able to place higher than second. At the end of the day though... after 3 years of competitive play... no matter how much I studied (videos/blogs/frame data etc), no matter the diversity or consistency of 'good' mks I practiced with, no matter how much advice I got from the mks I lost to (or beat) or other top level Olimars, no matter what breakthroughs I made in the smashlab or ATs I invented or gimmicks I produced, no matter how many hours I sat here in my apartment with m2k practicing while he feed me advice... roughly 80-85% of my tournament losses have been to mk (I've kept stats/records).

It's w/e though, I just need learn the match-up.
"

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13457360&postcount=2936

:troll:

lusiris

Smash Apprentice
Having the URC banned doesn't guarantee that Mk will be legal. It has always been up to the TO's discretion but there has been the threat of losing attendance by not conforming to the unity ruleset or whatever ruleset was deemed acceptable at the time. The URC made it easier for a TO to organize a tournament and just use the standards already deemed acceptable. So what I am saying is that most of the big events will probably be voted upon to keep MK legal. Now the question that is to be asked is will all events be treated fairly now because when the Unity ruleset was still in effect those events that followed it received more attention.

Saffy

Smash Ace
We should do a mk banned tournament just to see how results would be different here.

I think K9 and Kira would get top 2...

lusiris

Smash Apprentice
We should do a mk banned tournament just to see how results would be different here.

I think K9 and Kira would get top 2...
See the thing with our scene is we have only two mk mains and that is dark shifter and chris. We have a few players with pocket MK's but it is not a significant enoguh difference to change anything. So banning MK would not really impact our results too much. That was the main reason we switched to the japanese ruleset.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
"events following Unity receiving more attention" was something that the URC kinda forced on people. Although in the end the TO makes the decision on what Ruleset is used, Non-Unity tournaments were not allowed to be stickied (this was changed, but only as recently as about 2 months ago, if anyone remembers how we were trying to get NYTE stickied for a while.) Plus, Non-Unity tournaments didn't have their data contributed toward the National Player Rankings (if I remember correctly)

If anything, now events are being treated fairly, like the were pre-Unity. The Rulesets are going to vary by region, but I think we'll see the unity ruleset fizzle out.

lusiris

Smash Apprentice
So URC being disbanded seems to be a good thing. Now if people have a problem with how brawl is run then truly they can only blame themselves and not the ruleset. The only thing to be seen is if this will impact the organization of future big events and how it will impact the brawl community altogether.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I know there are some people who want to make some small modifications to our Japanese Ruleset though, just bringing the timer back down to 8min, and possibly making a change to the CP System to allow the banning of a neutral. I do have an idea for the CP System, it's really quite simple, but I need to talk to some people about it first.

Personally, I think we should consider bringing the timer to 8min, just because I record like, five different 7/8min+ matches of Kyle vs Kira on Smashville, EVERY tourney. -_-.
j/k.
but, seriously, it's a lot of recording.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
I don't think we should allow the banning of neutrals. They're called neutrals because there shouldn't be any real reason for banning them. And always having FD as an option was one of those arguments that helped persuade people that a particular ruleset doesn't cater to MK

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Does anyone here have Xenoblade? Or pretty much any recent Nintendo games that they haven't registered online? And, if so, think you could give me the registration code? I'd appreciate it greatly. :) Going for four years of Club Nintendo Platinum.

Top Bottom