• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona Brawl Power Rankings and Brawl Social Thread (Updated: November 2013)

FoxFireMage

Smash Apprentice
LOL at saying smokers take 1 hour for their breaks, and during bracket too. we leave before pools begins, and if it's during bracket it's before or sometime during Kyle's semi's/finals matches/after the scrubs have been eliminated so by then I'm not holding up their matches. Plus we get clearance from the person running pools/bracket every time we do smoke, and they let us know if it's an alright. time to go or not. Smokers aren't a part of the problem, really.
I just had to butt in cuz of this part. All of my tourneys were delayed for two reasons. Phoenix not being on time, and weed breaks. When 3 or 4 players disappear for half an hour (that's how long it actually lasted at one time) and even one of them is still in bracket it delays things. Also I was never alerted, it would just be a random "Oh Tommy, Jane, and Kyle aren't here" when I tried to get your matches moving

:phone:

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
Damn, it's not like they take 3 hours to go smoke, give them a break.

Whenever they go smoke I know for a fact they do it when it's convenient for the tournament and they don't have a match for at least a good five to ten minutes, and they only leave for about half an hour at most so they really aren't hurting anyone by enjoying themselves with a good smoke at tournaments. I think that argument's a dead end, who gives a sh*t if they were absent for roughly twenty to thirty minutes? It's not like that's going to ruin the entire tournament, loosen up that tie and let people enjoy themselves for a bit, that's what the tournaments usually promote anyway.

PS: No I'm not a smoker, I've only done it about two times so that's not my reasoning behind defending it. Tommy, Kyle, Jane and anyone else who smokes are usually very considerate when going about having a smoke.

Saffy

Smash Ace
thanks for coming over yesterday ominous and Kira/k9. But sadly I can no longer have anyone over. I got punished last night by my parents for having people over... and I can't have a single person over anymore aka have any friends . I am allowed to go hang out with people outside of the house though so if someone wants to do that I can.
And kevin/Shawn I'm sorry for what happened yesterday and I apologize on behalf of my parents. You guys did nothing wrong, you were very polite. I just can't believe them sometimes..*

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
What happened? Kevin and Shawn got in trouble or something?

I was never allowed to host Brawl tournaments at my place when I lived with my parents either.

Saffy

Smash Ace
Umm they didn't do anything at all. They even chatted with my family for an hour.

But my parents are racist and ignorant. I nearly got locked out of my home while walking them to the street my dad like locked the door and turned the lights off ON PuRPOSE. And then got yelled at for 3 hours straight. Thought my dad was going to give me a beating... Scary stuff. Oh well..
I'm thinking of moving out soon.

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
Amateur bracket is a stupid idea.

Do you think I became the best player by never getting 3 stocked by the better players? Do you think only playing people around my skill level in place of playing better people got me good? Seriously, the only way to get good is get beaten a crapton of times. Stop suggesting this stupid idea. Why do you think I always allow everyone to enter bracket. Its so they can get some damn practice.

If you guys want to get truly better than forget about this moronic idea.

Shoutout to Justin K for destroying me in my early days. <3

Looks like someone's forgetting that we actually don't always have people advance to bracket, like at APRD tournaments.

I'm not arguing against you at all that playing people better than you is the best way to improve. But this isn't about that. It's about allowing everyone at an APRD tourney to fight for something.

Jane

Smash Hero
aaven <3

And I'm sorry to hear that saffy. My dad is racist against blacks too, lol. But not severely enough to try and stop me from having black friends or having them over. D:

Saffy

Smash Ace
aaven <3

And I'm sorry to hear that saffy. My dad is racist against blacks too, lol. But not severely enough to try and stop me from having black friends or having them over. D:
Ahh I'm sorry, my parents don't want me to be around any black people apparently.
Yeah... I honestly don't understand why people are racist. Everyone is human, everyone has feelings and everyone has a heart. Most people are surprised I'm not like my parents because usually racism is passed down through generations. I mean they have tried to force their views on me when it comes to black people, but I would NEVER be like that or judge someone by that. It makes me sick and disgusted. I have told them that too. I do love them and respect them... but I don't want my parents running my life and telling me what is right and what is wrong in their own twisted minds.

Jane

Smash Hero
yeah racism is ********. even though i do love laughing at racist jokes and such, i would never judge or look down on someone simply because of the color of their skin or their racial background.

and on the whole "racism is passed down through generations", i would agree. but what is so different in our generation is the internet. the internet allows to to connect with people of all creeds and colors, so we know not to believe our parents if they ever tell us dumb ****. if we didnt have the internet, that racism in all likelihood would have been passed down.

lusiris

Smash Apprentice
yeah racism is ********. even though i do love laughing at racist jokes and such, i would never judge or look down on someone simply because of the color of their skin or their racial background.

and on the whole "racism is passed down through generations", i would agree. but what is so different in our generation is the internet. the internet allows to to connect with people of all creeds and colors, so we know not to believe our parents if they ever tell us dumb ****. if we didnt have the internet, that racism in all likelihood would have been passed down.
Exactly! Racism comes down to a lot of ignorance and not knowing people of that color so when they are introduced to someone new that is of that color they react negatively. By sharing information and meeting new people on the internet we have come to understand that when it comes down to it skin color means nothing.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
This reminds me of this convo I had at work where another guy and girl co-worker of mine was like, "Black people are alright I guess but I would NEVER date one." I was kinda like... :c

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
Having extra setups would be the best solution. If we have 6 tv's we can have the tournament on 4 or 5 and friendlies/amateur on the rest, but payout to amateur brackets on its own is not fair. However, would it be possible to run an amateur bracket as a side tournament?

The only real solution is starting on time and having lots of setups.

k9.

Smash Ace
Ok hey guys.

@Chris just text and tell me whats up.

@ Amateur bracket idea even if we did that we would have to make it top 8 make it out and everyone else go to a amateur bracket (To save time). Also there would have to extra fee for amateur bracket.

That's my opinion, i don't care what any tourney host does with the tourney in this state, ill just follow the rules and help host.

@Saffy Thanks i had a blast, your house is soo sick. KFC!!! lol.
Your really chill to it was fun. Sorry that me and kevin are negros hahahaha. jk.

E4U this weekend get hype! Watch the stream guys!

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Also there would have to extra fee for amateur bracket.
or keep it free and have no prize. Or else everyone but 1 person get's shafted twice.

amateur bracket isn't a stupid idea, it just needs to be regarded for what it is: a separate side event.
Which, just like other side events, may or may not even happen and (as Chris said) shouldn't be expected to get people better, just give worse players their money's worth, since our TO's have a tendency to not tell new comers that there is a cut-off from pools.

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
Also there would have to extra fee for amateur bracket.
amateur bracket isn't a stupid idea, it just needs to be regarded for what it is: a separate side event.
Okay I can definitely support this idea. :) I think a $1 entry fee (or so) would be more than reasonable. Albeit, as pointed out before, amateur brackets would only be done sparingly, and most likely only in our largest events.

Saffy

Smash Ace
I think an amatuer bracket would be awesome :).

Personally It'd be cool to see a low tier tournament too :p

Maybe we could run a side event for one for free? And I could offer pokemon plush for the top 6 or something? I think that would be sooo cool! :)

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
^Actually Saffy, I was thinking of doing Low Tier Doubles as the side event for our next tourney. We haven't done that in so long. :3

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
people need to check on rock lees anime -_-

also low tier doubles will be bad *** especially with stevo on my side hehehehehehehe

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Low-tier doubles sounds pretty fun actually, haha. Except Steven could probably 2v1 his way to 1st.

also the Rock Lee anime looks like the worst thing ever invented

Saffy

Smash Ace
Stevo uses Mario? :o i heard he was really good.

Low tier doubles would be awesome :) maybe I could give top 3 teams prizes then if that's alright with you Rave? Would anyone want to team with me for that? I use Zelda! (Also Rave we need to plan out a set for our TL ditto lol)

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Hahaha, it's just Rock Lee is worthless. They should've done it on a cool character, like Shikamaru. Or anyone besides Rock Lee, actually.

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
rock lee is bad *** -_- goofy as hell!

hes a ninja that can keep up with the rest even without ninjitstu because he has WILLPOWER!!!!!!!!! >.<

Shikamaru is pretty cool too but i can relate more to Rock Lee i love his personality.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
I still have the Poliwhirl from ages ago when you offered them as a prize at the smash house.
So legit.

I still don't understand the compulsion to put any money on the line for amateur stuff. I don't think a player who's been told they didn't make it out and can no longer compete wants to hear they can put up more money so they can compete and most likely not win anything back again. Or maybe they would, idk lol

But to not have a prize balances out the fact that an amateur bracket excludes a certain group of prevalent players as a favor to the worse ones.
If they all agree to pay then whatever, it just doesn't seem to me to make sense to do so

Saffy

Smash Ace
Oh wow that was over 2 years ago lol. I remember I brought a huge bag of them and just gave them to everyone who attended the tournament.

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
Stevo uses Mario? :o i heard he was really good.

Low tier doubles would be awesome :) maybe I could give top 3 teams prizes then if that's alright with you Rave? Would anyone want to team with me for that? I use Zelda! (Also Rave we need to plan out a set for our TL ditto lol)
It would be so awesome if you did that, as you can tell we're all crazy Pokemon fanboys, haha.

Don't worry, I anticipate our ditto as much as you do. :)

And yeah, I swear Stevo has a Top-5-in-the-Country Mario in his hands. o_O

Haha actually, up until a few days ago I assumed I was gonna use Zelda for Low Tier (she's pretty much my third main), but I actually tried out Link for the first time in years, and well, let's just say I think I have a great chance at winning Low Tier Doubles. :)

Jar'd

Smash Ace
You guys can S my D if you want my Blastoise plushie LOL. I had to beg too hard to get it.

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
I have League of Legends, but I suck horribly.

Also, I'm starting to be really interested in doubles since I played some of them at NYTE. It's easy to be carried. :p

Top Bottom