• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona Brawl Power Rankings and Brawl Social Thread (Updated: November 2013)

Saffy

Smash Ace
When will Nyte results be up?

I don't have school tomorrow, but have work at 4:00. So I can come over with Kris anytime before then. I might be able to bring another friend of mine, Jacob, who plays brawl quite a bit, but doesn't really play with competitive players. He's pretty good though.

What time do you want us over? I'd probably leave around 3:30.

I also have Wednesday off if you can brawl. Joe would be able to come too. He's picking up Diddy now, instead of ZSS.
Nice , His ZSS was good though!

And uhh I know I can tomorrow, My friend Alex might be coming over at 12:30? so around then would be good. let me know what would work best for you. I sitll have to confirm he is going.

And Chris (Darklink) You should come over this week :( I have yet to see you and play too!

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
Nice , His ZSS was good though!

And uhh I know I can tomorrow, My friend Alex might be coming over at 12:30? so around then would be good. let me know what would work best for you. I sitll have to confirm he is going.
I know, I think he should've kept using her.

Sounds good to me.

Saffy

Smash Ace

I am SERIOUSLY looking for someone to help me out with something this next Sunday/Monday. I am offering $100+ Gas money for this... It does require driving/transporation.. It's sort of simple though.

Yeah his ZSS had potential... He read some of things I did which I was surprised. I think overall if he does decide to be competitive, Diddy might be the better choice in that persceptive... Just practicing more is what will get him better.

And I will see you tomorrow then :D And maybe we can decide about Wednesday.
Bryce you are welcome to come over too if you are off work.

Saffy

Smash Ace
I might get there before 12:30, like...around 12:00, is that alright?
Yeah that is fine I hope I wake up at like 10:30 though lmao, like the day you came over I woke up at 11:45 I was like half ready when you showed up lmao.

And Rob it would involve driving a smasher possibly from the Phoenix Airport to my house on Sunday (Unless he does the carpool with Kira/K9 from E4 to AZ) and maybe provide housing for one or two nights but I'm not sure yet on exactly what would be needed. I'll even bump it to $150 + Gas money if needed. These are the times I wish I could drive... =[

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
Oh, haha, sorry about that. Jacob wanted to bring his Wii, just so you know, so we could have more games going on at once.

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
How many AZ smashers aren't on the PR image? I mean, elligible ones? Because it seems like pretty much everyone who's active in the scene is on it...

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
Well yeah, I guess he didn't do singles enough to be elligible.

I don't know, it just seems like everyone who is elligible to be on the PR is on the PR...That's pretty much our whole scene on there... I mean...at least narrow down the HMs so people have incentive to win...other then just "get higher on pr".

Jar'd

Smash Ace
40 seems like it's reeaaalllly stretching it. Like, counting people who haven't been to a tourney in 6 months.

lusiris

Smash Apprentice
HM really doesn't mean much to be fair. Making it to the top 10 is what really counts. When it was decided on a future characters pr image I think everyone just wanted to be on it with a cool character. So I think HM should always have around these same numbers to show the amount of people that are active at least.
- Lance ( Lurker/ Actually competes from time to time and can beat/hold his own against most of the people in Hm.)

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Hm sucks the only reason I let myaelf on it is because I liked the theme too much.

Hm=king of losers it feels more degrading if anything. Imo

:phone:

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
Okay, so pretty much the people on the PR are the people that are elligible(being in at least two tournaments).

I don't really think we need that many HMs...maybe just a few, like those who were considered in the 10th spot. We don't need to throw every other player on our PR...

I mean you're pretty much glorifying the whole scene. But we should kinda just celebrate our best players.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
we should have one HM. Like a single "Challenger Apporaching" at a time.
I agree that only the top ten being presented would be better. But I'm not opposed throwing out props to anyone who heavily contested 10th place though nameen?

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
Old man Rave is here.

I'm kinda in the middle about this. In retrospect, with the current amount of players in our scene, 7 HMs in the last PR was excessive, but 1 or 2 seems way too little too. One of the things we should concentrate on as a scene is to keep new(b) players coming back, and one of the ways we can motivate them to do so is to make them feel like they can make the HM list if they stick with the scene for a little while. With our current numbers, perhaps 3-4 HMs would be more appropriate I would say.

And for those interested, here is the full list of players who attended two or more tournies last season (20 total):
AirVault
Brush
Darklink
Darkshifter
Derpdaberp
GV7
Herro
Jane
K9
KiraFlax
MeowL337Kitteh
Moo
RaveRemix
SmileyFace
Silly Kyle
Stevo
TommyDerMeister
Tru
Yoshiken
Yummy

Those who attended twice last season, if you include NYTE (7 total):
Aaven
Meow
OkamiBW
Raper
Stuff
Wafty
Zav

And attended only once last season/at NYTE (23 total):
8Bit
Black
Dark
Drock
Ellie
Falln
Fira
FOE
Fortefreak
Gene
Gizmo
HeySeuss
KineticClash
Jowuh
Lance
Leroy
Nicknyte
Noctournez
Relic
Ryu
Sad Panda
Vee
Vincent

For a total of 50 players last season + NYTE.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
Even being able to pretty easily say that I would likely not be on the HM's, I think 4 or so is a good number, it gives hope, but doesn't make it too easy. In a perfect world, everybody would get ranked, and the HM's would not exist, but that sounds a bit impractical and/or pointless.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
One of the things we should concentrate on as a scene is to keep new(b) players coming back[/B], and one of the ways we can motivate them to do so is to make them feel like they can make the HM list if they stick with the scene for a little while.
But that's just the thing, they shouldn't be aiming for HM, they should be aiming for the top 10. A lot of honorable mentions tells a player they don't have to perform as well to get some sort of recognition, as well as diminishes whatever "prestige" the top 10 deserve for their skill.

I can respect giving new players whatever motivation we can give them, but there's a point where the reward is not difficult enough to earn :/

k9.

Smash Ace
Dang i don't know what it is like to be an HM.

No offense to anyone else, but i just can't go against or relate to it. I thought it was a motive for people to get better lol.

Jane

Smash Hero
i think yall are blowing this issue out of proportion. we all agree that HM's are pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things... so who cares if theres two HMs or ten HMs? we're all here because we enjoy playing this game and we enjoy each other's company, who gives a **** how many HMs there are.

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
@Derp
I still feel that our desire to keep/motivate new players in the scene should have some influence on the number of spots available for HMs. Considering how skilled a lot of the non-PR people are, 1 or 2 HM spots would probably make newbie players feel like it would take forever to reach even HM status, and some will probably quit before that even happens. And if you want to abide by the rule that "everyone who was competing for 10th should be mentioned", I would say there were actually about 3-4 people competing for that 10th spot this season.

Nevertheless, I will make sure not to allow the HM list to get as long as it has the past two seasons, not at least until the scene size becomes significantly larger.

And on the same subject of trying to attract and keep new players, we should make Amateur Bracket a regular thing (as long as we have enough attendees, of course).

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
50 wow hahahaha guess im not stretching it :p

also slimlenny and his friend will come out more since the new venue will be closer and wont ominious have some friends coming as well? I really love this scene!

:phone:

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
Damn it, the pressure is too heavy...

I'll keep maining Ike Rob, but I'm keeping Marth as a backup if I really need to get further in brackets. >:[

Top Bottom