• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona Brawl Power Rankings and Brawl Social Thread (Updated: November 2013)

Saffy

Smash Ace
Thanks Rob. You were really good with Rob and Lucas :)
I'll have to play a TL ditto with Rave one day :p

Oh and Ominous, Your G&W is so good for never playing . D: If you decide to come over tomorrow let me know. I still am not 100% sure if Doom is coming.

It was nice to see you again Kira too :D

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
Shawn, if I don't see your *** at NYTE I will shed man tears, especially since I almost didn't make it.

Hype.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
Hey, I had a very dull day today, so I started experimenting with some possible stagelists. The one that stood out over the others, possibly due to how radical it is is this one:

Starters:
-Pokemon Stadium 1 (Melee)
-Lylat Cruise
-Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
-Battlefield
-Smashville

Counterpicks
-Final Destination
-Delfino Plaza
-Jungle Japes
-Brinstar
-Frigate Orpheon
-Castle Siege

My reasoning for this is that I want to have a stagelist that doesn't give bias to one style of gameplay over another. There are stages for good aerial mobility, ground game, stage control, and camping. I tried to keep it as fair without having extreme one-sided counterpicks as options. One thing for me that stands out is that Final Destination is a counterpick while stages like Lylat Cruise aren't. I feel that even though Lylat Cruise completely shuts down the space animals, Final Destination is much more polarizing to a larger portion of the cast.

Any questions, comments, hatemail, concerns, and revisions would be appreciated. I just feel like if we are going to be the rebellious state and keep MK legal, we might as well have a varied stagelist as well.

Jane

Smash Hero
we were somewhat split about banning metaknight, but what united us was the stagelist. having a simplified stagelist eliminates people relying on janky bull****.

i dont want more stages.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
Ahh, I just remember having talk about how the current stagelist is horrible and that new ones need to be experimented with.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
I think that may be the last match from our set, not a friendly. I can't even watch the video right now though, since I'm at home. Did my IC's do sick s**t in that vid?
it was the match where you were killed in the first 10 secs and brought it back to even with a nana spike. Sexy stuff, smart desynchs

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
With the help of Kurtis and myself we were able to get shawn to raves for the night so it will be easier for axe to pick him and Kevin up to go to nyte. Bryce will be going as well.

:phone:

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
Saffy, I'll be there at like...12:00, k? I'll call you in case you don't get this message.

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
Had a good time earlier Saffy. I think it's pretty cool that you can play half the characters pretty well. If you ever want to brawl just message me here.

Saffy

Smash Ace
Had a good time earlier Saffy. I think it's pretty cool that you can play half the characters pretty well. If you ever want to brawl just message me here.
Ahh thank you. I used to use random a lot so I have experience with most of the characters. You don't want to see my sonic though :I. It kind of makes me wish I would of stayed with one or two characters over the course of the 3 years I have played... (Really wish I would of stuck with Toon Link, Zelda or Snake). I'd imagine I'd be much better. Your G&W really surprises me though, and I know everyone who has played it is very impressed. I can't believe how good you and Joe are for the amount you play . You would def. get a spot on the PR if you could go to tournaments. I think you could become a top G&W in the US. I hope to see you at tournaments. D:

Off topic but!!!
I would be more than willing to help host a tournament in Gilbert/Mesa... I can 100% Donate 50-100$ pot if people would come. I wish I could host at my house but there's not enough room for TV's now that we put those chairs and bed down here. Would anyone be interested? That's a lot of money to be won. I'll give out Pokemon Plush prizes too...

Also Jordan (Hopefully I spelt that right), I am down for anyday, so whenever you'd like to come over you can. I literally have nothing to do everyday really. Usually I just exercise all day now lol. You are welcome to bring Garrett, Chris , Joe or friends anytime as well. It's nice to be able to play people in person over wifi plus all of you are sweet and very nice.

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
Good luck to everyone that is going to Nyte. Show everyone what AZ is made of!

Ahh thank you. I used to use random a lot so I have experience with most of the characters. You don't want to see my sonic though :I. It kind of makes me wish I would of stayed with one or two characters over the course of the 3 years I have played... (Really wish I would of stuck with Toon Link, Zelda or Snake). I'd imagine I'd be much better. Your G&W really surprises me though, and I know everyone who has played it is very impressed. I can't believe how good you and Joe are for the amount you play . You would def. get a spot on the PR if you could go to tournaments. I think you could become a top G&W in the US. I hope to see you at tournaments. D:

Off topic but!!!
I would be more than willing to help host a tournament in Gilbert/Mesa... I can 100% Donate 50-100$ pot if people would come. I wish I could host at my house but there's not enough room for TV's now that we put those chairs and bed down here. Would anyone be interested? That's a lot of money to be won. I'll give out Pokemon Plush prizes too...

Also Jordan (Hopefully I spelt that right), I am down for anyday, so whenever you'd like to come over you can. I literally have nothing to do everyday really. Usually I just exercise all day now lol. You are welcome to bring Garrett, Chris , Joe or friends anytime as well. It's nice to be able to play people in person over wifi plus all of you are sweet and very nice.
Well you're sticking with Zelda now, right? And I'm going for a spot on the PR this season, since UAT isn't too far away. I'm not sure I would go as far as to say becoming a top G&W, but thanks. I guess anything is possible.

And I'll be sure to tell Joe, he didn't want to come yesterday becuase he lost a lot the day before. He said he wanted to get better before coming again, so you might not see him until then.

Yeah, we should totally have a tourney at your place. Maybe for the next AZ tourney after Nyte.

Mmkay, I'll keep that in mind. I know Kris and Garrett enjoy coming over. I'll bring Joe once I convince him to come again. Everyone thinks you're pretty awesome yourself.

Saffy

Smash Ace
Well I don't think I could have the tournament at my house due to lack of space in the basement :/ I mean the projector would be awesome for it .

If someone could have it at their own house or find a venue I will pay for it :I

Saffy

Smash Ace
Anyone want to come play on Tuesday? I will have my friend over who is sort of new to brawl, trying to get him into the tournament scene.

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
Good work AZ, I'm pretty proud of all of us to be honest, I think we did really well.

Some people got screwed over in Brackets and had some unexpected **** happen to them, but I think it was great overall and I'm glad I got to hang with everyone, it's great to be back in AZ again. :p

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
Was really fun especially sleeping with like 6 guys in the same room haha. Alot of upsets and cool ppl to play.

Its great to have you back aaven the ike main :)

:phone:

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
When will Nyte results be up?

Anyone want to come play on Tuesday? I will have my friend over who is sort of new to brawl, trying to get him into the tournament scene.
I don't have school tomorrow, but have work at 4:00. So I can come over with Kris anytime before then. I might be able to bring another friend of mine, Jacob, who plays brawl quite a bit, but doesn't really play with competitive players. He's pretty good though.

What time do you want us over? I'd probably leave around 3:30.

I also have Wednesday off if you can brawl. Joe would be able to come too. He's picking up Diddy now, instead of ZSS.

Top Bottom