• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona Brawl Power Rankings and Brawl Social Thread (Updated: November 2013)

heysuess

Smash Cadet
Hey everybody. Can anybody link me to the upcoming tourney in Tucson? I plan to go but cannot find the info anywhere. I probably haven't looked hard enough.

Also, where/when can I get some playing in at? I usually play with a small (very) group of friends but I want to branch out.

Thanks!

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
Once i get home i will update the carpools. So we only have 3 carpools. Yoshicant whos joinin ur 5th? I will contact carn and take him in my carpool

:phone:

k9.

Smash Ace
Hey everybody. Can anybody link me to the upcoming tourney in Tucson? I plan to go but cannot find the info anywhere. I probably haven't looked hard enough.

Also, where/when can I get some playing in at? I usually play with a small (very) group of friends but I want to branch out.

Thanks!
Hey! here is my number just text me or call, we usually play on the weekends for practice.

480 343 6799

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
wait kevins not driving? so how is kevin, stevo, aaven, k9 and yummy getting there? ima have to call them. -_-

(after calling stevo)

guess they have a few days to fix the car up abit before heading to tucson. they will keep updated

@aaven you can still come with me since i can only fit 3 in my lil car.
@bryce what will you do?
@yummy ????????

-_-

Carn

Smash Rookie
Hey Rob, my number is (480)-352-8021. Let me know when I need to be ready by. I can be ready before 2 now, I got laid off my job yesterday due to a nearby store closing and some of their employes coming over to our store.

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
Ok so heres the carpools since kevin is going to have his ready for tucson.

Carpool#1
kurtis
anjila
alex
chris

carpool#2
kevin
steven
k9
aaven
yummy

carpool#3
gv7
carn
noctournez

carpool#4
hykan
friend
friend

@aaven you can talk to kevin about this where u will sit if ur not liking ur position in the car i can take you in my car.
@kurtis since kevin is gettin his carpool set and since k9 is near yummy near kevin we talked and he thinks it helps his way to kevins. And bryce needs a carpool so ill call him tomorrow to ask you or see what hes doing. Hes the last we need to find a carpool for.
@carn ill call you tomorrow

Hope this all works out will be fun <3 also we need to get an up to date pic going!

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
Rob, that 5th spot may not be open in my car anymore. I have to go to school now though, and so call me after 4:30 for the details if you want them.

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
Alright yo. I would but my car is tiny and im taking 3 tvs and alot of setup equipment. My cars max load is only 680 hahaha

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
Sweet, Kevin's vehicle it is then.

I wouldn't prefer riding in the back since it was so god awful last time but I will if I have to, I'll just bring my Ipod this time I guess. :p

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
Its not as cold now than last time :( idk how you guys survived. Bryces gma gave us pillows and blankets and it was still cold haha.

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
Lol yeah, I felt like I died a little on the inside last time, and Alex didn't even bring a damn jacket, I honestly thought he was going to get frostbite or something.

Yeah it's pretty fair weather compared to last time so it'll be a lot nicer this time around.

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
Everyone, we have a bit of a problem over here in Phoenix. Gamer's Inn is remodeling, and has told a certain number of meet-up groups that come often that they cannot accomodate such groups anymore. I haven't spoken to them yet about our Brawl tournament scene, but I wouldn't doubt it if we become one of the groups that they boot, since they have already had issues with us in the past.

I will keep you all posted on what actually happens, but be on the lookout for possible venues more than you regularly have just in case the worst case scenario comes up.

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
*Double Post*

Alright, well, I thought this was important to warrant its own post. K9 and I just called Gamer's Inn, and they just confirmed to us that after February 1st, they will not allow anymore video-games to be brought in and played (ironic, since the place is called Gamer's Inn).

So we definitely have to find a new venue now for both smashfests and tournaments here in Phoenix. However, we will still be having a smashfest there tomorrow.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
It'll be a pain finding another venue, but my heart's not breaking over leaving Gamer's Inn

Jane

Smash Hero
in general, that specific term isnt used much (from what i've experienced)

a common saying that would loosely translate to "oh ****" or "aw ****" would be "chingada madre" among a few others.

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
Chris literally lurks in the shadows watching us 1 by 1 you never know when he will drop off a comment on the boards. Also i think you need a new pic yo :p

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
Chris should change his pic to Jigglypuff, like a boss.

Also, Gamer's Inn sucks *** anyway.

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
In cali when we didnt have a venue we would just talk to pizza places that have huge areas open to setup away from customers. It would bring them business and us a venue. Doesnt have to be just pizza places :p

Jane

Smash Hero
hey guys, the tourney that was supposed to be held tomorrow, the 7th, has now been postponed to next saturday, the 14th, due to the union being closed and all that. sorry if this ****s with anyone's schedule.

Top Bottom