• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Argue YOUR final roster!

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Sorry but zelda is not going less rep than in melee, it will more than likely get 5 reps.

Also Dark Samus is Samus from a different dimension but keep her if you want just make zelda have 5 reps.
??? Dark Samus isn't Samus at all, it just has her old suit and DNA....
You should look at the DS thread, in my Mercenary sig:p
And I agree on the Zelda part, they definitely shouldn't be under rep'd, but they should remove the clone parts.

??? Dark Samus isn't Samus at all, it just has her old suit and DNA....
You should look at the DS thread, in my Mercenary sig:p
And I agree on the Zelda part, they definitely shouldn't be under rep'd, but they should remove the clone parts.
Replace OoT Young Link with WW Young Link.

It's not as if that's difficult.

B: Mole Mitts
Smash B: Hammer
Up B: Deku Leaf
Down B: Gust Jar
Final Smash: Hurricane Slash
Grab: Grappling Hook

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Mario Series:
  1. Mario
  2. Peach
  3. Bowser
  4. Lugi
  5. Bowser Jr.
  6. Geno

Predictable Mario roster. Doc's removal is kinda obvious, and Bowser and Geno are the solid contenders. Paper Mario is still Mario, he can just fold himself. They even call him Mario in the PM games. I like those games, but really, nah... anyway, I actually wouldn't be surprized if the Mario roster didn't turn out like this though. Who knows...

Zeda Series:
  1. Link
  2. Zelda/(Sheik?)
  3. Ganondorf
  4. Midna
  5. WW Link

I put WW Link in here, even though I don't like him. However, people complain about variety and too much TP and blah blah, so he's here. Two Links FTL though... *sigh* Sheik gone? Oh noes! WE. So, technically, she's kinda on my list. BTW, I bet that if you yell "Zelda!" I bet Sheik would turn around, cause she's like, Zelda. What I'm saying is, ah... nothing. I'm saying absolutely nothing.

Pokemon Series:
  1. Pikachu
  2. Jiggly
  3. Mewtwo
  4. Pokemon Trainer
  5. Lucario

Yes, I know that may be too much, considering PT is actually 3 characters, but people argue he's considered one, and while it did take three times as long to make him, gameplay wise, he *IS* one character, because you can't play him like Zelda and Sheik were you just switch one to one character and stick with it. Lucario is there to please the masses. If I had it in me, I'd remove him and Mewtwo. Or maybe I'd keep Lucario and remove Mewtwo. But, they're both there.

Starfox:
  1. Fox
  2. Falco
  3. Krystal

The solid three. Poor Wolf, had it not been for Starfox Adventures, he'd be there.

Kirby:
  1. Kirby
  2. MetaKnight
  3. Dedede

The Colorful Trio! Moving on...

Yoshi:
  1. Yoshi

Kamek is just not really likely, there really isn't much to differ him from other Magikoopas, so I consider him rather generic.

Wario Ware:
  1. Wario
  2. Mona

Mona is like, Wario's Peach. Ashley FTL. (Though I do like Ashley) I can just see Sakurai looking and investigating Wario Ware, and not too long, he finds about Mona, becomes very interested, and makes her Wario's partner. Nice scenario I have. Not that she's a shoe-in, though.

DK:
  1. Donkey Kong
  2. Diddy
  3. K. Rool

*Sigh* I'd rather have Dixie instead of K.Rool.

MOTHER:
  1. Lucas
  2. Claus

Psychic twins!

Fire Emblem:
  1. Ike
  2. Marth
  3. Micaiah

Part of me wants to include Sigurd, but right now I don't really care. Wouldn't be surprized if Micaiah didn't make it.

Metroid:
  1. Samus/Zamus
  2. Ridley

I really hope it's beyond Sakurai to not include Ridley. I do believe he's not as much of a shoe-in as people here believe, but, he still should be in.

F-Zero:
  1. Captain Falcon
  2. Jodie Summer

I do think a second F-Zero rep is still possible.

Other:
  1. Olimar
  2. Isaac
  3. Ray
  4. Ayumi Tachibana

Olimar so my list doesn't kill puppies, Isaac cause he's like the Magic Swordsman, Ray cause he's a robot, and Ayumi cause she's like, WTF?

Oh yeah, those are not the sole reasons, I also weighted other stuff... such as.... well, stuff.

Retro:
  1. Pit
  2. Ice Climbers
  3. Game and Watch

Makes sense to me.

Third Parties:
  1. Snake
  2. Sonic
  3. MegaMan
  4. Terra/Cecil

Snake? Check. Sonic? Check. MegaMan is the solid contender, for the third spot, and thus, he's there. Now, Terra or Cecil? Yeah. First of all, I didn't include Dixie, and included Lucario, Mewtwo, K. Rool and WW Link, so I can indulge myself a bit. (Yeah, I know I wasn't forced to include them, but I'm selfless like that) Second: Another scenario that just makes sense in my head. They approach Square for Geno, and they go "you know, we'd like to have another character in, cause Geno doesn't do us any good comercially... more tea Mr. Sakurai?" and then they discuss other characters, and it comes down to either Cecil or Terra. Why? Debuted in the SNES during the golden age of FF, had their games recently ported for the GBA, and we have an upcoming FFIV remake for the DS. (And IMO it's a no-brainer FFVIDS is soon to follow) So bear them with me.

That's it. Too optimistic IMO, but hey, whatever. I pretty much won't be disappointed with any roster they can throw at me, so I exaggerated a little bit.

Enjoy ripping it apart.

InvincibleAgent

Smash Lord
Corneria, Oregon, US - Melee: Roy, Link, Ganondorf
Oh and about Leon.. as much as I would LOVE to see Megaman and Leon in the same game its doubtful to happen. Leon isn't too different from Snake, it would appear that Snake was this goldmine of a character that just had to be shortchanged due to immature audiences. I would say that Leon could have his laser cannon, melee attacks and gernades but its doubtful. If you ever want to pit Megaman vs a Resident Evil character though, Marvel Vs Capcom 2 is waiting for you.
I made a Leon moveset here: http://blogs.ign.com/InvincibleAgent/2007/11/03/70684/

And Kadabra... I know. I just like him :p Daisy could be taken out, sure. Pac-man I included as a novelty. Like GAW.

Bailheit

Smash Rookie
The only people who I would literally jump for joy are.....

1.Shiek Confirmed
2.Kalas
3.Sagi
-From Baten Kaitos
4.Lloyd Irving
5.Kratos Aurion
-From Tales of Symphonia

I know the last 4 are not likely but....they were the most memorable characters from IMO the best RPG's for the Cube

knightzy

Smash Journeyman
Mario series:

Mario
Luigi[with vacuum cleaner]
Peach
Bowser
Geno
Bowser Jr./shadow mario

Zelda series:

Link
Ganondorf[with new moveset]
Zelda/Sheik[reling on Zelda more sick of seeing people just use sheik]

Pokemon series:

Pokemon trainer
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo [new moveset]

Starfox series:

fox
falco[different somehow? not a clone]

Yoshi series:

Yoshi

Kirby series:

Kirby
Metaknight
kingdede

Wario ware series:

Wario

Dk series:

Donkey kong
Diddy kong

Mother/earthbound series:

Lucas

Fire Emblem series:

Ike
Marth

Metriod series:

Samus/zsamus
Ridley

F-zero series:
C.Falcon

Retro:
G&W
Pit
Ice-climbers

Third party:
Snake
Sonic
Pac-man
Megaman/zero

Random:
Bomberman
Leon
Ray

Well,what do you think????????????

1ofMany_ppl

Smash Apprentice
Mario Series:

Mario
Luigi ( with poultergust 9000...is that what it's called?)
Peach
Bowser

I am one of the few people that do not believe/support Geno. I just think hes not iconic enough to be made as a character. Yeah I know he was on Sakarai's poll and he got 4 votes but I still stand by my assumption. Bowser Jr. MAYBE. It just depends on how they would make his moveset, I mean it would be really neat to see a fighter in Brawl using using a paintbrush as a weapon...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Legend of Zelda:

Link
Zelda
Ganondorf ( needs sword and new moveset)

We don't need anyone else 3 is ENOUGH. We have the 3 that has the pieces of the triforce. Sheik was a HUGE maybe cause I could see them using Zelda's FS to transform into sheik such as Samus into ZSS. I know some people will say "but we need more than just TP characters!" The only other people I could see would be Cel shaded Link and Tetra but I just don't think cel shaded characters would look good/ non-the less work with the Brawl graphics. Though who am I to speak I mean just look at Mr. Game and Watch...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon:

Pokemon Trainer
Pikachu
Lucario/ Mewtwo ( really I could care less who gets in over these two just not both)
Jigglypuff ( has been supposedly leaked, was in SSBM and SSB)

No pichu. NO! I could care less if they revamped him with an entirely different moveset than pikachu. Other better/ more unique characters deserve that slot.
Starfox Series:

Fox
Falco ( needs an entire new moveset. I DO NOT support clone characters in any way!)
Krystal ( Would be neat becuase she would use a staff as a weapon)

We don't need Wolf, nor Slippy, Peppy, Leon ect. Maybe as AT's but not characters.
Donkey Kong:

DK
Diddy
King K. Rool

KKR has a good chance IMO. He was the main boss in every DK game ( after the original with mario...) atleast I believe so. It would also work really well with the first event where you have to fight bowser and DDD. For hard it could be DDD bowser and KKR all of which are big villians.
Kirby Series:

King Dedede
Meta Knight
Kirby

No more characters need to be added I mean who else could you add???
MOTHER:

Lucas
Claus

Sorry I don't like/support Ness nor Lucas really but considering Lucas pretty much has the moveset Ness had, unless they make an entire new moveset for Ness I don't see it happening.
Metroid Series:

Samus
ZSS
Meta Ridley

We don't need Dark Samus. Yeah I like him/her??....it.. too. Though I would really rather "it" be a boss in the Supspace Emissary. I want "it" to be as powerful as it was on Metroid Prime 2 ( don't know if it's on 3 havn't played it though I'm sure it is) and the only way it can stay powerful without being a broken character is being a boss.
Fire Emblem Series:

Ike
Micaiah/ Mia

IMO we need more Female characters in Brawl than 3. Sakurai said himself something about the lack of female characters. I don't count ZZS cause she is technically Samus nor do I can't Krystal ( I am not a furry fan) it could be either Micaiah or Mia or any other character as long as they are Female. As for Marth, Ike seems to have some of the moves Marth did ( okay I may be wrong on this) , not too mention they look kinda similar.
Wario Ware Series:

Wario

Ashley as I have said before of another character does not strike me as "iconic" to the series. Her theme song is on the dojo yes, but Sakurai himself said that he was just picking music that he liked to go into the game. I think this is one of those "picks". Though who knows, Sakurai might put her in. At this point nothing will suprise me.
F-zero Series:

Captain Falcon
Yoshi series:

Yoshi
Retro Characters:

Pit
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game and Watch

I HATE Mr. Game and Watch with a passion. Sure he's "iconic" so to speak but I really hope nintendo decides to leave him out. Though sadly I believe he will be in.
3rd Party:

Sonic
Snake
Megaman

Megaman IMO seems to have the best chance, and yeah I know that nintendo would have to shell out big $$$ to get him in but I'm sure alot of people would really like for him to be in and it may raise the hype of Brawl even further.
Other:

Ray
Olimar
Bomberman
Marina Liteyears

They need a robot in Brawl if you ask me and what would be a better choice but Ray? He did appear on Sakurai's poll I believe.

As for Captian Olimar he would have a very odd moveset, thats what people want in Brawl isn't it? A variety of fighting styles and characters.

If Bomberman were to get I see them using the Bomberman Hero look/ moves or atleast incorporate them into his moveset.

I can seriously see Marina being in smash, she just has that smash feel to her. I really don't know if Marina is 3rd party or not. Can the game have 3rd party AT's? Well a character from Sin and Punishment is an AT and Sin and Punishment was made by Treasures which also made Mischief Makers where Marina was the main character and a big hit in Japan I believe. Whats that? Shes only been in one game? Last I checked so were Pit and Ice Climbers...I mean who saw them coming???

I would really like to have Django on here but I really can't seem him doing much considering he needs sunlight or reference to it to use his attacks properly (otherwise he couldn't be called the "solar boy"). With some of the stages in Brawl not having sunlight or or very little it would be bad to have him good in some stages and bad in others. Maybe as AT but not a character.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Altogether that is 40 characters which would be more than enough. Each character I put on here has their own unique moves and appearance. No one is anywhere near being a clone and each has something different to bring to the Brawl. This is what I think should be the Roster for Brawl. All the characters mentioned have a very good chance if not already confirmed.

Er, what? All I can comment on is that you seem to hate G&W and want him out, even though he's one of the most important characters in SSB?

1ofMany_ppl

Smash Apprentice
What's with the "er what?" cluase? Is it because the characters look too jumbled together or my list has a lot of WTF characters in it? ( I made it a little easier to read my above post now) Yeah, I hate G&W but it's my opinion. Though I still put him on the list cause he has a high chance of getting in.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Heh, a smart thread, I love it.

Well, I will join in:

Mario series:

- Mario
- Luigi
- Peach
- Bowser
- Geno
- Bowser Jr.

It's simple, excluding for the Bowser Jr. part, unless he doesn't ends up as Waluigi, he'll do fine, however so I have doubts for Geno, since he is owned by a 3rd-Party, and his status are currently unknown.

The Legend of Zelda series:

- Link
- Zelda
- Ganondorf
- Vaati
- WW Link

If Sakurai wants to keep Y. Link, but also make him different from his older counterpart, then WW Link is the smartest choice, and about Vaati, he is actually a very curious villian, maybe his FS may be some sort of transformation? But I kind of doubt his appearance.

Donkey Kong series:

- Donkey Kong
- Diddy Kong

I'm not fond of the DK series, just played 4 games of it (The Country games and DK64), the most involving kongs are these two, and I do think that King K. Roll can do as boss better than PC.

Kirby series:

- Kirby
- Meta-Knight
- King DeDeDe

This section is perfect, no doubts, the rest can be AT/Bosses.

Pokemon series:

- Pikachu
- Pokemon Trainer (Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard)
- Mewtwo
- Jigglypuff
- Lucario

I'll be honest, In my personal oppinion Jigglypuff could be out, but since its a SSB veteran, it also might return. Lucario is the next likely PC in the list. I don't expect for unoriginal Johto or Hoenn Pokemon Trainer, kthx.

Star Fox series:

- Fox McCloud
- Falco Lombardi
- Wolf O' Donnell
- Krystal

Either Krystal or Wolf is out in this list for most of people, but for me, it's a good roster, specially if my current SSBM Main, Falco, returns. I actually think this is a perfect roster for the Star Fox series.

MOTHER series:

- Lucas
- Claus

Aside of the fact that Claus is Lucas's twin (I think...), he's now the only likely next character for MOTHER, Ness got deconfirmed, it's a shame.

Metroid series:

- Samus/Zero Suit Samus

Sorry, I think Ridley may do as Boss, same reason as K. Roll, he'll do a better boss than a PC.

Fire Emblem series:

- Marth
- Sigurd
- Roy/Eliwood
- Ike

My favorite series, yus. 4 reps? I think it may reach that number. My preference is for one representative per series (Akanea, Jugdral, Elibe and Tellius). In Roy and Eliwood, one of them will do it, and the other not. Roy is more likely though. Still, if there are only 3 reps, it will be Marth, Sigurd and Ike.

WarioWare series:

- Wario

Only character to join, I don't expect Ashley, sorry fans.

F-Zero series:

- Captain Falcon
- Black Shadow

Black Shadow is the ONLY likely character for F-Zero, I just wonder if he'll get another symbol, since the hawk doesn't fits him.

Yoshi series:

- Yoshi

I lost my faith in Kamek, heh...

Golden Sun series:

- Isaac
- Felix

Isaac is a safe bet for a Playable Character, while Felix is a risky bet, but well, it won't harm to try to get my favorite Golden Sun character in Brawl, right?

Retro series:

- Pit
- Ice Climbers
- Mr. Game and Watch.

Mr. GaW may return, or maybe not. That's my thinking though.

3rd Party:

- Snake
- Sonic
- Megaman

If Geno is no 3rd-party, then Megaman can enter, but that's kind of hard, what if Sakurai doesn't allows a 3rd spot for another company?

That makes 45 characters, I think it fits, I THINK.

Saor Gael

Smash Apprentice
Hm, I've considered this a lot, and this is, I think, the likeliest character roster, if it were to go as high as 42.

Mario:
1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Bowser
4. Peach
5. Bowser Jr.
6. Geno
Reasons: Being the flagship series, Mario has to have few added. These two characters make the most sense and have the biggest fan base. PErsonally, I'm baffled why Geno, who was a supporting character in one game, has such a huge fanbase, but apparently he does.

Legend of Zelda:
7. Link
8. Zelda/Sheik
9. Ganondorf
10. Young (WW-style) Link
11. Vaati
Reasons: Okay, all the characters get an update, but there's one weird thing! Who is the NEW LoZ character? If Young Link is done in WW style, then I think the choice must be Vaati to complement him. He is the most common enemy for Cel-shaded Link. This is my theory, at least.
Wolf Link/Midna is another possibility, but it leaves WW Link as the odd man out.

Pokemon:
11. Pikachu
12. Pokemon Trainer
13. Jigglypuff
14. Mewtwo
15. Lucario
Reasons: Popular choice. This is only one more character (technically) for Pokemon than Melee, and it's certainly one of the biggest-selling franchises Nintendo has right now.

Kirby:
16. Kirby
17. Meta Knight
18. King Dedede
Reasons: Nothing need be said here. Not any other recurring Kirby characters who have potential.

StarFox:
19. Fox
20. Falco
21. Krystal
Reasons: Wolf is just too much like Fox, sorry. These three have everything going for them to be put in. Likely, Falco will have a slightly re-worked moveset.

Metroid:
22. Samus
23. Zero Suit Samus
24. Ridley
Reasons: Ridley is enormously requested, and Sakurai would be crazy not to include him. WHy do Samus and ZSS have their own slots, while Sheik and Zelda are in one? They both have complete movesets. Zelda and Sheik share down and Bs.

Donkey Kong:
25. Donkey Kong
26. Diddy Kong
Reasons: As fun as K. Rool would be, I just don't see it happening.

Earthbound/Mother:
27. Lucas
28. Claus
Reasons: Why would he replace the perfectly acceptable Ness with Lucas? Hmm . . . My mind screams that he wants to put Claus in as well!! I hope this is the case, I have a good feeling about it.

Fire Emblem:
29. Ike
30. Marth
Reasons: Unless Roy comes back as a slightly re-worked clone, I don't see this happening.

Other:
31. Yoshi
32. Wario
33. Captain Falcon
34. Animal Crossing Character
35. Captain Olimar
Reasons: The first three are shoe-ins, the last two . . . AC has a stage and items and an icon. Seems quite plausible to me. Olimar is very popular, too . . .

Retro:
36. Ice Climbers
37. Pit
38. Mr. Game & Watch
39. Sukapon
Reasons: I don't think they'd get rid of G&W. Maybe tweak him. Sukapon fits the odd, retro character mold perfectly.

Third Party:
40. Snake
41. Sonic
42. Megaman
Reasons: Of all the third-party characters left, Megaman makes the most sense and is the most significant to Nintendo and video gaming history. I'd love to see NiGHTS in, though.

Beamblast

Smash Cadet
Mario
Peach
Bowser
Luigi
Geno

Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf

Pokemon Trainer
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo

Fox
Krystal

Kirby
Metaknight
King Dedede

Yoshi

Wario

Pit

Ice Climbers

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong

Lucas
Claus

Ike

Samus/ Zero Suit
Ridley

Captain Falcon

Game & Watch

Captain Olimar

Isaac

Snake

Sonic

Megaman

del-boy

Smash Journeyman
Here is my if characters list if there are 50 characters in brawl.

Super Mario Bros. Franchise:
1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Peach
4. Bowser
5. Bowser Jr.
6. Paper Mario

I put Bowser Jr. on there because he has be the main baddie in 2 games and he has been in more than 8 games. I put paper Mario in it because I think that Mario rpg games need a rep and who better to do that then paper Mario.

Yoshi Franchise:
7. Yoshi
8. Kamek

I think that all the franchise in ssb64 should have one more character if there are more than 45 characters

Donkey Kong Franchise:
9. Donkey Kong
10. Diddy Kong
11. King K. Rool

Dk is one of Nintendo biggest franchises is I think it should have one character and we also need more villains so who better to put in than K.rool.

Wario Ware Franchise:
12. Wario

Legend of Zelda Franchise:
13. Link
14. Zelda/Sheik
15. Ganondorf
16. Wind Waker Link (Midna if they are not putting alt versions of characters)
17. Vaati (Midna if they are going to make a sbbds)

Vaati has been 3 games as a villain so he deservers to be playable. Celda link has been in more than 5 games so he should be playable and we need more celda reps, but if they are not putting in alts I think they should put in Midna instead.

Pokemon Franchise:
18. Pikachu
19. Pokemon Trainer
20. Jigglypuff
21. Mewtwo
22. Lucario

I lot of people wanted Lucario and we need a 4 gen rep.

Kirby Franchise:
23. Kirby
24. Meta-Knight
25. King Dedede

Star Fox Franchise:
26. Fox
27. Falco
28. Krystal

Falco has a 50% chance because he could be replaces by Wolf. I think that Krystal will be in because we need more females and she has been very imported to the star fox games sine’s she has been in.

Metroid Franchise:
29. Samus
30. Ridley

A lot people wanted Ridley, he is a villain and Metroid needs more reps.

F-Zero Franchise:
31. Captain Falcon
32. Black Shadow

Black Shadow is a villain and I think F-Zero should get someone new as well.

Earthbound Franchise:
33. Lucas
34. Masked Man

There was going to be two Earthbound characters in melee so they should have one now and now that ness has been disconfirmed Masked Man is the best option because he is imported to the story of mother 3 and is a villain/

Fire Emblem Franchise:
35. Ike
36. Marth
37. Micaiah

Fire Emblem needs someone from the newest games and a female so Micaiah is the best one for the job.

Ice Climber Franchise:
38. Ice Climbers

Kid Icarus Franchise:
39. Pit

Metal Gear Franchise:
40. Snake

Game & Watch Franchise:
41. Mr. Game & Watch

He should come back.

Pikmin Franchise:
42. Captain Olimar

A good series that should get a rep.

Sonic the Hedgehog Franchise:
43. Sonic

Mii Franchise:
44. Mii

It is too good not to happen and it like the wii mascot.

Custom Robo Franchise:
45. Ray MK. III

Custom Robo is a big franchise that would be original and brawl needs a robot.

Fantasy Franchise:
46. Warrior of Light or Cecil Harvey

SE has made a lot of Mario games and has a good friend ship.

Bomberman Franchise:
47. Bomberman

Huston makes a lot of games for Nintendo and has a very good friend ship with Nintendo, I would have put mega man but capcom has never done anything like this before and does not have the best friend ship with Nintendo.

Golden Sun Franchise:
48. Isaac

Good series that should get a rep.

Nintendo Wars Franchise:
49. Andy

Has had 12 games so he should get a rep.

A WTF characters, can’t pick who but can someone help me pick one out of these.

StarTropics:
Mike Jones

Clu Clu Land:
Bubbles

Chibi-Robo!:
Chibi robo

Doshin the Giant:
Doshin

Big Brain Academy:
Dr. Lobe

Mole Mania:
Muddy Mole

Please rate my list.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
My old roster in this topic needed work. (it was months ago!)

This is not an roster I'm arguing, just one I'd be happy with. It is partially built logically, though...

Mario

1. Mario - Confirmed
2. Luigi - The game wouldn't make any sense without him, so he best be in.
3. Bowser - Confirmed.
4. Peach - Confirmed.
5. Geno - At the top of Sakurai's poll, plus he's got a ton of fans. He could also bring an interesting moveset.

Yoshi

6. Yoshi - Confirmed.

Wario Ware
7. Wario - Confirmed.

Legend of Zelda

8. Link - Confirmed.
9. Zelda/Shiek - Confirmed/Sheik should return.
10. Ganondorf - He has to be in, like Luigi.
11. Wind Waker Link - After much consideration I have decided to add him.

Donkey Kong
12. Donkey Kong - Confirmed.
13. Diddy Kong - Confirmed.

Earthbound/MOTHER
14. Lucas - Confirmed. I called it! Like everybody else...
15. Claus - Seems to be the only logical second Mother playable character as Ness is not coming back.

Pokemon
16. Pikachu - Confirmed.
17. Pokemon Trainer - Confirmed.
18. Mewtwo - I see no reason for him to leave.
19. Jigglypuff - Come on, too unique to not make it back.

Metroid
20. Samus/Zerio Suit Samus - Confirmed.
21. Ridley - Not my favorite character or series, but he deserves it.

Kirby
22. Kirby - Confirmed.
23. Metaknight - Confirmed.
24. King Dedede - Confirmed. I called it. Like everyone else!

Star Fox
25. Fox - Confirmed.
26. Falco - I liked him, but I realize he may not come back.
27. Krystal - Seems to be very popular, I don't know much about her, though.

F-Zero
28. Captain Falcon - He should return.

Fire Emblem
29. Ike - Confirmed.
Marth - First lord, deserves to return no matters what anybody says.

Animal Crossing
31. Animal Crossing Human - AC will probably (not for sure, though.) get a rep. Seeing as Tom Nook, Resetti and the others are pretty much deconfirmed, AC human seems to be who we'll be seeing. I hope he/she is customizable.

Golden Sun
32. Isaac - He best be in! He would be a very unique character, and I hope Sakurai realized that. He'd fit perfectly in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Pikmin
33. Captain Olimar - Could be just as unique as Isaac, and I doubt he won't make it.

Retro

34. Pit - Confirmed.
35. Ice Climbers - Confirmed! ^_^
36. Mr. Game & Watch - Deserves to return.

3rd Party

37. Snake - Confirmed.
38. Sonic - Confirmed. *sighs*
39. Mega Man - I think he deserves it.

EDIT:

December 18 - Added WW Link.

del-boy

Smash Journeyman
My old roster in this topic needed work. (it was months ago!)

This is not an roster I'm arguing, just one I'd be happy with. It is partially built logically, though...

Mario

1. Mario - Confirmed
2. Luigi - The game wouldn't make any sense without him, so he best be in.
3. Bowser - Confirmed.
4. Peach - Confirmed.
5. Geno - At the top of Sakurai's poll, plus he's got a ton of fans. He could also bring an interesting moveset.

Yoshi

6. Yoshi - Confirmed.

Wario Ware
7. Wario - Confirmed.

Legend of Zelda

8. Link - Confirmed.
9. Zelda/Shiek - Confirmed/Sheik should return.
10. Ganondorf - He has to be in, like Luigi.

Donkey Kong
11. Donkey Kong - Confirmed.
12. Diddy Kong - Confirmed.

Earthbound/MOTHER
13. Lucas - Confirmed. I called it! Like everybody else...
14. Claus - Seems to be the only logical second Mother playable character as Ness is not coming back.

Pokemon
15. Pikachu - Confirmed.
16. Pokemon Trainer - Confirmed.
17. Mewtwo - I see no reason for him to leave.
18. Jigglypuff - Come on, too unique to not make it back.
19. Lucario (maybe.) I actually want him in just to prove the idiots around here wrong.

Metroid
20. Samus/Zerio Suit Samus - Confirmed.
21. Ridley - Not my favorite character or series, but he deserves it.

Kirby
22. Kirby - Confirmed.
23. Metaknight - Confirmed.
24. King Dedede - Confirmed. I called it. Like everyone else!

Star Fox
25. Fox - Confirmed.
26. Falco - I liked him, but I realize he may not come back.
27. Krystal - Seems to be very popular, I don't know much about her, though.

F-Zero
28. Captain Falcon - He should return.

Fire Emblem
29. Ike - Confirmed.
Marth - First lord, deserves to return no matters what anybody says.

Animal Crossing
31. Animal Crossing Human - AC will probably (not for sure, though.) get a rep. Seeing as Tom Nook, Resetti and the others are pretty much deconfirmed, AC human seems to be who we'll be seeing. I hope he/she is customizable.

Golden Sun
32. Isaac - He best be in! He would be a very unique character, and I hope Sakurai realized that. He'd fit perfectly in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Pikmin
33. Captain Olimar - Could be just as unique as Isaac, and I doubt he won't make it.

Retro

34. Pit - Confirmed.
35. Ice Climbers - Confirmed! ^_^
36. Mr. Game & Watch - Deserves to return.

3rd Party

37. Snake - Confirmed.
38. Sonic - Confirmed. *sighs*
39. Mega Man - I think he deserves it.
Add one more mario rep and two more zelda reps, also remove Animal Crossing Human because if we were get a rep for a new series it would have been showen first.

vesperview

Smash Hero
What the hell, I'll give it a shot

Mario:

Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Bowser Jr
Geno

DK:

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
K. Rool

Zelda:

Link
Zelda (No Sheik)
Ganondorf
Midna
Young Link (Wind Waker themed)

Metroid:

Samus
Ridley
Dark Samus

Mother:

Lucas
Claus

F-Zero

Captain Falcon

Fire Emblem:

Marth
Ike
Micaiah

Kirby:

Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

Star Fox:

Fox
Falco
Krystal
Wolf

Pokemon:

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Pokemon Trainer
Lucario

Wario:

Wario

Yoshi:

Yoshi
Kamek

Pikmin:

C. Olimar

Golden Sun:

Isaac

Custom Robo:

Ray 01

Retro:

Pit
Ice Climbers
Mr Game and Watch
Sukapon

Third Party:

Sonic
Megaman
Snake
Bomberman
Pacman

I don't know if I forgot anyone, it's big, but whatever, feedback?

Saor's:

- Mario series: - Not going to touch Geno.
- Zelda series: - Rather see Tingle. Good however.
Donkey Kong series: - Why no K. Rool? I don't see why he makes a better boss than a PC if Bowser doesn't.
- Star Fox series: - Four characters? No way.
Metroid series: - Why would Ridley be a good boss but a bad PC? I mean, he's the most possible rep in the series, and I definitely cannot see Star Fox getting four reps, while Metroid gets only one.
- Fire Emblem series: - Good for Marth, but eh for Sigurd - I don't see three FE reps. But no way for Roy or Eliwood. Most people viewed Lyndis as the star of FEGBA, and Roy isn't important anymore.
WarioWare series: - Not necessarily only one. Mona has a chance. Maybe Jimmy T. Or, Hell, even 9-Volt, whose moves could be referential to old NES games?
F-Zero series: - Not going to comment on Black Shadow (whom I think shouldn't be in... whoops!), but the symbol would stay the same, because the falcon represents F-Zero in its entirety.
Golden Sun series: - Erm. I'm going to walk on thin ice, but No. It's definitely not a safe-bet. He's not current since he was left in the last generation and there are no plans to bring him back, and he's too new to be retro. But let's say GS gets representation. There is no way in any universe that it would get two representatives, especially when they'd be the same concept.
Retro series: - It's really unfortunate, you neglected to add any new reps not already in the series. Why not Takamaru? Lip? Muddy Mole? Bubbles?
3rd Party: - No complaints.

Overall rating: 6/10. It began promising, but you had way too many fanboy characters (basically, you overstuffed FE and Star Fox a lot), which reduced the number of potential new franchises in Brawl. As far as I can see, you only threw in two new franchises - one is another fanboy franchise of yours (pardon the term "fanboy", not using it as an insult), the other is in a category that would have to have been a new franchise anyway. Even if Star Fox and Fire Emblem get three while GS gets even one, that's three reduced, allowing you to add three retro/other franchises. You also ignored any entries from Animal Crossing or DS games, as well as ignoring any unique franchises besides GS. Add a little more interest to the list and I'll re-rate.

Next, Blast's list.

Mario - I doubt Geno would get in before Bowser Jr., if we consider overall importance to both Mario and Nintendo.
Zelda - No new reps? We've got Vaati, Midna, Tingle, and Wind Waker Link as potential choices, there's no way that Sakurai will not only not add anyone new, but will rather have less than last time.
Pokémon - Same thing as above, but even more so. None of the Pokéreps on your list represent the current generation.
Star Fox - I'd like to see Falco, but I also accept that SF doesn't really need three reps.
Kirby - Just fine (although I wouldn't complain if I saw the trio of animal helpers!)
Wario - I'd like to see Mona or Jimmy T. added to this series.
Kid Icarus - I won't hold the lack of Eggplant Wizard against anyone, I'll simply say "hey, it'd be awesome!".
Donkey Kong - DK is Nintendo's fourth biggest series, I can't see it getting any less than three.
Mother - Just fine.
Fire Emblem - No way they'll axe Marth. Original Lord, series emblem is his sword, starring in an upcoming game, total of three starring roles including the DS game. And on top of that, he's a fast, swift swordfighter, compared to Ike's slow power.
Pikmin - Yes, totally needs in.
Golden Sun - I try not to hide my disbelief that Golden Sun will have a playable rep. It was good then, but no one remembers it unless they think about the games they used to play on the GBA.
MegaMan - Just fine.

Overall, 7/10. I was dismayed at first with your lack of any new reps from major series (less reps in a couple of cases), but you didn't go overboard on the smaller ones, and even added some nifty characters like Olimar.

And finally, del's.

Super Mario Bros. Franchise: - Having a rep for the Mario RPGs is something I never considered, and makes me dislike Paper Mario less. However, I don't really think it needs representation. I could see a Paper Mario costume.
Yoshi Franchise: - Perhaps, but I consider Yoshi to just be an off-shoot of Mario rather than a spin-off; that is, it's not so much a second series but rather an icon for Yoshi.
Wario Ware Franchise: - Mona please?
Legend of Zelda Franchise: - I could live with Vaati, although I prefer Tingle.
Fire Emblem Franchise: - ? Ike's from the newest games, isn't he?
Kid Icarus Franchise: - EGGPLANT WIZARD
Mii Franchise: - I don't see it, especially with the DS icon and Miis used as player avatars.
Custom Robo Franchise: - Good.
Fantasy Franchise: - Perhaps, but if anyone gets in, it should be someone more universal in notability, like the Moogle. In fact, it doesn't even have to be from FF. Slime!
Bomberman Franchise: - I'm only expecting one third party franchise... although this more than FF.
Golden Sun Franchise: - Good, but it's kind of died down.
Nintendo Wars Franchise: - Thank you. No one really cares about this series around here. Although I believe that Will, the star of the next AW game (which comes out about 2/3 of a month before SSBB), should get in.

And in picking your WTF characters, I made some changes to give your list 43 characters. I believe that you need Animal Crosser on your list, and a DS character (possibly Dr. Lobe), and I'd like to see Muddy Mole, Chibi-Robo, Takamaru, Lip, and Mike Jones.

Overall, 9/10. Definitely good. Not much to say - you have a great balance of realistic choices and WTF choices. Not giving too many franchises too much representation, while at the same time not ignoring the smaller franchises.

Also, on the comment that they would have revealed the AC Human before anything else, prove it. I challenge you to give me a shred of evidence that Sakurai would have done this if he was going to include the ACer in the first place.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
What the hell, I'll give it a shot

Mario:

Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Bowser Jr
Geno

DK:

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
K. Rool

Zelda:

Link
Zelda (No Sheik)
Ganondorf
Midna
Young Link (Wind Waker themed)

Metroid:

Samus
Ridley
Dark Samus

Mother:

Lucas
Claus

F-Zero

Captain Falcon

Fire Emblem:

Marth
Ike
Micaiah

Kirby:

Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

Star Fox:

Fox
Falco
Krystal
Wolf

Pokemon:

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Pokemon Trainer
Lucario

Wario:

Wario

Yoshi:

Yoshi
Kamek

Pikmin:

C. Olimar

Golden Sun:

Isaac

Custom Robo:

Ray 01

Retro:

Pit
Ice Climbers
Mr Game and Watch
Sukapon

Third Party:

Sonic
Megaman
Snake
Bomberman
Pacman

I don't know if I forgot anyone, it's big, but whatever, feedback?
Nice roster Vesper

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
Mario Characters
Mario
Luigi
Peach
King Bowser
Bowser Jr.

Legend of Zelda Characters
Link
Zelda
Sheik
Gannondorf
Midna

Kirby Characters
Kirby
Metaknight
King Dedede

Pokemon Characters
Pikachu
Mewtwo
Pokemon Trainer
Jigglypuff

Wario Characters
Wario

Yoshi Characters
Yoshi

Fire Emblem Characters
Ike
Marth

Mother characters
Lucas
Claus

Fox/Lylat Characters
Fox
Crystal
Wolf

Metroid Characters
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Ridley

Ice Climber Characters
Popo and Nana together. (Ice Climbers... XD)

F-Zero Characters
Captain Falcon

Animal Crossing Characters
Animal Crossing Player

Square Enix Characters
Geno

Sega Charactes
Sonic

Metal Solid Characters
Snake

Kid Icarus Characters
Pit

Donkey Kong Characters
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
K. King Rool

Pikmin Characters
Captain Olimar

Bomberman Characters
Bomberman

Megaman Characters
Megaman

Golden Sun Characters
Issac

43 Characters, perfect amount? XD

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Add one more mario rep and two more zelda reps
No thanks. I believe Zelda is best represented with the three main characters. The rest are just unnecessary. Mario doesn't need anymore reps than I gave it either. I would have had Toad, but he's deconfirmed. Beyond that there really aren't any characters worthy of making it.

also remove Animal Crossing Human because if we were get a rep for a new series it would have been showen first.
Sorry... but I don't quite understand this logic. It's not proven.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Ok, here I got.

Mario

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr/Shadow Mario
Geno (All signs point to him being in, and I consider him a Mario rep)

Yoshi

Yoshi

WarioWare

Wario

Legend of Zelda

Link
Zelda (No Shiek, it doesnt fit)
Gannondorf (TP Model)

(No Y. Link here, any variation, I just dont think hes got a chance)

Kirby

Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight

Fire Emblem

Ike

I dont see any others joining Ike. Marth isnt coming back folks, face the facts.

Star Fox

Fox
Krystal
Falco (New Moveset)

Retro

Pit
ICs
Mr. GaW (Hes so original, hes gotta come back)

Pokemon

Pikachu
Pkmn Trainer
Mewtwo (Original Moveset, maybe a few changes, hell be back)
Lucario (Sakurai is bound to put him in, hes different, and a fighting type)

F-Zero

Captain Falcon

Donkey Kong

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
K. Rool

Pikmin

Captain Olimar

Third-Party

Snake
Sonic
Megaman

Metroid

Samus
Zamus
Ridley

Earthbound

Lucas
Claus

Golden Sun

Isaac

Ive got 39 characters. Maybe theres be more, maybe a little less, but I think its a good number.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Nice roster Vesper
Thanks, I think it's a little wishful thinking on my part to have 50+ chars, but it would be great.

Ok, here I got.

Mario

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr/Shadow Mario
Geno (All signs point to him being in, and I consider him a Mario rep)

Yoshi

Yoshi

WarioWare

Wario

Legend of Zelda

Link
Zelda (No Shiek, it doesnt fit)
Gannondorf (TP Model)

(No Y. Link here, any variation, I just dont think hes got a chance)

Kirby

Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight

Fire Emblem

Ike

I dont see any others joining Ike. Marth isnt coming back folks, face the facts.

Star Fox

Fox
Krystal
Falco (New Moveset)

Retro

Pit
ICs
Mr. GaW (Hes so original, hes gotta come back)

Pokemon

Pikachu
Pkmn Trainer
Mewtwo (Original Moveset, maybe a few changes, hell be back)
Lucario (Sakurai is bound to put him in, hes different, and a fighting type)

F-Zero

Captain Falcon

Donkey Kong

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
K. Rool

Pikmin

Captain Olimar

Third-Party

Snake
Sonic
Megaman

Metroid

Samus
Zamus
Ridley
You forgot the Mother series, shame on you!

Machspeed

Smash Lord
I would love that roster you have Vesper. Even though its a big size-wise, you included K. Rool, Geno, Captain Olimar AND Claus.

Looks very good in my opinion. :p

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
also remove Animal Crossing Human because if we were get a rep for a new series it would have been showen first.
Why would someone remove them he/she would be awsome... And one of the first non fighting games to be in a fighting game... And Animal Crossing has EVERYTHING else... So it's fair they get a playable.

g-juice656

Smash Cadet
especially with sonic in brawl you are kidding me the game is going to be the best and im going to rite a lot comments so your thread gets bigger!!!!

g-juice656

Smash Cadet
i hope shadow gets in brawl he would look good with his gun and him working with sonic sounds fun rite!!!!??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom