• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Argue YOUR final roster!

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I come from the land of the ice and snow..
All right, let me give this a whirl...

Mario
1. Mario
2. Peach
3. Bowser
4. Luigi
5. Paper Mario
6. Geno

Notes:I'd kind of like to see Waluigi, but he has no chance, and therefore no place in my roster. Everything else is pretty standard.

Zelda
7. Link
8. Zelda+Sheik
9. Ganondorf(Revamped moveset)
10. Young Link(WW style)
11. Tingle

Notes: Midna is a one-off character who's only popular because she's recent, and Brawl seems to be going with a TP look. That said, Tingle is recurring, and will likely appear again. Also, he would have an incredibly unique moveset. Most Americans, for whatever reason, seem to hate him, but I think he's hilarious. His chances aren't as high as Midna, unfortunately, but it's Sakurai's decision.

Kirby
12. Kirby
13. Meta Knight
14. King Dedede

Pokemon
15. Pikachu
16. Pokemon Trainer
17. Jigglypuff
18. Mewtwo
19. Lucario

Notes: Nothing special here, although I am predicting Mewtwo will be a lot less awkward, and his Down+B and Side+B will be changed into something...y'know...useful.

Star Fox
20. Fox
21. Falco
22. Krystal

Notes: I hate Falco. I -really- dislike Falco. Unfortunately, he will be back. Hopefully, he will at least have a new moveset, so that I can hate him a little less.

Donkey Kong
23. Donkey Kong
24. Diddy Kong
25. K. Rool

Notes: I like K. Rool, so sue me. If Star Fox can get 3 reps, Donkey Kong is way overdue for at least the same amount.

Fire Emblem
26. Ike
27. Micaiah
28. Soren or Hector(can't decide)

Notes: Yeah, I don't like Marth. You can tell me that Ike and Marth are totally different until the cows come home, and Marth is super important, yadda yadda. I see two blue-haired sword users. I -love- Fire Emblem, I have every one that's come Stateside. With that said, Fire Emblem is more than blue haired sword users, and I believe that its limited representation in Brawl(no more than 3) should reflect that.

Warioware
29. Wario

Notes: Why does anybody think Ashley seriously has a shot? I mean, come on...Ashley?! She hasn't even been in all the games, and there are dozens of people that should get in before Ashley even becomes an Assist Trophy, as far as I'm concerned. Maybe Mona, or Jimmy, but Ashley? Don't think so.

Mother
30. Lucas
31. Claus

Notes: Haven't played any Mother games, but Claus looks pretty original. As for Ness? Out with the old, in with the new.

Ice Climbers
32. Ice Climbers

Game and Watch
33. Game and Watch

Notes: Say what you want about the icon theory. It's going chronologically, and a gap between Fire Emblem and Ice Climbers can only mean one thing. I'm glad, too. I love this little guy.

Metroid
34. Samus/Zero Suit Samus
35. Ridley

Notes: Whoops, almost forgot about Metroid. Uh..yeah, Ridley...Whatever.

Yoshi
36. Yoshi

Golden Sun
37. Isaac

Notes: Anybody's roster that doesn't include Isaac is automatic phail, as far as I'm concerned. He's a better choice than almost every other character suggestion I've seen(I'm looking at you, Ashley). Nintendo-owned, critically and commercially acclaimed series, possible sequel in the works, incredible moveset potential, how can he -not- get in? Unfortunately, with the amount of fanboys and the like running around, this great character might be cut in favor of such gems as Blaziken, Tails, and Wolf O' Donnell.

Pikmin
38. Captain Olimar

Notes: I've yet to play Pikmin, but anyone that enslaves an entire alien race for profit is A-OK in my books.

Animal Crossing
39. Somebody

Notes: Yeah, no clue who, but "heroes always arrive late"...

Third Party
40. Solid M-F Snake(Whoooo!)
41. Sonic
42. Mega Man
43. Black Mage(or Sora, I'm good either way)
44. Bomberman

Notes: Honestly, i would MUCH rather see Ryu than Mega Man. Maybe I haven't played enough Mega Man games, but despite his iconic status, I don't think we need him in Brawl. Samus already has a charge shot and Kirby already steals people's powers. Now, I don't know what kind of moveset they can make for Mega Man without stealing people's powers, because that's his most prominent ability in my mind, or how they would implement that without being a ripoff of Kirby. Even so, Mega Man is cool by me, provided Sakurai finds a way around these things.

Kid Icarus
45. Pit

Notes: Ahaha, I just realized I almost forgot one of the coolest new additions. Yeah, pretty happy to see Pit here, he was definitely unexpected. Which brings me to my last section..

Curve-Ball
46. ?

Notes: Who knows what else Sakurai has up his sleeve? 46 seems like a bit much, and that's not even counting transformations, but I wanted to get out everyone I wanted. I don't think anybody on this roster is that outlandish(except Tingle, and maybe some of my FE guys, lawl). I'm sure Sakurai will manage to find a way to surprise us though. I'm hoping for Shigeru Miyamoto as a character, personally.

Well, that's all, folks. Man...that was long. Anyways, if you took the time to read this, thank you. I realize this is a pretty safe roster, but I don't like making total wishlists, I like everything in mine to be feasible. This game's been in development for a loooong time, and I will be disappointed with anything less than 40 character slots(obviously more characters, counting transformations). Once again, thanks if you actually read this.

EDIT: OMG! Almost forgot!

F-Zero
47. Captain Falcon
48. Captain Falcon's Knee

Notes: Since Goroh was deconfirmed, the Knee is the most likely second candidate for F-Zero, as it has appeared in every game so far, and is (part of) the protagonist in all of these games.

Viscano

Smash Apprentice
My top 25 wanted characters (returning or newcomers) #1 being my most wanted and #40 still wanted, but not as much.

1. Ridley(Metroid)
2. Captain Olimar(Pikmin
3. Nightmare (Soul Calibur)
4. Mr. Game & Watch(Game and Watch)
5. King K Rool.(DK)
6. Megaman (Megaman)
7. Bomberman (Bomberman)
8. Banjo and Kazooie(Banjo Kazooie)
9. Mewtwo(Pokemon)
10. Captain Falcon(F-Zero)
11. Ganondorf (new moveset)(LoZ)
12. Lucario(Pokemon)
13. Blaziken(Pokemon)
14. Geno(SMRPG)
15. Jigglypuff(Pokemon)
16. Marth(Fire Emblem)
17. Falco(new moveset)(Star Fox)
18. Krystal(Star Fox)
19. Cloud(Final Fantasy 7)
20. Vivi(black mage)(Final Fantasy 9)
21. Cel shaded Link( LoZ: Wind Waker)
22. Sukapon(Joy Mecha Fight)
23. Dark Samus(MP2-3)
24. Trace(MPH)
25. Sylux(MPH)

The Final Roster would be

1. Mario
2. Peach
3. Bowser
4. Geno
5. Luigi
6. Link
7. Zelda
8. Ganondorf
9. Cel shaded Link
10. Kirby
11. Meta Knight
12. King Dedede
13. Pikachu
14. Mewtwo
15. Jigglypuff
16.Lucario
17. Blaziken
18. Pokemon Trainer
19. Fox
20. Falco
21. Krystal
22. Samus
23. Ridley
24. Sylux
25. Trace
26. Dark Samus
27. DK
28. Diddy Kong
29. King K Rool
30. Yoshi
31. Ice Climbers
32. Captain Falcon
33. Captain Olimar
34. Nightmare
35. Game & Watch
36. Megaman
37. Bomberman
38. Banjo and Kazooie
39. Marth
40. Cloud
41. Vivi
42. Sukapon

Whew, this took me a while to write up...:psycho:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Klol.

Mario:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Geno

LOZ:
WWLINK
Link
Zelda
Ganondorf

Pokemon:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon trainer
Mewtwo OR another poke rep.

Mother/Earthbound:
Lucas
Claus

Fire Emblem:
Marth
Ike
Michiah

Starfox:
Fox
Falco
Krystal

New franchises:
Isaac
Captain Olimar
Animal Crosser?
DeMille
Captain falcon

Kirby:
King dedede
Kirby
Meta-knight

Retro:
G&W
Ice climbers
Pit
Muddy mole
Takamaru OR Sukapon

DK:
Diddy
Donkey kong
K Rool

Metroid:
Samus
Ridley

Other mario franchises:
Wario
Yoshi

Third-Party's
Sonic
Snake
Megaman
Sora (Ye it won't happen >:[ I know.)

45 Characters! yay!

If i had to cut off 5 To make it more realistic (Not in any order.)
Sora
DeMille
Muddy mole
K Rool or Michiah
-No other good one to cut-

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Mario Series

Mario (Corfirmed)
Peach (Corfirmed)
Bowser (Corfirmed)
Luigi
Geno
Bower Jr.

Kirby Series

Kirby (Corfirmed)
Meta Knight (Corfirmed)
King Dedede (Corfirmed) (WOO HOO One of my predictions came true!)

Legend of Zelda Series

Link (Corfirmed)
Zelda/(Shiek?) (I hope Shiek is confirmed.) (Corfirmed)
Ganondorf

Metroid Series

Samus/ZSS (Corfirmed)
Ridley

Fox Series

Fox (Corfirmed)
Krystal (We need more woman)
Falco

DK Series

Donkey Kong (Corfirmed)
Diddy Kong (Corfirmed)

Pokemon Series

Pikachu (Corfirmed)
Pokemon Trainer (Corfirmed)
Jigglypuff (Maybe, but I hate it though)
Lucario

Fire Emblem Series

Ike (Corfirmed)
Micaiah

Mother Series

Lucas (Corfirmed)
Claus

Yoshi Series

Yoshi (Corfirmed)

Warioware Series

Wario (Corfirmed)

Kid Icarus Series

Pit (Corfirmed)

Ice Climbers Series

Ice Climbers (Corfirmed)

F-Zero Series

Captain Falcon

Animal Crossing Series

AC Human (I wonder how will Sakurai name him)

Metal Gear Series

Snake (Corfirmed)

Sonic Series

Sonic (Corfirmed)
Tails
Knuckles

Other Characters

Megaman
Captain Olimar
Sora

Total 42 characters
This is my dream roster. Satisfy most fans I hope.

Nibwoddle

Smash Apprentice
Mine:

All so far announced characters, plus:

Ridley
Knuckles
Shadow
Bowser Jr/Shadow Mario
Noxus
Krystal
Sylux
Luigi (Now with Poltergust 3000)
Mewtwo
Lucario
Jigglypuff
Megaman
Blaziken
Sceptile
Swampert
WW Link
Ganondorf
Shiek
C. Falcon
Claus
And maybe Geno...

Here I go. Doing a maximum of 50, just for fun.

Mario:

Mario - Already in
Princess Peach - Already in
Bowser - Already in
Luigi - Self-explanatory
Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario - Has been in every Mario platformer since Sunshine, and is arguably the villain of Sunshine and the "stand-in" villain of New SMB until Bowser is revived

Pokémon:

Pikachu - Already in
Pokémon Trainer - Already in
Jigglypuff - He wouldn't just throw away a perfectly good moveset
Mewtwo - Read above - and on top of that, easily the second most popular Pokémon in the series
Lucario - Best choice for a fourth gen representative

The Legend of Zelda:

Link - Already in
Princess Zelda - Already in
Ganondorf - Need I explain?
Young Link - Most common iteration, and most popular in Japan
Tingle - Already has a spin-off series with two games, and is one of the most common characters in the series behind Link, Zelda, and Ganon.

Donkey Kong:

Donkey Kong - Already in
Diddy Kong - Already in
King K. Rool - DK needs an adversary, and not only that, but K. Rool is well-known and would make for an interesting moveset, especially if he utilizes all of his costumes.

Kirby:

Kirby - Already in
Meta Knight - Already in
King Dedede - Already in

Metroid:

Samus Aran - Already in
Ridley - Easily the most notable enemy in Metroid, and has been in five of the nine released Metroid games (and he's not too big!)

Animal Crossing:

Animal Crosser - Series is immensely popular worldwide (selling 1.5 million in the states, 2 million in PAL regions, and 4.5 million in Japan), the series already has a series icon, two pieces of music, an Assist Trophy, a stage, and an item

Yoshi:

Yoshi - Already in

Wario:

Wario - Already in
Mona - Female rep FTW? Also, would make for an interesting moveset, and is certainly well-known

Star Fox:

Fox McCloud - Already in
Falco Lombardi - Not necessarily a clone - he could have a variety of different weapons
Krystal - Voice actress is working on SSBB, and is definitely an important character to the series

Fire Emblem:

Ike - Already in
Marth - The original Lord, has the Falchion (symbol of FE)

Advance Wars:

Will - Advance Wars is a fairly popular series, and deserves more representation than a flat 2D Assist Trophy; on top of that, he's the star of an Advance Wars being released only half a month before SSBB

F-Zero:

Captain Falcon - Series icon, self-explanatory

Mother:

Lucas - Already in

Kid Icarus:

Pit - Already in
Eggplant Wizard - Full of win and awesome

Ice Climber:

Ice Climbers - Already in

Game & Watch:

Mr. Game & Watch - The 13th series icon has GOT to be his

DS:

Professor Layton - Star of an extremely popular series of video games for the DS (and extremely great)

Others:

Captain Olimar - Pikmin is both new and popular [and if he doesn't make it in SSBB, he won't make it in SSB4 unless Pikmin 3 is released]
Starfi - Fairly popular star of a four-game series
Ray MK - Custom Robo's been important to Nintendo for quite a while (and if I'm not mistaken, no character in SSB/M/B was introduced on the N64)
Mike Jones - Great American-only rep, would help to promote StarTropics when it gets a VC release
Takamaru - Good katana user, and apparently well-liked by Sakurai
Lip - From a great puzzle game, has plenty of moveset potential
Muddy Mole - Great game, great WTF character, acknowledged by Sakurai and shown interest in by Sakurai

Third parties:

Solid Snake - Already in
Sonic the Hedgehog - Already in
Bomberman - Hudson has close ties to Nintendo, and Bomberman's crossed over with Nintendo games before

Notes: Yeah, I don't like Marth. You can tell me that Ike and Marth are totally different until the cows come home, and Marth is super important, yadda yadda. I see two blue-haired sword users. I -love- Fire Emblem, I have every one that's come Stateside. With that said, Fire Emblem is more than blue haired sword users, and I believe that its limited representation in Brawl(no more than 3) should reflect that.
Uh.

Huh?

I didn't realize that blue hair and swords are extremely important. I was under the impression that actually important differences were a bit more important. Like, yknow, the fact that Marth's sword is lighter and faster, that Marth is faster, that he can jump higher, that his moveset is different, etc. Oh, and that the Castle Siege stage is not any one FE character's stage, and that the series icon is Marth's weapon. And that Marth has had two games so far. And that Marth is going to be starring in an upcoming DS game. And that Marth's moveset already exists, so there would be no point in eliminating a popular, well-known everywhere character.

hello_kitty

Smash Journeyman
my roster: (red = my adds/unconfirmed)

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Geno ....he was part of Mario RPG's first and started it.
Paulina
.... she was part of Mario's beginning and started it.

Link
Zelda
Ganondorf...he was in Melee, and is the main villain, so should come back.
Midna
Tingle.....he's really popular, and has his own game, would be a cool addition
Vaati
.....he can add the the villain count, and he would actually be a new character, not another character in a 2nd version.

Pikachu
Jigglypuff...the puff, idk I just put her.
Mewtwo
....A villain for every section, ^_^
Pkmon trainer (3 characters here)

Ike
Micaiah....well she's a main hero and has her own game.
Elincia
.....If Claus get's in as the 2nd character, then they should represent the newest FE era, and put her as the 3rd character.

Fox
Krystal....idk she's almost a shoe in

Lucas
Claus/Kumatora....Claus becuase he is very popular/fad and has Sakurai's attention, or Kumatora since she could add to the female count and is also a main character.

Captain Syrup....she could serve as retro, and she would represent the other half of Wario.
Wario

DK
Diddy
K. Rool....he's the main villain
Dixie
....in Donkey Kong Country series, and Donkey Kong Land she was actually more important than DK, she's had her own game 3 times, and is the 3rd most iconic character for that series.

Captain Falcon
Jody Summer/Black Shadow....she was the only character out of her entire game that got a trophy in Melee, the most iconic female of that series and actually plays more importance than Goroh...Black Shadow is the main villain, well one of them.

Samus
Riley....main villain

Kirby
Metaknight
King 3D

Yoshi
Alexandra Roivas....Smash bros is representing all of it's genre's from puzzle to adventure, all it needs is horror and she's the best choice.
Lip....A way better puzzle rep than Dr. Mario, she's female, and has Sakurai's attention.
Stafy & Stapy....they would be cool as an IC team, could be the next Japan only character.
AC'er, same reason as Alex's....except a different genre
Olimar
....he's well supported.

Pit
Ice Climbers
Muddy Mole.....Rumors has it that Sakurai likes him.
Ayumi Tachibana.....her series is well supported and is the character that gets most attention, and she's female.
Balloon Fighter (the girl for more originality)
.....Balloon Fighter (girl) would have an original look and represent all that series.

Snake
Sonic
Bomberman....much more original than a Samus/Mewtwo similar, plus he is cute ^_^ I added him on my account.

El_Duderino

Smash Apprentice
My own list of what I'd like to see. I know some popular characters aren't in here...that's not a mistake. I wouldn't get irritated if they were in the final version, though. I know some characters widely considered to have no chance are in here too. But as they fit the requirements for new characters, they do have at least a small chance, and it would be fun to see how it all turns out. The only problem is with the third party characters, of which I probably have too many.

Mario
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Paper Mario
King Boo

Yoshi
Yoshi
Kamek

Wario
Wario

Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool

Legend of Zelda
Link
WW Link
Zelda
Ganondorf

Pokemon
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Pokemon Trainer

F Zero
Captain Falcon

Metroid
Samus
Ridley

Starfox
Fox
Falco
Wolf

Kirby
Kirby
Metaknight
King Dedede

Kid Icarus
Pit
Eggplant Wizard

Ice Climbers
Ice Climbers

Fire Emblem
Ike
Marth
Black Knight

Mother
Lucas
Ness

Golden Sun
Isaac

Pikmin
Captain Olimar

Animal Crossing
Crosser

Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch

3rd Party
Solid Snake
Sonic
Megaman
Bomberman
Alexandra Roivas

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I come from the land of the ice and snow..
@ Snitch:

All right, I guess I exaggerated a bit with Marth. What my point was, is that because Fire Emblem will not get more than 3 guys, and that's a stretch, there should be a little diversity. Fast sword-wielder vs. Slow sword-wielder isn't enough of a difference for me, personally.

I guess I wouldn't be devastated if Marth came back, but I do feel that a magic-user would represent the series better, and Ike is arguably the face of Fire Emblem to everyone outside Japan, I would think. Or not, since Marth was the first FE character we ever saw. /shrug

Now, if I may criticize your roster: Takamaru, Lip(she's Japanese only, right?), Starfy, = too many Japanese only characters, especially since Lucas is already in. I would say the same about Takamaru, but I believe his chances are actually realistic, even though I'm not too thrilled about him.

Also, where's Isaac, yo? But, good roster nonetheless :) I agree with most everything else, and props for having the cojones to put Eggplant Wizard in.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
I've posted in this thread before. But I don't care.

Mario:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Kamek (Kamek is just awesome, plus he is a magic user, giving a more diverse character from the norm)

YOshi:
Yoshi
LoZ:
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondof
Vaati (He's avillan, he's been a major villian in the handheld Zelda games, plus he could have a bomb-*** moveset. On top of that, he has the cartoony style giving cartoon-zelda a rep instead of WW Link)

DK:
DK
Diddy
K. Rool (He's just badass)

Kirby:
Kirby
Meta-Knight
DDD

F-Zero:
C. Falcon
Deathborn (awesome scary-*** mofo)

Pokemon:
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
Jiggs
Mew2

Starfox:
Fox
Krystal
Wolf
(Falco can go eat a ****)

Earthbound/Mother:
Lucas (I don't think there will be any other Mother chars besides Lucas, The rest of the world won't know the other Mother3 characters)

Metroid:
Samsu
Dark Samus
Ridley
(Boh villians that are made of awesome)

Fire Emblem:
Ike
Marth
Roy
(Roy won't be a clone in brawl if he's in, plus, Marth and Roy helped localize FE in the staes and PAL, they deserve a playaable spot. And I heard the Roy's VA is back in brawl.)

Other/2nd PArty:
Agent J
Ray 01
(Alot of people want a haldheld rep, J is an excellent character to do so. I don't think Golden Sun was very popular (I may be wrong), and J is pretty well known throughout the world, plus SSBB is lacking a music-based character. J is perfect for the job)

Retro:
ICs
Pit
Mr GAW
Balloon Fighter
Skapon
(BF was in the beta for melee IIRC, and Skapon is a Robot

3rD party:
Snake
Sonic
Ryu (Street Fighter) (SFIV, and capcom's tendancies is when crossing over with fighting games, Ryu is fron man to jump in the fray to fight Rugal or Maneto or something)

Magmar's Wrath

Smash Journeyman
Mario Bros.
1.) Mario
2.) Luigi
3.) Peach
4.) Daisy
5.) Bowser
6.) Geno

WarioWare
7.) Wario
8.) Waluigi
9.) Ashley

Yoshi's Story
10.) Yoshi.
11.) Bowser Jr.

Donkey Kong Country
12.) Donkey Kong
13.) Diddy Kong
14.) King K. Rool

Star Fox
15.) Fox McCloud
16.) Krystal
17.) Wolf O'Donnell

Metroid
18.) Samus Aran
19.) Ridley
20.) Dark Samus

Legend of Zelda
21.) Link
22.) Zelda
23.) Ganondorf
24.) Midna

Pokémon
25.) Pikachu
26.) Jigglypuff
27.) Pokémon Trainer
28.) Blaziken
29.) Lucario

Ice Climber
30.) Ice Climbers

Kirby's Dream Land
31.) Kirby
32.) Meta Knight
33.) King Dedede

Kid Icarus
34.) Pit

Fire Emblem
35.) Ike

Metal Gear Solid
36.) Snake

Earthbound/Mother
37.) Lucas

Sonic the Hedgehog
38.) Sonic

Resident Evil
39.) Jill Valentine
40.) Leon Kennedy

Animal Crossing
41.) Tom Nook

Game & Watch Series
42.) Mr. Game & Watch

Pikmin
43.) Captain Olimar

F-Zero
44.) Captain Falcon

Other
45.) Phoenix Wright
46.) Shantae
47.) Sora
48.) MegaMan
49.) Bomberman
50.) Viewtiful Joe

50 seems like much. But this is MY final roster. ;)

del-boy

Smash Journeyman
Here is my if characters list if there are 50 characters in brawl.

Super Mario Bros. Franchise:
1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Peach
4. Bowser
5. Bowser Jr.
6. Paper Mario

Yoshi Franchise:
7. Yoshi
8. Kamek

Donkey Kong Franchise:
9. Donkey Kong
10. Diddy Kong
11. King K. Rool

Wario Ware Franchise:
12. Wario

Legend of Zelda Franchise:
13. Link
14. Zelda/Sheik
15. Ganondorf
16. Wind Waker Link (Midna if they are not putting alt versions of characters)
17. Vaati (Midna if they are going to make a sbbds)

Pokemon Franchise:
18. Pikachu
19. Pokemon Trainer
20. Jigglypuff
21. Mewtwo
22. Lucario

Kirby Franchise:
23. Kirby
24. Meta-Knight
25. King Dedede

Star Fox Franchise:
26. Fox
27. Falco
28. Krystal

Metroid Franchise:
29. Samus
30. Ridley

F-Zero Franchise:
31. Captain Falcon
32. Black Shadow

Earthbound Franchise:
33. Lucas
34. Masked Man

Fire Emblem Franchise:
35. Ike
36. Marth
37. Micaiah

Ice Climber Franchise:
38. Ice Climbers

Kid Icarus Franchise:
39. Pit

Metal Gear Franchise:
40. Snake

Game & Watch Franchise:
41. Mr. Game & Watch

Pikmin Franchise:
42. Captain Olimar

Sonic the Hedgehog Franchise:
43. Sonic

Mii Franchise:
44. Mii

Custom Robo Franchise:
45. Ray MK. III

Final Fantasy Franchise:
46. Warrior of Light or Cecil Harvey

Bomberman Franchise:
47. Bomberman

Densetsu no Stafy Franchise:
48. Stafy

Golden Sun Franchise:
49. Isaac

Nazo no Murasame-jō
50. Takamaru

Please rate my list.

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
Note: A * next to the name means I'm guessing they will be unlockable.

Mario

1-Mario
2-Peach
3-Boozer
4-Yoshi (I am not giving this guy his own section)
5-Luigi* - Yeah . . . He's not out. Simple as that.
6-Boozer Jr.* - Miyamoto is pushing Sakurai for this, I know it.

Legend of Zelda

7-Link
8-Zelda/Sheik - Sheik is in. Her model has already been mailed
9-Ganandorf* - Not including him would be blasphemy. His model was mailed as well.

Kirby

10-Kirby
11-Meta Knight
12-King DeDeDe

Metroid

13-S/Zamus
14-Ridley* - When you score high on a Japanese poll and are the main villain of a game 15series, your chances are good enough for me.

Pokemon

15-Pikachu
16-Pokemon Trainer
17-Jigglypuff* - Well, actually, I'm not enitrely sure on this one. Jiggly is my main in Melee, and I just can't fathom letting her go.
18-Mewtwo* - This is another character that would be foolish of Sakurai to remove.

Donkey Kong

19-Donkey Kong
20-Diddy Kong

Fire Emblem

21-Ike
22-Marth
23-Micaiah* - This is my own hope speaking. I just want a FE character who doesn't use a freakin' sword.

Earthbound/Mother

24-Lucas

Starfox

25-Fox
26-Falco

WarioWare

27-Wario

F-Zero

28-Captain Falcon

Retro

29-Pit
30-Ice Climbers
31-G&W*

Third Party

32-Sonic*
33-Snake*
34-Open for debate between Mega Man and Geno*

Since we don't know what goes on in Sakurai's head, I'm going to mark off 2 or 3 more notches for WTF characters we never expected on the totem of Smash.

Edit: I forgot Olimar, but I'm too lazy to actually add him to the list.

del-boy

Smash Journeyman
Note: A * next to the name means I'm guessing they will be unlockable.

Mario

1-Mario
2-Peach
3-Boozer
6-Boozer Jr.* - Miyamoto is pushing Sakurai for this, I know it.

Legend of Zelda

7-Link
9-Ganandorf* - Not including him would be blasphemy. His model was mailed as well.

Kirby

10-Kirby
11-Meta Knight
12-King DeDeDe

Metroid

13-S/Zamus
14-Ridley* - When you score high on a Japanese poll and are the main villain of a game 15series, your chances are good enough for me.

Pokemon

15-Pikachu
16-Pokemon Trainer
17-Jigglypuff* - Well, actually, I'm not enitrely sure on this one. Jiggly is my main in Melee, and I just can't fathom letting her go.
18-Mewtwo* - This is another character that would be foolish of Sakurai to remove.

Donkey Kong

19-Donkey Kong
20-Diddy Kong

Fire Emblem

21-Ike
22-Marth
23-Micaiah* - This is my own hope speaking. I just want a FE character who doesn't use a freakin' sword.

Earthbound/Mother

24-Lucas

Starfox

25-Fox
26-Falco

WarioWare

27-Wario

F-Zero

28-Captain Falcon

Retro

29-Pit
30-Ice Climbers
31-G&W*

Third Party

32-Sonic*
33-Snake*
34-Open for debate between Mega Man and Geno*

Since we don't know what goes on in Sakurai's head, I'm going to mark off 2 or 3 more notches for WTF characters we never expected on the totem of Smash.

Edit: I forgot Olimar, but I'm too lazy to actually add him to the list.
1. 34 characters is too low, make it 44 characters.

2. Zelda franchise will not have less characters than in melee.

D

Deleted member

Green = Confirmed

Mario Bros. Reps
1. Mario -CONFIRMED
2. Luigi
3. Peach - CONFIRMED
4. Bowser - CONFIRMED
5. Geno

Alternate Mario Reps

6. Wario - CONFIRMED
7. Yoshi - CONFIRMED

Pokemon Reps
8. Pikachu - CONFIRMED
9. Pokemon Trainer - Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard - CONFIRMED
10. Jigglypuff
11. Mewtwo
12. Lucario

Donkey Kong Reps
13. Donkey Kong - CONFIRMED
14. Diddy Kong - CONFIRMED
15. King K. Rool

Legend of Zelda Reps

16. Link - CONFIRMED
17. Ganondorf
18. Zelda/Shiek - CONFIRMED
19. Midna

Metroid Reps
20. Samus/Zero Suit Samus - CONFIRMED
21. Ridley

Star Fox Reps
22. Fox - CONFIRMED
23. Krystal
24. Falco
25. Wolf

Kirby's Dreamland Reps

26. Kirby - CONFIRMED
27. Meta Knight - CONFIRMED
28. King Dedede - CONFIRMED

Fire Emblem Reps

29. Ike - CONFIRMED
30. Black Night

Mother Reps

31. Lucas - CONFIRMED
32. Claus

F-Zero Reps

33. Capt. Falcon
34. Black Shadow

Third Party Reps

35. Snake (Metal Gear) - CONFIRMED
36. Sonic (Sonic the Hedgehog) - CONFIRMED
37. Megaman (Megaman)
38. Pacman (Pacman)

Retro Reps

39. Pit (Kid Icarus) - CONFIRMED
40. Takamaru (Nazo no Murasame-jo)
41. Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight)
42. Mr. Game and Watch (Game and Watch)
43. Ice Climbers (Ice Climber) - CONFIRMED

Single Reps

44. Isaac (Golden Sun)
45. Ray 01 (Custom Robo)
46. Captain Olimar (Pikmin)
47. Bomberman (Bomberman)

Opinions?

shadowyoshi2345

Smash Journeyman
Mario:

1. Mario
2. Peach
3. Yoshi
4. Bowser
5. Luigi
6. Geno

Legend of Zelda:

7. Link
8. Zelda/Sheik
9. Ganondorf (Final Smash- Ganon from Ocarina of Time)
10. WW Link

Metroid:

11. Samus
12. Ridley
13. Zero Suit (their should be a way to play as her as herself without having to be Samus and use FS)

Kirby:

14. Kirby
15. Metaknight
16. King Dedede

Mother:

17. Lucas
18. Ness

Pokemon:

19. Pikachu
20. Jigglypuff
21. Mewtwo
22. Pokemon Trainer
23. Lucario

Donkey Kong:

24. Donkey Kong
25. Diddy Kong
26. King K Rool

Star Fox:

27. Fox
28. Falco
29. Krystal

Fire Emblem:

30. Ike
31. Marth

F-Zero:

32. Captain Falcon

Wario Ware:

33. Wario (hopefully with an original Wario costume)

Others:

34. Game & Watch
35. Ice Climbers
36. Pit
37.Sonic
38. Snake
39. Megaman
40. Bomber Man
41. Stafy
42. Captain Olimar

I would love to have a lot more characters though

del-boy

Smash Journeyman
Green = Confirmed

Mario Bros. Reps
1. Mario -CONFIRMED
2. Luigi
3. Peach - CONFIRMED
4. Bowser - CONFIRMED
5. Geno

Alternate Mario Reps

6. Wario - CONFIRMED
7. Yoshi - CONFIRMED

Pokemon Reps
8. Pikachu - CONFIRMED
9. Pokemon Trainer - Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard - CONFIRMED
10. Jigglypuff
11. Mewtwo
12. Lucario

Donkey Kong Reps
13. Donkey Kong - CONFIRMED
14. Diddy Kong - CONFIRMED
15. King K. Rool

Legend of Zelda Reps

16. Link - CONFIRMED
17. Ganondorf
18. Zelda/Shiek - CONFIRMED
19. Midna

Metroid Reps
20. Samus/Zero Suit Samus - CONFIRMED
21. Ridley

Star Fox Reps
22. Fox - CONFIRMED
23. Krystal
24. Falco
25. Wolf

Kirby's Dreamland Reps

26. Kirby - CONFIRMED
27. Meta Knight - CONFIRMED
28. King Dedede - CONFIRMED

Fire Emblem Reps

29. Ike - CONFIRMED
30. Black Night

Mother Reps

31. Lucas - CONFIRMED
32. Claus

F-Zero Reps

33. Capt. Falcon
34. Black Shadow

Third Party Reps

35. Snake (Metal Gear) - CONFIRMED
36. Sonic (Sonic the Hedgehog) - CONFIRMED
37. Megaman (Megaman)
38. Pacman (Pacman)

Retro Reps

39. Pit (Kid Icarus) - CONFIRMED
40. Takamaru (Nazo no Murasame-jo)
41. Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight)
42. Mr. Game and Watch (Game and Watch)
43. Ice Climbers (Ice Climber) - CONFIRMED

Single Reps

44. Isaac (Golden Sun)
45. Ray 01 (Custom Robo)
46. Captain Olimar (Pikmin)
47. Bomberman (Bomberman)

Opinions?
1. Add Bowser Jr. and Vaati.

2. Get rid of Black knight and put Micaiah and Marth.

7.2 out of 10.

D

Deleted member

1. Add Bowser Jr. and Vaati.

2. Get rid of Black knight and put Micaiah and Marth.

7.2 out of 10.
I don't like Bowser Jr.
Who's Vaati?

Micaiah is actually a good choice so, I think Ill put her in. I dunno about Marth. To me I can't see Marth getting in without Roy. Black Night was a great character in Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn. I can't see him not getting in under Marth.

Thanks, btw. ^^

del-boy

Smash Journeyman
I don't like Bowser Jr.
Who's Vaati?

Micaiah is actually a good choice so, I think Ill put her in. I dunno about Marth. To me I can't see Marth getting in without Roy. Black Night was a great character in Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn. I can't see him not getting in under Marth.

Thanks, btw. ^^
Just because you don't like Bowser Jr. does not mean he will not be in because he looks very likely.

Vaati is the is the main antagonist of Four Swords, Four Swords Adventures and The Minish Cap.

Also you do that Marth and Royhave never been in a game with another apart from Melee.

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
I'm gonna do mine a bit differently:

Starting Veterans:
-Mario
-Link
-Pikachu
-Kirby
-Samus
-Fox
-Peach (starter in Melee, at E4All, and introduced pretty early in the SSE)
-Zelda (starter in Melee, and introduced pretty early in the SSE)
-Donkey Kong
-Yoshi
-Bowser (he was a starter in Melee and was at E4All)
-Ice Climbers (starter in Melee, and there's no reason to make them unlockable

Starting Newcomers:
-Meta Knight (He's in the original trailer, on the cover, and at E4All)
-Ike (At E4All, revealed pretty early and before launch, and there's really no reason for him to be unlockable)
-Diddy Kong (Introduced pretty early in the SSE, revealed pretty early and before launch, and at E4All)
-Pit (He's in the original trailer, on the cover, is introduced in the SSE pretty early, and was at E4All)
-Wario (See Pit)
-Pokemon Trainer (He's on the cover and was introduced pretty early on the site)
-Lucas (there's no reason for him to be unlockable, and he was revealed before laucnh)
-King Dedede (he's in the first event match, and was revealed before launch)

Veteran Unlockables:
-Jigglypuff (series staple)
-Captain Falcon (unlockable now for nostalgia purposes, and series staple)
-Luigi (series staple)
-Ganondorf (No reason to remove him, and the Aonuma interview supports him)
-Sheik (separate character this time around, popular, and the Aonuma interview supports her)
-Marth (has a good chance IMO, will most likely be in, unless they plan on replacing him with another Fire Emblem rep)
-Mr. Game and Watch (There's really no reason to remove him besides that he was somewhat unpopular, I think he'll be in)
-Mewtwo

Newcomer unlockables:
-Sonic (3rd party characters unlockable)
-Snake (see Sonic)
[I believe there will be 8 more characters after this, here are those that I believe are actually possible, that is, these are all only possibilites for a total that I believe will be 8]
-Lucario (Too popular not to get serious consideration)
-Krystal (might be an NPC or assist, only playable if Falco isn't)
-Geno (See Lucario)
-Ridley (Might be a boss actually)
-Olimar (He's pretty popular, and they need a Pikmin rep)
-Animal Crosser (don't flame me, I have my reasons)
-K. Rool (Maybe... I really don't know about this actually. The game needs more villains, not to mention he's somewhat popular)
-Isaac (Popular, and a Golden Sun rep would be nice)
-Bowser Jr. (Kind of popular, I think he'd be good)
-Megaman (Popular, and is always there for another 3rd party rep)
-Black Mage (Was in Mario Hoops, and a Final Fantasy rep would be cool)
-WW Link (If only to replace Young Link, and he's pretty popular)
-Vaati (More likely to be a boss or assist, assist if Zant is a boss, and boss not)
-Claus (Alternate Mother rep)
-Bomberman (Not very likely, but always there if they decide to splurge on the third-party characters)
-Pac-Man (see Bomberman)
-Stafy (A good WTF character)
-Blaziken (If for some reason Lucario doesn't get in, Blaziken will, not very likely at all though. Both would be too many Pokemon, and that's only likely if Mewtwo is out)
-Tingle (Highly unlikely, but still possible IMO, might make too many Zelda reps)

That makes a total of 38 characters, 20 Starting, 18 unlockable, or 20 Veterans, and 18 Newcomers

Won't make it:
-Pichu (A weak, unpopular clone)
-Roy (Can be considered a clone, because Marth is more popular and more prominent in the FE series)
-Dr. Mario (A clone of Mario, semi-popular, but his chances are slim to none)
-Ness (Might be in unless they plan on replacing him with another Mother rep, low chances either way)
-Falco (Only has a small chance if Krystal isn't in, but either way he's a clone that's not important enough to get a revamp)
-Young Link (Clone of Link, only has a VERY slim chance if WW Link doesn't make it)

Just a bit of roster cleaning to get rid of clones and make it a bit more even.

Joecool

Smash Journeyman
Mario
1.Mario=C
2.Peach=C
3.Luigi
4.Bowser=C
5.Baby Bowser
6.Paper Mario

Pokemon
7.Pikachu=C
8.Mewtwo
10.Lucario
11.PT=C
12.Jigglypuff

Zelda
13.Link=C
14.Zelda/Sheik=C/?
15.Ganondof
16.Cel-shaded Link
17. Midna

Metroid
18.Samus/ZSS=C
19.Ridley

Donkey Kong
20.DK=C
21.Diddy Kong=C
22.K.Rool

Warioware
23.Wario=C
24.Ashley

Yoshi
25.Yoshi=C
26.Kamek

F-zero
27.Captain Falcon

Fire Emblem
28.Ike=C
29.Marth

Fox
30.Fox
31.Krystal
32.Falco

Retro
33.Pit=C
34.Mrgame&watch
35.Ice climbers=C

Kirby
36.Kirby=C
37.Meta-Knight=C
38.King Dedede=C

Earthbound
39.Ness
40.Lucas=C

AC
41.AC
Third Party
42.Sonic=C
43.Snake=C
44.Mega-Man
45.Geno

45 characters in all. Any opionions?

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
I don't know why people think there are going to be so many newcomers... even if they leave all 26 characters, that makes a reasonable max of 25 newcomers, because there has to be less newcomers than veterans, and there are obviously going to be people like Pichu, Dr. Mario, and most likely Ness, Roy, and Young Link leaving, so that makes a reasonable max of about 19. Agree or disagree?

JPW

Smash Ace
* Confirmed

Veterans:
Mario*
Link*
Kirby*
Pikachu*
Fox*
Samus*
Zelda*
Bowser*
Donkey Kong*
Yoshi*
Sheik (separate character) ^
Falcon
Peach*
Ice Climbers*
Gannondorf
Luigi
Falco
Marth
Jigglypuff
Game and Watch

Newcomers:
Pit*
Wario*
Zero Suit Samus*
Ike*
Pokemon Trainer*
Diddy Kong*
Metaknight*
Lucas*
King Deedee*
Olimar
Krystal
Miciah
Ridley
Cel Shaded Yg. Link
Black Shadow
Lucario
Isaac/Felix(Felix will be his alternate character much like we got with Falcon and Blood Falcon)

Third Parties:
Snake *
Sonic *
Megaman

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Mario
-Mario
Reason: Confirmed
-Peach
-Yoshi
-Bowser
-Luigi
Reason: Secret character in both SSB64 and SSBM. 99% likely he will get in.
-Bowser Jr.
Reason: A up and coming antagonist. Has a unique moveset involving paint and Shadow Mario. Can be easily implemented into SE as well. He also has gathered quite a following and has appeared as a main character in Mario Galaxy.

Legend of Zelda
-Link
-Zelda/Shiek
Reason: While I dislike Shiek, she/he happens to be a popular character and pays homage to OoT.
-Ganondorf
Reason: One of the holders of the Triforce. Main equivalent of Bowser and King Dedede in the LoZ universe. Was in SSBM as a secret character.
-WW Link
Reason: Has appeared in more games then the Young Link of OoT and MM. As well, he has become quite popular, interesting design (cel-shaded), and has moves different from Link (drawn from Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, Four Swords, Minish Cap, etc)

Pokemon
-Pikachu
-Pokemon Trainer
-Jigglypuff
Reason: Fan favorite and has been around since the SSB64. Despite being a first gen, it is still popular.
-Mewtwo
Reason: yet again, another popular pokemon. While Lucario is expected to possibly take his spot, I believe that Mewtwo has alot more diversity then Lucario. As well, Mewtwo was in SSBM as a secret character.

Donkey Kong
-Donkey Kong
-Diddy Kong

Kirby
-Kirby
-Metaknight
-King Dedede

Metroid
-Samus
-Zamus
-Ridley
Reason: The Bowser, King Dedede, and Ganondorf of Metroid. A much need rep in the Metroid franchise. One of the most wanted first party characters.

Starfox
-Fox
-Krystal
Reason: Sakurai noted that she received a lot of requests and is interested in her. Newest heroine in the starfox franchise. Is female.
-Wolf
Reason: I velieve Wolf can be much different then Fox by using more damaging attacks by integrating melee attacks and his weapons. He is also one of the only starfox villains capable of being in Brawl. Is also possible SE material.

F-Zero
- Captain Falcon
Reason: He's the Chuck Norris of Brawl. He's in.

Fire Emblem
-Ike
-Marth
Reason: Secret character in SSBM, a fan favorite of both Smashers and Fire Emblem fans. He basically represents Fire Emblem.
-Micaiah
Reason: She uses light magic and uses a bird. Pretty unique. Plus she's the new heroine in the Radiant Dawn game.
-Black Knight
Reason: One of the main villains in the recent Fire Emblem games. However, my belief that he will be in has faltered after hearing Ike will be a heavy swordsman. This may change in the future. I do think he could be in though because he's a heavy swordsman and can use devastating and wide attacks.

Mother 3
-Lucas
-Claus
Reason: Mother 3 enemy. Usable in SE. He could also be used to promote Mother 3 here in the states.

Animal Crossing
-Animal Crosser
Reason: I know alot of people dislike this idea but I firmly believe he/she will appear in this game. Animal Crossing is way to big of a game to not include a rep in. As well, we all know there are multiple humans in animal crossing. So the fact there are some in the background does not help that argument.

WarioWare
-Wario

Retro
-Ice Climbers
-Pit
-Mr. Game and Watch
Reason: Secret character in SSBM and VERY unique. Plus, he was the secret character who was the most hard to unlock. In SSB64, that was Ness. I believe Mr. Game and Watch could actually be a starting character.
-Takamaru
Reason: A unique swordsman who blends Western and Samurai-style swordsmanship. Also very likely addition to the SE.

Other
-Lip
Reason: This is the character I believe has the least chance to get in Brawl. She had a weapon, Lip's Stick in Melee which appears in Brawl which can also point to her inclusion. As well, her moveset could revolve around flowers, plants, and possibly tetris blocks which would make her VERY interesting.
-Ray 01
Reason: One of his models was a trophy. 01 is the most popular in the states and also is very eye pleasing. As well, Custom Robo is turning into a very well known series both in the States and Japan. Plus who wouldn't want to battle it out as a robot?
-Captain Olimar
Reason: A top requested character. His games are considered one of the most innovative to date. Intresting moveset.

Third Party
-Snake
-Sonic
-Geno
Reason: Now why have Geno and not Megaman? Well, for one thing I think Megaman can be in. My theory is that Nintendo finally buys the rights from Square-Enix and adds Geno into a 1st party character. If that is the case, then Megaman is a shoe-in. However, to not complicate things, I am keeping Geno as a third partier until, and only if, my theory is proven correctly or something of that nature.

There ya go.

y3nia659

Smash Ace
I have 50 characters........

Mario:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Geno
Mallow/Pauline

Zelda:
Link
Zelda
Ganondorf
Vaati
Midna

Pokemon:
Pikachu
Pokemon trainer
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo

Donkey Kong:
DK
Diddy
Dixie
K. Rool

Kirby:
Kirby
Metaknight
King Dedede

Starfox:
Fox
Krystal
Falco

Fire Emblem:
Ike
Marth/Sigurd
Elincia/Micaiah

WarioWare/Land:
Wario
Captain Syrup or Mona or Ashley

F-zero:
Captain Falcon
Jody Summer

Metroid:
Samus/ZSS
Ridley

Yoshi:
Yoshi

Eternal Darkness:
Alexandra Roivas

Golden sun:
Isaac

Pikmin:
Olimar

Game & Watch:
G&W

retro:
Pit
Ice Climbers
Alice
Mike Jones

Japan Only:
Lip
Ayumi Tachibana
Lucas
Sukapon/Takamaru

3rd Party:
Bomberman
Snake
Sonic

D

Deleted member

Just because you don't like Bowser Jr. does not mean he will not be in because he looks very likely.

So, I hate him but he should still get into my dream roster. And that isn't why I don't like Bowser Jr..

Vaati is the is the main antagonist of Four Swords, Four Swords Adventures and The Minish Cap.

That's cool. Not gonna get into my dream roster though.

Also you do that Marth and Royhave never been in a game with another apart from Melee.
I am aware of that but for me it'd be very very strange.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Hey demon kirby. since your list goes in the way of mines,, ill use your post because im a lazy ******* okays¿ ;)

Mario

1-Mario
2-Peach
3-Boozer

Legend of Zelda

6-Midna
7-Link

Kirby

10-Kirby
11-Meta Knight
12-King DeDeDe

Metroid

13-S/Zamus

Pokemon

15-Pikachu
16-Pokemon Trainer

Donkey Kong

19-Donkey Kong
20-Diddy Kong

Fire Emblem

21-Ike
22-Marth

Earthbound/Mother

24-Lucas

Starfox

25-Fox
26-Falco
27-Krystal

WarioWare

28-Wario
29-Ashley (personal wish, and biased as hell so dont argue pls ;) )

F-Zero

30-Captain Falcon

Retro

31-Pit
32-Ice Climbers
33-G&W*

Third Party

34-Sonic*
35-Snake*
36-Open for debate between Mega Man and Geno*

others:
37-WW link
38-Olimar
39-Isaac (personal wish also )
40-Roy (remastered of course)

This is my proposed 40 character roster!

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Well here's mine, go ahead and argue all you want :lol:
bold=confirmed
clones(roy, ganon, falco, ness(?), luigi) will return, but with different moves. I also think there shouldn't be "different versions" of characters(Doc,Pichu,Y/WW Link[No, Dark Samus ain't a version of Samus])
Mario
Mario
Peach
Bowser
Luigi
Bowser Jr.(Boozer Jr. Yeahuz!)
Geno(he's cool by me)

Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong

Yoshi
Yoshi
Kamek(yoshi needs reps)

Zelda
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf

Kirby
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

Pokemon
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo(buffed up like Boozer was)
Lucario(maybe)

Fire Emblem
Ike
Marth
Roy
BK(have it your way :rotfl:)

Wario
Wario

Retro
Pit
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game and Watch

Starfox
Fox
Krystal(shoo in, sorry Wolf)
Falco(why not?)

F-zero
Captain Falcon

Mother
Lucas
Ness(he will return!)

Metroid
Samus/Zamus
Ridley(a must :chuckle:)
Dark Samus(3rd Metroid rep)

3rd Party
Solid Snake
Sonic the Hedgehog
Mega Man
Bomberman
Mog(FFVI, yeah I know)

InvincibleAgent

Smash Lord
Corneria, Oregon, US - Melee: Roy, Link, Ganondorf

Okay. Here goes. When I say Mario Spinoffs, I'm talking about Karts, Partys, Sports, etc.

Luigi: Main character in two games, playable in many classic Marios and Mario spinoffs, and important NPC in many recent ones, + Smash and Melee.
Mario: Main character in many many flagship games, + Smash and Melee.
Yoshi: Main character in a couple games, playable in Mario spinoffs, + Smash and Melee.
Donkey Kong: Main character in a few games, boss in first Mario game, playable in Mario spinoffs, + Smash and Melee.
Kirby: Main character in many games, Sakurai's creation, + Smash and Melee.
Lucas: Main character of 1 game, in series with deep cult following.
Captain Falcon: Main character in a few games, + Smash and Melee.
Link: Main character in many flagship games, + Smash and Melee.
Fox: Main character in many games, + Smash and Melee.
Samus: Main character in many flagship games, + Smash and Melee.
Pikachu: Version Mascot for Pokemon Yellow, could be considered "main" Pokemon in that version, + Smash and Melee.
Jigglypuff: Apparently second most "popular" Pokemon after Pikachu, I dunno by whose count, + Smash and Melee.

Daisy: Playable in Mario spinoffs, Brawl needs more women.
Peach: Playable in Mario Bros. 2, Paper Marios and Mario spinoffs, important NPC in others, + Melee.
Bowser: Playable in Paper Marios and Mario spinoffs, important NPC in others, + Melee.
Diddy Kong: Most popular Kong, playable in many games.
Meta Knight: Major NPC in many games, playable in Kirby spinoffs (I think?).
Pit: Main character in 1 game, which has developed a sort of cult following.
Ice Climbers: Main characters in 1 game, have unique physics, + Melee.
Zelda: Major NPC in many games, unique physics, Brawl needs its women, + Melee.
Falco: Major NPC in many games, coolest Star Fox character, + Melee.
Dark Samus: Major NPC in 3 games, woman (Kind of), cool.
Pokemon Trainer: Main character in, what, 9 games now? That are hella popular?
Lucario: Very popular, has been in a movie, fighter and steel type if I'm not mistaken.

Toad: Underdog of flagship series. Playable in Mario Bros. 2 and Mario spinoffs. Cool.
Wario: Main character in a few games, Important NPC in others, playable in Mario spinoffs.
Ike: Main character in 2 games from a very popular series.
Sonic: Main character in like 20 games and many cartoons, etc. Mario's cross-platform rival.
King Dedede: Major NPC in many games, I think maybe playable in Kirby spinoffs?
Snake: Main character in many games, cool, unique physics.
Ray: Main meta-character in many games... The main characters in those games would not work too well...
Midna: Major NPC (Well, kind of playable in Wolf Link form) in the game Link's model is from, probably second most important character in that game, actually.
Krystal: Playable and otherwise a major NPC in 3 games now. Another female. Smexy.
Sylux: Unique physics, playable in Metroid spinoff, implied significance at 100% ending of Metroid Prime 3. Will probably become much more important than he is now.
Kadabra: Cool-looking psychic Pokemon, holds a spoon (A spoon, dude!), has physics that could very easily fit into Smash.
Mewtwo: Very powerful Pokemon, + Melee.

Pac-man: Main character in many games and arcade systems.
Marth: Main character of 2 games, + Melee.
Roy: Main character of 1 game, unique FE hair color, + Melee.
Nights: Main character of 2 games, unique physics.
Mr. Game and Watch: Main character of many handhelds, unique physics, + Melee.
X: Main character of many many games and spinoffs.
Vaati: Major NPC in 3 games.
Ganondorf: Major NPC in many games, + Melee.
Wolf: Major NPC in many games.
Ridley: Major NPC in many games.
Leon: Main character of 2 games. Unique physics.
Bomberman: Main character of many many games, unique physics.

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
Looking back over this thread, I see that a lot of people have lists that are absolute crap with characters that have no chance.

I was expecting maybe a third of them to be like this, but not nearly every single-freakin'-one of them.

AmericanGTS

Smash Apprentice

Okay. Here goes. When I say Mario Spinoffs, I'm talking about Karts, Partys, Sports, etc.

Luigi: Main character in two games, playable in many classic Marios and Mario spinoffs, and important NPC in many recent ones, + Smash and Melee.
Mario: Main character in many many flagship games, + Smash and Melee.
Yoshi: Main character in a couple games, playable in Mario spinoffs, + Smash and Melee.
Donkey Kong: Main character in a few games, boss in first Mario game, playable in Mario spinoffs, + Smash and Melee.
Kirby: Main character in many games, Sakurai's creation, + Smash and Melee.
Lucas: Main character of 1 game, in series with deep cult following.
Captain Falcon: Main character in a few games, + Smash and Melee.
Link: Main character in many flagship games, + Smash and Melee.
Fox: Main character in many games, + Smash and Melee.
Samus: Main character in many flagship games, + Smash and Melee.
Pikachu: Version Mascot for Pokemon Yellow, could be considered "main" Pokemon in that version, + Smash and Melee.
Jigglypuff: Apparently second most "popular" Pokemon after Pikachu, I dunno by whose count, + Smash and Melee.

Daisy: Playable in Mario spinoffs, Brawl needs more women.
Peach: Playable in Mario Bros. 2, Paper Marios and Mario spinoffs, important NPC in others, + Melee.
Bowser: Playable in Paper Marios and Mario spinoffs, important NPC in others, + Melee.
Diddy Kong: Most popular Kong, playable in many games.
Meta Knight: Major NPC in many games, playable in Kirby spinoffs (I think?).
Pit: Main character in 1 game, which has developed a sort of cult following.
Ice Climbers: Main characters in 1 game, have unique physics, + Melee.
Zelda: Major NPC in many games, unique physics, Brawl needs its women, + Melee.
Falco: Major NPC in many games, coolest Star Fox character, + Melee.
Dark Samus: Major NPC in 3 games, woman (Kind of), cool.
Pokemon Trainer: Main character in, what, 9 games now? That are hella popular?
Lucario: Very popular, has been in a movie, fighter and steel type if I'm not mistaken.

Toad: Underdog of flagship series. Playable in Mario Bros. 2 and Mario spinoffs. Cool.
Wario: Main character in a few games, Important NPC in others, playable in Mario spinoffs.
Ike: Main character in 2 games from a very popular series.
Sonic: Main character in like 20 games and many cartoons, etc. Mario's cross-platform rival.
King Dedede: Major NPC in many games, I think maybe playable in Kirby spinoffs?
Snake: Main character in many games, cool, unique physics.
Ray: Main meta-character in many games... The main characters in those games would not work too well...
Midna: Major NPC (Well, kind of playable in Wolf Link form) in the game Link's model is from, probably second most important character in that game, actually.
Krystal: Playable and otherwise a major NPC in 3 games now. Another female. Smexy.
Sylux: Unique physics, playable in Metroid spinoff, implied significance at 100% ending of Metroid Prime 3. Will probably become much more important than he is now.
Kadabra: Cool-looking psychic Pokemon, holds a spoon (A spoon, dude!), has physics that could very easily fit into Smash.
Mewtwo: Very powerful Pokemon, + Melee.

Pac-man: Main character in many games and arcade systems.
Marth: Main character of 2 games, + Melee.
Roy: Main character of 1 game, unique FE hair color, + Melee.
Nights: Main character of 2 games, unique physics.
Mr. Game and Watch: Main character of many handhelds, unique physics, + Melee.
X: Main character of many many games and spinoffs.
Vaati: Major NPC in 3 games.
Ganondorf: Major NPC in many games, + Melee.
Wolf: Major NPC in many games.
Ridley: Major NPC in many games.
Leon: Main character of 2 games. Unique physics.
Bomberman: Main character of many many games, unique physics.

*I'm looking at this the way you presented it. Horizontally if further clarification is needed.

The first row is nice, no problems with it. Although it would be amazing to opt to play as Wigglytuff or Raichu. I mean, who cares if they get uglier or not as popular? Raichu is MUCH cooler than Pikachu in my opinion. Never really did like Pikachu...

The second row is good, but.. Daisy? Dark Samus? Ok, I don't mind Dark Samus so much as long as she isn't a clone or its an alternative color (like fusion suit). Daisy on the other hand... umm.. whats different about her than Peach?

The third row is rather interesting. The idea of Toad isn't one I'm fond of. I just think that he is too minor to be in Brawl. That doesn't mean I am bashing him or saying I dislike him, I'm uncertain as to how good he would be. Is he REALLY needed? Midna is ok, could be an interesting concept, it would depend on how she was done. Then there is Kadabra.. and I must say absolutely not. Wayyyy too similar to Mewtwo. We have a perfect strong psychic type pokemon already. We don't need a minor pokemon who is weaker than Alakazam.

The final row is decent. Pacman, NiGHTS and Bomberman are all charcters who I would rather not like to see. However, if they're in, I would try them. I don't know, I've been a fan of Bomberman for a long time and I've never really seen what makes him so great. He's all right. Pacman is lame in my opinion because he doesn't really do anything interesting. He could appear though, he was in this Mario Kart Arcade game.

Oh and about Leon.. as much as I would LOVE to see Megaman and Leon in the same game its doubtful to happen. Leon isn't too different from Snake, it would appear that Snake was this goldmine of a character that just had to be shortchanged due to immature audiences. I would say that Leon could have his laser cannon, melee attacks and gernades but its doubtful. If you ever want to pit Megaman vs a Resident Evil character though, Marvel Vs Capcom 2 is waiting for you.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
All Melee characters return.

-Luigi: ^B is diagonal (SSB64) not fully vertical (SSBM)
-Falco: Completely new moveset. No cheap spike.
-Roy: Stronger aerials, stronger attacks, stronger than MARTH, weaker than Ike.
-Marth: Weaker attacks, tip of the blade nerfed.
-Mewtwo: Make heavier and stronger.
-Pichu: New attacks such as charm, etc.
-Ganondorf: Give him his sword and new moveset.
-Young Link: Don't care how he comes back as long as he does.

Newcomers:

-Mike (StarTropics) (all I really want)
-Mach Rider: His moveset should be a combination of moves of C.Falcon in SSB64, and Ganondorf SSBM. As well as new attacks, and a chain whip ala Sheik.

-Olimar
-Isaac
-Geno
-New franchises...
-Add your favorite here.

3rd Party:
-Crono (Chrono Trigger) (second most wanted character)
-Megaman

Summary: Every confirmed character, every character from Melee returning, but clones should be decloned and fixed.
All I'd really like for newcomers are Mike (main character from Startropics and Zoda's Revenge) and Crono (from Chrono Trigger). The rest, I really don't mind who gets in. So you can add whatever you want in to the list.

I also want C.Falcon's smash attacks from SSB 64 and Ganondorf's AFA return in some way, so why not giving them to another character? Mach Rider looks like a fine choice.

del-boy

Smash Journeyman
Well here's mine, go ahead and argue all you want :lol:
bold=confirmed
clones(roy, ganon, falco, ness(?), luigi) will return, but with different moves. I also think there shouldn't be "different versions" of characters(Doc,Pichu,Y/WW Link[No, Dark Samus ain't a version of Samus])
Mario
Mario
Peach
Bowser
Luigi
Bowser Jr.(Boozer Jr. Yeahuz!)
Geno(he's cool by me)

Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong

Yoshi
Yoshi
Kamek(yoshi needs reps)

Zelda
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf

Kirby
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

Pokemon
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo(buffed up like Boozer was)
Lucario(maybe)

Fire Emblem
Ike
Marth
Roy
BK(have it your way :rotfl:)

Wario
Wario

Retro
Pit
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game and Watch

Starfox
Fox
Krystal(shoo in, sorry Wolf)
Falco(why not?)

F-zero
Captain Falcon

Mother
Lucas
Ness(he will return!)

Metroid
Samus/Zamus
Ridley(a must :chuckle:)
Dark Samus(3rd Metroid rep)

3rd Party
Solid Snake
Sonic the Hedgehog
Mega Man
Bomberman
Mog(FFVI, yeah I know)
1. Remove BK and Dark Samus(3 Samus is to much) and add two zelda reps.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
1. Remove BK and Dark Samus(3 Samus is to much) and add two zelda reps.
I put BK out of fan support here, so he can go, but DS ain't Samus, click the top of my sig to see:p
As for Zelda, I woulda liked to put Zant/Vaati and Midna, but I don't see there being WW Link.

del-boy

Smash Journeyman
I put BK out of fan support here, so he can go, but DS ain't Samus, click the top of my sig to see:p
As for Zelda, I woulda liked to put Zant/Vaati and Midna, but I don't see there being WW Link.

Sorry but zelda is not going less rep than in melee, it will more than likely get 5 reps.

Also Dark Samus is Samus from a different dimension but keep her if you want just make zelda have 5 reps.

Top Bottom