• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Argue YOUR final roster!

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
At first I thought that this thread would be a mess...

but some of the lists I've seen here so far are better than the ones that are made by ppl that created their own thread for it

EDIT: should make this the official create-a-roster thread or sumtin like that... good job OP

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'll just explain newcomers and alts.

1. Mario (Dr. Mario as an alt.) - Does this one really need any explanation?
2. Luigi
3. Bowser
4. Peach (Daisy as an alt.) - In order for her to not suffer the fate of being a clone, this a safe bet.
5. Geno - He has a lot of popularity; was on Sakurai's list; and is begging to be back in a game.

6. Yoshi

7. Wario
8. Captain Syrup - Was Wario's first villain, raises the girl count, and this game needs a pirate.

9. Zelda/Sheik
10. Link
11. Young Link (based on WW Link)
12. Ganondorf

13. Samus Aran/Zero Suit Samus (Fusion Suit as an alt.) - I personally wanted Fusion Suit instead of Zero Suit but this gives the option.
14. Ridley - Without him, the Metroid series wouldn't take place.

15. Donkey Kong
16. Diddy Kong
17. K. Rool - A villain and DK needs more reps.

18. Fox
19. Falco
20. Krystal - Would be a truly original fighter. She wouldn't even stick out in other fighting games.
21. Wolf - Fox's rival; overall badass.

22. Ness (Ninten as an alt.) - Ninten and Ness are virtually one in the same.
23. Lucas - He is the MOTHER 3 main, and is highly requested. It's possible that he may replace Ness with him surviving as an alt.
24. Kumatora - A girl character, is different from all the others (especially Paula and Ana). Adds MOTHER awareness along with Lucas.

25. Pikachu
26. Jigglypuff
27. Mewtwo
28. Lucario - This game NEEDS a fighting type Pokemon.
29. Pokemon Trainer
30. Meowth - Has appeared in about every Pokemon game; is incredibly popular; and is the second most important Pokemon in the anime.

31. Olimar - Pikmin rule. 'nuff said.

32. Kirby
33. King Dedede - Another villain, was on Sakurai's list a number of times.
34. Meta Knight

35. Captain Falcon
36. Pico - Not so sure on this or Jody but we need more F-Zero reps.
37. Jody Summers

38. Ice Climbers
39. Mr. Game and Watch
40. Pit
41. Andy - We need an Advance Wars rep.
42. Little Mac - Would fit right in.
43. Stafy - Starfish need love.
44. Isaac - This game needs more magic users.
45. Lip - Needs to get in so she can kill Yoshi.
46. Tom Nook - Best represents the Animal Crossing series.
47. Ray 01 - We need a Custom Robo rep.
48. Sukapon - Nintendo's first fighting game character ever. I think that's enough.
49. Takamaru - Was on Sakurai's list.

50. Marth
51. Micaiah - Magic user
52. Ike

53. Solid Snake
54. Sonic the Hedgehog - Do I have to explain?
55. Megaman - Other than Bomberman, he's the best candidate.
56. Haruhi Suzumiya - She's God.

WarxePB

Smash Ace
-Mario Series
Mario (confirmed, with FLUDD as his new down B and the Tornado very likely his dair)
Luigi (all but confirmed, probably with electricity and the Poltergust added to his moveset, but still Luigified)
Bowser (confirmed; also, am I the only person who remembers that Bowser's actually a competent sorcerer? His magic could easily be slow to charge but devastating, and it would give him some well-needed reach)
Peach (confirmed, probably with her dsmash nerfed ever so slightly)

Bowser Jr. OR Geno: As I see it, there's room for only one more Mario character (excluding the ones below). Geno has awesome moveset potential, but is technically third party; Bowser Jr. is new, fresh and first-party. Overall, I say Bowser Jr. is more likely, but if Sakurai can easily and cheaply get Geno's rights, we'll see him before Jr.

-Sub-Mario series' (tied to the Marioverse, but also distinct)
Yoshi (confirmed, probably pretty much the same as Melee)
Wario (newcomer)
DK (confirmed)
Diddy (newcomer)

-Legend of Zelda series
Link (confirmed, with Twilight Princess twists to his B moves and grab)
Zelda (confirmed with no Sheik, but with a radically different moveset perhaps incorporating some of Sheik's moveset and more magic)
Ganondorf (all but confirmed, probably with a sword added to his moveset. I imagine him to have all-new B moves, but with similar grabs; if Bowser doesn't get any magic, Ganondorf will)

Midna/Wolf Link OR WWLink AND/OR Tingle: Wolf Link and WWLink are still alternate forms of Link. Then you have Tingle, who is not Link, and is also very popular. I have faith that Tingle will get in... but what if he gets in as his own sub-universe like Wario? That still leaves a slot for WWLink, a potentially Luigified Young Link, or Midna/Wolf Link, an awesome combo that fits with the TP theme of Brawl. And before you slam Midna for being in one game, remember that Sheik was also in only one game. It all depends on whether clones will return or not.
My vote? Tingle as his own series, and Midna/Wolf Link as the Zelda newcomer.

-Pokemon Series
Pikachu (confirmed)
Pokemon Trainer/Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard (newcomer, and an addition that really shakes up the Smash universe)
Jigglypuff (likely; I see Jiggs with more focus on aerial combat, with her ground-based moves toned down a bit)

Mewtwo: It all depends on Sakurai's mood. Mewtwo should be retooled as a trickery/deceit kind of character, wielding moves that scramble controls, disable certain moves or even controlling other characters for a short time (Soul Breaker as a legit move). But since he still needs a killing move, they should make Shadow Ball, his fsmash or his grabs stronger.

Lucario: Simply put, Lucario has tons of moveset potential. He can hit hard, he can hit fast, he has several ranged attacks, and his Fighting/Steel type gives him excellent offense and defense. Lucario has to be slower and with somewhat low jumps to balance this out, but there's no reason he can't have moves like Sky Uppercut, Mach Punch or Hijump Kick. If done correctly, I can see Lucario as an extremely balanced character who needs to rely on all aspects of his moveset to excel.

-Starfox Series
Fox (confirmed, and probably shine-nerfed)

Krystal: She's practically a shoe-in, due to her staff giving her a weapon-based moveset that isn't a sword. She would be based on the same archetype as Fox, but with lower jumps/speed and increased offensive power. Plus, females = good.

Falco OR Wolf: Both of these guys would have the exact same moveset, one based on Luigifying Fox's. There's no point in adding both, so who would get in? Wolf's a badass anti-hero that could serve as the antagonistic PC for Starfox, but Falco's important to the franchise, and already appeared in Melee. They have equal chances, so I'll hold off saying who.

-Kirby Series
Kirby (confirmed)
Meta Knight (newcomer, and from the looks of it, god tier)

King Dedede: Need I say more? Meta Knight is a rival of Kirby, but Dedede is his arch-nemesis. Though hammers are already wielded by the Ice Climbers, Dedede would have more power, and he can puff up and float just like Kirby. For some reason, I imagine Dedede to have good grabs too.

-Metroid Series
Samus (confirmed)
Zero Suit Samus (newcomer, but how can we play as her without items turned on?)

Ridley: There's no reason that Ridley doesn't work as an actual Metroid newcomer. He's big, heavy and can fly, but his speed would suffer for it. Also, his projectiles could suck, making him a close-quarters kind of character. Great staying power balanced out by a big target and limited ranged options? I think it works.

-Fire Emblem Series
Ike (newcomer, looks like a heavy character)

Micaiah OR Sigurd OR Marth OR Roy: There won't be more than three FE characters, and with Ike taking one slot, there's a fierce competition.
Micaiah: A female Lord who wields light magic and staves, who has the potential to be a unique FE character. As I said before, females equal good, and her powerful magic and trick-inducing staves would balance her complete lack of physical prowess. I give her the best chances.
Marth: Marth is pretty much the sole reason that we know about Fire Emblem. Though Marth and Ike look similar, Ike seems to be more of a slow, powerful character, so Marth could retain his speedy tipped swipes.
Sigurd: From what I've read, Sigurd is the most popular of the Lords, and wields both a sword and lance, giving him two weapons to make a unique moveset. He is Japan-only, giving Marth and Micaiah better chances, but if Marth is axed due to being too similar to Ike, we might just see this guy on our side of the pond.
Roy: Has very little potential outside of a Marth clone or some strange hybrid of Marth and Ike's moves. I'll pass.

-Retro Series'
Pit (newcomer, probably with excellent recovery)
Ice Climbers (confirmed for being so **** cute)
Mr. Game and Watch: Due to the icon theory, he is all but confirmed, but we never know. If he does return, I'd like to see him made all-around better.

Balloon Fighter OR Little Mac OR Other Retro Titles: I'd say that BF, with a redesign and the right mechanics, has a very good chance of getting in. Yet, there's a little man appropriately called Little Mac, a boxer who would work perfectly for Smash. But if these two don't get in? Then we have titles like Mach Rider, StarTropics, Urban Champion, and a host of others published by Nintendo during the NES days. Who knows who we might see?

Sukapon OR Takamaru OR Tamagon: There can only be one. Takamaru is just another sword wielder, but due to being a samurai, he could have a potentially unique moveset from Link and Ike's more European flavor. Sukapon is a pink robot with floating hands and feet, and with several moves that would fit perfectly in Smash. And let's not forget Tamagon, the little dragon that couldn't make it over the pond because of the clearly religious references. The point is, I think we'll see another retro Japan-only character, but exactly who depends on Sakurai's mood.
My vote goes to Sukapon, simply for his sheer WTF factor.

-Other Series'
Animal Crossing rep: The stage, item and AT hint to the fact that there will be an AC PC. Tom Nook has been shown as a background character, though his symbol is the icon for Animal Crossing. K.K. Slider appears on Saturday at 8 PM as he always has. Mr. Resetti is an AT. And who wants to play as the generic human? Who knows... but mark my words, we'll see an AC rep playable.
Because of deconfirmation, I'll say the generic human, due to that one article.

Japanese reps: Of course, we have characters like Demiru, Stafy, Prince Sable, any of the Rays and Lip, characters who were released in Japan only. All have equal chances of getting in. Remember that Sakurai did say that he didn't want to focus on Japan-only characters, but what better way to (legally) introduce Japan-only characters through Smash Bros? It worked for Fire Emblem, why not for Joy Mecha Fight, Densetsu no Stafy or other series? I would bet that every one of those will end up as a trophy, if not a PC or AT.
My bets? Lip and a Ray. Both Custom Robo and Panel de Pon titles have been released outside of Japan, so they have the most international awareness.

Obscure reps: Here we have characters like Muddy Mole, Jill the Drill Dozer, the Elite Beat Agents, Chibi Robo, Isaac... the list goes on. Again, we can't predict who will get in, as the volume's just too large. All have good moveset possibilities, all have equal chances. We'll see.

Third-party: Here's my picks for most popular third-party characters in Brawl.
Sonic
Geno (if still considered third-party)
Megaman
Pac-Man
Bomberman
Simon Belmont
Black Mage

Excluding Snake, there'll be at most two slots. Sonic is my first pick, Megaman my second.

IllidR

Smash Champion
Well here's a list compiled by what I think'll make the final cut. It lacks explanations as of now but who knows i may add them in the future.

Mario Series

1) Mario (Confirmed)
2) Peach (Confirmed)
3) Bowser (Confirmed)
4) Luigi
5) Bowser Jr.

Legend of Zelda Series

6) Link (Confirmed)
7) Zelda (Confirmed)
8) Shiek
9) Ganondorf

Pokemon Series

10) Pikachu (Confirmed)
11) Pokemon Trainer (Confirmed)
12) Jigglypuff
13) Mewtwo

Kirby Series

14) Kirby (Confirmed)
15) Metaknight (Confirmed)
16) King Dedede

Donkey Kong Series

17) Donkey Kong (Confirmed)
18) Diddy Kong (Confirmed)

Star Fox Series

19) Fox (Confirmed)
20) Falco
21) Krystal

Metroid Series

22) Samus (Confirmed)
23) Zamus (Confirmed)
24) Ridley

Fire Emblem Series

25) Ike (Confirmed)
26) Black Knight!
27) Marth

Yoshi Series

28) Yoshi (Confirmed)

F-Zero Series

29) Captain Falcon

Earthbound Series

30) Lucas

Wario Ware Series

31) Wario (Confirmed)

Pikmin Series

32) Captain Olimar!

Retro

33) Ice Climbers (Confirmed)
34) Pit (Confirmed)
35) Mr. Game and Watch
36) Balloon Fighter

Golden Sun Series

37) Isaac

Animal Crossing

38) Animal Crosser

Other Series

39) Ray-01
40) Sukapon

Third Party

41) Snake (Confirmed)
42) Sonic
43) Megaman

Total Roster Count: 43. Maybe to be updated in the future.

Edited: Forgot Wario.

Counted Shiek and Zelda as seperate characters. Counted Zamus and Samus as seperate characters.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
The roster I posted here earlier wasn't really good so I made a new one:

This is not an roster I'm arguing, just one I'd be happy with. It is partially built logically, though... As I've included some characters I don't care for like Sonic and Geno.

EDIT from the other topic: I added a few characters to even out the roster's number to 42.

Mario

1. Mario - Confirmed
2. Luigi - The game wouldn't make any sense without him, so he best be in.
3. Bowser - Confirmed.
4. Peach - Confirmed.
5. Geno - At the top of Sakurai's poll, plus he's got a ton of fans. He could also bring an interesting moveset.

Yoshi

6. Yoshi - Confirmed.

Wario Ware
7. Wario - Confirmed.

Legend of Zelda

8. Link - Confirmed.
9. Zelda/Shiek - Confirmed/Sheik should return.
10. Ganondorf - He has to be in, like Luigi.

Donkey Kong
11. Donkey Kong - Confirmed.
12. Diddy Kong - Confirmed.

Earthbound/MOTHER
13. Ness - I'm not sure he'll be in, but I hope.
14. Lucas - Confirmed! I called it! Like everybody else...

Pokemon
15. Pikachu - Confirmed.
16. Pokemon Trainer - Confirmed.
17. Mewtwo - I see no reason for him to leave.
18. Jigglypuff - Come on, too unique to not make it back.
19. Lucario (maybe.) I actually want him in just to prove the idiots around here wrong.

Metroid
20. Samus/Zerio Suit Samus - Confirmed.
21. Ridley - Not my favorite character or series, but he deserves it.

Kirby
22. Kirby - Confirmed.
23. Metaknight - Confirmed.
24. King Dedede - The very top of Sakurai's poll, and with Kirby and Metaknight, not having him in wouldn't make sense.

Star Fox
25. Fox - Confirmed.
26. Falco - I liked him, but I realize he may not come back.
27. Krystal - Seems to be very popular, I don't know much about her, though.

F-Zero
28. Captain Falcon - He should return.

Fire Emblem
29. Ike - Confirmed.
30. Black Knight - He's awesome. XD
31. Marth - First lord, deserves to return no matters what anybody says.

Animal Crossing
32. Animal Crossing Human - AC will probably (not for sure, though.) get a rep. Seeing as Tom Nook, Resetti and the others are pretty much deconfirmed, AC human seems to be who we'll be seeing. I hope he/she is customizable.

Golden Sun
33. Isaac - He best be in! He would be a very unique character, and I hope Sakurai realized that. He'd fit perfectly in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Pikmin
34. Captain Olimar - Could be just as unique as Isaac, and I doubt he won't make it.

Retro

35. Pit - Confirmed.
36. Ice Climbers - Confirmed! ^_^
37. Mr. Game & Watch - Deserves to return.
38. Sukapon - Seems to be a real popular suggestion, I don't know much about him/her/it myself. But I'll be open minded.
39. Balloon Fighter - He was apparently in the beta of Melee. Even if that's not true, Sakurai seems to like him, so I really can't leave him off the list.

3rd Party

40. Snake - Confirmed.
41. Sonic - Confirmed. I called it! Like everyone else...
42. Mega Man - I think he deserves it.

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
Mario series
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Geno

The Legend of Zelda
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Young Link OR Midna OR Skull Kid (Midna OR Skull kid takes Young link's place only if he's axed OR they take the 4th slot)
Tingle OR Vaati OR Neither! (May or May not Represent his own series, Vaati may take this place, or neither may not be included and this place may be unoccupied or goes to midna or skull kid)

Kirby series
Kirby
MetaKnight
King Dedede

Metroid
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Ridley

Pokemon
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Pokemon trainer
Gardevoir OR Lucario OR Meowth

F-Zero
Captain Falcon
Black Shadow

Donkey Kong series
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong

Yoshi series
Yoshi

StarFox
Fox
Krystal
Falco OR Wolf

Fire Emblem
Marth
Ike
Sigurd
Hector OR Black Knight (Its VERY, VERY LIKELY that the FE Roster may only get the first 3 reps!)

Mother/EarhBound
Ness
Claus
Lucas

Wario ware
Wario

Other Series
Andy
Olimar
Isaac
Tom Nook (Or Another AC Representitive)
Ray 01

Retro
Muddy Mole
Ice Climbers
Little Mac
Mr. Game & Watch
Pit

Regional Only
Stafy
Lip
Takamaru
Sukapon
Demiru

3rd-party
Snake
Sonic (If Sakurai gets the approval of Sega)
Megaman OR Bomberman OR NONE!(If Sakurai gets the approval from Capcom/hudson soft; If Sakurai wants another 3rd party character)

I know that 90% or all of this WILL be the roster. Lets see what happens when I'm right ;)

goodkid

Smash Lord
My prediction list: Hoping for 40+ characters. I don't really see anything less than that, I'm overwhelmed by the choices considering so many choices and great moveset potentials.

Mario Series (6)
Mario
Peach
Bowser
Yoshi
Luigi
?-Bowser Jr.

Wario Series (1)
Wario

DK (2)
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong

Starfox (3)
Fox
Falco
Krystal

Pokemon (5)
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Pokemon Trainer-counting as one character even though it 3 in 1
Lucario-Brawl is new, and their updating to give new characters, like TP Link and Zelda

Fire Emblem (3)
Ike
Black Night
some other character-

Zelda Series (4)
Link
Zelda/Sheik-counting as one character
Ganon
Midna-by herself, no Wolf Link

Kirby Series (3)
Kirby
Meta Knight
King DeDe

Metroid Series (3)
Samus/Zero Suit
Ridley
Sylux

F-Zero (2)
Captain Falcon
Jody Summer

Earthbound/Mother 3 (3)
Lucas
Ness
?- Poo or Claus

Animal Crossing (1)
AC Human

Pikmin Series (1)
Olimar

Custom Robo Series (1)
Ray 01

Retro Characters (5)
Pit
Ice Climbers
Balloon Fighter
G&W
?

Third Party (3)
Snake
Sonic
?-Nights, Megaman, Simon Belmont

Total-46, hoping for 40-50, a good amount for this game, even with so many, I think they can balance it out.

Hyper Luigi

Smash Ace
Alright here goes.

* = unlockable characters

Mario -> Doctor Mario as a costume
Luigi *
Peach
Bowser

No explanations needed I assume? I am not including Bowser Jr. but he's the next most likely. Doc is fun to play as but he could just be a costume.

Yoshi

Wario

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool *

King K. Rool is a great character and I believe he has a pretty good chance of making it. He's one of many that fit into the villian scenario I believe Sakurai is building with the Subspace Emmessary adventure mode.

Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede *

King Dedede was one of the most voted for characters. All that would keep him out is if Sakurai doesn't want to toot his own horn.

Samus / Z-Suit Samus
Ridley *

Ridley got even more votes than Dedede but I guess I could see him being a "boss only" character. I don't feel the need to include Dark Samus (though she wouldn't be a clone) or any of the hunters but some are plausible.

Captain Falcon
Black Shadow *

Black Shadow is actually very popular in Japan so if any other F-Zero character is possible it's him. I could definently live with just Cap though.

Lucas -> Ness as a costume
Mask Man *

Word has it Mother 3 elements will be present in Subspace Emmessary and I think Mask Man (who is pretty popular in Japan) suits the second slot better unless Mother 3 doesn't get a playable villian (and it might not). Lucas is confirmed and he looks to play a lot like Ness if not almost exactly like him so... being a costume may be all they can do to keep Ness besides having a Mario and Luigi type situation.

Fox -> Falco as a costume (yeah I realize that's a stretch but it's a way to keep him in)
Krystal
Wolf *

Because of the villian scenario I opted for Wolf to be in the Star Fox reps. I don't think people would want Falco to have a different move set in Brawl than in Melee so I made him a costume as well. To accomodate, Fox would be able to jump higher and land a bit slower making him somewhere between Fox and Falco from Melee. Krystal is pretty much a given.

Marth
Ike
Macaiah (sp?) or Black Knight *

I can't see them ditching Marth but Roy is out (bless his soul, I'll miss him). Marth's move set is entirely too popular to get rid of but maybe they could give Sigurd Marth's moveset. Ike is confirmed so it would make a bit of sense to have Black Knight (who was actually voted for ) at least as a boss but maybe even as a playable boss. I'd prefer Macaiah though and Brawl really could use some more female fighters and she's a caster which would be better than another sword using lord from FE.

Pokemon Trainer
Pikachu
Jigglypuff *
MewTwo *
Lucario *

I'm not entirely confindent that both Lucario and Metwo will be in it but Mewtwo makes the best "villian" out of the playable Pokemon possibilities IMO and Lucario is too popular not to at least be considered (but then again so were many that ended up just being Pokeball Pokemon). Jigglypuff will definently return and once again be an easy unlockable.

Issac *
Animal Crosser
Ray *
Captain Olimar *

New franchises are here. Animal Crossing is very likely to have a rep. Either unlockable K.K. Slider or a starter human character. Issac dang well better be a playable in Brawl but he might be overlooked. Custom Robo is world wide now so Ray has a good shot but not the best shot. In this list he's probably the "weakest link". Finally Captain Olimar deserves a shot but he'd be an okay AT.

Ice Climbers
Mr. Game & Watch
Pit
Little Mac *

Just one more retro franchise to add IMO and I'm not too hip on Balloon Fighter so I went with Little Mac who is at the very least under consideration. If a classic Japanese only character joined up it would probably be either Takamaru or Sukupon.

Wind Waker Link *
Link
Zelda / Shiek
Ganondorf *

Not a big change to the Zelda roster. WW Link is basically Young Link but with an entirely different move set to make him unique. But in all honesty I think just having Link, Zelda/Shiek and Ganondorf would suffice for the Zelda franchise.

Geno *
Snake *
Sonic *
Mega Man *

I included 4 third party. While Sakurai said "maybe 1-2 more" there could very well be 4 or even more (probably not more than 5 though).

Geno got a ton of votes so I imagine he's under a lot of consideration. Snake is already in and the other two are IMO the most likely iconic 3rd party characters to make it in. I'd like to include Bomberman as well but Geno and Mega Man have a bit more potential and Sonic was the most voted for character so the only reason he wont be in is if they can't work out a deal.

General info on this list:

45 + varients

24 starters and 21 unlockable

Lots of villians as I believe they'll be important to the story.

If I had to cut 5 to make it 40 then I'd ditch WW Link, Captain Olimar, Black Shadow, Geno (I like him but not as much as Mega Man or Sonic) and either Lucario or Mewtwo.

If I were to add 5 more to make it to 50 I'd make Ness and Falco standard characters rather than costumes and add Bomberman, Takamaru and Sukupon.

Smash Ace
I don't know about newcomers, but I can bet on a few, such as the following:
Krystal
Dedede
Ridley

and for the flip of it... Lucario.

as far as returning characters, I say that 3, maybe 4 are gone.
Young Link
Pichu
Roy
Sheik*

although I love Roy and think he is Marth's god (he is according to the Fire Emblem interview of 2003)I do believe he won't make the cut. it does not mean that I can't keep wanting him more than Marth.

Young link is altogether doomed. the least he can do is return as another stupiud incarnatio (WW Link) but I pray to anything a person might worship that he won't. I say it's better to leave him out altogether.

Pichu is obvious. Dr. Mario... he's a representative of his own series. the only thing that makes me think he might not make the cut (I think he's going to be in) is the fact that he is Mario.

next time: SHEIK, the REAL Pichu debate, Lucario!?!

hungrybum

Smash Journeyman
My prediction is...

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Geno
Bowser Jr

DK
Diddy
K.Rool

Yoshi

PT
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Meowth (he is so freaking awsome!)
Mewtwo
Lucario (new gen = importance)

Samus
Ridley

Lucas
Claus (or the masked-man... whatever)

Ike
Marth
Miciah

Kirby
MK
Dedede

Fox
Krystal
Wolf (sorry Falco but we need villains)

Wario

Link
Zelda
Ganondorf
WW Link

The human from AC

Cpt.Falcon
Pico (HEY! he is part of the original 4!)

Olimar
Pit
IC
Mr.G&W
Sukapon

Snake
MegaMan
Sonic

Kunitsuna

Smash Journeyman
My ideal, not-going-to-happen list.

SUPER MARIO
01. Mario
02. Luigi
03. Peach
04. Bowser
05. Geno
06. Wart

YOSHI
07. Yoshi

DONKEY KONG
08. Donkey Kong
09. Diddy Kong

WARIOWARE
10. Wario

KID ICARUS
11. Pit

SHIN ONI GA SHIMA
12. Donbe

THE LEGEND OF ZELDA
13. Link
14. Kid Link (toon-shaded)
15. Zelda
16. Ganondorf
17. Aghanim

F-ZERO
18. Captain Falcon
19. Deathborn

ANIMAL CROSSING
20. Tom Nook

POKéMON
21. Pikachu
22. Pokémon Trainer
23. Gardevoir
24. Pokémon Ranger
25. Croagunk

KIRBY
26. Kirby
27. Meta Knight
28. King Dedede
29. Daroach

MOTHER / EARTHBOUND
30. Lucas
31. Flint

STAR FOX
32. Fox
33. Krystal

FIRE EMBLEM
34. Oguma
35. Ike
36. Soren

ADVANCE WARS
37. Andy

GOLDEN SUN
38. Felix

BALLOON KID
39. Alice

SIN & PUNISHMENT
40. Saki

LEGEND OF STAFY
41. Stafy

JOY MECHA FIGHT
42. Sukapon

METAL GEAR SOLID
43. Snake

MEGA MAN
44. Mega Man

SONIC
45. Sonic the Hedgehog

Youkai Master

Smash Apprentice
I'll just copy-paste a list I made a long time ago, which I keep updating frequently...

MARIO

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Geno* %

DONKEY KONG

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
K. Rool* %

LEGEND OF ZELDA

Link
Zelda
Ganondorf*
Shiek*
Vaati* %

METROID

Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Ridley*

STAR FOX

Fox
Krystal*
Falco/Wolf*

KIRBY

Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede*

POKEMON

Pikachu
Red (Pokemon Trainer)
Mewtwo*
Jigglypuff*

F-ZERO

Captain Falcon*
Pico/Black Shadow/Deathborn*

MOTHER

Ness*
Lucas

FIRE EMBLEM

Ike
Marth/Sigurd/Micaiah/Hector/Ephraim*

GOLDEN SUN

Isaac/Felix* %

OTHERS

Wario (WARIOWARE)
Yoshi (YOSHI)
Pit (KID ICARUS)
Ice Climbers (ICE CLIMBER)
Mr.Game & Watch (GAME & WATCH)*
Animal Crossing MC (ANIMAL CROSSING)*
Captain Olimar (PIKMIN)*
Little Mac (PUNCH OUT)* %

THIRD PARTY

Snake (METAL GEAR)
Sonic (SONIC)*
Megaman (MEGAMAN)*
/ Bomberman (BOMBERMAN) \
- Moogle/Black Mage (FINAL FANTASY) - * %
\ Simon Belmont (CASTLEVANIA) /

TOTAL: 39/45

* = Unconfirmed
% = Unlikely

SheltonAngle

Smash Rookie
Here is what my final roster would be:

1. Mario
  2. Luigi
  3. Bowser
  4. Peach
  5. Yoshi
  6. Wario
  7. Donkey Kong
  8. Diddy Kong
  9. King K. Rool
  10. Samus/Zero Suit Samus
  11. Ridley
  12. Link
  13. Zelda
  14. Ganondorf
  15. Kirby
  16. Meta Knight
  17. King Dedede
  18. Pikachu
  19. Pokemon Trainer
  20. Jigglypuff
  21. Lucario
  22. Fox
  23. Krystal
  24. Wolf
  25. Capt. Falcon
  26. Lucas
  27. Ness
  28. Ice Climbers
  29. Pit
  30. Snake
  31. Little Mac
  32. Capt. Olimar
  33. Mach Rider
  34. Ike
  35. Black Knight
  36. Sonic
  37. Tails
  38. Stafy
  39. Geno
  40. AC Human

MySmash

Smash Cadet
Please tell me if you disagree with any of my choices...I would love feedback.

Mario Series

1) Mario: Confirmed

2) Luigi: A veteran from the last two games, Mario's older brother has to be in Brawl.

3) Peach: Confirmed

4) Bowser: Confirmed

5) Bowser Jr: I personally am not a fan of this character in the slightest, however given his recent appearences in games and cameo in Galaxy...he has a pretty good chance.

Zelda Series

1) Link: Confirmed

2) Zelda: Confirmed

3) Ganondorf: Now that the developers have more time to work on the game, the King of Evil should have an updated ToP look and a new set of moves!

4) Young Link/ WW Link: I think changing YL to his cel-shaded counterpart would be an incredible move considering the new moveset they could give him.

* I think Sheik has been cut

Pokemon Series

1) Pikachu: Confirmed

2) Pokemon Trainer: Confirmed

3) Jigglypuff: Smash veteran that has a unique moveset. Keep her in.

4) Mewtwo: Another Smash veteran who I believe deserves another chance. With the possibly of an amazing moveset, I am excited about this one.

5) Lucario: Five pokemon reps is a strech, but considering how wildly popular Lucario is and his natural look as a fighter, I wouldn't count him out.

Starfox Series

1) Fox: Confirmed

2) Falco/Wolf: I think whoever earns this spot will be a Luigi-type clone of Fox. Just a thought.

3) Krystal: Eh, not crazy about this one, but given her popularity and the combination of another female rep and a unique moveset...she has a very high chance.

Kirby Series

1) Kirby: Confirmed

2) Meta-Knight: Confirmed

3) King Dedede: THE most highly requested character on the poll! A villian rep and a fan favorite...the king will get his due in Brawl. I beg them.

Donkey Kong Series

1) Donkey Kong: Confirmed

2) Diddy Kong: Confirmed

* I think K.K Rool will be a boss

Fire Emblem Series

1) Ike: Confirmed

2) Marth: I may be padding Marth a bit, considering he was my main, but being the face of FE gives him the edge over Roy.

3) Black Knight: The best FE series villian. If not playable, will most certainly be a boss.

Metroid Series

1) Samus/ZSS: Confirmed

2) Ridley: A unique challenge to design for Brawl, however given the immense popularity of Ridley all over the world, the need of another Metroid rep, and another villian...it would be hard NOT to put him in.

* I think Dark Samus will be a boss.

Mother Series

1) Ness/Lucas: I am not quite sure which way they will go with this one. On one hand, they have been meaning to replace Ness with Lucas since Melee...however Ness is a smash veteran and I think he deserves his spot. Perhaps one will be an alt costume?

2) Claus: Wishful thinking. Another villian rep.

Other Series

1) Wario: Confirmed

2) Yoshi: Confirmed

3) Captain Falcon: A beloved Smash veteran. I don't think the captain is going anywhere.

4) Captain Olimar: Another challenge to design. However, Pikmin needs a rep and frankly there just isn't anyone better. VERY unique moveset.

5) Animal Crosser: Given the interview and the screenshots of Smashville, I would say AC is pretty much a given. Uses tools and stuff.

Retro Series

1) Pit: Confirmed (Awesome)

2) Ice-Climbers: Confirmed

3) MR G&W: I think he will be back. Probably the most uniquw character in Melee.

4) Little Mac: I thought about this for a long time and I came to the conclusion that a moveset might be challenging, but Little Mac is the PERFECT character to round off the retro classics.

Third Party

1) Snake: Confirmed

2) Sonic: This depends on a lot of factors...but I think Sakurai knows how important this character is to a lot of people. Rabid fans everywhere!

3) Geno: Love him or hate him, Geno is truly one of the most loved characters ever produced (partly) by Nintendo. I'm not sure how much trouble N would have to go through to get the rights, but if there is anyone they will go out on a limb for, it is Geno.

smashbot226

Smash Master
MAHLIST! * means secret.
Mario:

Mario
Bowser
Peach
Bowser Jr. *
Luigi *
Shy Guy *

DK:

DK
Diddy
Chunky *
Tiny *

LoZ (Legend of... you get it...):

Link
Zelda
Ganondorf
Mask Link *
Shiek *

Metroid:

Samus
Zamus
Sylux *
Noxus *

Yoshi:

Yoshi
Kamek *

StarFox:

Fox
Krystal
Wolf *
Leon *

Kirby:

Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede *
Adeline *

PKMN:

Pikachu
Jigglypuff *
PKMN Trainer
Darkrai *
Lucario *

Fire Emblem:

Ike
Black Knight *
Soren *

Mother/Earthbound:

Lucas
Ness *
Poo *

F-Zero:

Cpt. Falcon

Other:

Cpt. Olimar *
Wario
Smasher (AC Playable Char Name) *

Retro/2-D:

I.C.
Megaman
Bomberman *
Paper Mario *
Pacman *

3rd Party:

Snake
NiGHTS *
Billy Hatcher *
*sigh... SONIC *
Shadow *

My favorites who won't have a chance in hell:

Master Chief
Master Hand
Dante
Bioshock Man
Leon S. Kennedy

Eagle

Smash Lord
Why do heaps of people insist in making WW Link being a Clone or a Luigi-fied version of Link??

I'm just a casual player, so I'm not sure if I have the correct meaning of 'Luigi-fied' but I guess it means change 1 special move and change all the A moves.

Anyways, clearly none of you have played Wind Waker. There are plenty of things that can make WW Link unique just go to the thread.

Anyways I'm just gonna say the newcomers I really hope for:

Geno
Captain Olimar
Krystal
Isaac
Ridley
Mallow
Bowser Jr-Shadow Mario

NukeA6

Smash Master
Mario Characters:
1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Peach
4. Bowser

Pokemon Characters:
5. Pikachu
6. Jigglypuff
7. Mewtwo
8. Lucario
9. Pokemon Trainer

Kirby Characters:
10. Kirby
11. King Dedede
12. Metakknight

Zelda Characters:
13. Link
14. Zelda/Sheik
15. Ganondorf
16. Midna or Impa

Metroid Characters:
17. Samus/Zero Suit Samus
18. Ridley

Fire Emblem Characters:
19. Marth
20. Ike
21. Micaiah
22. Sigurd/Hector

Star Fox Characters:
23. Fox McCloud
24. Falco Lombardi
25. Krystal

Donkey Kong Characters:
26. Donkey Kong
27. Diddy Kong

Other Characters:
28. Pit
29. Wario
30. Yoshi
31. Animal Crosser
32. Lucas
33. Kumatora
34. Stafy
35. Lip
36. Ray (Custom Robo)
37. Captain Falcon
38. Ice Climbers
39. Balloon Fighter
40. Olimar
41. Tatsumaru

Third Party Characters:
42. Solid Snake
43. Sonic the Hedgehog
44. Megaman[/QUOTE]

Robane

Smash Rookie
1: Mario
2: Luigi
3: Wario
4: Bowser
5: Junior
6: Peach
7: Yoshi
8: Geno
9: DK
10: Diddy Kong
11: Fox
12: Falco
13: Wolf
14: Link
15: Midna (Wolf Link)
16: Zelda/Sheik
17: Ganondorf
18: Samus/Zamus
19: Ridley
20: Pokemon Trainer
21: Pikachu
22: Jigglypuff
23: Mewtwo
24: Lucario
25: Marth
26: Ike
27: Kirby
28: Meta Knight
29: King Deedee
30: Ice Climbers
31: Snake
32: Pit
33: Lucas
34: Olimar
35: Game & Watch
36: C.Falcon
37: Sonic
38: Tails

Melee Characters Cut:
Doctor
Ness
Young Link
Pichu
Roy

Very Possible Characters - Give and Take
Ness
Megaman
Krystal
Hero of Winds (Wind Waker Link)

volbound1700

Smash Master
Mine:

Mario series (includes Yoshi, Wario)

Mario (1)
Luigi (2)
Peach (3)
Bowser (4)
Yoshi (5)
Wario (6)
Waluigi/Bowser Jr./Dr. Mario (7) - there will be one more Mario Character, one of the 3

DK Series
Donkey Kong (8)
Diddy Kong (9)
King K Rool (10)

Kirby
Kirby (11)
Metaknight (12)
King DeDeDe (13)

Earthbound

Ness (14)
Lucas (15)

Legend of Zelda

Link (16)
Ganon (17)
Zelda/Shiek (18)
WW Link (19) - although may still be called young link

F-Zero

Captain Falcon (20)

Star Fox

Fox (21)
Falco (22)
Crystal (23)

Metroid

Samus (24)
Zamus ? (25) - not sure if it is going to be just a mode for Samus or maybe even a seperate character and mode
Ridley (26)

Pokemon
Pikachu (27)
Mewtwo (28)
P Trainer (29)
Jiggly puff (30)

Others
Captain Olimer (31)
Geno (32)
Mr Game and Watch (33)
Ice Climbers (34)
Baloon Figher (35)
Stan the Bugman (36)
Animal Crossing Character (37)

Third Party
Snake (38)
Sonic (39)
Megaman (40)
Tails (41)

Yikes forgat Fire Emblem

Ike (42)
Marth (43)
Roy (44)

Kunitsuna

Smash Journeyman
MySmash said:
Mario Series

1) Mario: Confirmed

2) Luigi: A veteran from the last two games, Mario's older brother has to be in Brawl.

3) Peach: Confirmed

4) Bowser: Confirmed

5) Bowser Jr: I personally am not a fan of this character in the slightest, however given his recent appearences in games and cameo in Galaxy...he has a pretty good chance.

Zelda Series

1) Link: Confirmed

2) Zelda: Confirmed

3) Ganondorf: Now that the developers have more time to work on the game, the King of Evil should have an updated ToP look and a new set of moves!

4) Young Link/ WW Link: I think changing YL to his cel-shaded counterpart would be an incredible move considering the new moveset they could give him.

* I think Sheik has been cut

Pokemon Series

1) Pikachu: Confirmed

2) Pokemon Trainer: Confirmed

3) Jigglypuff: Smash veteran that has a unique moveset. Keep her in.

4) Mewtwo: Another Smash veteran who I believe deserves another chance. With the possibly of an amazing moveset, I am excited about this one.

5) Lucario: Five pokemon reps is a strech, but considering how wildly popular Lucario is and his natural look as a fighter, I wouldn't count him out.

Starfox Series

1) Fox: Confirmed

2) Falco/Wolf: I think whoever earns this spot will be a Luigi-type clone of Fox. Just a thought.

3) Krystal: Eh, not crazy about this one, but given her popularity and the combination of another female rep and a unique moveset...she has a very high chance.

Kirby Series

1) Kirby: Confirmed

2) Meta-Knight: Confirmed

3) King Dedede: THE most highly requested character on the poll! A villian rep and a fan favorite...the king will get his due in Brawl. I beg them.

Donkey Kong Series

1) Donkey Kong: Confirmed

2) Diddy Kong: Confirmed

* I think K.K Rool will be a boss

Fire Emblem Series

1) Ike: Confirmed

2) Marth: I may be padding Marth a bit, considering he was my main, but being the face of FE gives him the edge over Roy.

3) Black Knight: The best FE series villian. If not playable, will most certainly be a boss.

Metroid Series

1) Samus/ZSS: Confirmed

2) Ridley: A unique challenge to design for Brawl, however given the immense popularity of Ridley all over the world, the need of another Metroid rep, and another villian...it would be hard NOT to put him in.

* I think Dark Samus will be a boss.

Mother Series

1) Ness/Lucas: I am not quite sure which way they will go with this one. On one hand, they have been meaning to replace Ness with Lucas since Melee...however Ness is a smash veteran and I think he deserves his spot. Perhaps one will be an alt costume?

2) Claus: Wishful thinking. Another villian rep.

Other Series

1) Wario: Confirmed

2) Yoshi: Confirmed

3) Captain Falcon: A beloved Smash veteran. I don't think the captain is going anywhere.

4) Captain Olimar: Another challenge to design. However, Pikmin needs a rep and frankly there just isn't anyone better. VERY unique moveset.

5) Animal Crosser: Given the interview and the screenshots of Smashville, I would say AC is pretty much a given. Uses tools and stuff.

Retro Series

1) Pit: Confirmed (Awesome)

2) Ice-Climbers: Confirmed

3) MR G&W: I think he will be back. Probably the most uniquw character in Melee.

4) Little Mac: I thought about this for a long time and I came to the conclusion that a moveset might be challenging, but Little Mac is the PERFECT character to round off the retro classics.

Third Party

1) Snake: Confirmed

2) Sonic: This depends on a lot of factors...but I think Sakurai knows how important this character is to a lot of people. Rabid fans everywhere!

3) Geno: Love him or hate him, Geno is truly one of the most loved characters ever produced (partly) by Nintendo. I'm not sure how much trouble N would have to go through to get the rights, but if there is anyone they will go out on a limb for, it is Geno.
While I concede that Bowser Jr. has huge chances of making it in, you should probably consider Paper Mario as well. He´s probably the only realistic contender.

Sheik being cut would be nice, but that interview with Eiji Aonuma kinda confirmed him.

I see where people come from when they mention Lucario, but I don´t think he´s such a sure bet. I just don´t see tangible popularity when it comes to him. And then there´s Deoxys to consider.

Falco will almost surely make it in over Wolf.

Black Knight really doesn´t deserve it. He´d be a heavier, stronger and bulkier Ike. I mean their swords look identical. I´d be fine with him being a boss, but for the third character, why not Micaiah, Soren, Oguma, Ayra, Sheeda, Sigurd...?

Claus is awesome wishful thiking.

And while I see why Little Mac should be in SSBB, he seems to a bit insipid when we take other obscure characters into consideration (Kururin, Muddy, Saki, Mike, Tin Star, Demille, Stafy, Balloon Fighter, Alice, Mach Rider, Hakkun and so on). His moveset would be really uninspired. But again, that´s just me.

Okay, so a somewhat more sane version of my list.

SUPER MARIO (SYMBOL : Mushroom)
01. Mario
02. Luigi
03. Peach
04. Bowser
05. Paper Mario
06. Geno (THIRD PARTY - SQUARE-ENIX)

YOSHI (SYMBOL : Yoshi Egg)
07. Yoshi

DONKEY KONG (SYMBOL : "DK")
08. Donkey Kong
09. Diddy Kong

WARIOWARE (SYMBOL : "W")
10. Wario

THE LEGEND OF ZELDA (SYMBOL : Triforce)
11. Link
12. Zelda
13. Sheik
14. Ganondorf
15. Kid Link (toon-shaded)

KID ICARUS (SYMBOL : Bow & Arrow)
16. Pit

F-ZERO (SYMBOL : Falcon)
17. Captain Falcon

POKéMON (SYMBOL : Poké Ball)
18. Pikachu
19. Jigglypuff
20. Pokémon Trainer
21. Gardevoir

KIRBY (SYMBOL : Warp Star)
22. Kirby
23. Meta Knight
24. King Dedede

METROID (SYMBOL : Screw Attack)
25. Samus
26. Zero-Suit Samus
27. Ridley

PIKMIN (SYMBOL : Pikmin Head)
28. Captain Olimar

STAR FOX (SYMBOL : Great Fox)
29. Fox
30. Falco
31. Krystal

MOTHER / EARTHBOUND (SYMBOL : The Earth)
32. Lucas

ANIMAL CROSSING (SYMBOL : Leaf)
33. Animal Crosser

FIRE EMBLEM (SYMBOL : Falchion Sword)
34. Marth
35. Ike
36. Soren

ICE CLIMBER (SYMBOL : Eggplant)
37. Ice Climbers

BALLOON FIGHT (SYMBOL : Spinner)
38. Alice

GOLDEN SUN (SYMBOL : Djinni)
39. Felix

SHIN ONI GA SHIMA (SYMBOL : Pheasant)
40. Donbe

METAL GEAR SOLID (SYMBOL : FOXHOUND THIRD PARTY - KONAMI
41. Snake

SONIC (SYMBOL : Sonic Head) THIRD PARTY - SEGA
42. Sonic the Hedgehog

Snakz

Smash Ace
Confirmed
1. Mario
2. Link
3. Kirby
4. Pikachu
5. Fox
6. Samus and ZSS
7. Zelda (w/ Sheik ?)
8. Bowser
9. Donkey Kong
10. Yoshi
11. Peach
12. Ice Climbers
13. Pit
14. Wario
15. Ike
16. Pokemon Trainer
17. Diddy Kong
18. Meta Knight
19. Solid Snake
20. Lucas

Returning
21. Ganondorf
22. Luigi
23. Captain Falcon
24. Mr. Game & Watch
25. Jigglypuff
26. Mewtwo
27. Falco (or Wolf)
28. Ness (or Poo or Claus)

Newcomers
29. Geno
30. Sonic
31. Ridley
32. Captain Olimar
33. WW Link
34. Krystal
35. (AC character)
36. Black Knight or Sigurd
37. Bowser Jr.
38. King Dedede

nobletoast

Smash Journeyman
Alright here goes.

* = unlockable characters

Mario -> Doctor Mario as a costume
Luigi *
Peach
Bowser

No explanations needed I assume? I am not including Bowser Jr. but he's the next most likely. Doc is fun to play as but he could just be a costume.

Yoshi

Wario

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool *

King K. Rool is a great character and I believe he has a pretty good chance of making it. He's one of many that fit into the villian scenario I believe Sakurai is building with the Subspace Emmessary adventure mode.

Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede *

King Dedede was one of the most voted for characters. All that would keep him out is if Sakurai doesn't want to toot his own horn.

Samus / Z-Suit Samus
Ridley *

Ridley got even more votes than Dedede but I guess I could see him being a "boss only" character. I don't feel the need to include Dark Samus (though she wouldn't be a clone) or any of the hunters but some are plausible.

Captain Falcon
Black Shadow *

Black Shadow is actually very popular in Japan so if any other F-Zero character is possible it's him. I could definently live with just Cap though.

Lucas -> Ness as a costume
Mask Man *

Word has it Mother 3 elements will be present in Subspace Emmessary and I think Mask Man (who is pretty popular in Japan) suits the second slot better unless Mother 3 doesn't get a playable villian (and it might not). Lucas is confirmed and he looks to play a lot like Ness if not almost exactly like him so... being a costume may be all they can do to keep Ness besides having a Mario and Luigi type situation.

Fox -> Falco as a costume (yeah I realize that's a stretch but it's a way to keep him in)
Krystal
Wolf *

Because of the villian scenario I opted for Wolf to be in the Star Fox reps. I don't think people would want Falco to have a different move set in Brawl than in Melee so I made him a costume as well. To accomodate, Fox would be able to jump higher and land a bit slower making him somewhere between Fox and Falco from Melee. Krystal is pretty much a given.

Marth
Ike
Macaiah (sp?) or Black Knight *

I can't see them ditching Marth but Roy is out (bless his soul, I'll miss him). Marth's move set is entirely too popular to get rid of but maybe they could give Sigurd Marth's moveset. Ike is confirmed so it would make a bit of sense to have Black Knight (who was actually voted for ) at least as a boss but maybe even as a playable boss. I'd prefer Macaiah though and Brawl really could use some more female fighters and she's a caster which would be better than another sword using lord from FE.

Pokemon Trainer
Pikachu
Jigglypuff *
MewTwo *
Lucario *

I'm not entirely confindent that both Lucario and Metwo will be in it but Mewtwo makes the best "villian" out of the playable Pokemon possibilities IMO and Lucario is too popular not to at least be considered (but then again so were many that ended up just being Pokeball Pokemon). Jigglypuff will definently return and once again be an easy unlockable.

Issac *
Animal Crosser
Ray *
Captain Olimar *

New franchises are here. Animal Crossing is very likely to have a rep. Either unlockable K.K. Slider or a starter human character. Issac dang well better be a playable in Brawl but he might be overlooked. Custom Robo is world wide now so Ray has a good shot but not the best shot. In this list he's probably the "weakest link". Finally Captain Olimar deserves a shot but he'd be an okay AT.

Ice Climbers
Mr. Game & Watch
Pit
Little Mac *

Just one more retro franchise to add IMO and I'm not too hip on Balloon Fighter so I went with Little Mac who is at the very least under consideration. If a classic Japanese only character joined up it would probably be either Takamaru or Sukupon.

Wind Waker Link *
Link
Zelda / Shiek
Ganondorf *

Not a big change to the Zelda roster. WW Link is basically Young Link but with an entirely different move set to make him unique. But in all honesty I think just having Link, Zelda/Shiek and Ganondorf would suffice for the Zelda franchise.

Geno *
Snake *
Sonic *
Mega Man *

I included 4 third party. While Sakurai said "maybe 1-2 more" there could very well be 4 or even more (probably not more than 5 though).

Geno got a ton of votes so I imagine he's under a lot of consideration. Snake is already in and the other two are IMO the most likely iconic 3rd party characters to make it in. I'd like to include Bomberman as well but Geno and Mega Man have a bit more potential and Sonic was the most voted for character so the only reason he wont be in is if they can't work out a deal.

General info on this list:

45 + varients

24 starters and 21 unlockable

Lots of villians as I believe they'll be important to the story.

If I had to cut 5 to make it 40 then I'd ditch WW Link, Captain Olimar, Black Shadow, Geno (I like him but not as much as Mega Man or Sonic) and either Lucario or Mewtwo.

If I were to add 5 more to make it to 50 I'd make Ness and Falco standard characters rather than costumes and add Bomberman, Takamaru and Sukupon.
10/10 i think the only difference between yours and mine is i have Sukapon, Bowser Jr and Minda where you have Little Mac, A third Fire Emblem character and Black Shadow. If you three made it over my three id still be imensly pleased.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
My predictions:
Confirmed Returning Veterans:
1. Mario
2. Link
3. Pikachu
4. Kirby
5. Fox
6. Samus
7. DK
8. Yoshi
9. Zelda
10. Bowser
11. Peach
12. Ice Climbers

Unconfirmed Returning Veterans:
13. Luigi
14. Ganondorf
15. Jigglypuff
16. Mr. Game & Watch
17. Marth
18. Captain Falcon

Confirmed Newcomers:
19. Pit
20. Metaknight
21. Wario
22. Snake
23. Ike
24. Pokemon Trainer
25. Diddy Kong
26. Lucas

Unconfirmed Newcomers:
27. Captain Olimar
28. Krystal
29. Tom Nook
30. Paper Mario
31. WW Link
32. Lucario
33. Ridley
34. King Dedede
35. Wolf
36. Claus
37. Gardevoir
38. Wolf Link/Midna
39. Little Mac
40. Sukapon
41. Bowser Jr.
42. Sonic
43. Micaiah
44. Bomberman
45. Geno

This is as near to a perfect list as I can create.

Veterans Not Returning:
Ness
Mewtwo
Pichu
Roy
Dr. Mario
Falco

Prominent candidates not on list:
Megaman
Balloon Fighter
Mach Rider
Isaac
Black Knight
Stafy
Vaati

and others I don't recall.

Django_EXE

Smash Apprentice
Take route 666 west, then drive 13 miles past meph
Hmm.. despite the unpopularness of my abundance of 3rd parties (not saying i want this many, I just cant choose who i want most, even though I know MM, and Sonic are the likely choice) I'm putting this out there

Starters:

Mario:
Mario
Peach
Bowser
Luigi (LM Vacuum Side& Down b, and maybe FS)

DK:
DK
Diddy Kong

Yoshi:
Yoshi

WarioWare:
Wario

LoZ:
Link
Zelda/Sheik

Mother:
Ness
Lucas (looks like he has different moves as ness, so I still stand on the fact that ness may still be with us)

StarFox:
Fox

Metroid:
Samus/ZSS

F-zero:
C. Falcon

Kirby:
Kirby

Poke’mon:
Pikachu
PT

Fire Emblem:
Marth
Ike

Kid Icarus:
Pit

Other:
IC

Unlockables:

Mario:
Bowser Jr./ Shadow Mario
Paper Mario
Geno

DK:
King K. Rool

Yoshi
Boshi

LoZ:
Ganondorf
Vaati ('nother recent villian)
Midna / Wolf-Link
Young Link (Celda)

Mother:
Claus (Couldn't think of another good mother unlockable)

StarFox:
Wolf
Krystal
Falco

Metroid:
Ridley
1-2 Hunters

F-zero:
Black Shadow

Kirby:
Meta-Knight (seems Unlockable)
King Dedede

Poke’mon:
Lucario
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo

Fire Emblem:
Hector (maybe? dont know many FE chars)

Golden Sun:
Isaac (one of my favorite game serieses)
Alex (a powerful manipulative villain, that could work well for SE)

Other:
Tom Nook (I perfer not to count any character out untill sakurai says so, or the game is out and I see the Final roster)
Ray MK I
Mr. G&W
Some smash origonal or Sukapon (the final unlockable)

3rd Party:

Snake (duh)
Liquid Snake (I always liked his fighting style
Testament (from ZOE: FOM) (one of my favorite TBRPGs)
Sonic (pretty obvious)
Shadow (I like the anti-hero, dark aspect, and a good place to dump the "chaos" moves)
Megaman (X) (a popular form of MM [with classic as alt]
Megaman.exe (Not a clone, Very different moves[w/ SF as alt])2
Bass.exe (W/ classic bass as alt, also is a cool villain)
Zero (with Zero(X), and Protoman.exe as alts)
Django (Sabata, Aaron and Red Ringo are alternate costumes)(not needed to unlock stuff, is an Easter-egg character)
Nightmare (Paying back the favor of Link in SCII)
Siegfried (clone of Nightmare, but as his apperance in IV)
Ivy

Some of my reluctant (and some not so reluctant) removals

Doc Mario: never really added much
Roy: He was a promotional char, and Ike kinda takes his place
Pichu: it was an Emo pikachu, that didnt realy add much

and Django was really just a wish from me, not actualy to be included in my realistic roster (this minus some 3rd parties , and Alex, and some others, plus olimar, and others

Marcman2020

Smash Cadet
1. Mario (Alternate costume: Doctor Mario and fire flower costume mario)
2. Luigi
3. Princess Peach (Alternate Costume: Daisy)
4. Yoshi
5. Toad
6. Marth (Alternate costume: Roy)
7. Sparkster
8. Pikachu
9. Jiggly Puff
10. Wario (Atlernate costume: Classic wario outfit)
11. Waluigi
12. Meowth w/ team rocket final smash
13. Donkey Kong
14. Diddy Kong
15. Dixie Kong
16. Kiddie Kong or DK Jr
17. Pit
18. Ike
19. Pokemon Trainer (Alternate costume: Girl Pokemon trainer)
20. Wolf
21. Fox
22. Krystal
23. Falco
24. Metaknight
25. Kirby
26. KingDeedeedee
27. Lil Mac
28. Lip
29. Samus/Zero Suit Samus (As long as she stays zero suit for the rest of the match after final smash has been activated)
30. Zero (Megaman series)
31. Ridley
32. Zelda/Sheik
33. Captain Olimar
34. Ness (Alternate costume: Lucas)
35. Paula
36. Jeff
37. Poo
38. Link
39. Wind Waker Link
40. Sonic
41. Tails
42. Snake
43. Simon Belmont (or Ricter Belmont)
44. Bomberman
45. Megaman (Alternate costume: Megaman X)
46. Alucard
47. Banjo Kazooie
48. Ganondorf (NOT A CAPTAIN FALCON CLONE)
49. Captain Falcon
50. Starfy (Alternate costume: Starpy)
51. Sephiroth
52. Ryu (Alternate costume: Ken or Akuma)
53. Cloud Strife
54. Terra Branford
55. Balloon Man/Balloon fighter
56. Mog/Moogle
57. Mach Rider
58. Jill
59. Sigurd
60.Sukapon

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
2. Luigi
4. Yoshi
5. Toad
7. Sparkster
8. Pikachu
9. Jiggly Puff
11. Waluigi
13. Donkey Kong
14. Diddy Kong
15. Dixie Kong
16. Kiddie Kong or DK Jr
17. Pit
18. Ike
20. Wolf
21. Fox
22. Krystal
23. Falco
24. Metaknight
25. Kirby
26. KingDeedeedee
27. Lil Mac
28. Lip
29. Samus/Zero Suit Samus (As long as she stays zero suit for the rest of the match after final smash has been activated)
31. Ridley
32. Zelda/Sheik
33. Captain Olimar
35. Paula
36. Jeff
37. Poo
38. Link
39. Wind Waker Link
40. Sonic
41. Tails
42. Snake
44. Bomberman
46. Alucard
47. Banjo Kazooie
49. Captain Falcon
51. Sephiroth
53. Cloud Strife
54. Terra Branford
56. Mog/Moogle
57. Mach Rider
58. Jill
59. Sigurd
60.Sukapon
This made me cry OVER 9000 times.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
I made TWO lists over the days but my thoughts are always changing!

MARIO SERIES
Mario- Confirmed
Luigi- Mario without luigi? *barfs*
Bowser- Confirmed
Peach- Confirmed
Bowser Jr.- Yeah i know, but hey, he fits in Brawl perfectly and could be 100% clone free.

ZELDA SERIES
Link- I think he's confirmed... = )
Zelda- Confirmed
Ganondorf- Ganon revamped would be teh secks.

KIRBY SERIES
Kirby- Confirmed
Metaknight- Confirmed!
Dedede- Yes, Sakurai IS modest. But he did the best on the poll and is rumored to beremoved from melee or one of them XD

METROID SERIES
Samus/Zamus- Uh-huh
Ridley- I'm not sure i have to give a reason for Ridley.

F-ZERO SERIES
Falcon- Yes, him alone. That would suit just great.

POKEMON SERIES
Pikachu- I'm afraid so...
Mewtwo- He could be great if he was tweaked with.
Lucario- This is the Ridley of the pokemon series.
Jigglypuff- i don't care i just want it in.
Pokemon Trainer- My fav!

STARFOX SERIES
Fox- He's confrmed.
Krystal- She would chalk up another for the females without sucking.
Wolf- He's badass and they need a villian. Wolf>Falco

DK SERIES
Donkeykong- Confirmed.
Diddy- Confirmoed!!!

YOSHI SERIES
Yoshi- Yes, Mario's ride is in.

EARTHBOUND SERIES
Lucas- Confirmed
Ness- He needs to be in to feed both ness and lucas fans.

WARIOWARE SERIES
Wario- He's here, and he's farting...

FIRE EMBLEM SERIES
Ike-Confirmed.
Hector- I don't think there is a dude with an axe in here...

CLIMBER SERIES?
Ice Climbers- Be happy! There in!

GAME AND WATCH SERIES
Mr. Game and Watch- He's original so suck it.

PIKMIN SERIES
Olimar- He'd be- *seizure*

BALLOON SERIES
Balloon Fighter- No particular reason, but would interesting to see.

3RD PARTY
Snake- Kojimi begged, and were happy because of it.
Sonic- Uh... Self explanatory.
Geno- He's too badass to pass up and hass good chances.

Snakz

Smash Ace
2. Luigi
4. Yoshi
5. Toad
7. Sparkster
8. Pikachu
9. Jiggly Puff
11. Waluigi
13. Donkey Kong
14. Diddy Kong
15. Dixie Kong
16. Kiddie Kong or DK Jr
17. Pit
18. Ike
20. Wolf
21. Fox
22. Krystal
23. Falco
24. Metaknight
25. Kirby
26. KingDeedeedee
27. Lil Mac
28. Lip
31. Ridley
32. Zelda/Sheik
33. Captain Olimar
35. Paula
36. Jeff
37. Poo
38. Link
39. Wind Waker Link
40. Sonic
41. Tails
42. Snake
44. Bomberman
46. Alucard
47. Banjo Kazooie
49. Captain Falcon
51. Sephiroth
53. Cloud Strife
54. Terra Branford
56. Mog/Moogle
57. Mach Rider
58. Jill
59. Sigurd
60.Sukapon
How the hell can you have 60 characters and NOT have Geno!? this list fails, sorry

Marcman2020

Smash Cadet
This made me cry OVER 9000 times.
Sorry, didn't know it would be THAT bad...

How the hell can you have 60 characters and NOT have Geno!? this list fails, sorry
Well, these lists represent the characters that we individually would like to see make it to Brawl. I never cared for Geno, never saw how he was cool or why people made a big deal about him. I admit super mario RPG was good, but Geno was never a character to catch my interest, therefor he didn't make it to my roster

same reason I didn't put Lucari/Rukario on my list... I don't think much of him, despite his popularity...

Ryuuseiken Marth

Smash Apprentice
Here's my list, which is a slightly prophetic list of Dojo updates. I will create a list of ATs later

New Characters(24 or 28):

Pit
Wario
Zero Suit Samus
Ike(A FE4 character, like Sigurd or Leif may be revealed)

Pokemon Trainer
Diddy Kong
Metaknight
Snake

Lucas
King Dedede
Krystal
Ridley

Animal Crossing Char(or Tom Nook)
Bowser Jr
Isaac
Takamaru

Andy
Geno
Captain Olimar
Little Mac

Sami(maybe)
Mii(maybe. The icon in online is sort of evidence)
Mallow(maybe)
Ray 01(maybe, but it's still possible)

Simon Belmont
Crono(and/or Sora, due to the Musicians section)
Megaman(There is quite a lot of involvement from Capcom in the musicians section. Namco, ehh, notsomuch)
Sonic

---------------------------------------

Returning Characters(24):

Mario
Link
Kirby
Pikachu

Fox
Samus
Zelda
Bowser

Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Peach
Ice Climbers

Ness(Paula or another Earthbound character might be revealed as well)
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Mewtwo

Captain Falcon(Black Shadow might be revealed as well, but the Cap's power might be boosted instead)
Luigi
Falco
Roy(The Lyn Assist Trophy partially disproves the naysayers)

Mewtwo
Shiek(Or Pichu. Shiek could be revealed as part of a Zelda update)
Game&Watch
Young Link(Cel Shaded)
-----------------------------------------

Boss Characters(Not necessarily in any order, or whether or not they'll appear.):

Petey Piranha
Ancient Minister
Claus
Giygas
Pokey
Dynablade
Meta Ridley
Dark Samus
Ganon
Giga Bowser
Team Rocket(or Blue)
Sturm(Though it would be weird with the similarities between him and the Ancient Minister)
Master Hand
Crazy Hand
Andross(organic version)
Gray Fox
Liquid Snake
Marx
Medusa
King K Rool
Black Knight
Mamkute Medeus(Fire Emblem)

Little Red Corvette

Smash Apprentice
Characters with Alts in Parentheses, ranging from pre-existng palette swaps(Daisy and Bloodhawk) to completely different people. List of 40, not counting PT as three, but counting other transformations, with one exception, as two. After lists, suggestions that might make it if they go for more.

1. Mario(Dr. Mario)
2. Luigi(Waluigi/Mr. L)
3. Princess Peach(Princess Daisy)
4. Bowser(Dennis Hopper?)
5. Bowser Jr. w/ Shadow Mario Transformation, which would simply be a darkened version of Mario with his Down+B changed from FLUDD to Transformation back to Bowser Jr. (The different masks he wears? Not sure on this one either)
6. Yoshi(Birdo/Boshi)
7. Wario(Classic Wario Look)
8. Pikachu(Pichu)
9. Jigglypuff(Igglybuff)
10. Mewtwo(Lucario)
11. Pokemon Trainer(Female Pokemon Trainer)
12. Samus(Fusion/Other Suit she doesn't use)
13. Zero Suit Samus(Justin Bailey)
14. Ridley(Other version of Ridley? Don't know series well enough here)
15. Kirby(Gooey)
16. King D^3(Bonkers? Naw...)
17. Meta-Knight(Shadow Version/Maskless)
18. Lucas(Ness)
19. Ice Climbers (?)
20. Captain Falcon(Bloodhawk/Black Shadow?)
21. Animal Crossing Villager(Other Gender)
22. Donkey Kong(Classic Version?)
23. Diddy Kong(Donkey Kong Jr./Dixie Kong?)
24. Fox(Falco/Wolf)
25. Krystal(?)
26. Link(Fierce Diety Form/Without Hero's Tunic)
27. Zelda(ALTTP Zelda with the blue dress)
28. Sheik(Impa)
29. Ganondorf(Windwaker Ganondorf?)
30. Windwaker Link(Beginning without the tunic look)
31. Skapon(One of the other robots - which one is most popular after him?)
32. Mr. Game & Watch (Anything...)
33. Marth(Sigurd)
34. Ike(Roy)
35. Micaiah(Other prominent female FE mage... None come to mind now)
36. Olimar(Louie)
37. Isaac(Felix)
38. Bomberman(Max?)
39. Sonic(Shadow)
40. Solid Snake(Big boss?)
------
41. MegaMan(MegaMan X)
42. Lucario
43. Takamaru
44. Stafy
45. Claus
46. Geno

I'll have to post a thread explaining this admitedly standard list one day.

Conner

Smash Journeyman
I have posted on this thread, but I have a different selection now:

Veterans

1. Mario
2. Link
3. Pikachu
4. Kirby
5. Fox
6. Samus
7. Zelda/Sheik
8.Captain Falcon
9.Ice Climbers
10. DK
11. Bowser
12. Yoshi
13. Peach
14. Marth
15. Jigglypuff
16. Mewtwo
17. Luigi
18. Falco
19. Ganondorf
20. Mr. Game and Watch

not returning and why:
Dr. Mario - a clone of Mario with pills
Ness - probably being replaced by Lucas
Young Link - clone
Pichu - a clone that hurts itself
Roy - clone

Newcomers

21. Pit
22. Wario
23. ZS-Samus
24. Ike
25. Pokemon Trainer
26. Diddy Kong
27. Meta Knight
28. Lucas
29. King Dedede
30. Lucario
31. Bowser Jr. (no Shadow Mario)
32. Wolf O'Donnel
33. Black Shadow (F-Zero)
34. Ridley
35. Krystal
36. ????????
37. ????????

Third Party characters

38. Snake
39. Sonic
40. Megaman

I couldn't think of two other characters for 36 and 37, but that would be my ideal selection.

XACE-K

Smash Master
44 characters

• Mario
  • Peach
  • Bowser
  • Luigi
  • Bowser Jr. or Geno
  • Link
  • Zelda
  • Ganondorf(with sword)
  • WW Link
  • Midna or Sheik
  • Pikachu
  • Jigglypuff
  • Mewtwo
  • Pokemon Trainer
  • Lucario
  • Kirby
  • Metaknight
  • King Dedede
  • Fox
  • Falco
  • Krystal
  • Samus/Zamus
  • Ridley
  • Ike
  • Marth
  • Micaiah
  • DK
  • Diddy
  • Yoshi
  • Wario
  • Ness
  • Lucas
  • Claus
  • Captain Falcon
  • Captain Olimar
  • Issac
  • Mr.Game and Watch
  • Pit
  • Ice Climbers
  • Snake
  • Sonic
  • Megaman
  • King K. Rool
  • Takamura

Grandeza

Smash Master
mario
luigi
peach
bowser
bowser jr. or geno

pikachu
jigglypuff
pokemon trainer
mewtwo
lucario

donkey kong
diddy kong
k. rool

link
zelda/shiek
ganondorf
ww link

fox
falco
krystal

ike
marth
micaiah

lucas
claus

yoshi

kirby
meta-knight
dedede

samus/zamus
ridley

captain falcon

wario

sonic
snake
mega man

pit
ice climbers
captain olimar
mr g&w

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
Here would be my final roster:

Mario

Mario
Bowser
Peach
Luigi
Geno

The most predictable Mario Roster. I believe Geno will make it in as the 5th mario rep because he is more unique and popular than any other Mario character at the moment. The only other one I could see in is Bowser Jr., but I really doubt it.

Donkey Kong

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool

This could be a likely roster for the DK series. Donkey and Diddy are good enough, I don't think Dixie is really another necessary Kong, but if she were in, I think she would make an ok character. K. Rool I'm hoping for, I believe he could be as unique as Bowser and King DeDeDe and would be fit for the SSE plot.

The Legend Of Zelda

Link
Zelda
Shiek
Ganondorf
WW Link

Zelda series needs more reps. In the end I believe Sheik, Ganondorf and WW Link are the likely next reps. Sheik was one of the most unique characters in SSBM, I can't imagine her/him being left out. Ganondorf definitely needs to come back and I believe with his TP costume and sword would make a perfect addition. WW Link is likely to replace Young Link, especially since WW Link is unique and would represent WW, Phantom Hourglass games, while TP Link will obviously represent TP.

Metroid

Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Ridley

I'm not too familiar with the Metroid series. The only metroid games I've played are Metroid and Super Metroid. But I'm well aware of who Ridley is and how good he would be for Smash. I believe is about time Metroid got a villain rep and who better than Ridley to take the spot. Not to mention he'll also be good enough for the SSE plot.

Kirby

Kirby
Metaknight
King DeDeDe

The Kirby series reps are good enough as it is now. All the best Kirby reps are already in and I don't think they need any more than the ones they have now.

Star Fox

Fox
Falco
Wolf
Krystal

The Star Fox series also needs more reps. And I believe Falco, Krystal and Wolf are suited for the Job. Fox needs a partner, and who better than Falco/Krystal, especially since they both are uniue characters who are likely to have unique sets. I don't really expect Wolf to make it, but I would want him in order to represent Star Fox as a villain.

Pokemon

Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
Mewtwo
Jigglypuff

I honestly believe the PK series is well represented as it is by PT and Pikachu. But if there had to be more, then I would definitely want Mewtwo and Jigglypuff back in. Mewtwo is capable of having a better moveset if he were being worked more closely on. And well Jigglypuff is a vet and should return to Smash once more.

Fire Emblem

Ike
Marth

I'm not too familiar with the FE series either. The only FE game I've played has been the first one they released on the GBA. But I believe Ike and Marth should represent the series, since both characters are popular enough to represent the series on their onw and would make excellent characters in Smash together.

Mother/Earthbound

Lucas
Ness
Claus

The Mother series needs more reps as well. I'm aware of the huge argument going on about whether or not Ness will return. I honestly believe Ness is in and hope he will make it, since I believe he and Lucas would make a great team. Claus would also be perfect as a villain rep.

F-Zero

Captain Falcon

F-Zero series is as good as it is now. I'm just waiting on Capt. Falcon's confirmation.

Yoshi

Yoshi

Yoshi is good enough as it is as well. He could always be considered as part of the Mario series after all.

Wario

Wario

Wario is also good enough as it is as well. Besides he looks like the type of guy who works alone.

Retro

Ice Climbers
Pit
Mr. Game & Watch
Balloon Fighter

Retro characters have always been fun to use in Smash. I believe Mr G&M will return and if there had to another retro character. I believe Balloon Fighter would make an interesting character.

Third Party

Sonic
Snake
Megaman

I honestly don't think we'll get another 3rd party, but if we did, it'll no doubt have to be Megaman. He would make one of the most interesting characters to use in Smash and his popularity would go through the roof. Imo, his addition would be the best one yet.

Other Newcomers

Captain Olimar
Isaac
Ray 01

As for other newcomers, I believe Capt Olimar, Isaac and Ray 01 might make an appearance. Capt Olimar would make another unique character to use, Isaac another great sword user and Ray 01 would make a fine character.

For a total of 45 characters :cool:

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Mushroom Kingdom Brawlers
Mario - Confirmed
Luigi - We definently need Luigi, he's been in the last two smash games and we've come to know and love him. Vacuum pack side B move please.
Peach - Confirmed
Bowser - Confirmed
Yoshi - Confirmed
Geno - I need not say more besides those four letters of pure awesome.
Kongo Jungle Brawlers
Donkey Kong - Confirmed
Diddy Kong - Confirmed - Can't be more happy he finally made it.
King K. Rool - All his forms lead to a mighty unique moveset.
Hyrule Brawlers
Link - Confirmed
Ganondorf - Too awesome appearance in TP to ignore. New moveset with his sword please.
Zelda - Confirmed
WW Link - And the only way I think he should get in is replacing Young Link.
Dreamland Brawlers
Meta Knight - Confirmed
King Dedede - Confirmed
Kirby - Confirmed
Fire Emblem Brawlers
Ike - Confirmed
Marth - Please do make a return; one of my mains from melee.
Michaiah - Well, it works against the more females for Brawl argument right?
Pokemon Brawlers
Pokemon Trainer - Confirmed
Pikachu - Confirmed
Mewtwo - We need him back and his shadow powers.
Lucario - Probably the most requested Pokemon brawler.
Jigglypuff - A combo machine.
3rd Party Brawlers
Snake - Confirmed
Sonic - Confirmed
Megaman - It's his 20th anniversary, give him a worthwhile gift. Besides, he's no stranger to Nintendo or converting into fighting games.
Star Fox Brawlers
Fox - Confirmed
Falco - Make a return with your own moveset.
Krystal - Sakurai seems to like her, and once again more females for Brawl argument.
Mother Brawlers
Lucas - Confirmed
The Masked Man - Just too cool, potential for a moveset.
Retro Brawlers
Game and Watch - Surprised the hell out of me when I unlocked him in Melee.
Takamaru - Yeah, I don't like Sukapon.
Metroid Brawlers
Samus - Confirmed
Ridley - Yeah, he's popular.
Warioware Brawlers
Wario - Confirmed
Ashley - If anyone else, it's got to be her.
Kid Icarus Brawlers
Pit - Confirmed
F-Zero Brawlers
Captain Falcon - FALCON PAUUUUUUNCH!
Other Brawlers
Captain Olimar - Pikmin owns. Unique moveset.
Isaac - Golden Sun = pure win.

Top Bottom