• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Argue YOUR final roster!

g-juice656

Smash Cadet
sorry for all these comments!!! well good luck anyways nice thread anyways!!!!!!!! SHADOW FOR BRAWL!!!

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
Well the gun types he uses I don't thin k Sakurai is allowing them........ And I didn't mean you can't comment I mean don't double post... =/

Ninja Kiyo

Smash Rookie
Golden Sun - I try not to hide my disbelief that Golden Sun will have a playable rep. It was good then, but no one remembers it unless they think about the games they used to play on the GBA.
Why shouldn't Golden Sun get repped? It was popular enough to get a sequel, and it is considered the best original Japanese-style RPG on the GBA, plus Isaac was on Sakurai's polls.

Time isn't an issue. I mean, did people even know about Ice Climbers before they appeared in Melee? I know I didn't.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Thanks, I think it's a little wishful thinking on my part to have 50+ chars, but it would be great.

You forgot the Mother series, shame on you!

I know I know :(

I fixed it.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Golden Sun - I try not to hide my disbelief that Golden Sun will have a playable rep. It was good then, but no one remembers it unless they think about the games they used to play on the GBA.
Golden Sun and it's sequel was THE best GBA game I've ever played. I loved the gameplay, and storyline.
Isaac's not too impossible when you think about it.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
You have no clue what you're talking about. It is not a forgotten series at all. In fact Nintendo and Camelot both really want to make a new Golden Sun game. I'm not making that up, it's not just a rumor, it was from a real interview.

Golden Sun deserves a playable rep definitely.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Golden Sun series: - Erm. I'm going to walk on thin ice, but No. It's definitely not a safe-bet. He's not current since he was left in the last generation and there are no plans to bring him back, and he's too new to be retro. But let's say GS gets representation. There is no way in any universe that it would get two representatives, especially when they'd be the same concept.
Camelot wants to make a new Golden Sun. Nintendo wants Camelot to make a new Golden Sun. Camelot simply hasn't gotten around to it. Besides, I don't understand how "he's too new to be retro" affects his chances. Olimar is last-gen, too, so he's also "too new to be retro." Why should he get in?

Pikmin - Yes, totally needs in.
I don't understand that reasoning. Couldn't you make the same argument for Pikmin? And why should that so drastically effect his chances? It's not like the GBA was unpopular, or that Golden Sun wasn't critically acclaimed.

Golden Sun Franchise: - Good, but it's kind of died down.
Just like Pikmin.

Pikmin and Golden Sun are both in the same boat. Both were critically-acclaimed, 2-game series from the previous generation, both owned by Nintendo (Nintendo fully owns the rights to the GS characters and music, and shares the rest of the rights with Camelot), and neither series is dead, but Nintendo/Camelot are not currently hard at work on them yet. The only differences are that Pikmin was designed by Miyamoto and the Pikmin games were on the GC, while the Golden Sun games were on the GBA. Why is Olimar a shoo-in, but Isaac is not?

EDIT: Seems I'm not the only one that found your lack of faith disturbing. :p

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Camelot wants to make a new Golden Sun. Nintendo wants Camelot to make a new Golden Sun. Camelot simply hasn't gotten around to it. Besides, I don't understand how "he's too new to be retro" affects his chances. Olimar is last-gen, too, so he's also "too new to be retro." Why should he get in?

I don't understand that reasoning. Couldn't you make the same argument for Pikmin? And why should that so drastically effect his chances? It's not like the GBA was unpopular, or that Golden Sun wasn't critically acclaimed.

Just like Pikmin.

Pikmin and Golden Sun are both in the same boat. Both were critically-acclaimed, 2-game series from the previous generation, both owned by Nintendo (Nintendo fully owns the rights to the GS characters and music, and shares the rest of the rights with Camelot), and neither series is dead, but Nintendo/Camelot are not currently hard at work on them yet. The only differences are that Pikmin was designed by Miyamoto and the Pikmin games were on the GC, while the Golden Sun games were on the GBA. Why is Olimar a shoo-in, but Isaac is not?

Because Olimar got more votes on Sakurai's poll, and that seems to be what hes focusing on, plus there are many, many more people who'd like to see Olimar and the Pikmin join the brawl, and they will

Isaac would be awesome, and has good chances because he got votes on the poll

But don't you talk about Pikmin that way.

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
What the hell, I'll give it a shot

Mario:

Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Bowser Jr
Geno

DK:

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
K. Rool

Zelda:

Link
Zelda (No Sheik)
Ganondorf
Midna
Young Link (Wind Waker themed)

Metroid:

Samus
Ridley
Dark Samus

Mother:

Lucas
Claus

F-Zero

Captain Falcon

Fire Emblem:

Marth
Ike
Micaiah

Kirby:

Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

Star Fox:

Fox
Falco
Krystal
Wolf

Pokemon:

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Pokemon Trainer
Lucario

Wario:

Wario

Yoshi:

Yoshi
Kamek

Pikmin:

C. Olimar

Golden Sun:

Isaac

Custom Robo:

Ray 01

Retro:

Pit
Ice Climbers
Mr Game and Watch
Sukapon

Third Party:

Sonic
Megaman
Snake
Bomberman
Pacman

I don't know if I forgot anyone, it's big, but whatever, feedback?
Yours is like an extended version of mine, minus Takamaru and Animal Crosser. Nice list, but the only one I would disagree with is Kamek.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Because Olimar got more votes on Sakurai's poll, and that seems to be what hes focusing on, plus there are many, many more people who'd like to see Olimar and the Pikmin join the brawl, and they will
Olimar has 3 votes, while Isaac has 2. That's not much of a difference, considering some confirmed characters and shoo-ins (Lucas, Megaman) have 2 or fewer votes, while some characters (Pokemon Trainer, Sonic) are in even though they didn't even appear on the poll. That poll doesn't really mean that much. If I recall correctly, Felix had 1 vote too, so the Golden Sun series got just as many votes as Pikmin.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
When people make statements like this it'd be nice if they are able to back them up.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
When people make statements like this it'd be nice if they are able to back them up.
True, I didnt back it up, but I merely used this less than adequate statement because I didnt want to find my argument as to why Olimar is going to be in Brawl, but now I think I had to, so heres my originally posted reply from the Olimar Thread, defending Olimar's honor

I don't want his as an AT...I want to MAIN him! Olimar has the potential to be the most kick*** and unquie character. Waluigi was destined to be AT but I thought more for Stafy. I don't want to see my favorite astronaut as an AT, and neither should anyone else. "Everytime you say Olimar won't be in Brawl, a puppy dies," (best quote ever)
Olimar IS going to be in Brawl. As a PC, NOT an AT, heres why:

1. Olimar is from an original, best-selling, nintendo-only series.

2. He scored 6th on Sakurai's poll, tied with 3 others. Someone below him made it (Lucas)

3. Olimar's games were created by Shigeru Miyamoto. the creator of Yoshi, MARIO, LoZ and Star Fox. Every one of those series have at least one rep in smash.

4. If Miyamoto suggested Sakurai put Olimar in, he would

5. Olimar has been in more than one game, recently, and both have been popular (to my knoledge) (Exceptions to thise are Pit and the ICs, who have only appeared in one other game to date.) THis isnt really a requirement for Olimar to be in, it just helps his chances a little bit I think.

6. ATs are for unimportant characters, I mean look at Waluigi. Olimar has FAR too much potential to be reduced to an AT.

7. Olimar has so many moveset options, given he has 5 different types of Pikmin, two different sprays, and a spaceship to deal with.

Furthermore, Is there a single nintendo Fan who cant say they know who Captain olimar, or on a wider scale, what Pikmin is?

On the contrary, Can EVERYONE say theyve heard of Isaac as a character? I certainly hadnt, and then finally I remembered Golden Sun, and yet i know people who havent even heard of Golden Sun.

As I said in my above reasons, Olimar and Pikmin in general were produced by Miyamoto, which make his chances very high to be in Brawl, plusPikmin is, saying again, a nintendo ONLY series, also increasing his chances.

Plus, Olimar would bring a much more unique element to the field than Isaac, although Isaac would be a great addition, having 5 or so Pikmin as AI would make a very interesting character.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Miyamoto suggested that Sakurai utilize motion-sensitivity in the controls, and that obviously didn't happen. ;)
Well I dont think thats quite the same thing. Motion sensitivity in the controls in smash would be quirky, and unreasonable. I sat up one night trying to figure out how that would work, and didnt come up with anything. Im sure Sakurai had the same dillemma, so he had to tell miyamoto no.

Character suggestion is quite another thing mind you.

del-boy

Smash Journeyman
No thanks. I believe Zelda is best represented with the three main characters. The rest are just unnecessary. Mario doesn't need anymore reps than I gave it either. I would have had Toad, but he's deconfirmed. Beyond that there really aren't any characters worthy of making it.

Sorry... but I don't quite understand this logic. It's not proven.

Zelda is nintendo 3rd best selling nintendo franchise so it should have more and in no wayit is going to get less characters.

I not it is not provenbut it does make they less likely.

del-boy

Smash Journeyman
Why would someone remove them he/she would be awsome... And one of the first non fighting games to be in a fighting game... And Animal Crossing has EVERYTHING else... So it's fair they get a playable.
Yes it is fair but not likely.

Giga Pichu

Smash Apprentice
Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario
Peach
Geno
D.K.
Diddy Kong
Yoshi
Wario
Link
Young Link (wind waker)
Zelda
Midna
Ganondorf
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Lucario
Pokemon Trainer
Kirby
Meta-Knight
King Dedede
Fox
Falco
Krystal
Samus/Zero-Suit Samus
Ridley
Dark Samus
Ike
Micaiah
Lucas
Claus
Capitan Falcon
Capitan Olimar
Animal Crosser
Pit
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game and Watch
Snake
Sonic
Megaman/Bomberman/Pac-Man (so hard to chose....)

WhipIt1

Smash Cadet
Well, here's my roster. *=unlockable

Mario

Mario
Peach
Bowser
Luigi*
Bowser Jr*
Geno*

LoZ

Link
Zelda/Shiek
Gannondorf*
WW Link*
Midna*

Pokemon

Pikachu
PT
Jiggs*
Mewtwo*
Lucario or Blaziken*

Kirby

Kirby
MetaKnight
DeDeDe

DK

DK
Diddy
KRool*

Metroid

Samus/ZSS
Ridley*

Yoshi

Yoshi

Wario

Wario
Another Wario Ware Character(Mona, Ashley ect)*

Star Fox

Fox
Falco
Krystal*

F-Zero

Captain Falcon

Mother/Earthbound

Lucas
Claus*

Fire Emblem

Ike
Marth*
Micaiah*

Other

Ray 01*
Tom Nook*
Captain Olimar*
Mii*

Retro

Ice Climbers
Pit
Mr.G&W*
Sukapon*
Balloon Fighter*

3rd Party

Snake*
Sonic*
Megaman*

Total: 48

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Zelda is nintendo 3rd best selling nintendo franchise so it should have more and in no wayit is going to get less characters.
It doesn't matter to me. I still think those three represent the Zelda games the best.

I not it is not provenbut it does make they less likely.
Not really.

del-boy

Smash Journeyman
Well, here's my roster. *=unlockable

Mario

Mario
Peach
Bowser
Luigi*
Bowser Jr*
Geno*

LoZ

Link
Zelda/Shiek
Gannondorf*
WW Link*
Midna*

Pokemon

Pikachu
PT
Jiggs*
Mewtwo*
Lucario or Blaziken*

Kirby

Kirby
MetaKnight
DeDeDe

DK

DK
Diddy
KRool*

Metroid

Samus/ZSS
Ridley*

Yoshi

Yoshi

Wario

Wario
Another Wario Ware Character(Mona, Ashley ect)*

Star Fox

Fox
Falco
Krystal*

F-Zero

Captain Falcon

Mother/Earthbound

Lucas
Claus*

Fire Emblem

Ike
Marth*
Micaiah*

Other

Ray 01*
Tom Nook*
Captain Olimar*
Mii*

Retro

Ice Climbers
Pit
Mr.G&W*
Sukapon*
Balloon Fighter*

3rd Party

Snake*
Sonic*
Megaman*

Total: 48
Tom Nook
Get rid of Blaziken, Another Wario Ware Character and Tom Nook.

8.3 out of 10.

Why shouldn't Golden Sun get repped? It was popular enough to get a sequel, and it is considered the best original Japanese-style RPG on the GBA, plus Isaac was on Sakurai's polls.

Time isn't an issue. I mean, did people even know about Ice Climbers before they appeared in Melee? I know I didn't.
Ice Climbers were way more important than Isaac, they starred in an NES launch game.

Golden Sun and it's sequel was THE best GBA game I've ever played. I loved the gameplay, and storyline.
Isaac's not too impossible when you think about it.
I never said impossible. I said unlikely.

You have no clue what you're talking about. It is not a forgotten series at all. In fact Nintendo and Camelot both really want to make a new Golden Sun game. I'm not making that up, it's not just a rumor, it was from a real interview.

Golden Sun deserves a playable rep definitely.
We heard that Camelot wishes to make another installment and that Nintendo is encouraging them to, but we also heard that they have not planned to make one, which means that if we do get a GS3, it'll be announced a good time after Brawl is released.

Just like Pikmin.

Pikmin is a first party Nintendo game, and Pikmin was sort of promoted in Melee. A different situation, since getting input and all of the information (because honestly, just because Nintendo owns Isaac doesn't mean they could provide Sakurai with the knowledge and ability to do just to him) is much easier when the info comes from your publisher.

Also, the "too old to be current, and too new to be retro" comment basically says that he falls into neither category of inclusion. Retro and current characters are most likely for inclusion.

del-boy

Smash Journeyman
It doesn't matter to me. I still think those three represent the Zelda games the best.

They are with 2 other characters, zelda had 4 characters melee so they are not going to get less. If you do not like Young Link then add Vaati and Midna.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
They are with 2 other characters, zelda had 4 characters melee so they are not going to get less. If you do not like Young Link then add Vaati and Midna.
Midna/Wolf Link maybe, but Vaati? He was so un-important outside of his 3 games.

I mean I played all 3, minish cap, FSA and FS. I didnt truly enjoy any of them, and thats what most of the public feels as well Im sure

Maybe Vaati will be an At, but not a PC.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
The fact of the matter is there really aren't any very important characters to the series of Zelda as a whole other than Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf. I would throw in Midna, but she only appeared in TP. If she became a reoccurring character, maybe, but somehow I doubt it from the end of TP.

The only really important character is Young Link, which is really just another Link. The Link we have right now represents ALL Links fine.

Why? It has no moves used by any other Link besides the TP Link, so the very notion that it represents the current, most well-known and most common version of Link is absurd.

This Link in SSBB is a realistic adult whose moves come primarily from TP. The Link proposed to represent the cartoonyness of the series is a cartoony kid whose moves would come primarily from his games.

The only way Link represents all Links is that his name is Link and he wears green clothes. TWW, Minish Cap, Phantom Hourglass, Four Swords, and Four Swords Adventure are all notoriously underepped, and a character which takes nothing from those games does any job of representing them.

Besides Young Link, you're also missing several recurring characters which are definitely not unknown - Tingle, Midna, Vaati, Agahnim, etc.

Why? It has no moves used by any other Link besides the TP Link, so the very notion that it represents the current, most well-known and most common version of Link is absurd.

This Link in SSBB is a realistic adult whose moves come primarily from TP. The Link proposed to represent the cartoonyness of the series is a cartoony kid whose moves would come primarily from his games.

The only way Link represents all Links is that his name is Link and he wears green clothes. TWW, Minish Cap, Phantom Hourglass, Four Swords, and Four Swords Adventure are all notoriously underepped, and a character which takes nothing from those games does any job of representing them.

Besides Young Link, you're also missing several recurring characters which are definitely not unknown - Tingle, Midna, Vaati, Agahnim, etc.

del-boy

Smash Journeyman
The fact of the matter is there really aren't any very important characters to the series of Zelda as a whole other than Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf. I would throw in Midna, but she only appeared in TP. If she became a reoccurring character, maybe, but somehow I doubt it from the end of TP.

The only really important character is Young Link, which is really just another Link. The Link we have right now represents ALL Links fine.
Vaati he is very importan and Twinrova is importan9but i would not put her).

Also Eiji Aonuma said mentioned that there exists two different Zelda universes. The split in the timeline occurs during Ocarina of Time, when, at the end of the game, Link is sent back in time by Princess Zelda. Once returned to his original time, Link goes to see her again, and the result of this meeting is an alternate future in which the villain Ganondorf is arrested and tried by the ancient sages, which causes him to be banished to the Twilight Realm; Twilight Princess then occurs over one hundred years after the Ocarina of Time child Link's era. Meanwhile, The Wind Waker occurs in the "adult Link" timeline, hundreds of years after the adventure of the adult-Link in the future of Ocarina of Time.

So we need Celda link to represent timeline B.

AsbestosBlatant

Smash Journeyman
Sure, why not.

Super Mario~

Mario
Peach
Bowser
Luigi

Zelda~

Link
Zelda
Shiek
Gannondorf
WW Link

Pokemon~

Pikachu
PT
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo

Kirby~

Kirby
MetaKnight
DeDeDe

Donkey Kong~

DK
Diddy
King K. Rool

Metroid~

Samus
ZSS
Ridley

Yoshi~

Yoshi
Baby Bowser

WarioWare~

Wario
Ashley

Star Fox~

Fox
Falco
Krystal

F-Zero~

Captain Falcon
Black Shadow

Mother/Earthbound

Lucas
Claus
Ness
Pokey

Fire Emblem~

Ike
Marth
Micaiah
Sigurd

Other~

Ray 01
Animal Crossing Villager
Captain Olimar
Professor Kawashima

Retro~

Ice Climbers
Pit
Mr.G&W

3rd Party

Snake
Sonic
Megaman

Total: 50 (I think, mighta miscounted)

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Sure, why not.

Super Mario~

Mario
Peach
Bowser
Luigi

Zelda~

Link
Zelda
Shiek
Gannondorf
WW Link

Pokemon~

Pikachu
PT
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo

Kirby~

Kirby
MetaKnight
DeDeDe

Donkey Kong~

DK
Diddy
King K. Rool

Metroid~

Samus
ZSS
Ridley

Yoshi~

Yoshi
Baby Bowser

WarioWare~

Wario
Ashley

Star Fox~

Fox
Falco
Krystal

F-Zero~

Captain Falcon
Black Shadow

Mother/Earthbound

Lucas
Claus
Ness
Pokey

Fire Emblem~

Ike
Marth
Micaiah
Sigurd

Other~

Ray 01
Animal Crossing Villager
Captain Olimar
Professor Kawashima

Retro~

Ice Climbers
Pit
Mr.G&W

3rd Party

Snake
Sonic
Megaman

Nice list :)
But(this is kinda biased):
Add Dark Samus(My bad :p)
Take out Pokey and Professor Kawashima(too much)
Replace Baby Bowser with Kamek(Bowser 2x?)

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964

True, the 3 tri-force bearers some up most Zelda tales.

The zelda series also has rising stars though. Vaati comes to mind. Vaati is becoming a reoccouring villain to the LOZ series. With Vaati's " supposed death" at the end of FSA Looking more like a trip to the Dark World, I think Vaati is more than likely to return, and with Ganon gradually becoming stale and predictable, a lot of fans want the Zelda series to be " fe-breezed"leaving Ganon out for a while, and what better villain to take the leading spotlight than Vaati?
Brawl could open people's eyes to Vaati. I can understand, and relate to people that don't want one hit wonders ( Ala Sheik) , but Vaati nor WW Link are one hit wonders, they are both essential to the series, and both have potential to be used further in the series.

In conclusion, Vaati represents a different side to the Zelda series, a side that doesn't concentrate on Ganon, and the Master Sword, or the triforce. I think that side of the tale should also be given some representation , to round up TLOZ as a whole.

WW Link, and Vaati could represent the Portable series, and Zelda, Link, and Ganon representing the console series.

del-boy

Smash Journeyman
Sure, why not.

Super Mario~

Mario
Peach
Bowser
Luigi

Zelda~

Link
Zelda
Shiek
Gannondorf
WW Link

Pokemon~

Pikachu
PT
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo

Kirby~

Kirby
MetaKnight
DeDeDe

Donkey Kong~

DK
Diddy
King K. Rool

Metroid~

Samus
ZSS
Ridley

Yoshi~

Yoshi
Baby Bowser

WarioWare~

Wario
Ashley

Star Fox~

Fox
Falco
Krystal

F-Zero~

Captain Falcon
Black Shadow

Mother/Earthbound

Lucas
Claus
Ness
Pokey

Fire Emblem~

Ike
Marth
Micaiah
Sigurd

Other~

Ray 01
Animal Crossing Villager
Captain Olimar
Professor Kawashima

Retro~

Ice Climbers
Pit
Mr.G&W

3rd Party

Snake
Sonic
Megaman

Add two mario reps(Bowser Jr. and geno or Paper mario).
Zelda should be with Shiek so zelda/Shiek and add Vaati or Midna)
Add Lucario.
ZSS does not have her own space.
Get rid of Baby Bowser and add Kamek.
Get rid of Ashley.
Get rid of Ness and Pokey(he can't even walk or wove a arm up).
Get rid Sigurd.
Get rid of Animal Crossing Villager and Professor Kawashima(he is a head).

4.8 out of 10.

AsbestosBlatant

Smash Journeyman
Zelda isn't the Zelda that can transform into Shiek, and regardless, they were counted as two separate characters in the last game, same for Samus and ZSS. The full number is 48 if you only want to count selectable characters.

Lucario doesn't need a space, I don't know why everybody thinks he does or will get one.
Kamek is gonna be an assist trophy more likely than not, and after that Baby Bowser is the only really fitting villain counterpart for the Yoshi series.

Ashley and Sigurd, eh. I could see them happening. Ashley specifically, as she apparently gets her manor as a stage. Animal Crossing Villager and Kawashima already have icons, but Kawashima could be exchangeable for a Cheer Member or an Elite Beat Agent, I suppose.

As far as Ness and Pokey, information about Pokey has been leaked by a mole who contacts Starmen.net regularly and so far all of it has been accurate, as far as him being a playable character, I don't know. He is going to play "a major role" apparently though. Ness... I'm not even touching that can of worms.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Zelda isn't the Zelda that can transform into Shiek,
Zelda also isn't the Zelda that can use Din's Fire, Faore's Wind, or Nayru's Love. In fact, no Zelda could use those moves, since they were Link's moves. That minor detail didn't stop her Melee and it won't stop her in Brawl. I don't see how Sheik is so different.

EdwardGordon

Smash Journeyman
Here's My Final Roster and personally I think it's pretty dang snazzy.

40 Characters

19 Old Characters + 1 Old Transformation
19 New Characters + 1 New Transformation

The List:

Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Peach

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool

Wario

Yoshi

Kirby
MetaKnight
King Dedede

Pikachu
Trainer
Jigglypuff
Lucario

Lucas
Claus

Samus (Zero Suit Samus)
Ridley

Fox
Falco
Krystal

Link
Zelda (Sheik)
Ganondorf

Marth
Ike

Captain Falcon
Isaac
Captain Olimar
Ice Climbers
Pit
Mr. Game and Watch

Sonic
Megaman
Snake

Plus 1 more new character. I wans't sure who to pick:

Geno? Wart? Midna? Wolf? WW Link? Skull Kid? Bowsr Jr.? Black Knight? Ashely? Or one of so many others....

Yeah, i know i took out 6 melee characters and left out some good new ones but I felt that 40 was a really nice number to aim at, and i stuck with it even though i fell short one character.

Add two mario reps(Bowser Jr. and geno or Paper mario).
Zelda should be with Shiek so zelda/Shiek and add Vaati or Midna)
Add Lucario.
ZSS does not have her own space.
Get rid of Baby Bowser and add Kamek.
Get rid of Ashley.
Get rid of Ness and Pokey(he can't even walk or wove a arm up).
Get rid Sigurd.
Get rid of Animal Crossing Villager and Professor Kawashima(he is a head).

4.8 out of 10.
Why do people keep saying to remove Animal Crosser? There is literally no reason why he cannot be in.

Zelda isn't the Zelda that can transform into Shiek, and regardless, they were counted as two separate characters in the last game, same for Samus and ZSS. The full number is 48 if you only want to count selectable characters.

Lucario doesn't need a space, I don't know why everybody thinks he does or will get one.
Kamek is gonna be an assist trophy more likely than not, and after that Baby Bowser is the only really fitting villain counterpart for the Yoshi series.

Ashley and Sigurd, eh. I could see them happening. Ashley specifically, as she apparently gets her manor as a stage. Animal Crossing Villager and Kawashima already have icons, but Kawashima could be exchangeable for a Cheer Member or an Elite Beat Agent, I suppose.

As far as Ness and Pokey, information about Pokey has been leaked by a mole who contacts Starmen.net regularly and so far all of it has been accurate, as far as him being a playable character, I don't know. He is going to play "a major role" apparently though. Ness... I'm not even touching that can of worms.
1. This is SSBB Zelda, not TP Zelda. She can use every single move that any Zelda has ever used.

2. When? Did Sakurai ever say that?

3. Lucario is the only good choice for a rep from the second, third, and fourth generations, and we need a current gen rep.

4. Yoshi doesn't need a counter-part. Under your logic, Polar Bear should've been playable.

5. Where does she get a stage? Also, I doubt Ashley would make it in over a more important Wario character, like Mona or Jimmy T.

6. Information about Pokey being an Assist - not playable - was leaked.

Top Bottom