• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Argue YOUR final roster!

vesperview

Smash Hero
Zoda was put into F-Zero by a different developer, and his games were reasonably popular in North America. People and developers still remember StarTropics, and on top of that, we've already seen Zoda's trophy in Brawl.
What does that have to do with you going to the extent of saying that Mike Jones is a very popular character? He's AT at best if he appears at all and he is not even close to being very popular.

I've met many people out of the blue at my job who've played StarTropics, or have at least heard of it. It's not much lower in popularity than Kid Icarus.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
6. You forgot an AC and DS rep.
Don't NEED a DS or AC rep.

2. How could you even begin to consider WW Link a downgrade from Young Link? The most common version of Link in the series' history, a ton of potential moveset options, and the current Link.
Your opinion, and the Link is always changing. The current one is TP Link.
3. Skull Kid is way outdated.
Opinion.
7. Needs Muddy Mole, Mike Jones, and Takamaru.
Not every roster needs these.
9. No. Banjo will not - nay, cannot - get in.
It's (very unlikely) possible, and the B&K games for 64 were very popular.
Remember, people - argue your roster, not state it.Remember it's their roster.
10 characters

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
current roster and VETS: Captain Falcon, Luigi, Mewtwo, Jigglypuff, Marth, G&W. Newcomers: Black Knight, Ridley, Lucario, Claus, Count Blech. 3rd Party: Megaman. WTF: Big Daddy. (from Bioshock.)

1.Yes, we really do. There are ton of DS rep choices, and AC deserves a rep.

2. Oh?

2006 - TP
2007 - PH

Fun fact: 2007 is more recent.

And yes, it's always changing. Which strengthens my argument - this Link is quickly approaching being the longest-lasting Link design, and the fact that it's lasted longer than OoT Link and OoA/S Link speaks tons. And after TP bombed in Japan, while TWW did 300k more and PH did more than 500k more (sold more than 1 million copies in Japan alone), there's no way it's getting preference from Aonuma.

3. Um, fact? It's a more than seven year old character from a single game (okay, fine - three games, one important role, two unimportant roles).

4. Every roster needs unique characters.

5. You're implying that Microsoft will allow Nintendo, who MS is viciously competing with to steal marketshare from, will give them the rights to use Banjo-Kazooie on a COMPETING CONSOLE?

6. So? The thread says argue your roster. Argue why Microsoft will let Nintendo include a character of their's. "I like him" isn't an argument. The thread agrees with me.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Dr. Lobe, Agents, Barbara Bat, Professor Layton, Mii, etc.

Wow, so hard.
Mii for the DS icon, WTF? I didn't know Mii were in the DS and Dr Lobe's icon is part of the Touch generation and that logo isn't a DS, just because there is an icon doesn't mean there should be a character, specially when you have Barbara the Bat and Professor Layton in your list, gimme a break and there's almost no chance of the agents of being playable and their logo is also the touch generation logo, the Pictochat relates in no way to any of those characters.

Um, guess what?

Touch Generations logo is a DS/Wii logo.

That is a really, really, really horrible argument you have - "these DS characters cannot be playable because they are Touch Gen characters!" *facepalm*

Layton is extremely popular. It sold more than 700k in Japan with one installment, and the sequel is at 500k and still selling >80k weekly, with that number set to increase with the biggest shopping week of the year. It's coming in February. Barbara Bat has been randomly included in two different games, both of which good, the other which is out in America. BBA is extremely popular, with more than 3 mill with the DS game, and 1 mill with the Wii game. And the Agents are no stranger than some other obscure choices.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Um, guess what?

Touch Generations logo is a DS/Wii logo.

That is the logo you obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

That is a really, really, really horrible argument you have - "these DS characters cannot be playable because they are Touch Gen characters!" *facepalm*
So by your logic Nintendogs should have the DS icon? GTFO! You have a very horrible logic if you think any character developed for the Touch Generation represents the DS icon.

Layton is extremely popular. It sold more than 700k in Japan with one installment, and the sequel is at 500k and still selling >80k weekly, with that number set to increase with the biggest shopping week of the year. It's coming in February. Barbara Bat has been randomly included in two different games, both of which good, the other which is out in America. BBA is extremely popular, with more than 3 mill with the DS game, and 1 mill with the Wii game. And the Agents are no stranger than some other obscure choices.
Again, none of them represent the DS icon, specially when the stage revealed is Pictochat which is an inherent element of the DS which in nowhere relates to any of your suggestions.

Brawleri

Smash Journeyman
Brawler:

1. Bowser Jr. over Geno - Jr. is actually a fixture of the Mario series.
-I still think Geno would fit much better in brawl. Jr is ugly and annoying. NOTE. As i said, it's going to be either Geno or Jr. :/

2. Nothing wrong with five Zelda characters.
-Yeah, there isn't

3. Zamus doesn't need a slot.
-Does it really matter? I've made it clear that Samus and ZSS are one and same. And Ridley will be in, with DS or not =)

4. Put Mona under Wario.
-No... Mona wouldn't fit in Smash bros. Just because she's girl or in WW, doens't mean she would be a good choise

5. Consider Eliwood - he's really the only character left to represent the first English Lords
-Yeah, methinks a king or queen would be much better than an English Lord. You should consider Mike Strutter imo.

6. No new retro characters is bad. What about Mike Jones - very popular character, Muddy Mole, one of Miyamoto's least known characters, or Takamaru, star of a game that Sakurai is a fan of?
-Mike Jones sucks. Mr. Bean would be better char. What would Muddy mole do? Puzzle the game for victory? I say that Takamaru isn't going to be in, just because Sakurai idols the game.
Sakurai said he likes Sigurd, and i think he won't be in. Don't make your own conclusions.

7. Why not Lip? She's the star of a well-loved video game franchise. You also forgot Ray MK, an Advance Wars rep, and Animal Crosser.
-Being well-loved doesn't mean anything. I'm well-loved and i'm not going to be in brawl, too bad :(
-No AW rep imo
-Animal Crosser doesn't fit Smash bros. That would kinda ruin their image as peaceful villagers etc.

8. You need a DS rep.
-No i don't. Smash bros. doesn't need a DS rep decessarily. You need to get your daily medicine now...
-Ray from Custom robo is the only one i would think of as a good candidate.
The highlighted zhit is my addings :)

...Right. Are you saying that the Nintendog will have a Smash logo instead of a DS logo?

Haha. Wow. I wish you were nominated for most inane poster.

Touch! Generations is a strong element of the DS - probably its biggest series of games.

So, show me one instance that suggests that a character, item, etc. can only be from a non-Touch Gen game if it is going to have the logo. Maybe *gasp* they used the DS logo instead of the Touch! Generations logo because the Touch! Gen doesn't cover PictoChat?

And, yes, that Touch Gens logo is a DS/Wii logo. Did I say "it looked like their logos"? Nope. I said it was DS/Wii logos. Mario is not a DS/Wii logo, Touch Gens is.

gangstajuice02

Smash Ace
New Returning Characters:

- Luigi
- Captain Falcon
- Shiek
- Ness
- Falco
- Ganondorf
- Mewtwo
- Marth
- Roy
- Mr. Games & Watch

Newcomers:

- Geno
- Claus
- K. Rool
- Krystal
- Shadow the hedgehog
- Silver the hedgehog
- Knuckles
- Peppy
- Lucario
- Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario
- Eggman
- Ridley
- Wolf
- Eliwood
- Banjo Kazooie
- Tiny Kong
- Skull Kid
- Princess Rosalina
- Tails
- Lyn
- Shadow (F-Zero)
- Pac Man

1. Give me one good reason why Mona wouldn't fit. That doesn't apply to Game & Watch and Ice Climbers.

2. ...Wow. Was that an attempt at refuting my point? You didn't even bother reading what I said. Eliwood is an English Lord, the star of FE7, the first FE to appear in the English language.

3. Muddy Mole:

B: Bomb
Smash B: Ball Throw
Up B: ?
Down B: Dig
Final Smash: ?

I made up three moves in less than ten seconds. I'm sure Sakurai could come up with more.

And wow, you really need to be medicated a bit. You have a serious anger problem.

4. AW predates FE. So why, exactly, does it not deserve a rep?

5. SSB is about Nintendo All-Stars, not fighters.

6. :laugh: This coming from someone who probably has ADD.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
New Returning Characters:

- Luigi
- Captain Falcon
- Shiek
- Ness
- Falco
- Ganondorf
- Mewtwo
- Marth
- Roy
- Mr. Games & Watch

Newcomers:

- Geno
- Claus
- K. Rool
- Krystal
- Shadow the hedgehog
- Silver the hedgehog
- Knuckles
- Peppy
- Lucario
- Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario
- Eggman
- Ridley
- Wolf
- Eliwood
- Banjo Kazooie
- Tiny Kong
- Skull Kid
- Princess Rosalina
- Tails
- Lyn
- Shadow (F-Zero)
- Pac Man
1( Silver AND Shadow AND Knuckles AND Tails AND Eggman?
2( Peppy doesn't really fight, anymore anyway.
3( Rosalina and Lyn are already AT's

Everything else is at least possible, and some are pretty good
6. :laugh: This coming from someone who probably has ADD.
How did you quote yourself?

vesperview

Smash Hero
...Right. Are you saying that the Nintendog will have a Smash logo instead of a DS logo?
Yes.

Touch! Generations is a strong element of the DS - probably its biggest series of games.
That doesn't mean the icon pertains to the Touch Generation.

So, show me one instance that suggests that a character, item, etc. can only be from a non-Touch Gen game if it is going to have the logo.
That was never part of my argument, because I, as well as a lot of people around here don't think that icon is getting a rep.

Maybe *gasp* they used the DS logo instead of the Touch! Generations logo because the Touch! Gen doesn't cover PictoChat?
Or maybe *gasp* the PictoChat is the only thing that is representing that icon? you're really getting nowhere with this.

And, yes, that Touch Gens logo is a DS/Wii logo. Did I say "it looked like their logos"? Nope. I said it was DS/Wii logos. Mario is not a DS/Wii logo, Touch Gens is.
It's not a Wii logo, can't you see the word touch and the stylus in it?

And next time you reply try not to sound like a know it all idiot, because really you're just trying to make believe that these characters would actually represent the DS icon, when in fact none of them do, no matter how much you try to prove it.

Brawleri

Smash Journeyman
I agree with everything, but Dark Samus would be a good 3rd rep.
Thanks, I also support Dark Samus, and i'm hoping for her/it for Brawl. I just think she/it isn't ''necessary shoe-in'' like Ridley. =)

Haha. Wow. I wish you were nominated for most inane poster.

So, show me one instance that suggests that a character, item, etc. can only be from a non-Touch Gen game if it is going to have the logo. Maybe *gasp* they used the DS logo instead of the Touch! Generations logo because the Touch! Gen doesn't cover PictoChat?

So because we have Nintendog, and Touch generations is popular, we should have a character from the touch generation series!

L-BLOCK FOR BRAWL!
BLACK LABRADOR FOR BRAWL!!!
DR.KAWASHIMA FOR BRAWL!!!

So you're a supporter of the Icon-theory? It looks like that from ur post.
And i haven't said that there can be only non-touch generations characters. I just mentioned that they are more unlikely.

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
originally posted by: A Link to the Snitch
Give me one good reason why Mona wouldn't fit.

I'll give you 3 reasons Mona wouldnt fit. Mona is obscure, not the main pro/antagonist of her game, isnt at all prominent in her game.

Brawleri

Smash Journeyman
Wow, that's a good retort.

It's funny how many people on this forum are ten year olds.
You talking to me?
Are you talking to me?

If then, no. I'm not 10 year old. I'm *cough* 16 YEARS OLD!!!*cough*

How old are you, for you to mock other ppl, u must be really old and wise. Sensei?

Prince Karo

Smash Apprentice
My roster.
First we have nintendo's big three, each with 5 characters.

1. Mario
2. Peach
3. Bowser
4. Luigi
5. Geno

Geno Deserves his day in the sun.

----------------------------------------------------------

6. Link
7. Zelda/Sheik
8. Ganondorf
9. Young Link
10. Midna

We need a fifth characer besides the main four, and Midna is from the latest game.

-----------------------------------------------------

11. Pikachu
12. Pokemon Trainer
13. Jigglypuff
14. Mewtwo
15. Lucario

Lucario is like the only new choice left.

Now we have Nintendo's lesser series, each with 2-3 characters.

16. Fox
17. Krystal
18. Wolf

Krystal is a no brainer, and Wolf to have a villain.

------------------------------------------------

19. Kirby
20. Meta Knight
21. King Dedede

Confermed.

-----------------------------------------------

22. Donkey Kong
23. Diddy Kong
24. K. Rool

K. Rool is only main character left.

--------------------------------------------------

25. Samus/ZS Samus
26. Ridley

Who woudn't want Ridley in?

27. Ike
28. Marth

Marth is classic.

-------------------------------------------------------------

29. Lucas
30. Ness

Both the heros of thier games in the series. Enough said.

Now we have nintendo's minor series, and third party series, each with only one character. (F-Zero falls in this catagory, because the only worthy character besides Falcon has already been deconfermed, and Yoshi and Wario are here because thier series are so closely tied to the Mario series.)

33. Yoshi
34. Wario
35. Captain Falcon
36. Pit
37. Andy
38. Animal Crosser
39. Isaac
40. Lip
41. Olimar

I had to cut Balloon Fighter and Ray 01 from this section to keep the roster at 45 characters, they and Olimar we're fighting for the last spot on the roster and it was a very diffcult desicion.

--------------------------------------------------------------

42. Snake
43. Sonic
44. Ryu
45. Klonoa

Since we probably wont have Mega Man in now, I put in Capcom's second most deserving character. I put Klonoa instead of Pac-Man in Namco's spot because I think Pac-Man would work better as an AT, where we can use the classic sprite instead of the dopey cartoon character.

Senor Crouch

Smash Journeyman
My dream Final Roster would be...

1)Mario
2)Luigi
3)Peach
4)Yoshi
5)Bowser
6)Bowser Jr.
7)Geno
8)Kamek
9)Link
10)Zelda w/ Sheik
11)Midna w/Wolf Link
12)Vaati
13)Young Link w/ Mask Transformations
14)Gannondorf
15)Kirby
16)Metaknight
17)King Dedede
18)Fox
19)Falco
20)Krystal
21)Wolf
22)Samus
23)Sylux
24)Rhundas
25)Ghor
26)Gandrayda
27)Ridley
28)Dark Samus
29)Pokemon Trainer
30)Pikachu
31)Raichu
32)Jigglypuff
33)Lucario
34)Team Rocket w/ Arbok, Weezing, and Meowth
35)Sonic
36)Ike
37)Pit
38)Megaman
39)Master Chief
40)The Arbiter
(had to throw those last two on there:laugh:)

Awesome I got 40 characters. At first I didn't # them, but I wanted to know how many characters I actually put down so I went back and put in #s in and I had 40 characters even. Well there's my 4 cents:laugh:.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Not bad Karo.
The only things really bugging me are the AC, and Ryu. They just seem outta place.
@Senior Crouch: That'd be awesome having that many Metroid reps :chuckle: :ohwell:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I meant for newcomers from new franchises, Samus was already in by the time Norfair got revealed and Yoshi is a no brainer.
Yeah...
I wish they'd reveal if Ridley's a PC already...

They got:
His music
His stage (He's even mentioned in it's description)
Another Metroid stage(Where you 1st encounter Meta Ridley)

All they need is the Metroid AT..

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
My roster.
First we have nintendo's big three, each with 5 characters.

1. Mario
2. Peach
3. Bowser
4. Luigi
5. Geno

Geno Deserves his day in the sun.

----------------------------------------------------------

6. Link
7. Zelda/Sheik
8. Ganondorf
9. Young Link
10. Midna

We need a fifth characer besides the main four, and Midna is from the latest game.

11. Pikachu
12. Pokemon Trainer
13. Jigglypuff
14. Mewtwo
15. Lucario

Lucario is like the only new choice left.

Now we have Nintendo's lesser series, each with 2-3 characters.

16. Fox
17. Krystal
18. Wolf

Krystal is a no brainer, and Wolf to have a villain.

------------------------------------------------

19. Kirby
20. Meta Knight
21. King Dedede

Confermed.

-----------------------------------------------

22. Donkey Kong
23. Diddy Kong
24. K. Rool

K. Rool is only main character left.

--------------------------------------------------

25. Samus/ZS Samus
26. Ridley

Who woudn't want Ridley in?

27. Ike
28. Marth

Marth is classic.

-------------------------------------------------------------

29. Lucas
30. Ness

Both the heros of thier games in the series. Enough said.

Now we have nintendo's minor series, and third party series, each with only one character. (F-Zero falls in this catagory, because the only worthy character besides Falcon has already been deconfermed, and Yoshi and Wario are here because thier series are so closely tied to the Mario series.)

33. Yoshi
34. Wario
35. Captain Falcon
36. Pit
37. Andy
38. Animal Crosser
39. Isaac
40. Lip
41. Olimar

I had to cut Balloon Fighter and Ray 01 from this section to keep the roster at 45 characters, they and Olimar we're fighting for the last spot on the roster and it was a very diffcult desicion.

--------------------------------------------------------------

42. Snake
43. Sonic
44. Ryu
45. Klonoa

Since we probably wont have Mega Man in now, I put in Capcom's second most deserving character. I put Klonoa instead of Pac-Man in Namco's spot because I think Pac-Man would work better as an AT, where we can use the classic sprite instead of the dopey cartoon character.
Animal Crosser, Andy and Lip were definitely in before Olimar? *gasp*

Prince Karo

Smash Apprentice
Not bad Karo.
The only things really bugging me are the AC, and Ryu. They just seem outta place.
Well, they wern't my fisrt chioces, bat we need an AC rep and Animal Crosser is about the only one left :(
If that whole interview with Megaman's creator turns out to be an elaborate hoax, then Mega Man will take Ryu's spot back on the roster.

Top Bottom