• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Argue YOUR final roster!

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
1. Mario
2. Link
3. Pikachu
4. Kirby
5. Samus
6. Zamus
7. Metaknight
8. Pit
9. Wario
10. Snake
11. Fox
12. Bowser
13. Falcon
14. DK
15. Gannondorf (Redone)
16. Ice Climbers
17. Jigglypuff
18. Luigi
19. Marth
20. Mewtwo
21. Game and Watch
22. Ness
23. Peach
24. Zelda
25. Sheik (I think sheik will stay, because characters are based off of all their appearances in games, not just one)
26. Yoshi
27. Young Link (Wind waker style w/ new moves)
28. Diddy Kong
29. Krystal
30. Falco (Redone)
31. Sonic
32. Megaman
33. Sigurd
34. Dedede
35. Lolo
36. Geno
37. Olimar
38. Ray 01
39. Ridley
40. Takamaru
41. Little Mac
42. Deoxys
43. Lucario
44. Harry (Advance Wars)
45. Isaac
46. Sukapon
47. Tom Nook
48. Dimeru
49. Poo or Jeff
50. Chibi Robo

splat

Smash Lord
Mario Series
01. 01. Mario ~
02. 02. Luigi “
03. 03. Bowser “
04. 04. Peach “
05. 05. Bowser Jr. ^

LoZ Series
06. 01. Link ~
07. 02. Zelda “
08. 03. Ganondorf “
09. 04. Vaati
10. 05. Tingle

Pokémon Series +
11. 01. Pikachu ~
12. 02. Jigglypuff “
13. 03. Mewtwo “
14. 04. Lucario ^

Kirby Series
15. 01. Kirby ~
16. 02. Metaknight ~
17. 03. King Dedede “

Donkey Kong Series
18. 01. DK “
19. 02. Diddy Kong “

Yoshi Series
20. 01. Yoshi “

Wario Series
21. 01. Wario ~

Star Fox Series
22. 01. Fox ~
23. 02. Falco/Krystal/Wolf “
24. 03. Falco/Krystal/Wolf ^

Earthbound/Mother Series
25. 01. Ness “
26. 02. Poo

Metroid Series +
27. 01. Samus / ZSS ~
28. 02. Sylux or another Hunter

F-Zero Series +
29. 01 Captain Falcon “

Fire Emblem Series +
30. 01. Marth “
31. 02. Ike ^

Other Nintendo Characters
32. 01. Pit / Kid Icarus ~
33. 02. Ice Climbers / Ice Climber
34. 03. Mr. Game & Watch / Game & Watch
35. 04. Isaac / Golden Sun
36. 05. Andy / Advance Wars
37. 06. Captain Olimar / Pikmin
38. 07. Tom Nook / Animal Crossing

Third Party Characters
39. 01. Snake ~
40. 02. Sonic “
41. 03. Megaman ^

What are all those signs?
+ means that I wouldn’t be surprised if that Series would get an extra character in Brawl.
~ means that the character is confirmed for Brawl.
“ means that the character has a nearly 100% chance for Brawl.
^ means that the character has an above average chance for Brawl.

Now, why did I choose these characters?
Mario Series: Well, we can nearly say that those first four are confirmed for Brawl. I won’t have to explain why, I guess. Now for Bowser Jr.. Jr. is getting more popular as we speak, and he is starring in more and more games. He was the main villain of Sunshine, and has starred in every Mario Sports game ever since.

LoZ Series: To be honest, my knowledge of the Zelda franchise isn’t too big. *shot* I can pretty much say that we’re going to see the return of the wielders of the Triforce. I chose Vaati because according to Nintendo Power, he is the franchise’s second boss, with only Ganondorf being a bigger bad guy. Tingle is there because he seems to gain popularity in Japan. He is getting two own games. Plus, I’d love to smack him around. Note that I didn’t put WW Link, as I don’t think that style could blend with the rest of Smash.

Pokémon Series: Pikachu and Jigglypuff were in the first 12, so they’re very likely that they’ll return. Mewtwo is seen as the most powerful pokémon, and is said to be the badguy (my litlle brother is screaming right now that he isn’t xD). Lucario seems to be very popular, and represents the newest generation.

Kirby Series: With two of the three already confirmed, Dedede can’t be put in the background. Sakurai has said that he likes those characters, so my guesses are that they’re all to be found in Brawl.

Donkey Kong Series: DK will return, no chance in hell he won’t. Now for Diddy.. The DK franchise is underrepresented, and who could better represent it than his crazy nephew, Diddy? Diddy is starring in a lot of games lately, making him a perfect contender.

Yoshi Series: Yoshi will return. End of Story.

Wario Series: Wario is confirmed, and no one else from that franchise will get in, no, Waluigi won’t make it.

Star Fox Series: Fox is in, but for the others? There are three other important characters that could work, but my guesses are that there will only two spots. This is actually one of the things I can’t say which is the better choice, which is why I put it the way I put above.

Earthbound Series: Seeing as Ness is the main hero of the games, I’m betting on his return. I do, however, think that there will be another character. That is why I put Poo there. Poo is a completely different character, as he is more ninja-like. I think Poo will work better than characters like Lucas, Jeff or Paula.

Metroid Series: Samus and ZSS are one character. Sakurai said that Samus will remove her power suit under certain conditions, which makes me think that they’re one. I think that except for Samus and Ridley, there aren’t any other really important characters. I don’t want Dark Samus in, it would be sort of a clone. I don’t think the dragonesque Ridley would work, as it is immense, flies and seems to be unable to attack with his limbs. That is why I put there that another hunter should be in. I don’t know my Metroid facts, so I don’t know which Hunter is the most important.

F-Zero Series: I don’t think this series has other important characters other then Douglas Jay. I could’ve put someone like Goroh there, but I don’t think anyone else from F-Zero will make it.

Fire Emblem Series: Marth and Ike, two of the most popular overlords of the franchise. That’s why I put them there, can’t give you other reasons. =P

Others: Pit confirmed. G&W was one of Nintendo’s originals, ICs are such unique characters, that I think these two will return. Now, for my other picks. Note how my choices are all from quite new franchises, instead of old games. Nintendo seems to be thinking of the future, instead of looking back, that is why my choices are all newer. I just took important characters from newer Nintendo games that could work for Brawl.

Third parties: Snake confirmed. With the upcoming game Mario & Sonic at the Olympics, I’m pretty sure we can state that Sonic will be in. Megaman is there because he seems to be very loved to get into Brawl.

---

I want reaction, or I'll eat your unborn babies.

bivunit94

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure if I already posted my list in this thread, but if I did, sorry.

Mario Series
1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Bowser
4. Peach (New moves from Super Princess Peach)

LoZ Series
1. Link
2. Zelda/Sheik
3. Ganondorf (Sword moves)
4. Skull Kid
5. WW Link (Replacing Young Link, New Moveset)

Pokémon Series
1. Pikachu
2. Jigglypuff
3. Mewtwo (Make him better, please)
4. Deoxys

Kirby Series
1. Kirby
2. Metaknight
3. King Dedede

Donkey Kong Series
1. DK
2. Diddy Kong

Yoshi Series
1. Yoshi

Wario Series
1. Wario

Star Fox Series
1. Fox
2. Wolf
3. Falco (New moveset)

Earthbound/Mother Series
1. Ness
2. Lucas

Metroid Series
1. Samus/Zamus
2. Ridley (Scaled down)

F-Zero Series
1. Captain Falcon

Fire Emblem Series
1. Marth
2. Hector

1. Pit
2. Ice Climbers
3. Mr. Game & Watch
4. Captain Olimar
5. Tom Nook
6. Little Mac
7. Mach Rider
8. Paper Mario (Replacing Doc)
9. Dog

Third Party Characters
01. Snake
02. Sonic
03. Megaman (X)

And that's it. Other characters I considered:

1. Cooking Mama - Maybe Smash Bros. 4, she doesn't have enough popularity yet
2. King K. Rool - Too big, too ugly, too useless
3. Toad - Mario has enough reps
4. Krystal - Ah, I just don't like her
5. Banjo-Kazooie - I love them, but all hope is lost for our favorite bird-n-bear duo :'[

RESPOND!

doctorzoidberg12

Smash Cadet
Mario Series:
Luigi
Mario
Bowser
Peach
Bowers Jr.
Waluigi (As much as i hate to say he will have a big chance because the other 3 are in.)

Pokemon Series:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Lucario

Fox Series:
Fox
Wolf
Falco

DK Series:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool

Fire Emblem Series:
Marth
Lyndis
Ike

Metriod Series:
Samus
Ridely (sorry if i spelt his name wrong)

Legend of Zelda Series:
Link
Zelda (no Shiek)
Gannondorf
Cel Shaded Link (maybe)

F-Zero Series:
Captin Falcon

Kirby Series:
Kirby
Metaknight
King DeDe

Yoshi Series:
Yoshi

Wario Ware Series:
Wario

Pikmin Series:
Captin Olmilar

Animal Crossing Series:
Tom Nook

Earthbound Series:
Ness

Old School:
Pit
Ice Climbers

3rd Party:
Snake
Sonic
Sora(i wish)
NO MEGAMAN!

Total: 38

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
MARIO SERIES

Mario- Mario is confirmed for brawl. 100%
Luigi- Luigi made a great appearance in the first and second Smash, and besides, Mario needs his brother! 90%
Peach- There is no reason to not include her in Brawl, and like said before from other people, with Super Princess Peach out she could have more moves.90%
Bowser- Even though there was a good reason why he was low tier, he could be pumped up. We love Bowser, and if he's not in, who will be Mario's badguy? 85%
Paper Mario- Paper Mario could easiloy get his own moveset. Why? The Paper Mario games were amazing and i think a lot of people would agree. 40%

ZELDA SERIES

Link- Link is confirmed. 100%
Zelda- Link's damsel in distress, could easily get some people to play her if shetookon her TP form. 80%
Ganondorf- Ganondorf SHOULD'VE been one of the greatest additions for melee but slapped our faces with a Captain Falcon Moveset *shudders* Ganondorf should come back in TP style and no clone moves. 85%

DK SERIES

DK- DK was in the first two, and he fit in real well. 90%
Diddy- Diddy is being considered by Sakurai, plus he could have a original moveset in a hearbeat. 70%

STARFOX SERIES
Fox- Fox is in Brawl 100%
Krystal- I don't want her in that much but she has good chance. Sakurai likes her. 80%
Wolf- The Starfox character a lot of us want in. He would make a decent addition. 60%

KIRBY SERIES

Kirby- Confirmed. 100%
Metaknight- He is confirmed. 100%
Dedede- Dedede was supposed to be in melee but wasn't put in due to lack of time.95%

YOSHI SERIES

Yoshi- Appeared in the first two games, and he did fine. 90%

WARIO SERIES

Wario- Wario is confirmed for Smash 3. 100%

METROID SERIES

Samus/Zamus- She and her transformarion are confirmed. 100%
Ridley- Ridley is cool, and has been in a lot of Samus' games. Also, I think Sakurai is considering him. 70%

POKEMON SERIES

Pikachu- The yellowrat is confirmed. 100%
Jigglypuff- She has been loyal to us for the first two games, plus, she is a very funcharacter. Not to mention, who else would fill the spot of 'easiest charatcer to unlock'? 90%
Deoxys- With transformation, this could easily be the most interesting character.40%
Mewtwo- The pokemon that brought disappointments to most players when they found Mewtwo's... terribleness. He needs bumped up and put in brawl. 75%

FIRE EMBLEM SERIES

Marth- Marth needs a little nerfed, but other then that he is pretty good for brawl. 75%
Ike- I don't play FE games, but he is popular, so i'm betting he's in. 60%

THE REST (sorry, too lazy to put the rest in there own section.)

Ness- Hey, why not? 75%
Captain Olimar- The only people who could talk crap about this interesting, unique, character idea, is either a jerk, or they never played Pikmin 2. Sakurai must've thought of this character while brainstorming. And if he did bet he would get in then. 65%
Ballon Fighter- Ballon fighter was supposively in the Beta version of the game, so his chances in brawl are this big l-----------------------------------------------------------l He has as much chance as Dedede. 95%
Ice Climbers- Ah, we need a duo, and Sakurai likes the old school guys, so he probably will stay in. 75%
Mr.G&W- Mr.G&W was probably suppose tobe in there for fun, but a lot of people like him. Again, Sakurai likes oldschool. 70%
Mii- Nintendo loves Mii's and they could fit in, plus,you can pin yourself against George Bush, Chuck Norris, and Johny Depp for kicks. 45%
Captain Falcon- Falcon has a good chance in returning, due to the fact that he was in the first too. 80%

3RD PARTY

Solid Snake- The Snake is confirmed. 100%
Geno- Geno is kickass and I'm pretty sure Sakurai pondered on him, at least. 65%
Sonic- Sonic, even though is our most favorite 3rd party character for Brawl, Sega has claimed they have not asked yet to have them put Sonic in Brawl... 60%

CHARACTERS THAT I CAN'T COMMENT ON BUT SAKURAI LIKES

Lololo
Little Mac
Takamaru
Demiru

Now, there are40 character i beleive, that would please just about everybody. Has choices that Sakurai loves, and has the popluar character selections, and some more.

The ones that would not 100% like this one are Megaman/Bomberman. Geno fits in better then those two because he has Sakurai's interest and would have a nice moveset. And Sonic, well, you know...

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
Heres mine.... (40 total)

1) Mario (Dr. Mario costume)
2) Luigi
3) Bowser
4) Peach
5) Yoshi
6) Donkey Kong
7) Fox
8) Ness
9) Ice Climbers
10) Kirby
11) Samus/Zero Suit Samus
12) Zelda (no Sheik)
13) Link
14) Wind Waker Link
15) Pikachu
16) Jiggly Puff
17) Mew 2
18) Mr. Game and Watch
19) Marth
20) Wario
21) Metaknight
22) Pit
23) Snake
24) Krystal
25) King Boo
26) Bowser Jr.
27) Mii (diff. Miis from your Wii as costumes)
28) Capt. Olimar
29) Diddy/ Dixie Kong (as IC duo)
30) Geno
31) {Gandorf}
32) {C. Falcon}
33) {Paper Mario}
34) {Ballon Fighter}
35) {King Dedede}
36) {Ike}
37) {King K. Rool}

38) Bomberman !!!!
39) Sonic
40) Megaman
*) Crash Bandicoot (probably wont make it but would be awesome if he did)

{"character"}= characters thatll probably make it due to popularity and Sakurai's picks but characters i wouldnt care if they didnt make it....

Thats pretty much it. To be honest I would be happy if Bomberman made it.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
Mario Series
01. 01. Mario ~
02. 02. Luigi “
03. 03. Bowser “
04. 04. Peach “
05. 05. Bowser Jr. ^

LoZ Series
06. 01. Link ~
07. 02. Zelda “
08. 03. Ganondorf “
09. 04. Vaati
10. 05. Tingle

Pokémon Series +
11. 01. Pikachu ~
12. 02. Jigglypuff “
13. 03. Mewtwo “
14. 04. Lucario ^

Kirby Series
15. 01. Kirby ~
16. 02. Metaknight ~
17. 03. King Dedede “

Donkey Kong Series
18. 01. DK “
19. 02. Diddy Kong “

Yoshi Series
20. 01. Yoshi “

Wario Series
21. 01. Wario ~

Star Fox Series
22. 01. Fox ~
23. 02. Falco/Krystal/Wolf “
24. 03. Falco/Krystal/Wolf ^

Earthbound/Mother Series
25. 01. Ness “
26. 02. Poo

Metroid Series +
27. 01. Samus / ZSS ~
28. 02. Sylux or another Hunter

F-Zero Series +
29. 01 Captain Falcon “

Fire Emblem Series +
30. 01. Marth “
31. 02. Ike ^

32. 01. Pit / Kid Icarus ~
33. 02. Ice Climbers / Ice Climber
34. 03. Mr. Game & Watch / Game & Watch
35. 04. Isaac / Golden Sun
36. 05. Andy / Advance Wars
37. 06. Captain Olimar / Pikmin
38. 07. Tom Nook / Animal Crossing

Third Party Characters
39. 01. Snake ~
40. 02. Sonic “
41. 03. Megaman ^

What are all those signs?
+ means that I wouldn’t be surprised if that Series would get an extra character in Brawl.
~ means that the character is confirmed for Brawl.
“ means that the character has a nearly 100% chance for Brawl.
^ means that the character has an above average chance for Brawl.

Now, why did I choose these characters?
Mario Series: Well, we can nearly say that those first four are confirmed for Brawl. I won’t have to explain why, I guess. Now for Bowser Jr.. Jr. is getting more popular as we speak, and he is starring in more and more games. He was the main villain of Sunshine, and has starred in every Mario Sports game ever since.

LoZ Series: To be honest, my knowledge of the Zelda franchise isn’t too big. *shot* I can pretty much say that we’re going to see the return of the wielders of the Triforce. I chose Vaati because according to Nintendo Power, he is the franchise’s second boss, with only Ganondorf being a bigger bad guy. Tingle is there because he seems to gain popularity in Japan. He is getting two own games. Plus, I’d love to smack him around. Note that I didn’t put WW Link, as I don’t think that style could blend with the rest of Smash.

Pokémon Series: Pikachu and Jigglypuff were in the first 12, so they’re very likely that they’ll return. Mewtwo is seen as the most powerful pokémon, and is said to be the badguy (my litlle brother is screaming right now that he isn’t xD). Lucario seems to be very popular, and represents the newest generation.

Kirby Series: With two of the three already confirmed, Dedede can’t be put in the background. Sakurai has said that he likes those characters, so my guesses are that they’re all to be found in Brawl.

Donkey Kong Series: DK will return, no chance in hell he won’t. Now for Diddy.. The DK franchise is underrepresented, and who could better represent it than his crazy nephew, Diddy? Diddy is starring in a lot of games lately, making him a perfect contender.

Yoshi Series: Yoshi will return. End of Story.

Wario Series: Wario is confirmed, and no one else from that franchise will get in, no, Waluigi won’t make it.

Star Fox Series: Fox is in, but for the others? There are three other important characters that could work, but my guesses are that there will only two spots. This is actually one of the things I can’t say which is the better choice, which is why I put it the way I put above.

Earthbound Series: Seeing as Ness is the main hero of the games, I’m betting on his return. I do, however, think that there will be another character. That is why I put Poo there. Poo is a completely different character, as he is more ninja-like. I think Poo will work better than characters like Lucas, Jeff or Paula.

Metroid Series: Samus and ZSS are one character. Sakurai said that Samus will remove her power suit under certain conditions, which makes me think that they’re one. I think that except for Samus and Ridley, there aren’t any other really important characters. I don’t want Dark Samus in, it would be sort of a clone. I don’t think the dragonesque Ridley would work, as it is immense, flies and seems to be unable to attack with his limbs. That is why I put there that another hunter should be in. I don’t know my Metroid facts, so I don’t know which Hunter is the most important.

F-Zero Series: I don’t think this series has other important characters other then Douglas Jay. I could’ve put someone like Goroh there, but I don’t think anyone else from F-Zero will make it.

Fire Emblem Series: Marth and Ike, two of the most popular overlords of the franchise. That’s why I put them there, can’t give you other reasons. =P

Others: Pit confirmed. G&W was one of Nintendo’s originals, ICs are such unique characters, that I think these two will return. Now, for my other picks. Note how my choices are all from quite new franchises, instead of old games. Nintendo seems to be thinking of the future, instead of looking back, that is why my choices are all newer. I just took important characters from newer Nintendo games that could work for Brawl.

Third parties: Snake confirmed. With the upcoming game Mario & Sonic at the Olympics, I’m pretty sure we can state that Sonic will be in. Megaman is there because he seems to be very loved to get into Brawl.

---

I want reaction, or I'll eat your unborn babies.
Well, first off, some of your choices are scary... Tingle, Tom Nook, Andy etc. But a lot of it is good though.:)

About the statement with there looking to the future, it's actually the opposite. I have no idea how you got that idea but Sakurai said himself he likes the retro characters.

As an example, Pit. He also likes Balloon Fighter, Mach Fighter, Little Mac, Takamaru, Muddy Mole, Sukapon, and so on.
7/10

splat

Smash Lord
About the statement with there looking to the future, it's actually the opposite. I have no idea how you got that idea but Sakurai said himself he likes the retro characters.
7/10
Well, I was talking about Nintendo, which seems to take an entire new direction. Look at Mario Strikers: Charged and LoZ:TP, they both are way darker than usual Nintendo games, aiming for a more adult fanbase.
They seem to make games for non-gamers now, instead of making games for their existing fans, which makes me think they are aiming for the future. That is why I put a lot of new characters on my list. I guess you are right about the fact I should've used Sakurais view more, instead of Nintendo's.

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
My Character Roster

Mario Series
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr. {N}

Zelda Series
Link
Zelda
Ganondorf
Midna {N}

Pokemon Series
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Deoxys {N}
Lucario {N}

Kirby Series
Kirby
Metaknight {N}
King Dedede {N}

Donkey Kong Series
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong {N}

Starfox Series
Fox
Falco
Wolf O'Donnel {N}
Krystal {N}

Metroid Series
Samus
Zero Suit Samus {N}
Ridley {N}

Fire Emblem Series
Marth
Ike {N}

Individual Nintendo Characters
Captain Falcon
Yoshi
Ness
Pit {N}
Wario {N}

3rd Party Characters
Snake {N}
Megaman {N}
Sonic {N}

Total = 35 Newcomers = 17

PLEASE COMMENT ON MY ROSTER

Metaknight X

Smash Journeyman
Mario Series
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr. {N}

Zelda Series
Link
Zelda
Ganondorf
Midna {N}

Pokemon Series
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Deoxys {N}
Lucario {N}

Kirby Series
Kirby
Metaknight {N}
King Dedede {N}

Donkey Kong Series
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong {N}

Starfox Series
Fox
Falco
Wolf O'Donnel {N}
Krystal {N}

Metroid Series
Samus
Zero Suit Samus {N}
Ridley {N}

Fire Emblem Series
Marth
Ike {N}

Captain Falcon
Yoshi
Ness
Pit {N}
Wario {N}

3rd Party Characters
Snake {N}
Megaman {N}
Sonic {N}

Total = 35 Newcomers = 17

PLEASE COMMENT ON MY ROSTER
That's a decent roster. There's a nice spread of franchises in there. However, I don't think the Ice Climbers will be cut (Sakurai has stated that he loves retro characters), and neither will Mewtwo. I also think adding both Krystal AND Wolf while keeping Falco as well is a bit of a stretch, and you haven't added any newcomers from 'new' franchises, that is franchises that didn't have a rep in Melee, Captain Olimar for example. Still, props for including the only other two guest characters that should be in Brawl...

Overall, I give this list 7/10

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
People you've got to understand that if your list does not contain King K.Rool then it's bad right from there.

boricuaboy

Smash Apprentice
Mario Series
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Boo{N}
Bowser Jr. {N}

Zelda Series
Link
Zelda
Ganondorf
Midna {N}

Pokemon Series
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Lucario {N}
Blaziken{N}

Kirby Series
Kirby
Metaknight {N}
King Dedede {N}

Donkey Kong Series
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong {N}
Dixie Kong{N}

Starfox Series
Fox
Falco
Wolf O'Donnel {N}
Krystal {N}

Metroid Series
Samus
Zero Suit Samus {N}
Ridley {N}
Dark Samus{N}

Fire Emblem Series
Marth
Ike {N}

Captain Falcon
Yoshi
Ness
Pit {N}
Wario {N}

3rd Party Characters
Snake {N}
Megaman {N}
Sonic {N}
Knuckles{N}

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
To Metaknight x,
Thanks for your comment i now agree with u. As for my starfox choices, i expect krystal nd wolf to appear, and yet my favorite character in melee is falco. I admit it's unlikely for him to be in brawl, but i refuse to turn my back on him! XD

To Icetrash,
King K. Rool is a cr@p character, doesnt fit in at all in my opinion.

To Boricuaboy,
You stole my symbol {N}... jk, lol

Mysteryfox1

Smash Ace
The Netherlands, Noord-Brabant, Aarle Rixtel
mario
luigi
wario
peach
bowser
boo
kamek
link
zelda
ganondorf
majora's mask
fiercy deity link
fox
krystal
falco
wolf
pickachu
lucario
mewtwo
meowth
yoshi
kirby
meta knight
king dedede
donkey kong
diddy kong
samus
zero suit samus
dark samus
ridley
pit
ness
capt. falcon
snake

this is my roster

Caael

Smash Lord
Mario series
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Yoshi
Wario
Bowser Jr. {N}

Zelda series
Link
Zelda
Ganondorf
Vaati {N}

Metroid Series
Samus
Zamus {N}
Ridley {N}
Dark Samus {N}

Kirby series
Kirby
Metaknight {N}
King Dedede {N}

Starfox series
Fox
Wolf {N}
Krystal {N}

Donkey Kong series
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong {N}
K. Rool {N}

Fire Emblem
Marth
Ike {N}
Lyn {N}

Pokemon
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Deoxys {N}
Lucario {N}

Other Nintendo characters
Olimar {N}
Captain Falcon
Pit {N}

3rd Party
Sonic {N}
Snake {N}

Smashed11

Smash Cadet
ok here goes.

Mario Series:
1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Peach
4. Bowser
5. Wario
6. Baby Bowser

Zelda Series:
7. Link
8. Zelda/Shiek
9. Ganondorf
10. Tetra

Donkey Kong Series:
11. DK
12. Diddy Kong

StarFox Series:
13. Starfox
14. Falco
15. Wolf

Kirby Series:
16. Kirby
17. Meta-Knight

Pokemon Series:
18. Pikachu/Raichu (Zelda/Shiek)
19. Mewtwo
20. Charizard
21. Blastoise
(took out Pichu & Jigglypuff)

Metroid Series:
22. Samus
23. Dark Samus
24. Ridley

Yoshi Series:
25. Yoshi

Misc.:
26. Ice Climbers
27. Pit
28. Roy
29. Marth
30. Mr.Game & Watch
31. Sonic :ohwell:
32. C.Falcon.... forgot him :(

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
You guys don't have any characters that Sakurai likes, not realistic. Except Dedede.
How are they not realistic? They include the melee roster and have realistic newcomers. Besides, who are you to decide who Sakurai likes and dislikes? You act as if you know him much better than we do.

Metaknight X

Smash Journeyman
Falcolegend, I think Meta is referring to those characters that Sakurai commented on in his poll, such as Ike, Ridley, Dedede, Krystal, Geno, Diddy Kong and others. He also stated that he like retro characters, hence the inclusion of Ice Climbers and Mr Game & Watch in Melee.

Ironically, most of those characters WERE on your particular list...

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
Ok point taken, but u fail to realise that most of these characters WERE included in our lists. So in future, kindly think before u post.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
Ok point taken, but u fail to realise that most of these characters WERE included in our lists. So in future, kindly think before u post.
Uh... Here are many characters that you missed (you did NOT get most of them)

Muddy Mole
Takamaru
Geno
Diddy/Dixie Duo (ewww...)
Balloon Fighter
Little Mac
Lololo
Demiru
Sukapon
Mach Rider

And some more. I included 10 and a 1/2 (Diddy counts as a half because he likes the duo more) and you only included 5. Not realistic, and not covering half the characters he wants.

So in future, kindly think before u post.

Metaknight X

Smash Journeyman
Meta, I don't think Sakurai WANTS all of them in Brawl, I think he is merely considering them. He said somewhere else (possibly the same site) that he wanted to stay away from too many Japan only characters, which lessens the chances for Demiru, Sukapon and others. However, I can see BF and Takamaru making the cut at least, if not more of those characters you just mentioned...

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
Meta, I don't think Sakurai WANTS all of them in Brawl, I think he is merely considering them. He said somewhere else (possibly the same site) that he wanted to stay away from too many Japan only characters, which lessens the chances for Demiru, Sukapon and others. However, I can see BF and Takamaru making the cut at least, if not more of those characters you just mentioned...
I'm not saying all of them, but the one's he likes have the more chance to get in, wether we like it or not. If i would've thought that i would've stuffed them in my roster.

Yes, the japanese factor does jump in, nice catch, i forgot that. Though thats only like 1 or 2 he may think twice about.

User33

Smash Journeyman
My character list

Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Peach
Wario
Yoshi
Geno

Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Young Link (Cel Shaded)
Tingle

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Lucario
Mewtwo
???

Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

Donkey Kong
Diddy+Dixie Kong

Marth
Ike
Sigurd

Samus/ZSS
Ridley

Fox
Falco
Krystal

Captain Falcon

Ness
Lucas

Pit
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game and Watch
Balloon Fighter

Issac
Captain Olimer

Snake
Sonic
Sora

Takumaru

That's 45 characters if I counted correctly

Croco

Smash Lord
I'm re-doing mine..

1.Mario
2.Luigi
3.Peach
4.Bowser
5.Wart
6.Yoshi
7.Wario
8.Captain Syrup
9.Tatanga
10.Link
11.Zelda & Sheik
12.Ganondorf
13.Midna(Non-Imp Form)
14.DK
15.Diddy Kong
16.K-Rool
17.Pikachu
18.Jigglypuff
19.Mewtwo
20.Deoxys
22.Kirby
23.Meta-Knight
24.King Dedede
25.Samus & ZSS
26.Dark Samus
27.Fox
28.Wolf
29.Krystal
30.Marth
31.Ike
32.Black Knight
33.Captain Falcon
34.Samurai Goroh
35.Ness
36.Flint
37.Pokey
38.Ice Climbers
39.Mr. Game and Watch
40.Little Mac
41.Alice
42.Pit
43.Mike Jones
44.Laughing Dog
45.Mii
46.Snake
47.Sonic
48.MegaMan
49.Geno or Sora
50."Hanafuda Playing Cards" (In some shape or form..)

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
Default:

Mario
Yoshi
Peach
Bowser
Wario

Donkey Kong

Pikachu

Captain Falcon

Fox

Pit

Zero Suit Samus

Kirby
Metaknight

Link
Zelda / Sheik

Ness

Snake

Secret:

Luigi
Birdo

Lanky Kong

Jigglypuff

Samarai Goroh

Wolf O'Donnell

Dark Samus

Ganondorf

Jeff

Sonic

Baloon Fighter

Mr. Game & Watch

Marth

Doraemon

Total default: 16
Total secret: 14
All together: 30 characters.

Very likely, they'll be more than 28 characters.
But those are all of the ones that I need.

EDIT:
Birdo and Ganondorf added to my roster. :)

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
I'm re-doing mine..

1.Mario
2.Luigi
3.Peach
4.Bowser
5.Wart
6.Yoshi
7.Wario
8.Captain Syrup
9.Tatanga
10.Link
11.Zelda & Sheik
12.Ganondorf
13.Midna(Non-Imp Form)
14.Agahnim
15.DK
16.Diddy Kong
17.Pikachu
18.Jigglypuff
19.Mewtwo
20.Deoxys
22.Kirby
23.Meta-Knight
24.King Dedede
25.Samus & ZSS
26.Dark Samus
27.Fox
28.Wolf
29.Krystal
30.Marth
31.Ike
32.Black Knight
33.Captain Falcon
34.Samurai Goroh
35.Ness
36.Flint
37.Pokey
38.Ice Climbers
39.Mr. Game and Watch
40.Little Mac
41.Alice
42.Pit
43.Mike Jones
44.Stafy
45.Mii
46.Snake
47.Sonic
48.MegaMan
49.Geno
50."Hanafuda Playing Cards" (In some shape or form..)
50! What in hell are Hanafuda playing cards, captain syrup, flint.... Pokey? Mike Jones? Stafy? Aghanim? Non imp form of Midna? Tatanga? Wart? :psycho:

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
Pikachu should be the only playable character.
I agree that Poke'mon should be limited as playable characters, but then that would go against my 'wanting all original n64 characters to return' opinion. So, Pika and Jiggly should be the only two Poke'mon involved as characters.

Others, to the Poke'balls with ye!

Steven Hail

Smash Cadet
Great, a place where I can show off my noobness. Oh well. Behold! Steve's final roster!

1.Mario
2.Link
3.Samus/Zero-Suit Samus (Dark Samus is an unlockable costume)
4.Pikachu
5.Kirby
6.Metaknight
7.Wario
8.Pit
9.Bowser
10.Ridley
11.Peach
12.Donkey Kong
13.Mewtwo
14.Deoxys
15.Ness
16.Zelda/Sheik
17.Ganondorf
18.WW Link
19.Captain Falcon
20.Yoshi
21.Luigi
22.Bowser Jr.
23.Fox
24.Falco
25.Krystal
26.Diddy Kong
27.Ike
28.Lyn
29.Black Knight
30.King Dedede
31.Lucario

Third-Party Characters:
32.Sonic (Shadow is a color scheme with slightly altered attacks)
33.Snake
34.Zero (His MMZ incarnation)
35.Geno (Because people love him)

Wow, that was actually fun for a good laugh.:laugh: But seriously, I do prefer Zero over Megaman anyday. Just my opinion. The list is kinda small now that I see it.

EggBomb

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to take a stab at this. I'm limiting my total to 36 characters.

Mario Series
-Mario
-Luigi
-Peach
-Bowser
-Geno
-Yoshi
-Wario

Donkey Kong Series
-Donkey Kong
-Diddy Kong

Zelda Series
-Link
-Zelda
-Gannondorf
-WW Link

Metroid Series
-Samus/Zero Suit Samus
-Ridley

Kirby Series
-Kirby
-Metaknight
-King Dedede

Pokemon Series
-Pikachu
-Jigglypuff
-Mewtwo
-Lucario

Star Fox Series
-Fox
-Falco
-Krystal

Misc Series
-Captain Falcon
-Ness
-Captain Olimar
-Ike (Replaces Marth)
-Mii (Replaces Wireframes...WTF unlockable, WiiSports/WiiPlay moveset)

Retro Series
-Iceclimbers
-Pit
-Balloon Fighter

3rd Party Series
-Solid Snake
-Sonic
-Megaman

If I added more characters they would be from Earthbound, FE (both Marth & Ike), and maybe another from F-Zero. It also would be really cool to see Simon Belmont. Another WTF character idea is Paper Mario...I could see them pulling off some moves based on the in game moves (Hold Back B and release at a certain time). Here's to hoping there are more then 36 characters!

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
The past two lists are crap because they dont contain the king of all kings....none other than K.Rool.

D

Deleted member

K. Rool would indeed be awesome, if only for his mass and villainous status. We need villains more than anything else. But he puts the generic in generic villains.

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
Let's see if I can make a decent one. Let's get rid of the confirmed ones we know.

1. Mario
2. Wario
3. Samus
4. Zero Suit Samus
5. Pit
6. Metaknight
7. Kirby
8. Fox
9. Snake
10. Pikachu
11. Link

Now that that's out of the way, let's go to the returning melee'ers.

11. Ness
12. Marth
13. Gannon
14. Captain Falcon
15. Donkey Kong
16. Luigi
17. bowser
18. Yoshi
19. Falco
20. Ice Clibers
21. Mewtwo
22. Mr. Game and Watch
23. Roy

Newcomers

24. Ike
25. Diddy Kong
26. King K. Rool
27. King Dedede
28. Wolf O'Donnell
29. Lucas
30. Megaman
31. Sora
32. Sonic

Newer Nercomers xD

33. Krystal

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
Let's see if I can make a decent one. Let's get rid of the confirmed ones we know.

1. Mario
2. Wario
3. Samus
4. Zero Suit Samus
5. Pit
6. Metaknight
7. Kirby
8. Fox
9. Snake
10. Pikachu
11. Link

Now that that's out of the way, let's go to the returning melee'ers.

11. Ness
12. Marth
13. Gannon
14. Captain Falcon
15. Donkey Kong
16. Luigi
17. bowser
18. Yoshi
19. Falco
20. Ice Clibers
21. Mewtwo
22. Mr. Game and Watch
23. Roy

Newcomers

24. Ike
25. Diddy Kong
26. King K. Rool
27. King Dedede
28. Wolf O'Donnell
29. Lucas
30. Megaman
31. Sora
32. Sonic
mmm, realistic number of 32 is good. However, IMO some poor choices for newcomers.
K.rool, lucas nd sora shwdnt be in the game, nd u havent included krystal, Ridley, Bowser Jr, deoxys or captain olimar. However, i love u for adding megaman nd sonic (only reasonable 3rd party characters IMO) so this list get's 7/10. :)

Top Bottom