• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Argue YOUR final roster!

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
mmm, realistic number of 32 is good. However, IMO some poor choices for newcomers.
K.rool, lucas nd sora shwdnt be in the game, nd u havent included krystal, Ridley, Bowser Jr, deoxys or captain olimar. However, i love u for adding megaman nd sonic (only reasonable 3rd party characters IMO) so this list get's 7/10. :)
I thought both megaman and sora fit, seeing as how they have a lot of moves to be considered for a move list. I didn't want more pokemon, they annoyed the hell out of me. I only kept mewtwo in the hope they denerf him and make him better in brawl. I could see Krystal being added, but i wasn't too keen on bowser jr, ridley, or olimar.

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
@ SSoH

I do like aspects of your list, but Pikmin has a very big fanbase, and it is unrepresented in smash bros, so olimar needs a place there. Likewise Metroid has a gigantic fanbase, and the thought of leaving samus alone AGAIN is just cruel.

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
True, but ridley and olimar just seem weird to me being in it, personally. People have come up with other characters from Metroid besides ridley, one being Dark Samus. But then the arguement comes up that Dark Samus will just be a clone. So ridley seems to be one of the only options.

YosterDragon

Smash Apprentice
Why not? Posted in Wiseguy's thread, here's yet another list to pore over (or ignore, whatever your fancy :bigthumbu)

Super Mario
-----------
1. Mario - Confirmed
Everyone's favorite plumber from Brooklyn, he's confirmed and ready for action.

2. Luigi - Excellent
Mario's steadfast bro and one of the original 12, he's all but guaranteed to return.

3. Princess Peach - Excellent
With more recent games breaking Peach out of her normal damsel in distress role, she's due to return to Brawl ready to lay the smackdown again.

4. Bowser - Excellent
Ah, poor Bowser. He never seems to succeed with his stunningly similar sinister schemes (that's alliteration kids!), but perhaps he'll get some revenge when he most likely returns for Brawl--hopefully with some buffs to boot.

5. Bowser Jr. - Fair
As much as I personally dislike this little guy for singlehandedly usurping the Koopa Kids, I must admit his potential for being included is high and his moveset could be quite unique given his role in Sunshine.

The Legend of Zelda
-------------------

6. Link (Twilight Princess) - Confirmed
Confirmed and looking good, TP Link updates the classic OoT Link we all know and love from the previous SSB games.

7. Link (Wind Waker) - Excellent
This seems to be the best way to go as a replacement for Young Link in my book, as I am in the minority who absolutely loved WW's artistic style. Distinguishing graphics aside, WW Link had a slew of new items not seen in other LoZ games that could be used to further Luigify his moveset.

8. Princess Zelda - Excellent
Ah, here seems to be the hot button...OoT Zelda/Sheik, or TP Zelda? Seems to me that TP Zelda could combine some traits of OoT Zelda/Sheik from Melee: keep some similar magic moves (maybe graphically altering the 3 OoT spells to the light magic from TP), while adding some agile new moves with her rapier to complement her "previous life" (I don't mean that literally, I know my Zelda games, please put down the torches and pitchforks!) as Sheik. But what do I know, I'm sure not Sakurai.

9. Gannondorf - Excellent
Chances are the big guy is coming back in TP form, and hopefully with a moveset to call his own. Not that the bearer of the Triforce of Power minded being a clone or anything...

10. Midna w/Wolf Link - Good
Ferro De Lupe's fantastic moveset idea pushed me in this direction. Seems to me this would be a great way to add a recent LoZ character to the Brawl roster as well as provide a unique gameplay experience.

Pokémon
-------

11. Pikachu - Confirmed
The electric rat returneth. 'Nuff said.

12. Jigglypuff - Excellent
Sigh...despite a lack of importance to the series, Jigglypuff is most likely coming back, thanks to original 12 status.

13. Mewtwo - Good
Poor Mewtwo, he had such great potential for Melee, but the Nerf bat must've caught him early on. Here's hoping he returns with some of the suckage removed.

14. Red - Poor
What?!?!? You didn't pick a Pokémon as the new 4th rep for the series? You chose the generic trainer from Pokémon Red and Blue? Insanity...but perhaps not! Imagine a moveset centered around the six Pokémon a trainer is allowed to carry. Ground A attacks could be carried out by a fighting type Pokémon (mayhap the oft suggested Lucario) who is by your side by default. Air A attacks plus double jump and B up recovery could instantly call out a flying type (let's say Charizard, an original starter and fairly popular Pokémon) to your aid. The B special moves could be any variety of attacks based around a variety of Pokémon techniques. My point is, it seems a really creative moveset could be made by Sakurai and the Brawl team.

Donkey Kong
-----------

15. Donkey Kong - Excellent
DK Jr. all grown up, Donkey Kong is coming back again, ready to show old Cranky Kong that he's definitely the real deal. That, and eat bananas.

16. Diddy Kong - Good
Diddy needs a little respect. Sure, he started as DK's sidekick, but he ended up saving the big lug eventually. He's helped whup K. Rool's posterior plenty of times, and even stopped a giant alien pig from trashing the planet! And even though DK64 was a bit of a snore, we can be happy it existed since it'll diversify Diddy's moveset. Hmm, a monkey with a jetpack, pistols and a guitar...what's not to love?

17. King K. Rool - Fair
Call him a cheap Bowser knockoff all you want, but K. Rool just may show his ugly mug to prove you wrong when Brawl arrives. I could see some interesting moves based on the costumes he's worn over the years: Kaptain K. Rool (pirate), Baron K. Roolentstein (mad scientist) and King Krusha K. Rool (boxer).

Starfox
-------

18. Fox McCloud - Confirmed
Like it or not, it's the Command version of Fox that's returning. We'll have to wait and see what changes are in store for the furry anthropomorphic Arwing pilot friend.

19. Krystal - Excellent
Dinosaur Planet, Rareware's last Nintendo hurrah, looked fantastic on its own, but then the Star Fox branding came along. But sordid stories aside, I suppose we'll take that as a good thing since Krystal is eligible for Brawl because of it. Her staff is what distinguishes her, and should provide for an interesting moveset. Oh, and not that I've seen it brought up yet, but I'd vote that her appearance be her original SFA appearance.

20. Wolf O'Donnell - Good
Every hero's gotta have their rival, and Fox is no exception. In the interest of adding villains to the Brawl roster, I've included fan favorite Wolf over Falco. Not knocking Falco, as he's a great charatcter in the Starfox world, but there are only so many spaces in the Brawl roster. I'd like to see the Brawl team give Wolf the same treatment Fox was originally given, i.e. "Let's make up some cool moves for him since he's not out of the cockpit much!" However, in order to play by Wiseguy's rules, we'll call Wolf a clone for now.

Kirby
-----

21. Kirby - Confirmed
The little placeholder sprite that could, Kirby returns yet again. Here's hoping he finds himself somewhere between his SSB pwnage and Melee's nerfed...nerfness...yeah. Moving on!

22. Metaknight - Confirmed
Holy cow, I've always wanted this one but wouldn't have bet on it happpening way back when. Thank you Sakurai for proving me wrong and adding a fantastic Kirby character! We've only glimpsed at what this whirling dervish of an anti-Kirby has in store for Brawl...

23. King Dedede - Excellent
Finally, some hammer based combat that doesn't involve two ****** Eskimoes tethered together! Given his penguiny villainous popularity (and being a Sakurai creation), don't be surprised if you get hit upside the head by a mallet-weilding penguin when Brawl finally arrives.

Metroid
-------

24. Samus/Zamus - Double Confirmed
Well, as cool as Zero Suit Samus's addition to the game is, it pains me that Sakurai has said she's a transformation instead of a wholly separate character. Oh well, at least Nintendo's favorite power suit weilding femme fatale is returning for Brawl.

25. Ridley - Excellent
Ridley's long overdue for a SSB appearance, and I think Brawl is when he'll finally get to rear his ugly head. Super intelligent and a space pirate dragon (does it get any better?), Ridley is just full of potential...for PAIN!

26. Dark Samus - Fair
First a metroid becomes part Samus, then Samus becomes part metroid. Ah, the circle of life. In any case, the Metroid series certainly deserves more reps despite having a really small pool of characters to pick from. DS, as stated amply in posts before this, is very much different from Samus herself, but I wouldn't be surprised if DS was a clone as opposed to having an original moveset.

F-Zero
------

27. Captain Falcon - Excellent
The seemingly sole representation of his series, Falcon is most almost certainly returning for Brawl.

28. Samurai Goroh - Fair
I've always been a fan of Goroh for some inexplicable reason, so it's only natural I include him in my predictive Brawl roster. Plus, more villains are always a good thing. I could see a moveset that combines his brute strength with his katana skills...perhaps a clone of Falcon but with some sword attacks peppered in for Luigification?

Fire Emblem
-----------

29. Ike - Good
Given what I understand to be his international popularity and his similarity to Marth, I'll side with the Ike folks here and nix Marth for Ike. But to be fair, I've yet to play a Fire Emblem game, so I'm fairly uninformed on this topic. It really seems to be an classic game vs. recent release debate, and I don't think I'm qualified to rightly choose between Marth and Ike, but I did anyhow.

30. Micaiah - Poor
I've yet to see this combination, so I figured why not? Given Melee's treatment of FE characters (Marth being the fan favorite and Roy being the advertisement for an upcoming game), I decided to follow suit and choose Micaiah as my second FE character, plugging the upcoming Wii FE (Ike being the international fan favorite...or at least known outside of Japan, anyhow). Plus, she's not another sword user, which seems to be a rather popular trend for Brawl characters...

Earthbound
----------

31. Ness - Excellent
Ness, being North America's only representative of the crazy cult hit Mother series and a member of the original 12, is almost guaranteed to make a return.

Yoshi
-----

32. Yoshi - Excellent
Bet you didn't see that one coming, eh? Yoshi's certainly coming back, given his status as a staple Mario-related character, his inclusion in the original 12, and the glimpses we've caught of a Yoshi's Island stage. For the record, YI>YS by an infinite degree. It's about time there was a YI stage instead of a YS one.

Wario
-----

33. Wario - Confirmed
It's about bloody time! Wario's here and ready to rock in his Wario Ware gear. We just need to see what his moveset is like outside of his, erm, unique Wario Waft.

Misc. Nintendo
--------------

34. Pit - Confirmed
Another confirmed newcomer, the star of Kid Icarus and its little known Game Boy sequel has come out of the gates strong and looking good--props to Sakurai's team for such a cool looking reimagining. Along with Metaknight, Pit seems to be another fast and floaty newcomer.

35. Captain Olimar - Good
This idea had never even crossed my mind until reading the forums here, and you know what? It's grown on me. Sure, Pikmin wasn't a blockbuster franchise, but what would be more humiliating than loosing to a bunch of little sentient flowers led by a tiny commanding spaceman? Not much, I'll bet. Well, except for losing to...

36. Tom Nook - Fair
You'll know you're having a bad day when a tanuki slumlord throws furniture at you and breaks your legs with a golden shovel. And on top of that you'll still owe him thousands of bells on your mortgage. I won't say his odds of getting into Brawl are great, but he may be able to "persuade" his way in. With violence.

37. Balloon Fighter - Good
I've yet to try and wrap my head around a moveset for this guy, yet I'm convinced he's fairly likely to get in. The rumor of him being pulled from Melee, plus Bowserlick's awesome idea that he be restyled as a WWI pilot (complete with pulled up goggles and scarf) have convinced me he deserves a spot on my (most likely flawed) roster.

38. Jill - Poor
Ah, here's where the curve balls come. Made by Gamefreak and owned by Nintendo, Drill Dozer was a fantastic GBA puzzle platformer that was just oozing with personality, particularly the spunky heroine Jill. I'll admit her chances are pretty slim to nil, but I would consider it a surprise on the level of the Ice Climbers or Mr. Game and Watch. Besides, it's my list and I get to pick.

39. Ray Mk II - Poor
One last oddball Nintendo character that I don't think has been suggested yet in this thread. The Ray model Custom Robos are the flagship models for the series, with Mk II being one of the most recognizable thanks to his trophy in Melee. Again, this character has a very low likelyhood of getting in, but could potentially have a very unique moveset thanks to the huge number of weapons from the Custom Robo series that could be used. Here's hoping we see Ray get to use the dragon gun.

Third Party
-----------

40. Solid Snake - Confirmed
I can actually recollect my confusion upon hearing the MGS communicator ring after the watching the Brawl trailer "finish" for the first time. Snake is the last character anybody would have guessed as having an appearance in a Smash Bros. game, and yet here he is, practically fitting right in. All I need to know to be happy is how his cardboard box comes into play...

41. Sonic the Hedgehog - Excellent
If you didn't see this one coming you probably had your eyes closed. Sega, Nintendo...we need the definitive answer to the age old Mario vs. Sonic rivalry, and I don't think a trip to the Olympics is gonna cut it.

42. Geno - Good
Let's hope a Geno reappearance happens. That way, when approximately 1.2 million SMRPG fanboys' heads explode and bajillions of copies of Brawl are sold, Square Enix and Nintendo will realize it's about time to make an official SMRPG sequel. Not that the M&L and Paper Mario games weren't fantastic (they most certainly were), but still. Besides, I'd love to see Geno's Final Smash be his Geno Flash...who wouldn't want to turn into a supernova shooting cannon?

Runners Up
----------
Just to mention it, I've heard some other fantastic suggestions that didn't quite make my cut, but are worth repeating yet again: Skull Kid, Commander Kahn, Mach Rider, Mii, Fawful, Megaman, Simon Belmont...the list goes on. Oh, and curse you Microsoft for owning the rights to Banjo-Kazooie. They could've been great in the SSB series.

Conker1

Smash Ace
1.Mario
2.Luigi
3.Peach
4.Bowser
5.Yoshi
6.Wario
7.Donkey Kong
8.Diddy Kong
9.Link
10.Zelda
11.Ganondorf
12.Skull Kid
13.Samus
14.Ridley
15.Kirby
16.Meta-Knight
17.King Dedede
18.Fox
19.Falco
20.Krystal
21.Captain Falcon
22.Pikachu
23.Jigglypuff
24.Mewtwo
25.Meowth
26.Ness
27.Kumatora or Duster or Flint
28.Marth
29.Ike
30.Hector
31.Little Mac
32.Sukapon
33.Stafy
34.Ice Climbers
35.Pit
36.Isaac
37.Mr Game and Watch
38.Capt. Olimar
39.Muddy Mole or Balloon Fighter or Takamaru
40.Snake
41.Sonic
42.Bomberman

Only Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon deserve 4 reps. The rest deserve no more than 3.

Only 7 villains!?!?!?1 Oh no! Pile em on! -_-

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
I would argue that Mario and Pokemon deserve 5, as they're both HUGE in terms of sales for Nintendo. Heck, give Mario 6.
My Character List:
Mario:
1. Mario - Confirmed
2. Luigi - Could this be any more obvious?
3. Princess Peach - ^Ditto
4. Bowser - ^Double ditto
5. Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario - Villain in two recent games. We need more villains, especially cool ones with PAINTBRUSHES!
6. Geno - Because apparently he's the Chuck Norris of video game characters.

Pokemon:
7. Pikachu - Confirmed
8. Jigglypuff - It's adorable, and one of the original twelve.
9. Meowth - The second most important Pokemon in the anime, one of the most recognized Pokemon, and could bring unique things to Brawl. Like smashing a guitar into other smashers. And throwing BOTTLECAPS!!!
10. Lucario - To represent the newest Pokemon games. The right shape, and tons of conceivable movesets.
11. Deoxys- A shapeshifting space virus? Heck yeah. Would take a lot of programming, but in the end, totally worth it.

Zelda:
12. Link - Confirmed
13. Zelda- The series is named after her. She's got one of the Triforces, and appears in nearly every game. In TP form, o' course.
14. Ganodorf - Link's greatest enemy throughout the ages. In TP form.
15. Wolf Link/Midna - To represent TP. Plus, it's a kickass wolf with a crazy imp on its back.
What could be more fun? It would be Midna fighting, and commanding the wolf.

StarFox:
16. Fox - Confirmed
17. Wolf - The more villains, the better. Wolf is truly Fox's main rival. He's a villain, but not pure evil.
18. Krystal - For female representation.

Kirby:
19. Kirby - Confirmed
20. Metaknight- Confirmed
21. King Dedede- Sakurai is behind the Kirby series. Dedede is a hammer-wileding penguin.
Any questions?

Donkey Kong:
22. DK - One of the twelve.
23. Diddy Kong - He's DK's right-hand man...er monkey, and he's starred in several games of his own. Peanut gun ftw!
24. King K. Rool - MORE VILLAINS!

Earthbound:
25. Ness - One of the twelve
26. Kumatora/Lucas/Poo/Jeff/Paula - Grab bag Earthbound spot. I know little of Earthbound. So it's up to someone else to decide.

F-Zero:
27. Captain Falcon- One of the twelve
28. Samurai Goroh - Because he's awesome. All who deny his awesomeness are lame haters.

Fire Emblem:
29. Marth/Ike - Interchangeable, I think.
30. Black Knight/Hector/Sigurd/Lyn/Eliwood/Other - Same as Earthbouand, a grab bag spot.
Take your pick.

Yoshi:
31. Yoshi- Pretty much confirmed

WarioWare:
32. Wario

Kid Icarus:
33. Pit

Metroid:
34. Samus Aran/ZSS - Confirmed
35. Ridley - More villains! Also, if you see the opening trailer of Melee, you can see a scaled down Ridley. This shows that Ridley can be implemented.
36. Dark Samus - MORE VILLAIN!

Pikmin:
37. Captain Olimar- Would be awesome beyond words. Would have to be much larger than in the games, though. ;D

Ice Climbers:
38. Ice Climbers - Because they are my ***-kicking characters.

Metal Gear:
39. Snake - Confirmed

Sonic:
40. Sonic - See Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games. Have any doubts now?

OUT:
Roy
Pichu
Mewtwo
Dr. Mario
Mr. Game&Watch
Sheik

Since I'm not into retro games, I wouldn't know what Retro characters to put in.
Any suggestions?

Steven Hail

Smash Cadet
The past two lists are crap because they dont contain the king of all kings....none other than K.Rool.
K.Rool? Oh, you mean that one ******** crocodile who looks likes he's jacked up on drugs, has a potbelly, wears a red towel as a cape and a plactic crown, and has a beef with a gorilla. Yeah, he'd make a great addition.:p

Also, how would he fight anyway?

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
I've made a thread out of this, but it's been brought to my attention that it belongs here.

Well hey, everyone else seems to be doing it ;)
This thread shows which characters I think should be in Brawl.
Haters, flamers, noobs, noobies, complainers, all welcome!

Just one thing to ask of:
Constructive critique please :) not any of this "y0u suck" crap.
Opinions, details, and reasons wanted.

Legend:
(locked) = an unlockable character

Super Mario Bros.

1. Mario
2. Luigi (locked)
3. Yoshi
4. Peach (locked)
5. Bowser
6. Wario

This category of characters is the only one which deserves 6 reps. Why? It's freaking Super Mario! Everyone knows about it, even the kids without Nintendo. Peach is locked for this simple reason: 6 playable characters from the same series is lame, and Peach is the one I chose to be unlockable, as well as Luigi.

Donkey Kong

7. Donkey Kong
8. Diddy Kong
9. King K. Rool (locked)

The Donkey Kong series definitely deserves more characters, such as Diddy Kong and King K. Rool. Dixie, Lanky, Chunky, etc. aren't "Brawl material" in my opinion.

Legend of Zelda

10. Link
11. Zelda (Sheik removed)
12. Minda (locked)

"Oh my gosh, no Ganon?! What the hell is wrong with you?! - nothing, I personally think that he shouldn't be included in the game. End of story, goo bye. Sheik is removed because that's simply what I predict, and Minda would make a good addition to the game.

Star Fox

13. Fox McCloud
14. Falco Lombardi (locked)
15. Wolf O'Donnell (locked)
16. Krystal < - - - I'm still not sure if she'd make a good edition for Brawl, she's too recent. But, I guess it wouldn't make the game worse to add another character. And she's not a waste of space, just an odd addition for the game.

"You noob, you added 4 reps for Star Fox?!" yes, I did, yay opinions! Star Fox is capable of having four characters in it for Brawl, it's just Krystal that I wouldn't mind removing. Wolf should definitely be in, and Falco should stay as well, since most people like him.

Poke'mon

17. Pikachu
18. Jigglypuff (locked)
19. Mewtwo (locked)
20. Lucario (locked)

Too many Poke'mon will ruin the game, so 4 seems like a limited and respected amount. Pikachu and Purin are the obvious, Mewtwo would be nice as well. Lucario just looks so badass, he just has to be in Brawl.

Kirby

21. Kirby
22. Metaknight
23. King Dedede (locked)

Two confirmed, one not. King Dedede would make a good character to play as in Brawl. He has a good chance as well, since Sakurai (the creator of brawl), also made King Dedede!

Metroid

24. Samus / Zamus
25. Dark Samus (locked)
26. Ridley (locked) < - - - another character I'm not so sure about. His moveset is weird to think about, but maybe something could work out for Ridley.

"Ridley over DS? You don't want clones in the game, yet you put DS in? And you prefer DS over Ridley?!" first of all, DS would not be a clone of Samus. The moves of DS are completely original, and would be nothing completely alike. Ridley is a dragon that hovers in the air, who can't imagine that as being cheap to play with?

EarthBound

27. Ness
28. Jeff (locked)

EarthBound needs more characters, Jeff is the only reasonable character to put in I think. Pistols ftw.

F-Zero

29. Captain Falcon
30. Samurai Goroh (locked)

F-Zero also needed more characters, but Black Shadow would be lame. Samurai Goroh is a rival, but not pure evil. He's make a fine addition to the game. Just a little slow.

Kid Icarus

31. Pit

Fire Emblem

32. Marth (locked)
33. Ike (locked)

Marth needs to stay, he's way too pwnful in Melee to leave. Roy, being a clone, had to leave on the other hand. And be replaced with Ike.

Pikmin

34. Captain Olimar (locked)

Whoever says this isn't a good idea is just insane, think of all of the moves and possibilities you could do with Olimar. Pikmin FTW.

Balloon Fighter

35. Balloon Fighter (locked)

Another personal favorite of mine, I think it'd be interesting to polish one's skills with this character. His moveset would be original, and it's just a pwnful idea to begin with.

Ice Climbers

36. Ice Climbers

Third Party

37. Snake
38. Sonic (locked)
39. Geno (locked)
40. Mach Rider

1 confirmed, 3 not. All would be awesome to play as in Brawl. Mach Rider was a last addition to make the count 40, but I could still see him in Brawl. Geno, a definite wanted, as long with Sonic, have a good chance in Brawl! (sonic more than geno, however)

Default: 22
Locked: 18
Total: 40

Conker1

Smash Ace
I don't like the LoZ series either, but it definately deserves more rep than Starfox. LoZ is a system seller, Starfox not so much.

Ganon - Yes the villain of more than half the games, and one of the most popular Zelda characters doesn't deserve it, but Midna does?

King K. Rool - Terrible choice, overweight alligator with zero charisma. villains for villian's sake are pointless.

Midna - You say Krystal is too recent and you add Midna?

Wolf or Krystal, pick one. Starfox doesn't deserve four.

Lucario is lame, I don't see what his appeal is.

Dark Samus - We don't need 3 Samus's. For those who say she's nothing like Samus, it doesn't matter. We don't need 3 Samus's.

Samurai Goroh - Used to think he deserved it, but F-Zero really doesn't deserve more than one.

Mach Rider - He isn't 3rd party....

People, people. STOP adding villains for the sake of villains! That is the worst reason to add a character. "Well Kumatora is popular, but we added K.Rool instead 'cause we need teh villains!" Do you really want that to happen?

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
I don't like the LoZ series either, but it definately deserves more rep than Starfox. LoZ is a system seller, Starfox not so much.

Ganon - Yes the villain of more than half the games, and one of the most popular Zelda characters doesn't deserve it, but Midna does?

King K. Rool - Terrible choice, overweight alligator with zero charisma. villains for villian's sake are pointless.

Midna - You say Krystal is too recent and you add Midna?

Wolf or Krystal, pick one. Starfox doesn't deserve four.

Lucario is lame, I don't see what his appeal is.

Dark Samus - We don't need 3 Samus's. For those who say she's nothing like Samus, it doesn't matter. We don't need 3 Samus's.

Samurai Goroh - Used to think he deserved it, but F-Zero really doesn't deserve more than one.

Mach Rider - He isn't 3rd party....

People, people. STOP adding villains for the sake of villains! That is the worst reason to add a character. "Well Kumatora is popular, but we added K.Rool instead 'cause we need teh villains!" Do you really want that to happen?
First off, Ganandorf is just a character that I hate =/
Minda is a cool character to me, and even though she's recent, she's one who deserves to be in it. Krystal on the other hand, made Star Fox horrific to play.

But Krystal could still be in Brawl, though I would not mind throwing her out.
Star Fox has enough reputation to have 4 characters. End of story.

Lucario is fine, and seems a lot more able to play in Brawl than Deoxys or however the hell you spell it. Blaziken? Charizard? None of those beat Lucario, he's too pwnful.

Metroid has been in the SSB game since the begining, it deserves more than 2 characters.

Samurai Goroh, again, F-Zero has been in since the begining. We need more characters from F-Zero, such as him.

King K. Rool is an excellent choice for the game in my opinion, his moves, weight, and height would be similar to Bowser, but he'd be more original. Screw all clones.
If Falco doesn't get a new moveset, he's lame.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
My roster:

1. Mario
2. Link
3. Pikachu
4. Kirby
5. Samus/Zero Suit Samus
6. Meta Knight
7. Pit
8. Snake
9. Fox
10. Bowser
11. Captain Falcon
12. Donkey Kong
13. Diddy Kong
14. K. Rool
15. Falco
16. Krystal (or Wolf)
17. Ice Climbers
18. Jigglypuff
19. Meowth (or Deoxys)
20. DeDeDe
21. Luigi
22. Some random Fire Emblem chracter
23. Some random Fire Emblem chracter #2 (<_<)
24. Mr. Game & Watch
25. Ness
26. Peach
27. Zelda/Shiek
28. Yoshi
29. Waluigi
30. Toad
31. Captain Olimar
32. Dark Samus
33. Sonic
34. Pac-Man
35. Geno
36. Mii
37. Mach Rider
38. Balloon Fighter
39. Any of the hunters from MPH
40. WW Link

Kunitsuna

Smash Journeyman
Why not? Posted in Wiseguy's thread, here's yet another list to pore over (or ignore, whatever your fancy )

Super Mario
-----------
1. Mario - Confirmed
Everyone's favorite plumber from Brooklyn, he's confirmed and ready for action.

2. Luigi - Excellent
Mario's steadfast bro and one of the original 12, he's all but guaranteed to return.

3. Princess Peach - Excellent
With more recent games breaking Peach out of her normal damsel in distress role, she's due to return to Brawl ready to lay the smackdown again.

4. Bowser - Excellent
Ah, poor Bowser. He never seems to succeed with his stunningly similar sinister schemes (that's alliteration kids!), but perhaps he'll get some revenge when he most likely returns for Brawl--hopefully with some buffs to boot.

5. Bowser Jr. - Fair
As much as I personally dislike this little guy for singlehandedly usurping the Koopa Kids, I must admit his potential for being included is high and his moveset could be quite unique given his role in Sunshine.

The Legend of Zelda
-------------------

6. Link (Twilight Princess) - Confirmed
Confirmed and looking good, TP Link updates the classic OoT Link we all know and love from the previous SSB games.

7. Link (Wind Waker) - Excellent
This seems to be the best way to go as a replacement for Young Link in my book, as I am in the minority who absolutely loved WW's artistic style. Distinguishing graphics aside, WW Link had a slew of new items not seen in other LoZ games that could be used to further Luigify his moveset.

8. Princess Zelda - Excellent
Ah, here seems to be the hot button...OoT Zelda/Sheik, or TP Zelda? Seems to me that TP Zelda could combine some traits of OoT Zelda/Sheik from Melee: keep some similar magic moves (maybe graphically altering the 3 OoT spells to the light magic from TP), while adding some agile new moves with her rapier to complement her "previous life" (I don't mean that literally, I know my Zelda games, please put down the torches and pitchforks!) as Sheik. But what do I know, I'm sure not Sakurai.

9. Gannondorf - Excellent
Chances are the big guy is coming back in TP form, and hopefully with a moveset to call his own. Not that the bearer of the Triforce of Power minded being a clone or anything...

10. Midna w/Wolf Link - Good
Ferro De Lupe's fantastic moveset idea pushed me in this direction. Seems to me this would be a great way to add a recent LoZ character to the Brawl roster as well as provide a unique gameplay experience.

Pokémon
-------

11. Pikachu - Confirmed
The electric rat returneth. 'Nuff said.

12. Jigglypuff - Excellent
Sigh...despite a lack of importance to the series, Jigglypuff is most likely coming back, thanks to original 12 status.

13. Mewtwo - Good
Poor Mewtwo, he had such great potential for Melee, but the Nerf bat must've caught him early on. Here's hoping he returns with some of the suckage removed.

14. Red - Poor
What?!?!? You didn't pick a Pokémon as the new 4th rep for the series? You chose the generic trainer from Pokémon Red and Blue? Insanity...but perhaps not! Imagine a moveset centered around the six Pokémon a trainer is allowed to carry. Ground A attacks could be carried out by a fighting type Pokémon (mayhap the oft suggested Lucario) who is by your side by default. Air A attacks plus double jump and B up recovery could instantly call out a flying type (let's say Charizard, an original starter and fairly popular Pokémon) to your aid. The B special moves could be any variety of attacks based around a variety of Pokémon techniques. My point is, it seems a really creative moveset could be made by Sakurai and the Brawl team.

Donkey Kong
-----------

15. Donkey Kong - Excellent
DK Jr. all grown up, Donkey Kong is coming back again, ready to show old Cranky Kong that he's definitely the real deal. That, and eat bananas.

16. Diddy Kong - Good
Diddy needs a little respect. Sure, he started as DK's sidekick, but he ended up saving the big lug eventually. He's helped whup K. Rool's posterior plenty of times, and even stopped a giant alien pig from trashing the planet! And even though DK64 was a bit of a snore, we can be happy it existed since it'll diversify Diddy's moveset. Hmm, a monkey with a jetpack, pistols and a guitar...what's not to love?

17. King K. Rool - Fair
Call him a cheap Bowser knockoff all you want, but K. Rool just may show his ugly mug to prove you wrong when Brawl arrives. I could see some interesting moves based on the costumes he's worn over the years: Kaptain K. Rool (pirate), Baron K. Roolentstein (mad scientist) and King Krusha K. Rool (boxer).

Starfox
-------

18. Fox McCloud - Confirmed
Like it or not, it's the Command version of Fox that's returning. We'll have to wait and see what changes are in store for the furry anthropomorphic Arwing pilot friend.

19. Krystal - Excellent
Dinosaur Planet, Rareware's last Nintendo hurrah, looked fantastic on its own, but then the Star Fox branding came along. But sordid stories aside, I suppose we'll take that as a good thing since Krystal is eligible for Brawl because of it. Her staff is what distinguishes her, and should provide for an interesting moveset. Oh, and not that I've seen it brought up yet, but I'd vote that her appearance be her original SFA appearance.

20. Wolf O'Donnell - Good
Every hero's gotta have their rival, and Fox is no exception. In the interest of adding villains to the Brawl roster, I've included fan favorite Wolf over Falco. Not knocking Falco, as he's a great charatcter in the Starfox world, but there are only so many spaces in the Brawl roster. I'd like to see the Brawl team give Wolf the same treatment Fox was originally given, i.e. "Let's make up some cool moves for him since he's not out of the cockpit much!" However, in order to play by Wiseguy's rules, we'll call Wolf a clone for now.

Kirby
-----

21. Kirby - Confirmed
The little placeholder sprite that could, Kirby returns yet again. Here's hoping he finds himself somewhere between his SSB pwnage and Melee's nerfed...nerfness...yeah. Moving on!

22. Metaknight - Confirmed
Holy cow, I've always wanted this one but wouldn't have bet on it happpening way back when. Thank you Sakurai for proving me wrong and adding a fantastic Kirby character! We've only glimpsed at what this whirling dervish of an anti-Kirby has in store for Brawl...

23. King Dedede - Excellent
Finally, some hammer based combat that doesn't involve two ****** Eskimoes tethered together! Given his penguiny villainous popularity (and being a Sakurai creation), don't be surprised if you get hit upside the head by a mallet-weilding penguin when Brawl finally arrives.

Metroid
-------

24. Samus/Zamus - Double Confirmed
Well, as cool as Zero Suit Samus's addition to the game is, it pains me that Sakurai has said she's a transformation instead of a wholly separate character. Oh well, at least Nintendo's favorite power suit weilding femme fatale is returning for Brawl.

25. Ridley - Excellent
Ridley's long overdue for a SSB appearance, and I think Brawl is when he'll finally get to rear his ugly head. Super intelligent and a space pirate dragon (does it get any better?), Ridley is just full of potential...for PAIN!

26. Dark Samus - Fair
First a metroid becomes part Samus, then Samus becomes part metroid. Ah, the circle of life. In any case, the Metroid series certainly deserves more reps despite having a really small pool of characters to pick from. DS, as stated amply in posts before this, is very much different from Samus herself, but I wouldn't be surprised if DS was a clone as opposed to having an original moveset.

F-Zero
------

27. Captain Falcon - Excellent
The seemingly sole representation of his series, Falcon is most almost certainly returning for Brawl.

28. Samurai Goroh - Fair
I've always been a fan of Goroh for some inexplicable reason, so it's only natural I include him in my predictive Brawl roster. Plus, more villains are always a good thing. I could see a moveset that combines his brute strength with his katana skills...perhaps a clone of Falcon but with some sword attacks peppered in for Luigification?

Fire Emblem
-----------

29. Ike - Good
Given what I understand to be his international popularity and his similarity to Marth, I'll side with the Ike folks here and nix Marth for Ike. But to be fair, I've yet to play a Fire Emblem game, so I'm fairly uninformed on this topic. It really seems to be an classic game vs. recent release debate, and I don't think I'm qualified to rightly choose between Marth and Ike, but I did anyhow.

30. Micaiah - Poor
I've yet to see this combination, so I figured why not? Given Melee's treatment of FE characters (Marth being the fan favorite and Roy being the advertisement for an upcoming game), I decided to follow suit and choose Micaiah as my second FE character, plugging the upcoming Wii FE (Ike being the international fan favorite...or at least known outside of Japan, anyhow). Plus, she's not another sword user, which seems to be a rather popular trend for Brawl characters...

Earthbound
----------

31. Ness - Excellent
Ness, being North America's only representative of the crazy cult hit Mother series and a member of the original 12, is almost guaranteed to make a return.

Yoshi
-----

32. Yoshi - Excellent
Bet you didn't see that one coming, eh? Yoshi's certainly coming back, given his status as a staple Mario-related character, his inclusion in the original 12, and the glimpses we've caught of a Yoshi's Island stage. For the record, YI>YS by an infinite degree. It's about time there was a YI stage instead of a YS one.

Wario
-----

33. Wario - Confirmed
It's about bloody time! Wario's here and ready to rock in his Wario Ware gear. We just need to see what his moveset is like outside of his, erm, unique Wario Waft.

Misc. Nintendo
--------------

34. Pit - Confirmed
Another confirmed newcomer, the star of Kid Icarus and its little known Game Boy sequel has come out of the gates strong and looking good--props to Sakurai's team for such a cool looking reimagining. Along with Metaknight, Pit seems to be another fast and floaty newcomer.

35. Captain Olimar - Good
This idea had never even crossed my mind until reading the forums here, and you know what? It's grown on me. Sure, Pikmin wasn't a blockbuster franchise, but what would be more humiliating than loosing to a bunch of little sentient flowers led by a tiny commanding spaceman? Not much, I'll bet. Well, except for losing to...

36. Tom Nook - Fair
You'll know you're having a bad day when a tanuki slumlord throws furniture at you and breaks your legs with a golden shovel. And on top of that you'll still owe him thousands of bells on your mortgage. I won't say his odds of getting into Brawl are great, but he may be able to "persuade" his way in. With violence.

37. Balloon Fighter - Good
I've yet to try and wrap my head around a moveset for this guy, yet I'm convinced he's fairly likely to get in. The rumor of him being pulled from Melee, plus Bowserlick's awesome idea that he be restyled as a WWI pilot (complete with pulled up goggles and scarf) have convinced me he deserves a spot on my (most likely flawed) roster.

38. Jill - Poor
Ah, here's where the curve balls come. Made by Gamefreak and owned by Nintendo, Drill Dozer was a fantastic GBA puzzle platformer that was just oozing with personality, particularly the spunky heroine Jill. I'll admit her chances are pretty slim to nil, but I would consider it a surprise on the level of the Ice Climbers or Mr. Game and Watch. Besides, it's my list and I get to pick.

39. Ray Mk II - Poor
One last oddball Nintendo character that I don't think has been suggested yet in this thread. The Ray model Custom Robos are the flagship models for the series, with Mk II being one of the most recognizable thanks to his trophy in Melee. Again, this character has a very low likelyhood of getting in, but could potentially have a very unique moveset thanks to the huge number of weapons from the Custom Robo series that could be used. Here's hoping we see Ray get to use the dragon gun.

Third Party
-----------

40. Solid Snake - Confirmed
I can actually recollect my confusion upon hearing the MGS communicator ring after the watching the Brawl trailer "finish" for the first time. Snake is the last character anybody would have guessed as having an appearance in a Smash Bros. game, and yet here he is, practically fitting right in. All I need to know to be happy is how his cardboard box comes into play...

41. Sonic the Hedgehog - Excellent
If you didn't see this one coming you probably had your eyes closed. Sega, Nintendo...we need the definitive answer to the age old Mario vs. Sonic rivalry, and I don't think a trip to the Olympics is gonna cut it.

42. Geno - Good
Let's hope a Geno reappearance happens. That way, when approximately 1.2 million SMRPG fanboys' heads explode and bajillions of copies of Brawl are sold, Square Enix and Nintendo will realize it's about time to make an official SMRPG sequel. Not that the M&L and Paper Mario games weren't fantastic (they most certainly were), but still. Besides, I'd love to see Geno's Final Smash be his Geno Flash...who wouldn't want to turn into a supernova shooting cannon?
- I don´t see why Wolf Link & Midna is such a popular idea. How are you gonna control something quadrupedal like that?
- Pokémon trainer? No. Pokémon are the central characters of the franchise; the trainer is a vehicle for the player to feel like he/she is part of the game and in the world of the collectible critters. And think about how he/she would have to call each of his/her Pokémon out to perform attacks. It´d either look ridiculous, or have so much lag that the character would be unusable. Why include a ten-year old boy who clearly is incapable of battling when you can throw the pocket monsters themselves into the fray?
- Samus and Zero-Suit Samus are different characters with different stats, different appearances and different moves and animations for them. They take as much effort and time each as it takes to make one character. Don´t include them as one if you want a realistic list.
- Taking the above-said into account, you´d have four Metroid representatives, three of which have "Samus" in their name. I detect redundance.
- The F-Zero franchise has fallen into obscurity and irrelevance in the past years, with its popularity waning constantly. Captain Falcon must be included for the sake of some representation, because the series is still important in Nintendo history, but Samurai Goroh is overkill.
- Fire Emblem already had two characters in SSBM, back when nobody outside of Japan knew about it. Now that the franchise is internationally loved and Goddess of Dawn is a hit, do you really think it´ll only get two characters again?
- I´d say Nook´s chances are Poor, not Fair.

As a side note, congrats on including Jill from Drill Dozer. For a moment I thought you meant Resident Evil´s Jill Valentine, and almost bashed my head against the desk. ^o^

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
- I don´t see why Wolf Link & Midna is such a popular idea. How are you gonna control something quadrupedal like that?
- Pokémon trainer? No. Pokémon are the central characters of the franchise; the trainer is a vehicle for the player to feel like he/she is part of the game and in the world of the collectible critters. And think about how he/she would have to call each of his/her Pokémon out to perform attacks. It´d either look ridiculous, or have so much lag that the character would be unusable. Why include a ten-year old boy who clearly is incapable of battling when you can throw the pocket monsters themselves into the fray?
- Samus and Zero-Suit Samus are different characters with different stats, different appearances and different moves and animations for them. They take as much effort and time each as it takes to make one character. Don´t include them as one if you want a realistic list.
- Taking the above-said into account, you´d have four Metroid representatives, three of which have "Samus" in their name. I detect redundance.
- The F-Zero franchise has fallen into obscurity and irrelevance in the past years, with its popularity waning constantly. Captain Falcon must be included for the sake of some representation, because the series is still important in Nintendo history, but Samurai Goroh is overkill.
- Fire Emblem already had two characters in SSBM, back when nobody outside of Japan knew about it. Now that the franchise is internationally loved and Goddess of Dawn is a hit, do you really think it´ll only get two characters again?
- I´d say Nook´s chances are Poor, not Fair.

As a side note, congrats on including Jill from Drill Dozer. For a moment I thought you meant Resident Evil´s Jill Valentine, and almost bashed my head against the desk. ^o^
Nice review! I agree on everything cept FE getting more then 2, Roy is not going to make it, and Ike will most likely replace him.

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
Minda is a cool character to me, and even though she's recent, she's one who deserves to be in it. Krystal on the other hand, made Star Fox horrific to play.

Lucario is fine, and seems a lot more able to play in Brawl than Deoxys or however the hell you spell it. Blaziken? Charizard? None of those beat Lucario, he's too pwnful.

Metroid has been in the SSB game since the begining, it deserves more than 2 characters.

Samurai Goroh, again, F-Zero has been in since the begining. We need more characters from F-Zero, such as him.

King K. Rool is an excellent choice for the game in my opinion, his moves, weight, and height would be similar to Bowser, but he'd be more original. Screw all clones.
its stupid to have a list where you leave off characters just because you dont like them when they obviously have a right to be there. metroid may deserve more than 2 characters, but the francise isnt exactly know for its prolific implementation of character driven story. samus/zamus+ridley is enough.

i loved TP, but i sure hope midna doesnt get in. there is TP rep enough through current versions of link, zelda, and ganon.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I haven't added a list; so I figured I'd go ahead and do that. I'm not married to a lot of this (I'll indicate where), but I just put in ones to set up the best rivalrys, add new characters to old franchises, and add new series, etc.

Here goes (broken up into franchises):

(6) Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Peach, Bowser + 1 more (Toad just seems to fit this line-up, but I'm not going to suggest it)

(5) Link, Ganondorf, Zelda + 2 more (There were 5 LoZ characters in Melee...seems only right to keep it that way)

(3) Kirby, Metaknight, King Dedede

(4) Fox, Falco, Wolf, Krystal (first three for sure, Krystal just for possibility of interesting moves)

(5) Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Deoxys, Lucario (just talk to the Pokemon people)

(2) Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong (I wouldn't neccessarily be upset to see him paired with Dixie)

(3) Samus, Zamus, Ridley

(2) Ct. Falcon, Samurai Goroh

(2) Two Earthbound/Mother characters...they could keep Ness and add Lucas, they could keep Ness and add Jeff/Poo, they could replace Ness with Lucas...I'm fine with any of these, but there should be two

(2) Two of these (I don't care which) Ike, Roy, Marth, Black Knight, whatever...

(new series - 3) Wario, Ct. Olimar, Stafy (or some other interesting character)

(3rd party - 3) Snake, Sonic, Megaman

(classics - 3) Pit, Little Mac, Balloon Fighter

Altogether, that makes 43, which I feel is about right. And, of course, I wouldn't be opposed to adding other new/interesting characters as well. But with this lineup, pretty much everyone who deserves to get in, gets in.

All I want to be in Brawl is Isaac and Felix from GS and TP Zelda with rapier. Also I would like Crono from Chrono Trigger (I know it's not posible) Also Geno although Square owns him. But all the other characters from Melee (Excpet Doc, G&W, Roy, Pichu and Jigglypuff even though she was an original) should be returning for the sake of more characters.

Conker1

Smash Ace

I hate Ganondorf as well. I hate most of the elda series, that doesn't make any of them less deserving.;)

I hate Krystal as well. I would rather just have Fox and Falco. However, Krystal seems to have a much larger following than Fox and I really don't think Starfox deserves 4.

Lucario looks like a ******** mix of Klonoa(or whatever) and a cartoon coyote. I hope no Pokemon past the 2 generation make it really.

Metroid does deserve more than 2, however the series doesn't have many characters that fit the bill. We have Samus, Zero-Suit Samus, and proabably Ridley, We really don't need Dark Samus taking a spot.

Samurai Goroh. I used to think he should get in, just because F-Zero's been there since the original SSB doesn't mean they should get another.

K.Rool is a terrible choice. Most people only add him because they think DK needs a villain. Not too mention he's very forgettable as a character.

Clones are fine if they are added in the last minute;)

YosterDragon

Smash Apprentice
As much as our opinions differed, you still rock! I love finding out that somebody else actually played and liked Drill Dozer :grin:

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I hate Ganondorf as well. I hate most of the elda series, that doesn't make any of them less deserving.;)
I hate you for hating the Zelda series and for hating the Dorf! :mad::mad:

Also, here's something I don't really understand:

People complain about Zelda and Metroid characters getting in because the characters "aren't important enough" (such as Dark Samus, Skull Kid, Midna, etc.), even though they agree they are very important series (which deserve representation). Then, people say that legitimate characters like Falco, Wolf, or Krystal don't deserve to get in because "StarFox doesn't deserve that many characters." I just don't understand it. Do we base it off the importance of the series or the importance of the characters? According to a lot of you people...neither. We should just put in totally off the wall characters from series who don't deserve to get in at all...

Having said that, none of you people want G&W or ICs back...WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!!!

(sorry, just had to rant there for a little bit...)

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
I haven't added a list; so I figured I'd go ahead and do that. I'm not married to a lot of this (I'll indicate where), but I just put in ones to set up the best rivalrys, add new characters to old franchises, and add new series, etc.

(6) Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Peach, Bowser + 1 more (Toad just seems to fit this line-up, but I'm not going to suggest it) Yoshi isn't a Mario Series character, but who cares. And Toad can't have a nice moveset...

(5) Link, Ganondorf, Zelda + 2 more (There were 5 LoZ characters in Melee...seems only right to keep it that way) 5 LoZ characters? It is popular but 4 will do... Young Link should be gone and forgotten, and Sheik, well, TP Zelda would't need her.

(3) Kirby, Metaknight, King Dedede That is perfect!

(4) Fox, Falco, Wolf, Krystal (first three for sure, Krystal just for possibility of interesting moves) Krystal has a better chance then Wolf, cause Sakurai likes Krystal.

(5) Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Deoxys, Lucario (just talk to the Pokemon people) Wow, I like this! Deoxys, and you have Mewtwo as well.

(2) Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong (I wouldn't neccessarily be upset to see him paired with Dixie) I are 100% percent.

(3) Samus, Zamus, Ridley Again, 100 percent!

(2) Ct. Falcon, Samurai Goroh Goroh... ewwww...

(2) Two Earthbound/Mother characters...they could keep Ness and add Lucas, they could keep Ness and add Jeff/Poo, they could replace Ness with Lucas...I'm fine with any of these, but there should be two Very likely

(2) Two of these (I don't care which) Ike, Roy, Marth, Black Knight, whatever... Sweet, I'd go with that too.

(new series - 3) Wario, Ct. Olimar, Stafy (or some other interesting character) Well, I like it but Stafy *shrugs*

(3rd party - 3) Snake, Sonic, Megaman There's Sonic but... WHERES GENO! Sakurai lkes Geno so he'd get in over Megaman...

(classics - 3) Pit, Little Mac, Balloon Fighter This is good! I'd add two more to make 45, its a more solid number... Maybe Takamaru and... uh... Demiru?

Altogether, that makes 43, which I feel is about right. And, of course, I wouldn't be opposed to adding other new/interesting characters as well. But with this lineup, pretty much everyone who deserves to get in, gets in.
I'd give it a 9/10, explanations up above.

Keku

Smash Apprentice
Mario Series: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser (4)

Zelda Series: Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Midna (imp form) (4)

Pokemon Series: Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Mewtwo (4)

Metroid Series: Samus / Zero Suit Samus, Ridley (2)

Kirby Series: Kirby, Metaknight, King Dedede (3)

Starfox Series: Fox McCloud, Krystal, Wolf (3)

Donkey Kong Series: Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong (2)

Fire Emblem Series: Ike, Marth/random other FE-character (2)

F-Zero Series: Captain Falcon, Samurai Goroh (2)

Earthbound Series: Ness (1)

Other Nintendo Characters: Yoshi, Wario, Pit, Captain Olimar (4)

3rd Party Characters: Sonic, Snake, Simon Belemont, Sora (4)

That makes 33 characters total. Hoping for more though!

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I'd give it a 9/10, explanations up above.
Responses to your responses...

Mario had 6 and Zelda had 5. I'm saying they shouldn't have more or less than what they had in Melee. I wasn't suggesting Toad should get in at all, merely pointing out that he seemed to fit that line-up.

Yoshi IS a Mario character. He may have had his own games, but he is still far and wide a Mario character. I understand he has his own symbol, and I'll grant you that, but the main reason I don't consider him separate is this: I think all series appearing in the original should be at minimum dually represented. I don't think there should be two Yoshi characters...

Krystal may get in over Wolf, but I think they both should get in. I just like the idea of rivals being in the game, and Wolf is that. That's the only reason I want him in, though.

What do you have against Goroh anyway?? I personally like Pico or someone better, but Goroh is Falcon's arch enemy! (Actually, the Captain has about 4 or 5 of these according to the F-Zero character descriptions, but Goroh is the most accepted one.) Falcon is one of the coolest characters in any of the Smash games, and I think he deserves another character--he needs his rival to beat on. I'm not married to the idea of Goroh, but I definitely want dual representation in F-Zero.

I hate Geno. Nuff said. (Capcom 3rd party...c'mon...can't you just imagine Samus beating down that good-for-nothing copycat weakling??) Actually, I don't really care if Capcom is represented or not, but I WOULD love to see Samus beat that kid down...

Thanks for your comments!

lex.aut

Smash Apprentice
all characters from ssb (not ssbm) plus:

all confirmed newcomers
waluigi
diddy
dixie
sonic
peach
bowser
daisy
falco
dr.mario

those are my favorites, even though they're only 25.
no more shiek/zelda, no more marth... oh how sweet can life be?

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Legend of Zelda

10. Link
11. Zelda (Sheik removed)
12. Minda (locked)

"Oh my gosh, no Ganon?! What the hell is wrong with you?! - nothing, I personally think that he shouldn't be included in the game. End of story, goo bye. Sheik is removed because that's simply what I predict, and Minda would make a good addition to the game.
I just now read it, so I'm just now responding to it...

Zelda series deserves more than 3; plus you even had StarFox with 4. Zelda deserves more than SF...no brainer.

And why the heck shouldn't Ganondorf be in the game? You give no reasoning at all other than "I think he shouldn't be." He is a very very popular character, one of the most popular non-Sheik/Peach/Fox/Marth characters in Melee. Plus he's a villain, not to mention the fact that he holds the Triforce of Power. You gotta have the whole triforce in the game. That's minimum...you just need your head examined.

And on that note, what they heck is wrong with all of you people who don't like the Legend of Zelda series?? Are you sick in the head?!! Ocarina of Time was REVOLUTIONARY. It's esteemed as one of the (if not the) greatest games of all time. Twilight Princess was amazing as well. Depending on who you talk to, it's better than OoT or not quite as good, but in any case, with these two games ALONE...it blows away the competition.

Link was by far the most played lower-tier character because...people like him! People who aren't Nintendo fans, who don't own a Gamecube, whatever...they see Link from LoZ, and they're like "Awesome, man." He's popular. He's arguably as popular as Mario, and even more so with many people since Mario has gone down the whole party game/sports game route. Mario will likely always be the king of gaming with his games like SMB, SMW, and Mario64...but Zelda and the characters from that game are right there with him...

[/rant]

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
The response to your response to my response :psycho:

Responses to your responses...

Mario had 6 and Zelda had 5. I'm saying they shouldn't have more or less than what they had in Melee. I wasn't suggesting Toad should get in at all, merely pointing out that he seemed to fit that line-up. Yeah, i get the point, and i wan't implying you wanted Toad, I just added that.

Yoshi IS a Mario character. He may have had his own games, but he is still far and wide a Mario character. I understand he has his own symbol, and I'll grant you that, but the main reason I don't consider him separate is this: I think all series appearing in the original should be at minimum dually represented. I don't think there should be two Yoshi characters... Birdo for brawl! j/k I guess i understand... just said that just incase you forgot he had his own symbol.

Krystal may get in over Wolf, but I think they both should get in. I just like the idea of rivals being in the game, and Wolf is that. That's the only reason I want him in, though. I want them both, but Wolf has less chance then Krystal, if only one more Starfox representative
it would be Krystal.

What do you have against Goroh anyway?? I personally like Pico or someone better, but Goroh is Falcon's arch enemy! (Actually, the Captain has about 4 or 5 of these according to the F-Zero character descriptions, but Goroh is the most accepted one.) Falcon is one of the coolest characters in any of the Smash games, and I think he deserves another character--he needs his rival to beat on. I'm not married to the idea of Goroh, but I definitely want dual representation in F-Zero. Ah, its just my opinion = )

I hate Geno. Nuff said. (Capcom 3rd party...c'mon...can't you just imagine Samus beating down that good-for-nothing copycat weakling??) Actually, I don't really care if Capcom is represented or not, but I WOULD love to see Samus beat that kid down... Ah, visit the official Geno thread and that may change your mind, or play Seven Stars. And, i don;t think throwing him in there jus to get beat up by Samus isn't a good enough excuse.

Thanks for your comments! Your welcome!

Caael

Smash Lord

(6) Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Peach, Bowser + 1 more (Toad just seems to fit this line-up, but I'm not going to suggest it)
Agree

(5) Link, Ganondorf, Zelda + 2 more (There were 5 LoZ characters in Melee...seems only right to keep it that way)
Cel Link? Vaati?

Agree

(4) Fox, Falco, Wolf, Krystal (first three for sure, Krystal just for possibility of interesting moves)
Falco...no. Just a filler. W&K ftw.

(5) Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Deoxys, Lucario (just talk to the Pokemon people)
Agree

(2) Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong (I wouldn't neccessarily be upset to see him paired with Dixie)
Agree

(3) Samus, Zamus, Ridley
Dark Samus as altern costume, no? Otherwise Agree ( Ridley FTW!!)

Agree

(2) Two Earthbound/Mother characters...they could keep Ness and add Lucas, they could keep Ness and add Jeff/Poo, they could replace Ness with Lucas...I'm fine with any of these, but there should be two
Disagree. I think Earthbound should be cut, because no games are in Europe, but thats just me ( Brit)

(2) Two of these (I don't care which) Ike, Roy, Marth, Black Knight, whatever...
Marth and Ike

No stafy....Golden Sun characters....Felix and Isaac.

Megaman will end up as a Samus clone, so no.

Little who?

Changed the bits I dont like

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Changed the bits I dont like
No to WW Link. No no no...(Personally, I'd like to see Skull Kid at least)

FALCO IS NOT A FILLER! HE IS WAY MORE AWESOME THAN EVEN FOX!! (See sig)

You want Dark Samus, but not Falco? :confused: (BTW, DS couldn't be a costume because it's a completely different person with different powers, but...I guess it could be a COSTUME like Mario's Wario one...)

EB/Mother is not getting cut. Too popular in Japan; too popular with Sakurai. (and you CAN just download a ROM to play...)

Golden Sun ain't gettin' in...sorry, kid. Stafy is another Japan-only. It's a pretty unique character.

Megaman is the Capcom rep. If Capcom has a rep, it will be Megaman.

Little Mac is the figher from Punch-Out. He's appeared a few times on the polls and could prove to be an interesting/unique character.

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace

(3) Samus, Zamus, Ridley

i like your hustle!

i wanna see Poo! i'm a little iffy about megaman, and i really dunno about the classics, but otherwise this is pretty much what i'd want.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Earthbound should not be overrepresented for what it is.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Earthbound should not be overrepresented for what it is.
And what "is it" exactly? It's be solo-repped for two games. It's not unreasonable to have two characters for this series...especially since they've had a good number of games (4 or 5 I believe...albeit Japan-only)

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
It's a one off cult hit. I've got it and i like it but it's not all that relevant today.

Caael

Smash Lord
No to WW Link. No no no...(Personally, I'd like to see Skull Kid at least) Well i'm not YEAH GO WW LINK!!!111!!one, it would just be nice as he hwas some different weapons

FALCO IS NOT A FILLER! HE IS WAY MORE AWESOME THAN EVEN FOX!! (See sig) Sig doesn't work, and Falco is ghay

You want Dark Samus, but not Falco? :confused: (BTW, DS couldn't be a costume because it's a completely different person with different powers, but...I guess it could be a COSTUME like Mario's Wario one...) Yes, I dont mind DS as a character or costume, but if Metroid aren't gonna have many characters, then it should leave room for Riddles.

EB/Mother is not getting cut. Too popular in Japan; too popular with Sakurai. (and you CAN just download a ROM to play...) No, i'm a good little boy

Golden Sun ain't gettin' in...sorry, kid. Stafy is another Japan-only. It's a pretty unique character. Again, not saying ZOMG I WANT TEH GS CHARS!!! Just would be nice, as the games were quite popular

Megaman is the Capcom rep. If Capcom has a rep, it will be Megaman.
Capcom suck

Little Mac is the figher from Punch-Out. He's appeared a few times on the polls and could prove to be an interesting/unique character. Ah okay. Never heard of him, so he could be quite cool
Changed, again.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi IS a Mario character. He may have had his own games, but he is still far and wide a Mario character. I understand he has his own symbol, and I'll grant you that, but the main reason I don't consider him separate is this: I think all series appearing in the original should be at minimum dually represented. I don't think there should be two Yoshi characters...
Yoshi was originally a Mario character, but with the release of Yoshi's Island DS, Yoshi has defined his own franchise, and thus, doesn't count as a Mario character.
Wario doesn't count as a Mario character because he's in SSBB in his WarioWare outfit.
So he's a WarioWare character, not a Mario character.
I always count Yoshi and Wario as the sole representatives of their respective franchises.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Changed, again.
Falco is not gay. That's a pretty dumb thing to say. If anyone is gay, it's Slippy, followed by Fox. Falco owns that series. You musta never played SF64, then.

BTW, the link works, you just have to click the "go to this page" link. Go check out now.

Yoshi was originally a Mario character, but with the release of Yoshi's Island DS, Yoshi has defined his own franchise, and thus, doesn't count as a Mario character.
Wario doesn't count as a Mario character because he's in SSBB in his WarioWare outfit.
So he's a WarioWare character, not a Mario character.
I always count Yoshi and Wario as the sole representatives of their respective franchises.
It doesn't really matter. With Yoshi, Mario series should have 6, without him they should have 5. Doesn't matter how you count it.

Never said Wario was a Mario character.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I use gay as a general insult. I just dont think Falco proved to me that he is worth using, when he's almost the same as fox.
Then you should call Ganondorf gay too. (And then make sure you have a will made out because he will @%!$@$% you up...)

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
1. Don't care if you flame, this is my opinion.
2. Even though I don't care, I would prefer if you do not attack me for posting this.
3. Pancakes are evil.

STOP! MUSHROOM TIME!(Mario characters)
Mario (Same)- Confirmed.
Luigi (Same)- And I hope he has a 3-D Mr.L alternate outfit.
Bowser (Slightly less lag, more weight) - He's BOWSER. Come on, he's a shoe in!
Peach (Perhaps something to replace her Toad and Peach Bomber moves?) - Sh
Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario - Another transforming character, Bowser Jr. Would be Speed based while Shadow Mario would have a Paintbrush weapon(Which would function kind of like a sword)
Rawk Hawk - COME ON! This guy was BUILT for a fighting game! Sure, they would probaly need to 3-Difie him, but I think Rawk Hawk would add to the game.
Toad - EVERYONE LOVES TOAD! I hope they incorporate the bazooka...

MONEH!(WarioWare Series):
Wario - Confirmed.

Yoshi, Yoshi Yoshi!(Yoshi Series):
Yoshi (New Side B, Better A moves, Higher First Jump) - He's YOSHI. He has his own stage and is already practically confirmed.
Kamek - The Yoshi Franchise is underrpresented, plus Kamek would add some interesting moves to the game.

*Is mute*(Legend of Zelda characters)
Link (Twilight Princess/OoT combonation Moveset) - Bringing a new look, New Aresonal. Confirmed.
Zelda/Shiek (Shiek ever so slightly nerfed, Zelda get's more power and most likely a Twilight Princess themed moveset) - Butt-kicking princess AND Ninja.
Ganondorf (Sword moveset)- Same butt-whopping evil, better non-clone moveset. Hopefully Twilight Princess sword.
Vaati - Vaati is cool. Matial Arts based with some magic thrown in.

Forces from space!(Metroid characters)
Samus (Same) - Confirmed.
Ridley - EVEYRBODY wants Ridley, plus the metroid series needs a villian.
Zamus - Really hope she isn't a part of Samus, which I don't believe she will be. Confirmed.
Dark Samus(Phazon based moveset) - Really hoping DS will be in and yet not be a clonr.

OH, EAH OH AH AH!(DK Characters)
Donkey Kong (Same) - The good ol' ape.
Diddy Kong - He has tons of options, represents a currently underrepresented franchise and would be a great character. ADD HIM.
King K. Rool - Every series needs it's villian, unless they don't have a constant one.

DO A BARREL ROLL!(Star Fox characters)
Fox (Dunno wether to Nerf him slightly or keep him.) - CONFIRMED.
Falco (New Moveset/Luigify) - The feathery foe returns to blast past you!
Krystal (Adventures/Staff-based moveset) - Hopefully, her staff could be a weapon and they could makie it different from the basic sword. I think her side-B could be her ice element, her Up B would be the rocket boost and the Down B would be a ground shaking attack.
Wolf (Assault moveset) - Fox's rival, badass...has a moveset with all the assault weapons.

P-P-P-P-PK!(Earthbound characters)
Ness (SSB64 moveset/Minor Overhaul) - One of the orginal twelve, everyone loves the psychic boy.

*Insert Pokemon Speech here*(Pokemon characters)
Pikachu (SSB64 moveset) - Confirmed.
Jigglypuff (Same) - One of the twelve orginals, popular.
Mewtwo (MAJOR overhaul) - MAKE HIM BETTER, HE'S SUPPOSE TO BE POWERFUL!
Meowth - Most likely new candidate...unfortanately.
Rukario - Natural for this game, popular, plenty of moves to choose from.

Show me ya moves!(F-Zero characters)
Captain Falcon (Same) - Orginal twelve, THE KNEE OF GREAT JUSTICE!

Old skool!(Classic characters)
Ice Climbers (slightly improved, but without wobbling) - Great style that needs to stay.
Pit - Confirmed.
Big Mac - Personally, I really don't know him. But he's popularly wanted from what I've seen and a fighter.

*Repeated Kirby Taunts here*(Kirby characters)
Kirby (SSB64 moveset) - Confirmed. MAKE HIM BETTER THEN HE WAS IN SSBM!
MetaKnight - Confirmed. Also, badass.

Piiiikmiiiin. Piiiikmiiiin.(Pikmin Series)
Captain Olimar - Pikmin is popular, Olimar is commonly requested and he would have a unique moveset for sure.

Representin' the other guys!(3rd Party)
Solid Snake - Confirmed.
Sonic - Most requested 3rd party, popular and movesettable.
Sora - Hate me for saying this if you want, call me unrealistc WHATEVER. I feel Sora would fit in brawl and because of CoM on the GB:A is elgibile. Popular(Enough), different forms if needed AND diverse moves.

Fire Emblem (Fire Emblem characters)
Marth - Marth = in. Everybody uses him, he's popular and he has that cool cape.
Roy - Give him a strength based moveset, keeping counter. Deserves this spot for being awesome.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
1. Don't care if you flame, this is my opinion.
2. Even though I don't care, I would prefer if you do not attack me for posting this.
3. Pancakes are evil.

STOP! MUSHROOM TIME!(Mario characters)
Mario (Same)- Confirmed.
Luigi (Same)- And I hope he has a 3-D Mr.L alternate outfit.
Bowser (Slightly less lag, more weight) - He's BOWSER. Come on, he's a shoe in!
Peach (Perhaps something to replace her Toad and Peach Bomber moves?) - Sh
Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario - Another transforming character, Bowser Jr. Would be Speed based while Shadow Mario would have a Paintbrush weapon(Which would function kind of like a sword)
Rawk Hawk - COME ON! This guy was BUILT for a fighting game! Sure, they would probaly need to 3-Difie him, but I think Rawk Hawk would add to the game.
Toad - EVERYONE LOVES TOAD! I hope they incorporate the bazooka...

MONEH!(WarioWare Series):
Wario - Confirmed.

Yoshi, Yoshi Yoshi!(Yoshi Series):
Yoshi (New Side B, Better A moves, Higher First Jump) - He's YOSHI. He has his own stage and is already practically confirmed.
Kamek - The Yoshi Franchise is underrpresented, plus Kamek would add some interesting moves to the game.

*Is mute*(Legend of Zelda characters)
Link (Twilight Princess/OoT combonation Moveset) - Bringing a new look, New Aresonal. Confirmed.
Zelda/Shiek (Shiek ever so slightly nerfed, Zelda get's more power and most likely a Twilight Princess themed moveset) - Butt-kicking princess AND Ninja.
Ganondorf (Sword moveset)- Same butt-whopping evil, better non-clone moveset. Hopefully Twilight Princess sword.
Vaati - Vaati is cool. Matial Arts based with some magic thrown in.

Forces from space!(Metroid characters)
Samus (Same) - Confirmed.
Ridley - EVEYRBODY wants Ridley, plus the metroid series needs a villian.
Zamus - Really hope she isn't a part of Samus, which I don't believe she will be. Confirmed.
Dark Samus(Phazon based moveset) - Really hoping DS will be in and yet not be a clonr.

OH, EAH OH AH AH!(DK Characters)
Donkey Kong (Same) - The good ol' ape.
Diddy Kong - He has tons of options, represents a currently underrepresented franchise and would be a great character. ADD HIM.
King K. Rool - Every series needs it's villian, unless they don't have a constant one.

DO A BARREL ROLL!(Star Fox characters)
Fox (Dunno wether to Nerf him slightly or keep him.) - CONFIRMED.
Falco (New Moveset/Luigify) - The feathery foe returns to blast past you!
Krystal (Adventures/Staff-based moveset) - Hopefully, her staff could be a weapon and they could makie it different from the basic sword. I think her side-B could be her ice element, her Up B would be the rocket boost and the Down B would be a ground shaking attack.
Wolf (Assault moveset) - Fox's rival, badass...has a moveset with all the assault weapons.

P-P-P-P-PK!(Earthbound characters)
Ness (SSB64 moveset/Minor Overhaul) - One of the orginal twelve, everyone loves the psychic boy.

*Insert Pokemon Speech here*(Pokemon characters)
Pikachu (SSB64 moveset) - Confirmed.
Jigglypuff (Same) - One of the twelve orginals, popular.
Mewtwo (MAJOR overhaul) - MAKE HIM BETTER, HE'S SUPPOSE TO BE POWERFUL!
Meowth - Most likely new candidate...unfortanately.
Rukario - Natural for this game, popular, plenty of moves to choose from.

Show me ya moves!(F-Zero characters)
Captain Falcon (Same) - Orginal twelve, THE KNEE OF GREAT JUSTICE!

Old skool!(Classic characters)
Ice Climbers (slightly improved, but without wobbling) - Great style that needs to stay.
Pit - Confirmed.
Big Mac - Personally, I really don't know him. But he's popularly wanted from what I've seen and a fighter.

*Repeated Kirby Taunts here*(Kirby characters)
Kirby (SSB64 moveset) - Confirmed. MAKE HIM BETTER THEN HE WAS IN SSBM!
MetaKnight - Confirmed. Also, badass.

Piiiikmiiiin. Piiiikmiiiin.(Pikmin Series)
Captain Olimar - Pikmin is popular, Olimar is commonly requested and he would have a unique moveset for sure.

Representin' the other guys!(3rd Party)
Solid Snake - Confirmed.
Sonic - Most requested 3rd party, popular and movesettable.
Sora - Hate me for saying this if you want, call me unrealistc WHATEVER. I feel Sora would fit in brawl and because of CoM on the GB:A is elgibile. Popular(Enough), different forms if needed AND diverse moves.

Fire Emblem (Fire Emblem characters)
Marth - Marth = in. Everybody uses him, he's popular and he has that cool cape.
Roy - Give him a strength based moveset, keeping counter. Deserves this spot for being awesome.

I agree with your 3rd staement. Pancakes are evil, it wasn't too long ago pancakes had killed my father and ***** my dog....................:confused: but as i was saying the list is good though I don't think there should be a Kamek. Also no ice climbers and i prefer Baby bowser over Toad because B Bowser seems more of a threat and I can't think of a Toad moveset.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Devil cakes? No thank you. Anyway your list is ok i don't agree with toad but whatever.

lord_luigi

Smash Cadet
This is a combination of who is already in, who I think will get in, and who I want in.

MARIO/WARIO/DK/YOSHI SERIES
1. Mario
2. Yoshi
3. DK
4. Luigi
5. Bowser
6. Bowser Jr.
7. Paper Mario
8. Wario
9. Diddy Kong
10. Waluigi
11. Toad