• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

APV! M2K/Ally/ADHD/Atomsk/Coney/EE/ChuDat/Vinnie/Snakeee/Logic/TakeO 1 Day Away!

What character is going to win Mid Tiers?

• Toon Link

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • Kirby

Votes: 20 31.7%
  • Fox

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Wolf

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • Another Character

Votes: 18 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Hey guys. I am willing to pay anyone $50 to drive me to Chu's house by 5PM on friday or $70 straight to tant's house. If you can pleaseee help me out. I live in Ashburn, Virginia
Kaffei, you're insane for wanting to pay a smasher that much to drive you 10 bucks worth of gas and back...

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Seagull i really wanna come to this badly badly so i have no choice. chu can only give me a ride to tant's if i get to his house first because he doesnt wanna drive down to ashburn.

SuperSayianRenan

Smash Journeyman
Seagull i really wanna come to this badly badly so i have no choice. chu can only give me a ride to tant's if i get to his house first because he doesnt wanna drive down to ashburn.
I'll do it kaffei. But may need to pick u up earlier since I may be taking takeover.

Also I'm still looking for a teammate if anyone is up for it...

Kaffei

Smash Hero
On friday? I get out of school at 3:48pm by the way.
also i changed the price to $50 for both.. cus I need money left over for food and entry.

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
it's 50/50 chance of me coming to this <_< ...
work being pretty gay lately

nah i probably wouldn't

but you know that logic is infalliable!

see: top 5 singles and top 3 teams @ xanadu.
Doubles
1.) Takeover/Chu
2.) Korn/June
3.) Omni/Coney

1.) Coney
2.) Takeover
3.) Chu

4.) Kingtoon
5.) Omni
5.) Junebug

im actually having second thoughts on coming now that the chances of placing in the money are so slim
the heck is that suppose to mean ? :scared:

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Tant no one ever helps me with stuff so i said $50 because i knew someone would be attracted to it.
$20 they would probably think about it but not help. people are like that. some people are not coming because they just care about money and if they cant win they dont wanna come.

maybe im just a naive *** noob but this looks reaally fun so i wanna come lolz

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
if you don't have fun playing brawl...then you don't have fun playing brawl. i dunno, i see it pretty wasteful to spend your precious saturday spending upwards of twelve hours doing something you don't explicitly enjoy. people say they play for the money, but if that's all they really cared about they'd just get a job as a waiter or something. it takes up less of your day and, if you're actually good at it, you'll usually make more money.

i'm just saying, there's something else there. if that something else is strong enough to keep people coming to tournaments, then they'll keep coming to tournaments. but you should never feel obligated to do anything.

people like this game--or any game, really--for different reasons.
perfectly stated i feel the same way.

i agree with omni about this game being exhausting after a tournament. I usually take a week break from this game after tourney's now.

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
I just read kaffei's post and would ****in sincerely pimp slap anyone that takes advantage of kaffei's kindness

Kaffei

Smash Hero
lolz thanks takeover

im just too naive.
but yeah people used to take advantage of me a lot when i was younger. this guy was really nice to me and i thought we were friends. he used to always ask me for stuff and help with hw and stuff but then i found out that he was talking behind my back and thought i was just a *******. there are a lot more stuff like that that happened to me but i dont wanna say anymore really cus i dont wanna be an attention *****.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
So as some incentive to not sandbag, I will buy the winner of the free Project M tourney up to 12 wings from Buffalo Wild Wings.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
well there are many restaurants around town, coney
i dont see why jc wouldn't let you choose lolz

SASSY

Smash Journeyman
This event looks like its gonna be mad fun. I wish I could come, but I have had plans with my girlfriend and her family for months for this weekend. Good luck with the event, Tantalus & co. Oh, and godspeed FNB! You guys got this. I'll be rejoining you all soon. Wanna get back to regular training. 1 week!

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
Could anyone get me in Towson, MD on the way? I'll pay gas for the full trip from wherever you might be coming from, within reason of course. Halp halp halp I want to go to this.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
This event looks like its gonna be mad fun. I wish I could come, but I have had plans with my girlfriend and her family for months for this weekend. Good luck with the event, Tantalus & co. Oh, and godspeed FNB! You guys got this. I'll be rejoining you all soon. Wanna get back to regular training. 1 week!
wait i thought we were teaming at this

!!!!!!!!!!!!

SASSY

Smash Journeyman
Lol you are so trolling. I just told ya like yesterday that I have to go to the army/navy thing with Lexi's family! It's on Saturday and we leave for PA Friday night! Pfffft scrub. :p

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
what if the winner doesn't LIKE buffalo wings
Well fine, an entree of your choice then as long as it's around the same price as 12 wings :p

well there are many restaurants around town, coney
i dont see why jc wouldn't let you choose lolz
No sorry, Buffalo Wild Wings it must be. If the winner decides to go to a different restaurant, I won't be there.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Well fine, an entree of your choice then as long as it's around the same price as 12 wings :p

No sorry, Buffalo Wild Wings it must be. If the winner decides to go to a different restaurant, I won't be there.
oh lolz

well there u go guys xD

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Can someone PLEASE grab luigiking? It's his final week in MD before he leaves and heads back to idaho.

If not I'll grab him on friday but I'll have to delay all the events.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Vinnie <333

I was talking to Nairo, he will prolly be coming too since our hype forced Prototype to become a Smashfest, I know, we go hard.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Important

Phil get on aim

Everyone else, good stuff! Vinnie, housing is free for everyone. I need a lot of chairs...

There definitely won't be enough for everyone. I'll give you all that head notice now. I can rent chairs, but they are expensive apparently. I'd have to raise the venue fee to do that, and I'm not going to do that. You get what you pay for, I guess. Your other option would be to bring your own. Obviously there will be enough chairs for those playing matches, but those who aren't may be SOL. If you bring your own though, then you won't have to worry about it.

I'm gonna buy a few more out of pocket, and see what I can borrow. Also, please bring setups! TVs, Wiis, recording, etc.

I'll probably drag my futon over there as well. I will be using this to sleep, so don't break it.

BTW- if you break something, you buy it. There isn't that much to break except tables and chairs. So don't break stuff. No Ultimate Gaming zone home depot runs.

How the house layout is

Ok, the house has 3 floors, as I've said before. So basically:

Top floor- Sleeping only. My dad's room is off limits. Do not enter this room. It should be locked. There are 2 other rooms for sleeping and a bathroom with shower. We normally keep the water off up there but will turn it on for the weekend. This is usable. The lighting is scarce up there as these rooms are uninhabited, so this will be used for sleeping only.

Ground Floor- Smash overflow. The office is off limits. It should also be locked. The kitchen has a table and some counters and a refrigerator and microwave. I don't mind if you use this stuff, please clean up your messes though. The living and dining room are up for grabs. This will also be overflow for upstairs if we run out of room.

Basement- This will be the main area of smash, where the livestream will be. There is a humongous open basement area, along with an additional room and 2 storage areas that can all be used for smash. I calculated we can have about 14 setups down there. Upstairs, we can fit about 6 more. Please keep all the noise and commotion down here, as there is a curfew.

Parking

I can forsee parking being an issue. You can park anywhere on the streets so long as it does not block someone's mailbox or driveway, and is parked facing the correction direction on the street. If it becomes an issue, there is overflow parking labeled here on the map.

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/2008/mapofhouse.png

Basically, if you have to park over there, one of my staff members will valet you back to the house. So you'll have to drop everyone off except the driver, and my driver will lead you over there. Make sure they know they need to help you.

Curfew

Westminster has a 9pm outdoors curfew and a 12am noise/lights curfew. Basically this means you can't be roaming around outside after 10pm, and the house needs to not be noisy by 12am. That's why I want noise contained to the basement. This doesn't mean you can't go outside and smoke if need be, but last time we had a lot of people just standing around outside at 3am, that won't fly.

If the cops show up, show is over. Don't be that guy. I hope I can trust everyone to be reasonable, especially since we're not having alcohol.

Drugs/Alcohol are banned. Do NOT bring them. Do NOT let me see them.

We'll be running a tight ship on Saturday, but I won't let you sleep through your matches. I'll wake you up in the morning if you're being lazy.

Thanks for coming everyone! I really can't thank you enough for your support. I know everyone coming will have a good time.

Edit: Brandon/Phil, I recommend using the Kitchen table for poker, as it is too heavy to move and will be upstairs.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Curfew

Westminster has a 9pm outdoors curfew and a 12am noise/lights curfew. Basically this means you can't be roaming around outside after 10pm, and the house needs to not be noisy by 12am. That's why I want noise contained to the basement. This doesn't mean you can't go outside and smoke if need be, but last time we had a lot of people just standing around outside at 3am, that won't fly.

Edit: Brandon/Phil, I recommend using the Kitchen table for poker, as it is too heavy to move and will be upstairs.
That's straight for poker ;D

umm 10 pm curfew what a lame town, ohh well you know I will still be out and about chyea

Kenrawr

Smash Master
boooo.

btw tant if you come down to WB for a min you can get all of my folding chairs

do it for the tourney

not enough chairs sucks

Coney

Smash Master
i will

actually be

bringing my own chair to this

i foresee someone sitting in it when i go to the bathroom or something and when i come back being a joke like " xD OH COME ON MAN WE'RE FRIENDS RIGHT"

this better not happen

BTW- if you break something, you buy it.
i think i still owe you for that lawn chair i broke after playing meep...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom