• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Apr 19, 2014] No Johns Monthly! April 19th!! Project M ! (Nanuet, NY)

R3N0

Smash Lord
This is the arrogance im talking about, I'm a dude that has ONE bad matchup and vanz abuses the crap outta it. =/ SHEIK DITTO ME IN TOURNY VANZ! OR ANY OF YOUR OTHER CRAPPY LOW TIERS o_O.

f'ing peach is gay.
But not this tourny u cu.nt tw.at bi.tch! It's gonna be 30-1 soon.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
This is the arrogance im talking about, I'm a dude that has ONE bad matchup and vanz abuses the crap outta it. =/ SHEIK DITTO ME IN TOURNY VANZ! OR ANY OF YOUR OTHER CRAPPY LOW TIERS o_O.

f'ing peach is gay.
You have trouble vs peach?

Why? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

:( Vanz ***** me too :(

Cia

das kwl
They Grow Up So Fast

This ***** Weno Think That Just Cuz I Got A Little Recognition That He Da **** Now. Challenging Me To Sheik Dittos And ****. This ***** *** ***** Mus Na No Bout Me And How Da **** I Git Down In Melee. I'll ****ing **** U In Winners, And Throw The Game In Another Point In The Bracket That'll Put Me Right In Yo Path So I Ka **** You Agen. And Wut Happind To U Usin Fox Against My Peach. You Musta Rillized Dat Ya Controla Aint Modded You Don't Even Stand A Chance. Yung *** *****s Thinkin They Nice Cuz They Finally Got Off Da Formula And Switched To Da Sippy Cup. Yo, Money Match Son, Won Dolla. Or Since U Like Da Amstadam So Much, We Can Do It For A Euro. I'll Show Deez Kiddies Y Day Shud Stay In They Ga**** Place.

JFox

Smash Hero
This is my last post on the subject, cuz I think everyone is kinda feelin we should do pools...

Think about skill in numbers. Say a player like M2k is a 10. Say a complete Noob is a 1. Say a guy like me is a 6, but everyone thinks of me as a 3. I get matched up against two 8's and lose. Why is it that every time I go to a tourney I should have to lose to 8's? Because people think I'm a 3, and 8's fight 3's. Now I have to work to become a 9 just to get accurate placings?! Doesn't that seem a little ridiculous?

Now in pools I am still thought of as a 2. My pool is- 10, 8, 6, 3,1. I am a 6, so I get third seed in my pool, and people go "oh wow you beat 6 that , good job." Even if I get matched up with a 2nd seed, lose my first round of brackets, I'm satisfied because I won some good matches in pools and feel like I've accomplished something. Now next time I go I will be thought of as a 6, not a 2. And I not get to play another person around my level that got knocked into losers by a 2nd seed, so he should be around my level. Now I feel like theres an accurate seeding.

The point is, yes the results might turnout ok on the top third of the bracket, but no one seems to care much about the other 2/3 of the bracket. Pools takes care of all that. It builds the whole bracket evenly, it doesn't just appease the strongest players.

Edit: LMAO @ Vanz. Love it. Looooove it.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
This ***** Weno Think That Just Cuz I Got A Little Recognition That He Da **** Now. Challenging Me To Sheik Dittos And ****. This ***** *** ***** Mus Na No Bout Me And How Da **** I Git Down In Melee. I'll ****ing **** U In Winners, And Throw The Game In Another Point In The Bracket That'll Put Me Right In Yo Path So I Ka **** You Agen. And Wut Happind To U Usin Fox Against My Peach. You Musta Rillized Dat Ya Controla Aint Modded You Don't Even Stand A Chance. Yung *** *****s Thinkin They Nice Cuz They Finally Got Off Da Formula And Switched To Da Sippy Cup. Yo, Money Match Son, Won Dolla. Or Since U Like Da Amstadam So Much, We Can Do It For A Euro. I'll Show Deez Kiddies Y Day Shud Stay In They Ga**** Place.
... Wes?

Alukard

Smash Hero
ok ok ... soo ummm i dont understand wat all this stuff is ... and to people thinking i'm not helping everyone who asks for it i do ... but i dont have the free time to just come and read everything at all points in the day ... i will get to them ... seriously i have stuff to do as well

i said if u need help hit me up on aim ... i WILL ANSWER U THERE 100%

also pools will happen ... draft has to happen if people help and get here on time =\ ... sadly i will have to wait for people because tourney is more important then crews ...

also i wanted to do crews per region ... i dont kno if everyone will agree but i kinda hate it that we haven't had a legit crew battle since we played and beat DA ... and that sucks >.>

JFox

Smash Hero
I <3 Alukard. This man is too good. Sorry Reno and I spammed your thread with stupid bickering, I'm done now.

I think a regional/crew related crew battle would be awesome.

I'm officially sponsoring Vanz in ANY MM he wants to take. Johnny 2X4 all dai. I want you to rob every cocky sonova*****'s pocket this saturday.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Brian - We all love crews and all but make sure doubles and singles happen and concentrate more on that.

IMO with the attendance from OOS I think it would be better if the emphasis was on the major events.

Cia

das kwl
I <3 Alukard. This man is too good. Sorry Reno and I spammed your thread with stupid bickering, I'm done now.

I think a regional/crew related crew battle would be awesome.

I'm officially sponsoring Vanz in ANY MM he wants to take. Johnny 2X4 all dai. I want you to rob every cocky sonova*****'s pocket this saturday.
Oh daamn, I was planning to wear "D.D." tag the whole time. definitely gonna bring back "J2B4"

ALLL DAYY

I keep watching that match of me vs Jman back in december. I was soooo effing fast, it makes me sad :[

Alukard

Smash Hero
back at the web2zone ... my venue is sooo much better =D

except its hot as bawls ... >.>

Cia

das kwl
I'm so mad they named that drink bawls.. -_- it just shames anyone who wants to talk about it.

"has anyone tried the cherry flavored Bawls??"

". . ."

::-_-::

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
LOL, VaNz. Yo son, my boy did that at work one day. Like when the drink came out. He walked into work and was like "I had some bawlz last night and it was SUPER GOOD." Son, watching reactions to that was hilarious!! This one girl was like "what the....(insert curse here)" She continues to get caught with that same joke repeatedly. My boss cracked some kind of gay joke, then he proceeded to be the conceited A-hole that he usually is after he found out it was a drink.

"Crank that Roy"
"Gimpin' is a Habit"

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
That reminds me of my friend's management project.

He made his project about selling Bawls the drink.

And their slogan was "Go Grab Some Bawls" and did that gay *** motion of grabbing your balls.

LMAO what a ****** :laugh::laugh:

Scar

#HarveyDent
lol at something not being fair. but gateway brackets is fair.
Yeah sorry to say but it def is fair. That's why they do it in sports, that's why they do it basically everywhere. The people who have proven themselves in the past are rewarded with easier brackets, it also ensures that the winner's final's match is more important/has higher competition than winner's semi's.

Which is the way it should be. But I see where you're coming from.

VANZ, GO!

Scar

#HarveyDent
Meanwhile, some guy *cough* makes a combo video and people think hes the sex. OH YEA DIDN'T THAT GUY MAKE A SICK COMBO VIDEO WHERE ALL THE MOVES LINKED UP WITH THE SONG?!?!? OH MAN I LOVE THAT GUY, HE MUST BE A FIRST SEED, DID YOU SEE THOSE COMBOS?!
Whoever you're referring to blows. I ****in hate that kid.

UltimaScout

Smash Lord

f'ing peach is gay.
:laugh: Cry me a river. Now you know how I feel about Fox, but EVERYONE uses him vs me. You know what I did? I've been learning to fight him

Cia

das kwl
Yeah sorry to say but it def is fair. That's why they do it in sports, that's why they do it basically everywhere. The people who have proven themselves in the past are rewarded with easier brackets, it also ensures that the winner's final's match is more important/has higher competition than winner's semi's.

Which is the way it should be. But I see where you're coming from.

VANZ, GO!
are you yelling at me?

Oorah-Kabra

Smash Journeyman
::Breathes in deeply and thinks out loud:: Aright... I'ma have to get real mad for this one. Need to harness that pound3 hate. And don't worry Reno, I take no offense... ::glares at you:: -_- lol

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I somewhat proved myself at the last from the crew battle against Reno haha
Jman: "I don't think Reno is going to lose one stock"
2 minutes later
Jman: "Chibo is playing SURPRISINGLY well, I didn't expect that at all"
haha

How can you do like regional crews? There would be like... PA, NY, NJ, and NE I guess? Maybe as a fun thing after drafts but it can't really happen that effectively as the areas are imbalanced in numbers.

The main reason I was arguing for pools wasn't to give the lower players a chance per say as seeding is always done best players vs worst based on past performance, but was more so we can get the most accurate results down to each individual placement. But its over anyway, im glad were doin em, no johns quit life!

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Yeah seriously guys bring setups. And whoever took my RF adapter home from the last one bring it, cause theres an extra tv down there we can use if we have it. If not some one else bring an RF adapter please.
I have it in my car it will be there.

R3N0

Smash Lord
OHHHH mah bad i didnt notice. LOL oorah good **** for beating husband :-p

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Actually, VaNz I think he was cheering you on? Or acting like you were a Poke'mon. I couldn't quite tell, but it seemed like one of those two, xD. Correct me if I'm wrong, Scar, lol. Oh, and LOL @ the husband video, xD. I laughed super hard when I first saw that. I love it. Although.....what's better is Husband vs. chu. "There's effing two of them!!!"

Wife

Smash Lord
Its because look at the attitude smashers have towards "noobs". Guess who pays your pot money- The little guy.
Dude, that's exactly my point. It's a competitive game . . . I always like to compare smash to other competitive mediums -- that's the surest way for it to succeed.

And anyway, without going on a long metaphoric rant, you don't have to be the little guy. Scar (who by the way has plenty of skill and if people are under the influence of a 3 minute youtube video then they need to grow a pair, Scar is not overrated at all, he got where he is by playing well in tournament) works hard and has moved up the ladder.

I once took $20 fro KDJ in 4 consecutive money matches. Because he sucked. And he didn't get seeded well, and he placed very low that day.
You didn't see him complaining, I'll tell you that much.

How about little Wifey, do you know how many times I went 2 and out? I can also promise you I never got on the boards and complained. Instead, I was playing 99 stock matches in my room, and I brought a notebook to tournaments so I could take notes on why I lost.

Pools take up a lot of time, and so I vote no, but I'll be outvoted and that's fine. But please, please, no more Johning, please, it makes my soul hurt.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Yeah well apparently ASG beat me so I suck, Falco vs Falcon, should have won that one. Everlasting Yay is clearly way too cool, too bad he won't money match me, I told him I'd give him odds too, so I'll put up 5 dollars and he can put up 2.

He must just not want to embarrass me, what a nice kid.

Edit: @ Vanz, I want you to go to this tournament lol

R3N0

Smash Lord
It makes my soul hurt too wife. It really does.

and LOL scar yeah im amazing and u should've went to georgia to mm them.

edit: just watched husband air thrust. Priceless.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Well I think I'm going to TGMT2, but I was already rejected by the people who talk the most ****. Obvi.

Honestly I dont' care, I've been getting way better and if I'm playing as well as I know I can, I'll place very well and that's what matters.

R3N0

Smash Lord
Scar, you should fly down there.. driving is a pain in the A$$. Unless you have something like eggm's boat. The trip in total probably cost me around .. 150-200 lol.

JFox

Smash Hero
I don't deny that Scar is good, just that his fame extends far past his skill. People think of scar as really good, but they don't even know Jman. Its the old Zelgadis effect. People base their views on people largely on videos they find on youtube.

Seeding based on one's knowledge of skill level is biased, and caters to the home town + old time big melee vets who are often not at the level they once were. Those aren't johns, thats just the truth. Seniority in smash is not a proper way to seed. End of convo.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
I might just go down there one of these tournaments...depending on where in Georgia it is. I have family down there, and she offered a room up in her house, xD. That means I can go down there early, get some good training in, seeing as how I won't have anything to distract me, and then hit up the tournament, xD.

"Crank that Roy"
"Gimpin' is a Habit"

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
aaerosmashguy just walked himself into a world of trouble. next time u see him scar, im expecting a jv 5 stock

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I am driving to Georgia. I figured the total cost of the trip would be MUCH LESS than like 4 or 5 plane tickets. We Philly bros have pretty awesome car rides. The drive to Pittsburgh was pretty awesome.

I do plan on flying to the next big West Coast tournament if it ever happens.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i think i only wanna travel really far like georgia if the tourney is melee and brawl, so i can kill 2 birds with one stone and get out of region practice for both games in one trip. unless its somewhat affordable. id consider tgmt2

Top Bottom