• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Apr 19, 2014] No Johns Monthly! April 19th!! Project M ! (Nanuet, NY)

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
ok guys i have strict rules about the 8 ending time ... no freaking yo last game bull crap

ima do it like W2z if u do lol

ONE MORE THING ... GET THERE ON TIME PEOPLE ... IF U ARE LATE ... U WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PLAY ... I AM STARTING AT 1PM NO LATER!!!!
To be honest this kind of mindset never works in tournaments. There is always someone late or a lot of people late. Best thing to do is get a expected list and make a bracket with the names of the people in it. That way if people do show late you can give em a chance to start in losers if they chose. If 30 people are expected and 20 show late that strict attitude will work against you.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
the ppl who are late, or think that they will be late should make sure to call or contact us at the venue or something, waiting for ppl who are not showing is a waste of time

Alukard

Smash Hero
the ppl who are late, or think that they will be late should make sure to call or contact us at the venue or something, waiting for ppl who are not showing is a waste of time
yea ... people IM me for my number if u think u might be late or sumthing ... please ... call me if u think u are going to be late

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Alukard: Me & and a whole bunch of people I could team with could beat you and G Plata lol. Let's see: Jman, HBK, Hazz, Scar, Eggm, SwiftBass, Hax, Zro, WarriorKnight. I could go on lol.

Alukard

Smash Hero
Alukard: Me & and a whole bunch of people I could team with could beat you and G Plata lol. Let's see: Jman, HBK, Hazz, Scar, Eggm, SwiftBass, Hax, Zro, WarriorKnight. I could go on lol.
MM's ???......

me and G$ are accepting any doubles money matches ...

Christopher Rodriguez

The illest Project M Bowser
I wish I could go to this.. sunday tournament sounds so epic

anybody trying to pick me and lite up? and back?

sike but I wish I had my license right about now.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero

(i counted)

upsets out of the wazoo today. Y'all missed a good one.

To Tim C. and crew silentcrazy89 and to just sexed and crew: **** yo, y'all are getting better every time I see you and if it was my first time seeing y'all then holy **** i wish i played that well at my first tourney. Y'all are DEF setting standards for the next wave of newer smashers good **** keep at it seriously

shououts:
Thx for the rides mogwai
esun; chipotle is the best and boo at dairy products and stuff =(
jman; if it aint scar its done.....thx for ****** me and showing me stuff in the fox set

oh yeah btw

Gmoney is amazing in every aspect

the end

Alukard

Smash Hero

(i counted)

upsets out of the wazoo today. Y'all missed a good one.

To Tim C. and crew silentcrazy89 and to just sexed and crew: **** yo, y'all are getting better every time I see you and if it was my first time seeing y'all then holy **** i wish i played that well at my first tourney. Y'all are DEF setting standards for the next wave of newer smashers good **** keep at it seriously

shououts:
Thx for the rides mogwai
esun; chipotle is the best and boo at dairy products and stuff =(
jman; if it aint scar its done.....thx for ****** me and showing me stuff in the fox set

oh yeah btw

Gmoney is amazing in every aspect

the end
dam yo ... i'm sad i didnt get a shout out and this is my first time not choking =[[[[

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
dam yo ... i'm sad i didnt get a shout out and this is my first time not choking =[[[[
that was the readers digest of my shoutouts

good **** in that winners finals set tho..........FoD and samus = sad swift

good **** taking some games off jesus

ALU make this legal and you'll have my never ending love(and epic shoutouts :p)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMh3RC--pUo&feature=related

when ppl play it they HAVE to use that music

shounenkel

Smash Journeyman
Smasher's from The Bahamas, Having a DEBATE Over OMFG!! Melee =D, and Brawl/Brawl+

Alex says:
Where are you guys planning on playing tomorrow?
[κει]...**** auto-message: too tired:S Taking a Nap Zzz...ttyl:)

[Rudra]"Shin no tatakai wa...KOREKARE DA!!" ~Silence is golden, but Duct tape is silver!~ =D says:
Well, isnt that something.
**Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
isnt wat somehting

Alex says:
No chris is free this time
**Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
wtf is goin on

Alex says:
lol

Alex says:
You guys have been bugging me all week to play smash, Where are you playing it tomorrow( hopefully if it doesn't rain)

[Rudra] "Shin no tatakai wa...KOREKARE DA!!" ~Silence is golden, but Duct tape is silver!~ =D says:
Whever, probably at Kel's place. I dont know if I can go now though. How ironic.
*Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
i'll play wherever
**Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
eveyrone else is playin

Alex says:
I wanna play brawl+ this time?

Alex says:
I mean i haven't played it much since you came and that is something i suppose to be focusing on. So have you had any practice tristan?
[κει]...**** auto-message: too tired:S Taking a Nap Zzz...ttyl:)
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
i dont play anything but melee lolol

[Rudra] "Shin no tatakai wa...KOREKARE DA!!" ~Silence is golden, but Duct tape is silver!~ =D says:
*sigh*

Alex says:
Have you given brawl+ a chance though?

Alex says:
Besides with the texture hacks. I talking real beta 4.1 ****.
**Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
i've played it before but its the most pointless game in my opinion but i know u guys like it so i wont argue about it

Alex says:
I mean i have mostly been feeling melee. But i wanna train with metaknight a bit and learn to use the newer characters, besides the music on brawl and the graphics are the best in smash to date.
*Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
i just dotn see a future or a purpose in brawl+
*******Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
i'll play it and try my hand at it
*[κει]...**** auto-message: too tired:S Taking a Nap Zzz...ttyl:)

Alex says:
Oh trust me brawl+ already had 2 tournaments
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:

but i wont bother really getting good at it
Future? Purpose?
It pretty much fixed Brawl's physics and made everyone tourney viable in so many ways. What do you mean?
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
welll...
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
for one thing, theres nothing really wrong with brawls physics, theres nothing really to "fix" apart from making it more like melee
*Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
but brawl isnt supposed to be melee, its supposed to be brawl, and by making it more like melee
* Andrew has been added to the conversation.
all they succeeded in doing was making a game that makes me go "i should be playing melee instead of this right now"

Wait wait wait wait.
What?

Alex says:
Someone used that before, but brawl+ isn't like melee. Trust me it's not
for one thing, theres nothing really wrong with brawls physics, theres nothing really to "fix"
^What
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
i thought the whole point of brawl+ was to make it more melee like alex?

Have you seen the infinites that most characters can pull off?
***[κει]...**** auto-message: too tired:S Taking a Nap Zzz...ttyl:)
****Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
thats not what i mean
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
infinites and stuff arent a problem, they dont need to be fixed
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
u can just ban them from tourny play

Alex says:
Not really, the point of brawl+ was to make it more competitive, it's just that melee had MOST of the competitive aspects that the smash series had.

Why bother banning them when you can fix it?

Why leave something thats broken...broken?

What about Planking?

Alex says:
where using i mean
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
true i see your point about that alex, rudra i'll answer u in a second
[κει]...**** says:
hi
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
stfu
*Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
lol kel
any
waaaayyy

Alex says:
ohh let me introduce andrew

Alex says:
another melee/brawl/brawl+ player

Andrew says:
Hey
*[κει]...**** says:
who is drew?
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
umm..brawl+ is like, not a real game, it doesnt have the certifications of being officially released as a game, as such, it can never and will never be reached by a mass audience. what this means is that brawl+ will never have a steady fanbase like melee or brawl because not everyone can/will have access to it, and it requires more effort to set up than it should

Alex says:
He is currently in freeport and is coming over soon. andrew meet tristan a new member of my team and a melee vet(only)

Alex says:
well for the moment haha :p
*[κει]...**** says:
ahh okay cool
[κει]...**** says:
>_> tirs... **** you lol
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
about planking rudra, i havent followed the debate on planking or what they concluded, but as far as any infinites/planking/the rest of that stuff goes, you dont have to fix it, you can ban it and still have a very viable game
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
lol

Andrew says:
You can't really ban planking

mm..brawl+ is like, not a real game, it doesnt have the certifications of being officially released as a game, as such, it can never and will never be reached by a mass audience.

There are already a few games that have been hacked for increased competitive value and they've gained quite a scene over time. Seeing how B+ is going, its only a matter of time.

Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
which is another thing i dont like about brawl+, because its community developed, it will take a very very long time to stabilize, if it ever finishes
Andrew says:
The closest thing you can get to it is a ledge grab rule and people have already bypassed that, like plank
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
becuz everytime people find effective or "cheap" tactics, they will "fix" them
Andrew says:
Unless you are willing to have a judge at every match?
not everyone can/will have access to it, and it requires more effort to set up than it should

They're working on making the game loadable from an SD/USB without actually modding wiis

Alex says:
What about long *** matches that to moment canceling, trust me, that **** was hacked for a good reason.

Alex says:
thanks*

Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
I really dont like the fact that they will inevitably just fix "cheap" tactics because they have the power too
*[κει]...**** says:
pika is hella fun an any brwal . the + or V i dont care much about what they doind really just tell them to keep they old *** hands of my RAT!! but fix peach Dsmash tho...heheXD

Alex says:
I have a problem with that to tristan, but you gotta realise they wanna reduce broken to nothing but a 3 hit combo, instead of 0-70%

Alex says:
peach downsmash has been buffed a bit.
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
in other fighting games, it forces players to find ways to beat difficult strategies thats what makes people better

Alex says:

Andrew give ya 2 cents man
[κει]...**** says:
i did
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
there are loads of -70% combos in melee, but its still competitive becuz we cant change it, people have to instead find other ways to beat it
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
thus everyone gets better, but in brawl+ you jus change some aspect of the code and boom problem solved, thats lame
The problem isnt always "solved"
Andrew says:
Well I would just like to see them fix Planking like you mentioned earlier
Alex says:
Trust me if melee could have been changed it would have by now. Brawl+ is something, at first may seem * like a stupid idea* but given a chance you'll see how the smash the community always wanted can be the best smash ever.
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
another thing i dont like is the fact that they keep buffing/nerfing attacks, and changing stats on characters and stuff to make all the chars balanced
Alex says:
what*

Even with buffs/nerfs, some characters will always simply be better than others.
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
exactly, so why do anythign at all?

Alex says:
Ohh trust me. fox could have 0-death characters. The reason most of that changed is because pros like ninjalink and bum gave there input on how the tactics on those characters were near broken.

Alex says:
It's been *fixed* because it needed to, not because thet wanted to
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
so w
hat if a tactic is near broken?
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
ban it

Alex says:
If pros complain, what do you want the hackers to do?
Andrew says:
You can't ban planking D;
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
honor system
*[κει]...**** says:
getting 0-death is fun in melee...one good shine well do the job
[κει]...**** says:
n_n

All of that why? Why go out of your way to ban something that's clearly too good when you could fix it?
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
LOOOL KEL

Alex says:
Not everything can be banned man. The ulimate reason brawl was hacked was because of the pace of the game and how flawed it was, not keeping up with traditional smash and so forth.
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
fox in melee is awesome
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
becuz banning something is the same as fixing it except the difference is, when you dont have the power to fix, it, you ban it and everyone moves on and finds orther strategies and the game evolves
[κει]...**** says:
or a KEN combo from marth is pretty gay gay gay... we know how to ID it somethings so its less gay now
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
exactly kel
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
if something is "unbeatable" pure and straight, then ban it, if it CAN be beaten then leave it alone

Alex says:
Yes. but his greatest speed is also his weakness. Now let's look at brawl+ fox...no weakness, just pure speed and attacks that give off about 6-7% damage, all that link into usmash or uair.
[κει]...**** says:
but the combos in melee are too good:)
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
sounds like melee fox to me
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
whats wrong with that?

Andrew says:
I don't they want it to end up like melee where you only have the top 4 in the top 8
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
i think we're all forgetting the point of this discussion and focusing too much on banning stuff so let me rephrase

Alex says:
Did you read what i typed. His SPEED WAS HIS WEAKNESS, NOT in brawl+

Alex says:
In melee there are only a few characters easy/good enough to use at high levels of play. Don't you get tired of fighting ppl who also use ya favorite character. You ask yaself is there ever gonna be a bowser vs link grand finals..HELL NO NOT MELEE.
*[κει]...**** says:
huh?
[κει]...**** says:
in melee
*[κει]...**** says:
i love fox

Andrew says:
fox is too fun in melee xD

But in the end,
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
ok, the point of banning something you CANT fix in most games is to allow users to still have a competitive game, there are certain things that cant be banned but are unbreakable, so people have a "honor system"
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
for example, i dont know if you watch melee matches a lot, but in 2005-2006, it was VERY typical that fox would chaingrab other fox/falco 0-100% and kill them
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
Now, NO ONE DOES THAT
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
why not? its effective?

Alex says:
They don't do that because ppl found a way around it.
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
no one does it because its not FUN and the community found other things to do that showcased more SKK
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
SKILL* and are more fun to perform
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
and yes to some extent they found ways around it
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
now in brawl+, they owuld have gone in and changed some aspect of the game to make it undoable before it even has a chance to develop
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
thus, there is no METAGAME in brawl+, things jus get changed around

Alex says:
First off notice in a fox/falco match nowadays, they would usually ban FD because that is where the CG mostky occured. So what you said is not completely irrelevant.
Its for the sake of character balance: Its one of the ultimate goals of B+

Alex says:
relevant*
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
also, look at Waveshinging
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
in earlier years it was thought to be unbreakable
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
now, we know you can crouch cancel/smash di/quater stick di out of it
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
that took YEARS to figure out, they didnt have to change anything, but in brawl+ i garuntee they wud have "fixed" it

Alex says:
One thing i notice about you, why don't you talk about pichu and other low tiers, stop talking about fox/falco/marth.
[κει]...**** says:
tris thats really ture
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
why should i talk about the low tiers?
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
i cud talk about link and game and watch all day
but
they arent relevent to this discussion

Alex says:
You should because brawl+ fixed that aspect of smash.

There's a reason why that wasnt included either, both that and CCing actually.
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
CCing isnt in brawl+ wtf?

Alex says:
Yes. When you compare to games EVERYTHING is relevant to the discussion
Alex says:
2*
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
ok
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
i'll tell you why im not talking about them and this leads into my next point

Alex says:
Yes.CG IS in brawl+ but to a certain extent.
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
they arent relevent to the top of the metagame they are simply inferior characters and they dont have combos that are as unbreakable or effective as fox/falco/marth
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
but why should every char be playable? no fighter in history has been balanced
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
every fighter has characters that are completely useless, and top tier
WDing homogenized the ground game way more than any form of Dashing did. In fact, it was pretty much the best method of ground movement hands down. There's also the Melee 2.0 stigma that comes with it

As for CCing, lots of weak hits exist in Brawl, much moreso than Melee. Many characters would be unable to break it at all, and it would ruin character balance again.
Alex says:
Exactly. Why have those characters in a game if they aren't gonna be used. I bet that must of pissed sakurai off, no wonder if ****ed us over and made brawl, then when we finally found a way to fix everything, you go against something most ppl wanted from the beginning.
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
ok, and whats wrong with "homogenized ground movement"?
*but why should every char be playable? no

^Why NOT? More viable characters means a more versatile metagame. It wont always boil down to MK vs MK/Snake/Top tier

Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
by removing wding, instead of one way to move, you now have two, walk and run
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
big deal

Alex says:
he*
[κει]...**** says:
WD is like one of the best things in melee really
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
more viable characters doesnt necessarily mean a more viable metagame, the metagame is still plenty deep even for low tiers
[κει]...**** says:
i must say i really need it with my peach an fox, WDing out of sheild is help a alot

Alex says:
You gotta realise that WD was an exploit and wasn't intended, why should we base a game on a mechanic that suppose to be non existent.
tяіѕ†аη******** says:
yea, Wavedashing doesnt "homogenize ground movement" it ENCHANCES it in every possible way
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
i'll tell you why alex i love this argument
Alex says:
I notice that it does kel and that is why, i miss it.

It enhances it so much so that other ground options are obsolete
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
and whats wrong with that?
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
anyway, for alex,

Simple: Whats the point of using something, when something else is always, always, ALWAYS better to use? Why not have balanced options that need to be weighed?
[κει]...**** says:
alex i know you do
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
wavedahsing wasnt intended, however, its discovery has in no way HINDERED gameplay. I wotn even bother to note how it has improved gameplay in this arguement, i'll just point out that the discovery of wavedashing, whether intentional or not, is allowed becuz EVERYONE can do it and thats the key point
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
people like to call wding a "glitch" but so what?
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
its a FAIR glitch, one of the FAIREST in videogame history
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
every char can do it, and it improves the way they are all played, why should that be removed
How is it fair when some characters can obviously use it better than others though?
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
"Simple: Whats the point of using something, when something else is always, always, ALWAYS better to use? Why not have balanced options that need to be weighed?
"
becuz rudra

Alex says:
This is why i said you shouldn't base it off of that. This is why there is segragation in the smash community, brawl is grabage we all agree, but i have to somewhat defend it, Now that melee era is over ppl now have brawl and without the exploits it is disregarded.
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
having "balanced options that need to be weighted" is adding POINTLESS and FAKE "depth" to the game. wavedashing is almost always better than other ground options, however, you arent looking at this the full spectrum, jus because you can wd, doesnt mean there arent OTHER things that need to be accounted for and weighted in a match
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
basically, wding takes away pointless thought, and replaces it with actions that lead into truely important decisions

Alex says:
That is happening, because they feel as if sakurai has abandoned hardcore gamers and we all forget how is dream was to make a simple fun game for EVERYONE to enjoy, without these exploits smash wouldn't have been the game it is now.
[κει]...**** says:
well really one time ago if alex them cant remember... peach was a pick ot beat fox cuz of her Dsmash...an changthrows, everybody was liek she is too gay with the Dsmash, they could fix it or ban it they had to fine a way to beat it...but now not only can win a match an fox is beat peach so bad now ****...she was better then him but now they could ID awat right an just **** her up...fixing or benning **** isnt the only way or thing you could do about something
*[κει]...**** says:
is that you cant beat anything really... just try an make it work

Takes away pointless thought....
Are you saying that making any other decision aside from WDing is pointless? What does that mean exactly? That everything else is nearly worthless in comparison to WDing?

If that is the case, then it really is too centralized
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
thats not what i mean
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
ok, if you remove wding, what options do you have, Walk, and run
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
or am i missing something?

Dash Dancing, Dash Canceling
*Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
im not including those becuz they have thier place with wavedashin

Alex says:
I believe that sentiment, but at the end of the day, WD and the exploits shou;ldn't dicate, how other smash games should be played, the reason brawl was fixed was because it is too slow and waterd down( because of competitive gameplay) if the game was made for the mere fact of being fun then ok.
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
wavedashin only makes walkng and running inferior
but in Brawl, Aerial approaches are also just as useful.
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
as in melee
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
SHFFL
agai
n, Wding hasnt made a homogeneous ground game
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
all it has done is replace inferior options

Alex says:
But how can you say that and expect brawl to be an asweome game?

Alex says:
awesome*

Do you approach from a distance SHFFLing?
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
yes

Alex says:
You centralize everything around wavedashing and telling us to accept brawl the way it is?
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
brawl doesnt have to be an awesome game, it doesnt have to be as good as melee
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
yes because brawl is a different game

Alex says:
It wasn't made to be compeitive at all and it strays away from the traditional smash physics?!

Rudra] "Shin no tatakai wa...KOREKARE DA!!" ~Silence is golden, but Duct tape is silver!~ =D says:
Bull. Why not make Brawl as good as its predecessor, which set such a high standard of competitive play?
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
ok, i dnt have a problem with brawl sucking....
and
thats opinion btw
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
one which i share

Alex says:
That is because you play melee and like i say disregard brawl as inferior.
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
right
***[κει]...**** says:
u
mm...well really i dont care i just want play ab i like melee more than any game I've played ever
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
but in all truthfullness , brawl has done well for itsef as a competitve figher
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
so where are we going with this?
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
word kel

Alex says:
That is the reason the melee commmunity even after 7 years is the smallest of the smash coummunity and brawl after one yr has a larger community.
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
ok
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
and what does this have to do with our discussion?

Alex says:
That is happening because it takes tooo much effort to be good at melee and soo little to be good at brawl...but brawl is larger because of scrubs. That is why there is brawl+ for ppl that is tired of melee and fox and falco, and wants some link vs sonic grand finals.

Alex says:
It's just saying that melee is good, because of the elitist that play it.
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
so, brawl+ is for noobs people afraid of the skill gap of doom, and people "tired" of playing melee?
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
how brawl+ be the solution to people tired of playing melee when it emulates melee in so many ways...

Alex says:
It actually emulates smash64 more really.

Alex says:
That is only dashcanceling in from melee if i am correct.

Alex says:
there*
[κει]...**** says:
really most of the brawlers are gay...they wasnt really good in melee an didnt even try to get good...once they hear people like M2k shiz...etc would be play they dont want play...they did suck so much at melee when brawl come out they was hella happy to get something new an still trying the hardest to be the best an people like m2k an vidjo are still 2 of the best in the **** of the game Vbrawl...
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
ok heres the thing with brawl+

Melee is a game that revolved more around tech skill and quick fingers. Brawl+ is a game that revolves more heavily around mindgames and matchup knowledge (and character ATs)
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
there are naturally going to be some characters better than others, do you agree?

Obviously.

But
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
incorrect rudra
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
melee does not "revolve around tech skill"

Alex says:
Yea.

Alex says:
actually it does tris

Why should they completely overshadow everyone else like MK of VBrawl did?
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
tech skill happens to be one of the abilities necessary to compete at a high level, but at a high level, melee still reolves around mindgames and reads
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
nope misconception
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
you need techskill to compete, but it doesnt revolve around tech skill

not quite as much as Brawl+ does, especially with the larger amount of variety you have to deal with

Alex says:
Without having the knowledge to l-cancel and wavedash you are pretty much doom to lose. That is why ppl in that gamestore hate me now. They also hate brawl+ because they think it has the melee 2.0 stigma

Andrew says:
Which gamestore? The one by KFC and the movies? (trying to remember nassau)
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
yes but alex, once you play ME or KEL, it no longer REVOLVES around whether or not you can l-cancel does it?

Alex says:
The one by the mall.
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
at high levels of play, it doesnt matter what you can do technicaly becuz i can do it too
* daisey has been added to the conversation.
Andrew says:
Oh dunno that one then
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
therefore it does not "revlve" around techskill
Alex says:
Nope, because i already have the knowledge to compete.
[κει]...**** says:
omg days
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
if melee "revolved" around techskill, daisey would not be good
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
if melee "revolved" around techskill, Silent wolf wud win all the tournies

Alex says:
Without these basic knowlegde i would have been called names, or wouldn't have ever touched that controller, also, look at the amount of training and time it takes to be really good at melee. even if we play pros with all the training we have, we would still get *****.
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
and?
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
thats becuz they are better than us
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
but i can do everything the pros do
[κει]...**** says:
okay for ep daisy has no tech right....an dee an alex an peolp liek them has mostly tech right?
[κει]...**** says:
people
Melee isnt like running, where techskill and speed determine who win
*[κει]...**** says:
right?

daisey says:
yeah so how do i *****ing beat them
daisey says:
with no tech skill
*[κει]...**** says:
right thats what I;m talking about
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
track revolves around speed becuz you have to simply be faster than your opponent

daisey says:
people without tech skill actually wins

Alex says:
Ok. daisey uses characters that don't rely too much on tech, but if we used our tech to the best of our ability the matchups would work in my favor, i could have shine to nair her shield to no end.
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
but like i said, being more TECHSKILLED wont let you win in melee
[κει]...**** says:
tech isnt the only thing you need to win a match
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
Dashizwiz is more techskilled than mew2king

daisey says:
quick thinking, experience even gives the upper hand
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
but Shiz has never beat him in tourny

daisey says:
not just tech skill
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
why is that if melee "revolves" around techskill?

daisey says:
it doesnt

daisey says:
there are diffrent types of skill

daisey says:
people skill
d
aisey says:
tech skill
daisey says:

and exerience skill
[κει]...**** says:
right thats what I'm saying tech isnt the only thing you need to win a match in melee
*Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
ANYWAY
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
back to my original point
*[κει]...**** says:
it isnt a musted
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
some characters will naturally be better than other
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
agree or disagree alex and rudra?

I already said that no?
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
ok

Alex says:
I was saying that brawl+ is more balanced than melee for ppl that want something new and tired of hitting l everytime they land and messing up there controller.

But its a problem when they can completely eclipse the rest of the cast

Alex says:
agreed
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
so, if some characters will naturally be better than others, dont you think that anyone who is SERIOUS about winning, will gravitate automatically towards the characters that give them the best chance?
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
which means that if MK and snake are a 99 out of 100 in terms of WIN

Alex says:
I for one am tired of fox dittos and losing because i missed the L-cancel of screwed up my wavedash.
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
and every other cast memeber is a 98
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
i garuntee, all finals matchups will STILL BE mk vs snake
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
no matter how good you make the entire cast

Alex says:
I doubt that will happen
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
if one charcters EVEr has ANY advantage over ANY OTHERM
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
that character will ALWAYS be in the finals and most played
*Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
are you kidding? you have to be blind to not see this logic

Even if they had an advantage, it shouldnt be a staggering one that renders said character unplayable.
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
thats besides the point
How often do you watch a tournament match and see a low tier character in the latter matches?
wow you're missing the point
daisey says:
i have to run
ok, ness is low tier in brawl right?

Even if a character is better than many others, the difference shouldnt be that great.
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
is ness low tier in brawkl?

daisey says:
i support tristan and frankel

Alex says:
You see tristan, you make these crazy assumption out of mere curiousity and not because you actually followed the threads, but if you have legit knowledge of what is going on you would see where me and rudra is coming from.

daisey says:
i'll back this up when i return
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
im pointing out the obvious and inevitable truth of ALL fighting games
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
not just melee
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
or smash
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
ok here is a fact

Alex says:
ofcourse you would you only see melee and it is not perfect.
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
lets say ness is low tier in brawl, but in brawl+ you make him a 98 out of 100 in terms of win
[κει]...**** says:
right! but why would we fix something thats is too good?
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
now, lets say Metaknight is a 99 out of 100

Andrew says:
Ness is low tier brawl for future reference for oyu
[κει]...**** says:
leave it be an play the ****in game
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
any person serious about winning WILL use metaknight REGARDLESS of how "viable" ness is
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
becuz MK gives them the best chance

daisey says:
i second that
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
what this means is that finals will boil down to MK vs MK NO MATTER HOW CLOSE THE OTHER MATCHUPS ARE

daisey says:
therefore tiers exist

Alex says:
Metaknight is great because brawl wasn't intended to be taking serious! the game has tripping for God sakes
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
ur missing the point >_>

Even so, its not the fact that tiers exist

daisey says:
actually they didnt expect mk to be so great

its the fact that anyone below mid tier could be utterly destroyed by the higher ones
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
false
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
some lower tiers chars are counter picks lol

Alex says:
The point you are missing is metaknight has been nerfed so don't bring up brawl+ metaknight as God tier, he is only good now.

daisey says:
they didnt expect infinite chain grabs either
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
lol alex you completely missed my point
ok, lets say every character in the game sucked
Alex says:
I hear you lol
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
no you dont
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
lets say EVERY character sucked

aisey says:
*they didnt expect infinite chain grabs either

^ Who playtested this game again? Oh, right,. Sakurai, the guy who made the Kirby series to begin with

Alex says:
I actually do, but start using vbrawl as an exp
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
but lets say ness sucked JUST A LITTLE LESS
*[κει]...**** says:
i play with MK from now on in whatever V or + an you guys know me play gay is they best way...i'll do the most **** with that *** MK...P.S i never played with him in my life an i'll most likely do good with him...his gay gay gay gay
Alex says:
example*
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
every one would play ness
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
and all finals will boil down to ness vs ness
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
what im saying is, you may be tired of

Andrew says:
G&W is easier to play with than mk
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
fox/falco/marth/shiek,

Alex says:
Lets say we take away the AT that is in melee. Who would be good now?

Andrew says:
generic mks are relatively easy to beat
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
but unless every character has PERFECTLY EVEN MATCHUPS
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
with every other characters
*Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
you will never see sonic vs link in finals

daisey says:
i find that a poor john
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
the best players will choose the best naturally better characters
[κει]...**** says:
but i could never do that in melee when i first stared playing with fox yeh i know his the best in the game...but god hes hella hard to play unlike MK in B
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
and all finals will boil down to that

daisey says:
"oh everyone plays fox, falco, marth"

Alex says:
Now lets take away the AT in vbrawl...oh wait there is none smt

daisey says:
so what in sf most people play ryu ect
*Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
Link
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
link would be the best char in melee without ATs in my opinion
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
ok and?

ut unless every character has PERFECTLY EVEN MATCHUPS
*with every other characters
*you will never see sonic vs link in finals

^It wont be perfect, but it shouldnt slide farther than 60:40s at worst
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
omg

Unlike VBrawls 30:70+/-

Alex says:
It's not a poor john it is the true, if sakurai was thinking, he would have never put AT in melee and everything you are talking about would be non-existent.
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
you guys need to get realistic
Andrew says:
But melee and brawl are completely different, fox is a lot more technical than melee
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
it doesnt matter how close and arbitrary matchup is
daisey says:
he didnt put AT's in melee
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
as long as character A is better than character B C D E F by even the smallest margin
daisey says:
AT's were discovered
Alex says:
Well he would have then cleaned up, if you know what i mean and not leave any exploits
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
tournaments will boil down to character A vs character A every single time

daisey says:
melee is a prefect example of true competition

Alex says:
If you followed the brawl+ threads you would have learned that sakurai did what he did, because smash is a game that is suppose to be played to have fun, not make money off of

daisey says:
even though the things that were discovered make it good

daisey says:
and

daisey says:
alot of games are like that but people still make money
[κει]...**** says:
yep like SF
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
ALSO

daisey says:
he tried, and made a worst game, with infinite grabs and more unbalance than ever
daisey says:
madden games
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
excluding the bottom tier characters, melee is EXTREMELY BALANCED

daisey says:
also Narutimate
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
falco, fox, marth, and sheik are some of the most even fights ever

Alex says:
Not really, fighting games are made to be fighters, smash was made to be a party game and nothing more, but AT came about and that is why it is played the way it is, brawl fell off with it's new style and it sucks
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
thats 4 possible matchups
daisey says:
Melee is balance, well more balanced than brawl for sure
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
good luck balacing brawl+ such that you get more than 2 perfect matchups

he tried, and made a worst game, with infinite grabs and more unbalance than ever

^thats how adamant he was about enforcing fun over competition. He should have playtested the game more though
daisey says:
lets hope so for their sake
Andrew says:
I don't think melee is more balanced than brawl...
daisey says:
melee is more balanced than brawl, may the better player win, and this doesnt mean only in tech skill
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
melee is more balanced than brawl
Alex says:
We brought back the mechanics so the game would only follow that *melee and n64 had* that made it a competitive fighter, brawl+ is the TRUE competitive game because it was intended to be that way
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
show me a brawl tourny which wasnt Snake vs metaknight in the finals
daisey says:
actually brawl plus is like a reminder of melee
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
in melee, atleast you have 4 possible finals chars
daisey says:
actually tristan more
*Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
so wait
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
wait wait wait wait

show me a brawl tourny which wasnt Snake vs metaknight in the finals

^Err, they overshadowed everyone else, remember?
daisey says:
even peach/falcon/jiggs goes to finals
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
right i was commenting on andrews post rudra
daisey says:
along with the top 4 tiers
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
i know we all agree that brawl isnt balanced
Andrew says:
CoT4 where it was meta vs meta
Andrew says:
There no snake vs meta xD
*Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
lol u got me
daisey says:
majority of what i see is mk or snake at top
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
anyway, i odnt have a problem with brawl+,
daisey says:
that wins tournaments, its a two man game
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
acutally i do lol
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
but not enough to stop me from playing it
daisey says:
i wouldnt put down melee for brawl
daisey says:
but i dont have a problem with brawl plus
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
what i mean to say is, i dont fall into the category of "tired of melee" yet, and when i do, i will find another game to play
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
brawl+ however ISNT that game for me
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
there are too many things is disagree with about the game to take it seriously, however, i wud enjoy playing it with you guys at friendlies
Alex says:
At the end of the knight the topic was about brawl+ getting the boost it needed and you not understanding that fact. So i just saw you revert back to vbrawl and have no idea why.

Because they're the only ones who are truly viable in the end. Thats a problem. Why should it always wind up with those two-4 characters? Even if they dont have a huge advantage, why not allow any character to be usable there at the end of the day?

****, too slow lol
†аη******** says:
lol oh yea i never adressed why i reverted back to vbrawl
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
we got caught up in a bunch of other ****

Alex says:
night*

daisey says:
i have to run
* daisey has left the conversation.
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
ok heres why
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
i dont have a problem with vbrawl as a game, it sucks in my opinion, but its doing jsut fine as a "competitive" game
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
like daisey said, lots of games arent very "competitve" but people still play them in tourny
†аη******** says:
like Mad,den

Alex says:
All i am saying is brawl+ is the game most ppl expect with it was released and not that crappy vbrawl, float until i grow wings piece of *****

Alex says:
when*
*******T
яіѕ†аη******** says:
right, and i was one of those people, but my solution was to just go back to melee
Andrew says:
Who do you use tristan?
Alex says:
Now there is a new answer to those that look at melee and brought a wii for brawl.
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
brawl+ has caused more problems than it solved and when i get tired of melee, i think im going to play guily gear
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
i use falco and doc in melee, along with falcon, link, game and watch, marth, fox for fun in melee
in brawl i use game and watch and pikachu
Alex says:
My wii is pimped out anyway, outside of smash so either way i win haha. Even though i haven't been in the smash mood and ducking brawl+ i still think it is the way to go in terms of moving on.
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
right and thats fine
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
like i say i dont mind playing brawl+ but the reason why i cant and wont take it seriosuly is becuz melee is better in just about every way, and i cud jus play that instead

Alex says:
We have come to a conculsion, you love melee, like daisey love lol and Rudra and i agree that trying a new smash, community made is the way to go.
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
and "every character is viable in brawl+" isnt a good enough reason to make me move on

Its not something intended to do so. Its just a differentiation from Melee, just like the other things that seperate the two.

Alex says:
exactly, they are different man, just like n64 is to melee.
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
but the thing that always gets me about brawl+
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
is that, every time i play it, i think "why did they remove X tactic, if they can fix anything, they shud have left it in becuz it wud have been better this way"
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
like jump cancel grabs, why are they removed?

Alex says:
You know why brawl+ is also better, stage and texture hacks, i'll send you one match from a sonic vs link grand finals, does anyone wanna see it?
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
who gives a **** if they make regular grabs inferior
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
i saw ally vs m2k texture hack
Andrew says:
that one looked really cluttered

They want to keep everything balanced, including options. JC Grabs are better in almost every way to pivods, DC grabs, and DC shield grabs.
Alex says:
They were removed from sakurai made brawl and because it homogenized the grab game.
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
it was cool but i dont play smash for how it looks lol, i still play smash 64 for christs sake

as balanced as possible*
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
see thats the mentality i just dont agree with
*Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
keeping "everything balanced" just for the sake of it is ****ing stupid in my opinion, pardon my french

Alex says:
No they were vbrawl matches ewww.

Alex says:
did you see stages textures?
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
but if you're gonna balance something, i hate to see it being done just for the sake of it
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
it is unnecesary and doesnt add anything to the game
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
whereas jc grabs do ADD to the game
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
yea hellfno plaza

Alex says:
If you think i can't 0 to death you in brawl+ try me xd

Alex says:
They only made the **** easier to escape. Ask harry how it was fighting my fox.

Andrew says:
Hellfino plaza distracted me from watching the actual match
*Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
thats becuz you're better than him at b+ :l
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
yea same lol i almost puked

Alex says:
ohhhh noooo
A
lex says:
harry was pretty good fighting me, my DI was better, but his marth was landimng tippers like mad.

Alex says:
landing*

Alex says:
I'll send the link to one grand finals and ya'll tell me if it is boring.
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
rudra, how does removing jc grabs and keeping inferior forms of grabbing add to the gameplay?
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
if anything it only limits gameplay, not balance it

While it would add an option to grabbing, it would make the others inferior in that JC grabbing is always best. You may as well not have those other options at all at such a rate.

However.

Alex says:
It actually allows the player to use other options instead of watching vids and saying* hey i'll use jc grabs because it owns everything else*

Rudra] "Shin no tatakai wa...KOREKARE DA!!" ~Silence is golden, but Duct tape is silver!~ =D says:
I am not too certain as to how they view JC grabs

Some are for it

Some arent
*Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
ok, and what does "allowing the user to use other options' accomplish alex?
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
a grab is a grab no matter HOw it is attained
[κει]...**** says:
bored... drew what you doin tomorrow?

Alex says:
It allows for more mix ups
*******T
яіѕ†аη******** says:
mix ups?
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
lol no
A
lex says:
considering brawl+ is lacking flashy tactics
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
a grab is a grab

says:
=Have you seen pivot wavegrabs befpre

Alex says:
before*
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
yes
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
they are the only way to continue certain chaingrabs on certain chars at certain percents in melee
Alex says:
They aren't really in melee, unless JC
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
no there are pivot grabs in melee

Alex says:
I never seen it

PWG was in Melee without WDing? Am I missing something?
*******T
яіѕ†аη******** says:
maybe brawl players have changed the name of pivot, but a pivot grabbing certainly exists in melee
Alex says:
I never seen it
*Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
what does pivot mean in brawl
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
or wat are u thinking of when u say pivot?

Alex says:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuRX0mzVTIM

Andrew says:
just dawned on me school tomorro

Andrew says:
lamee

says:
Best link ever...

Alex says:
how is school tomorrow, tomorrow is a holiday
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
tomroow is a holiday

Alex says:
Now compare that to vrbawl
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
ya so what does pivot mean in vB or B+ becuz we are likely thining of two different things

Andrew says:
it is monday now

Andrew says:
xD

Alex says:
That is the turn around grab
*[κει]...**** says:
lol

Alex says:
dash hit back and grab at the same time

Basically, you dash forward and slide in the same direction as the initial dash, but you pull off a reverse grab while sliding

Alex says:
better explanation
Andrew says:
That is a good stage exture o-o

Its friction based I think

SUPER MARIO GALAXY!!!1

Alex says:
i know

says:
That is where the music is from?
*[κει]...**** says:
drew what is your smash name?
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
ok yea we are thinking of different things

Andrew says:
Uhh

Andrew says:

Andy i guess

Andrew says:
Sometimes I get called Bread since I like it
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
in melee, a "pivot" is in the dashdance animation, there is a certain frame window where your character is perfectly still and standing

Alex says:
Yes well falco and fox can use it to there advantage. While melee had universal AT brawl+/vbrawl has character specific ones
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
in that window you can launch ANY attack
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
obviously thats benefical for obvious reasons
Alex says:
It's watered down and easier to use in brawl+
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
anyway, back to the point at hand

Okay, but PWG didnt exactly exist in Melee in the same form as it did in Brawl then?

Alex says:
nope.
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
how does leaving in multiple forms of grabbing that all equally suck
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
enchance gameplay or promote metgame growth?
Alex says:
Not really, dude stop making false assumption and actually put work into the game.
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
im not making assumption

Alex says:
Unless you play brawl+ for more than a day and can give solid feedback i advise you just stop.
They dont all suck. Thats the thing
Each type of grab has their uses, but JC Grabs would overshadow them easily.
just like in melee
jc grabs are superior, but pivot grabs had their place
Alex says:
I think JC grabs are the best in melee. I for one don't use anything else.
anyway you guys are looking at this from a very limited point of view
so what if jc grabs overshow the rest
what is the point of a grab?
Alex says:
same can be said for you.
who cares HOW you get a grab
Alex says:
The player you are fighting cares.
:l
Alex says:
jc grabs promotes perfect CG
right
Alex says:
If there are any
which leads to a better overall metagme
Alex says:
I think marth can CG spacies in brawl+ rudra at low percents

Yeah, and follow up from then too.

Mostly around the 30s I think
*Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
with perfect chaingrabbing, you have enchanced use of a character, and in response, his opponenets have to now learn how to deal with that and develoop there own metagamre
Alex says:
If you DI up then i need to follow with a utilt or uair.
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
tell me how having multiple, less perfect grabbing options, enhances gameplay

Alex says:
This isn't melee and everything in this game is chracter specific, we don't need character being more gay.

Tell me how having one always optimal grab does.

Alex says:
characters*
*Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
k i will

You lose options=loss of depth
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
NOT TRUE

Alex says:
true.
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
ok
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
i'll try to explain this as best i can
*Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
please dont respond in between posts and then u can rebut, i jus dont want you to ask a question im going to answer is a few secs

Alex says:
anyone wanna see tourney matches from btl brawl+ tourney?

Andrew says:
i can see some

Alex says:
ok
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
ok, losing options does not always mean you lose depth, that is a false assumption
†аη******** says:
maybe if we were talking about teching
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
and you told me they removed in place techs, and now you cud only tech right or left, THEN you wud lose depth

alex says:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXxoPZ6Xhcs
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
but, if we are talking about a technique that is a means to and end
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
for example, a grab, a grab is a means, NOT and end
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
no matter how you get a grab, the point is, you got it
†аη******** says:
now, if jc grab is the best option, you can now focus on more important aspects of the metagame
†аη******** says:
because now, you have increased options like perfect chaingrabbing that u need to practice, you now have the ability to tech chase A LOT FASTER
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
what this means is that you opponent has to deal with these things, and in turn, they have to develop their metagame in response
just becuase you leave in multiple MEANS does not add depth to the game
adding ENDS is what adds depths
any means to an end is not depth, and they shud all be PERFECTED and slimed to be as streamlined as possbile
eaving in "ways of performing a function" that arent useful is pointless
k im done
Alex says:
What you don't realise and from what i am seeing. first off THIS ISN"T MELEE!!!! for the last time, teching isn't as fast as melee and also JC grabs were implenmented to not only grab faster, but to reduce getting attacked, that is harder in brawl+ more attacks already have lag and shielding is alot different. So no i rather not have that implenmented.
***[κει]...**** says:
okay thats it right? guys
sorry i meant to say "if you told me they removed in place techs"
anyway continue
You could have more "focus", but so would your opponent. Thats one (or several in this case) less approach they could take to grabbing. While landing any form of a grab has an equal result, the level of punishment for missing is still different. The punishment for whiffing a Dash Grab or a PWG is still different from that of a JC Grab.
indeed...
Alex says:
I am saying that it is eaiser to buffer a perfect shield after grabbing so, then it would be easier to do just about anything from that jc grabs, because it acts like a standing grab. So why would i make it even easier for you to be spamming and hide behind ya shield, the reason it isn't there is to punish a failed grab.
***[κει]...**** says:
ahh yeah that true
***[κει]...**** says:
ummm..
***[κει]...**** says:
well...
lol akward silence
Alex says:
lol
i dont see ur point sorry i dont understand u
***[κει]...**** says:
lol
say it again differently plz
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
im serious

The point is:

While each grab does have the same outcome :The opponent gets grabbed,

the punishment for each type and the situation to use them are all relatively different
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
yes...and
*[κει]...**** says:
the point is that i should tel you guys who win ths **** of a debate!! right? drew?
†аη******** says:
stfu kell this is interesting

Andrew says:
Man I got lost a while ago cause I could only really contribute to the brawl stuff xD
*[κει]...**** says:
sorry I'm bored sorry about that:S

Alex says:
The point is in melee after a jc grab, you can't buffer a shield because a buffering system, doesn't exist, but in brawl+ it does. The reason brawl+ was created was to reduce camping and hiding behind shields, with jc grabs in that would only allow grabbing to became safe again.
*[κει]...**** says:
guash

There's also that...yes...
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
well there is a buffer system in melee jus so u know

Its nowhere near as prominent in Brawl

Besides

Andrew says:
s'alright

the shield comes out on frame 1
*[κει]...**** says:
hmph...tris534@pornstar. com lol omg too good!! xD

and it PS's really easily too.

Despite having a smaller window

its still buffered.
*Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
anyway, heres my point, regardless of what specific aspect of melee im using as an example is irrelevent

The buffer system couldnt fully remove that.
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
what im saying is

Andrew says:
xd
Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
just because a specific method of performing an action is superior DOESNT mean that method should be removed

Alex says:
You gotta think like a brawl player and stop using melee, physics as you conviction, to diss brawl+
**Tяіѕ†аη******** says:
just for the "sake of having more options".....PART 2 COMING SOON :chuckle:HAHAHAHAHAHA:chuckle:

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
^ what vid? 'Oh Girl 2: Return of the Girl?'

lol
Sorry I meant vids. I recorded stuff at this tournament. It was the first time I used my new lappy to record.

The specs of this computer are far superior to my old one, so I tried to get better quality vids. I blame Vista's terrible performance for the ****ty quality of the videos.

And if and when I make a combo vid sequel, I don't want to call it "Oh Girl 2".

Alukard

Smash Hero
From what I can remember...

1. JMan
2. Alukard
3. Swift
4. Hax
5. XYT
5. ???(G$ maybe?)
7. HazZarD
7. ???(Phish-it maybe?)
9. Eggm

that's all I got...
thats pretty dead on!! wow mogwai good memory lol

singles

1: jman-i didn't get 6-0'd by u ... but at least i told u i can camp pretty well too ^_-.. o and ur still a little jerk
2: alukard - mad proud of myself because all i needed was some confidence from my peeps =]
3: swift - good games swift ... i was praying for u to take out jesus again lolol ... even tho it was his falcon the first time lol
4: hax - brinstar depths ... nah i'm jk ... i was sheik vs u ... cuz i still think u are the best falcon ... next to papa brian and uncle scar lol
5: xyt- u got the camping down for a great sheik player ... now keep coming to these and we are going to have another kdj lol
5: g$- i love you!!! lol ... we are going to keep beasting ... to be the best team ever son watch! thanks for the support
7: hazz- thanks for the support hazz ... also ... why didn't u play like u played vs drephen?!?! ... SANDBAGGER ... HBK IS RIGHT!
9: eggm- eggm lost and didn't disappear ?!?!?!?! wow ... its a new day
9: nintendude - ur pretty dam good ... u got really far in winners
9: ky - see phish it
9: pakman - BEASTING SOOO much ... sucks about ur vids =[ ... also because me and g$ had some doubles matches on ur things
13: Bailey - randomly showing up ... and also LMFAO at ur boy thinking he was the boss
13: ritz - u are sooo technical ... u just need more tourney exp. also get ur *** to smashfest so u can learn match ups .. dont get emo on us lol
13: tim c - thanks for coming i dont think we played tho
13: mogwai - REALLY BREAKING JMANS SHIELD .... FREAKING MOGWAI YOOOO ... BEASTING FUN TEAM MATCHES LOL
17: eman - thanks for coming u guys are getting good yo =]
17: trey - we didn't play but thanks for coming
17: sol - i always say u are sooo freaking smart yo ... ya need to keep playing ... never quit yo
17: loci - we didn't play thanks for coming tho

doubles

1: hazz + jman GAYYYY *** foxes T_T
2: g$ + alukard best team in the world LMAO
3: djn + hax i guess u can scratch that team off the list huh dj ?? LOL
4: swift + eggm SPACIES T_T GG's though =]
5: ky + nintendude
5: phish-it + sol
7: pakman + mogwai
7: tim c + loci
9: eman + flip

CAPTAIN FALCON!!!!! 4 lyfe