• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Approaching help

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I think that short of uair, dair, needles, chain, vanish, and transform, anything that involves moving Sheik toward the opponent is typically a viable approach.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Like Ankoku said, all her non-stationary or non-laggish moves work.

Needles are good for throwing off an approach so you can approach instead (or at least prepare for an attack), but again, too laggy.

B-air is good for spacing because of the range, so theoretically that is your best option. However, f-air is somewhat easier to control. Honestly, it depends on who you're fighting and how you play.

I say, in practice, your best option is just to run straight at the enemy (you can do that dash>block thing) making sure you stay outside of their range. When they try to attack, use Sheik's agility to punish. The only problem with this is projectiles, but you can get around those quite easily. In most cases simply crawling will get you by, blocking or jumping over others will cover the rest.

So, to conclude:

Anything will work, use your own judgement depending on the situation.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
ive recently picked up sheik and i notice people will shield if you throw a few needles i like to get within dash grab range > needle needle > (when shielded or open) > grab from there i try to follow up with air dodge chasing to attacking because i think all of her throws can be airdodged if you try and attack afterward

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
bair is the best, and fair is a little character dependant but also a strong approach. don't approach with nair... don't.

TGYDK

Smash Rookie
Something that i do sometimes is this:

run at the opponent, then once at a pretty good area when they think you'll attack, short hop backwards, fast fall and then dash attack or whatever, it works. thats probably more of a mindgame or something, but it does do the trick. then once they think your gunna do it, YOU DO SOMETHIN ELSE. awesome :p

Voyeur

Smash Journeyman
dash and when you're at the right distance and spacing, side-B

your chain will come out and the tip will get the stun, retract and then charge up some needles.

You can usually do this once, if not maybe twice in a match (if you switch up the needle throwing and chain using because they have similar start up animations, kind of) They usually expect a physical fighter like Sheik to have no disjointed hit boxes and they'll be waiting for the common RAR to Bair approach, or Sheild to grab, spot dodge to Dsmash (all still very good approaches)

but I like this one for getting a nice hit, especially if it will force them off the ledge.

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
DACUS!!!!! XD

Hahahaa, okay I had my laugh.

I like to crawl or come with an aerial approach, granted, Shiek isn't exactly great when enemies are below her, so Bair or Fair approaches might be your best answer.

Flamingo

Smash Lord
lol :laugh: I like to be nice to people that are helping me
You know that freezes the game, right? >.<

short hop needle approach
Are all our new members dumb? or just the Lucario maining ones?

DACUS!!!!! XD

Hahahaa, okay I had my laugh.

I like to crawl or come with an aerial approach, granted, Shiek isn't exactly great when enemies are below her, so Bair or Fair approaches might be your best answer.
1. I personally hate DACUS hype.
2. Fair is not a viable approach, only character dependant on people without a fast response, or unless you know it will hit. Spaced Bairs and Autocancel Nairs->Jab or Ftilt or Utilt...

bair is the best, and fair is a little character dependant but also a strong approach. don't approach with nair... don't.
Um... Nair isn't all that bad... I agree Bair is infinitely better, and I probably even use Fair more as an approach (Yes, hypocricy) but, in my experience, I can Nair to jabs quite often, especially when they are not expecting that particular approach after a horde of Bair.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
auto canceled nair = you being sheild grabbed.

sweet bair and fair will push characters away while they are in sheild making it an excellent approach even in front of shields.

dash attack is a good way to punish a spot dodge, roll or attack on reaction. it's also good for hitting people as they land.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I don't recommend using n-air to approach. Save it for the kill. b-air works better for approach and isn't as strong anyway.

Dash > Sheild works well with her, but make sure you time it and completely depress the R button.

If your opponent is airborne, spacing an f-tilt lock is a good way to go. I've seen it used by the good guys many times.

Error!!!

Smash Rookie
I would keep short hopping Fair then when yu get in range either shield then D-smash or just F-smash.

Top Bottom