• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Apparantly* No EU Brawl until Autumn ("Debunked")

Edds

Smash Ace
meh. ive got an ntsc wii and preordered ssbb over here in england so i dont have to wait for 2195 fall.

espio87

Smash Ace
Still, your situation is not worse than here. It seems that South America doesn't even exist for videogame companies. The Wiis here are imported from USA and the customs literally kill us.
The Wii costs U$S250 in the US. The current currency in my country is the Argentinian Peso.
1 dollar= 3.15 argentinian pesos. So wiis should cost around $750. But they cost between $2600 and $3000. Getting a wii is almost impossible here if you are a middle class citizen.:mad:
At least you can buy a Wii at a reasonable price.
Then they wonder why there's so much piracy in the videogame industry. Its their fault because they don't even care about the poorer countries that can't import their consoles.

Diggerzz

Smash Cadet
yeah nintendo where *******s and they are becoming even bigga *******s because they are flashed from their huge win with their ****ty worthless casual games they make for pedophiles and under 60 IQ parents. we all know how SMALL AND POOR europe is who would by wii games here. Germany or french ... nononoOo they are sooo poor omg ... and england WOOO the poorest country in the world.....k enough sarcasm...this is just insane. nintendo has changed so badly. they have not a bit of a heart left :chuckle:
i dont even know wtf they want to reach with that whole shiat. europe is easy to please there are many pretty rich countries , one next to the other. shouldnt that force nintendo with their greedy bussines style to get europe the games at the same time, if not before japanese guys get them. They give so many countries disadvantages and are even too stupid to see how they could easily make more money, and thats what they want.

Diggerzz

Smash Cadet
now i know why they cant release it yet: sakurai ist just working on Dr. Sakurais enlargen ya ***** training for nintendo ds and he has no time for un-casual games like brawl to finish.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
now i know why they cant release it yet: sakurai ist just working on Dr. Sakurais enlargen ya ***** training for nintendo ds and he has no time for un-casual games like brawl to finish.
Sure to be a cult classic lol

j.rob

Smash Apprentice
...........WHAT!!

THATS IT!! I CANNOT TAKE THIS BULL**** ANYMORE. I HOPE IT WOULD NOT COME TO THIS BUT TIME IS MONEY WHICH NINTENDO DOSN'T SEEM TO GRASP WITH THE UK SINCE THE N64.

*Takes £40 that was saved for brawl and adds it to the Xbox 360 fund*

Only £30 more to go.

SO GO FORTH AND CONTINUE TO LICK JAPANESE AND AMERICAN *****.
WE WILL JUST BE HERE,SCREWING YOU OVER, CAUSING SH***Y N.O.E TO GO BUST THANKS TO US PLAYING OUR FLIPPIN XBOX'S ALL THE TIME.

THANKS FOR BEING SO ****IN GAY.

love
The United Kingdom
(yes nintendo. The uk. You remember us?)

ConeZone

Smash Ace
i wouldn't believe it..that is a very sketchy report there is no way europe is getting the game that late

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
I'm American and I'm still mad for you guys. After two, count 'em TWO delays you get to wait until effing autumn?

That's just not right.

Xenesis

Smash Journeyman
But why did you even buy the european wii in the first place? You KNEW that you would be getting games later then the rest of the world. This shouldn't be such a big suprise to you.
For 2006/Early 2007 the release dates were mostly within a month or two of the US releases, which is rather acceptable. They just started pulling this '6 months later' crap for new 2007/08 releases again.

Kind of basically a 'screw it we're not doing this anymore'.

CrossX

Smash Apprentice
The way I see it, if you guys go on strike? lol j/p but its hard to make light of this. This is a rather serious issue, they better give you guys/girls some special thing because of this. Because this is honestly unforgivable. What are they thinking.

unreon

Smash Ace
Yay, 1UP Yours podcast! Everyone download that because it's the best gaming podcast out there! Disclaimer: Not safe for work or suitable for children.

On topic: Oh wow. This is absolutely terrible. We Australians are bottom of the barrel again ='( Quick, someone start a petition, that'll get things running faster! gogogo!

White_Lightning

Smash Journeyman
I thought it was pretty ridiculous the way Brawl was delayed an entire month in the US, but only for another week in Japan. But if Europe really has to wait until Fall 2008 to get Brawl, that's just absurd.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
n topic: Oh wow. This is absolutely terrible. We Australians are bottom of the barrel again ='( Quick, someone start a petition, that'll get things running faster! gogogo!
There was a thread floating about that had a link to a petition that had been set up. It got locked.

IT'S A CONSPIRACY.

CrossX

Smash Apprentice
Wait a sec...I saw this. And then realized who said it. Reggie Fils-Aime, the same person who lied about the delays. Who said with complete confidence that it would not be in 2008. Lets just take a moment to reflect on Reggie and everything he taught us. Thats what makes me more reassured, as he might be lying again. So it might be earlier. But to the worst possible scenario...well I won't even mention it. Lets just hope this is one time Reggie is lying.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
When Reggie announced the US release date, he did not "lie". He told us what he knew, we have no reason to believe otherwise. It was delayed because it needed a delay. It happens with games. Reggie didn't lie.

EDIT: Oh, and I was the one who made the topic about the petition. :laugh:

EDIT2: @M3tr01D

For starters, it's too much hassle to import every game you want to play, and all hardware that isn't region free either. Also you would not have a warranty.

Also, the US doesn't have a VIP Stars for Wii Points system (free Wii Points, hell yeah)

But I have to remind myself that NoE are the physical reincarnation of Satan on earth.

unreon

Smash Ace
J.Rob, at least you're not Australian. We get things late and expensive. But even I'm glad that I'm not from Iceland. (kisses, Iceland =P)

hahaha, I didn't know people still made petitions about games. It's totally ********, nobody listens to them, specially not someone as invincible as Nintendo.

Cross, don't be stupid. Reggie doesn't "lie" at conferences. He gave us what was the honest release date at the time. Sakurai convinced Nintendo to push back the release date, because Brawl needed it. Don't be ignorant. (and everything else SuperLink said).

LunaEqualsLuna

Smash Apprentice
Easiest thing to do is import tbh.

I don't regret importing at all. Once i realised NoE were going to be stupid with regards to brawl, I just imported. If money isn't too big a deal then importing is the obvious route.

If it is, then i guess thats a lesson learnt regarding buying EU Pal consoles that are not region free. A lesson i learn the hard way. I wont buy a EU Pal console if its not region free i just get a japanese NTSC one instead.

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
ITT, American idiots and American carebears. I don't know which I like better. Oh, and the same goes for the Europeans.

At any rate, I'm believing this. It took us 6 months to get Melee, so it's probably the same for this. It was a huge ****-up by Nintendo then, and still is now.

Mazui

Smash Cadet
Zomg...

when i red this i got so mad i almost broke my controller >_<
Need to kill teh anger.

BUT HOW >=(

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Konami are also doing a worldwide release for MGS4, and that's better than Halo 3.

Anyway, the Hell with Nintendo's incompetence. I'm modding my Wii for now, importing American Smash then buying and American Wii later this year.

F*** you, Nintendo. You've lost your way.

cdilink

Smash Apprentice
It will come out in Europe on Christmas 09. I can feel it. Japan loves America. I guess that two nukes weren't enough.

Mazui

Smash Cadet
Konami are also doing a worldwide release for MGS4, and that's better than Halo 3.

Anyway, the Hell with Nintendo's incompetence. I'm modding my Wii for now, importing American Smash then buying and American Wii later this year.

F*** you, Nintendo. You've lost your way.

Hell yeah :mad:

Gaiash

Smash Cadet
You know what really bugs me. Here in the UK we only need the same vertion as the US, terms like Soccar instead of Football really aren't going to bother us in fact they'll probably keep all the American terms in the English part of the game. The thing that bugs me is that the game is made for all of Europe, which means we have that stupid language selection where United Kingdom is almost always at the bottom and all that is really changed is the language of the TEXT, I know this because the Dojo pages for other languages have the English video clips.

And if this isn't the case and we have an unchanged Brawl I'll be even more annoyed because it took so long to make no changes. Waiting one month after America is understandable but this is unreasonable.

Top Bottom