• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Apparantly* No EU Brawl until Autumn ("Debunked")

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
http://www.cubed3.com/news/9559

Believe it or not if you want. Personally I believe it, and I'm in a state of unimaginable anger. I don't expect any US/JP SWFers to understand my anger, because you'll never know what it's like to be playing your most anticipated game ever 7-8 months after the rest of the world have already got it.

Right now, I hate Nintendo SO much. Thanks to SWF's censor I can swear as much as I like without looking arrogant. **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****.[/halfrant]

If this turns out to be somehow fake or wrong, and we end up getting Brawl in May, I'll officially be... speechless.,

EDIT: Following the same link, we see Nintendo's response. Looks like 1Up just twisted Reggie's words. :p

Kr3w

Smash Journeyman
I thought someone said that you'll be getting it in June??
Oh well, still that sucks, just move to America

NDUDE

Smash Ace
I'm in America and I'm pissed FOR you...This is just not right! Hell, just import an American Wii so you can get Brawl in March. It's better to just import an American Wii so you could get other games earlier, too. Nintendo is just so cruel to Europe and Australia...Oh crap, Australia! At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised to see a 2009 release...D:

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
If Australia somehow get it earlier... I'm importing from there.

I WOULD import from US, but the problem is, I have tons of VC games on my UK Wii, and I don't have the money to buy another console. Also WiFi wouldn't work would it?

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I'd link a video but youtube is down.

Does December 3rd ring a bell? Considering he can't even get the release dates for his own country right, I'd personally not take anything he says about another region seriously.

In all honestly though, I'd wait for a bit more proof on that, mostly because Reggie has nothing to do with NOE.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
But the date Reggie said before ended up on the Dojo, and was there for a while, meaning Sakurai probably said "alright that's the release date" for a while. Sure Reggie makes mistakes, but I wouldn't be AT ALL surprised of this wasn't one. It would just be ****ING typical.

captainfalconmute

Smash Ace
until an official date is release by nintendo of europe themselves, im not going to believe any other rumoured released dates.

i rarely get very annoyed about something video-game related, as there are far more important things in life, but if this is true, i may have to make an exception.

we've all waited too long, not just europe. its getting beyond ridiculous

Diggerzz

Smash Cadet
this **** could turn out to be true..... n-zone , a german nintendo gaming magazine said on their webpage that when the heard the 6. june brawl release rumor, they asked nintendo and they replied that they have NO release date by now.....

INs4niTY-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Marouf
im still gona belive the june release date, which is alrdy agonizing....
it dnt seem official so wait till more comfermation.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I don't really see a reason for it to take that long.
this **** could turn out to be true..... n-zone , a german nintendo gaming magazine said on their webpage that when the heard the 6. june brawl release rumor, they asked nintendo and they replied that they have NO release date by now.....
The thing is, it's Nintendo of Europe. They don't think Europe WANTS Brawl, they'd much rather sell Wii Fit and Mario Kart, games that will appeal to the MASSES, because that's all they care about, I can imagine them there now, saying "lol ur lucky ur getting brawl at all europe".

Nintendo UK are denying everything.

Mazor

Smash Cadet
If Australia somehow get it earlier... I'm importing from there.

I WOULD import from US, but the problem is, I have tons of VC games on my UK Wii, and I don't have the money to buy another console. Also WiFi wouldn't work would it?
Yes it would work with WiFi.

I see no point in importing a different region wii and really don't understand why people keep reccomending it. Modchips are a much cheaper solutions for playing imports, I bought mine for only 100USD which is nothing compared to what it would cost to buy and import a wii from America/Japan. Even if you buy a modchip and import the game it will still cost you an insane lot of money though. It costed me a total of 200USD get both the modchip and import the game. Luckily for me I split the costs with my brother so I only had to pay 100USD. In my opinion it is better to pay 200USD then to wait until June/August however it is quite understandable if you don't want/can afford spending that much money.

There are no cons of having a foreign region modchipped compared to having a native region wii when playing smash. You won't have trouble with WiFi or anything else regardless of wheter you pick to wait until Europe release and buy a pal version, import a US/*** wii or get your current wii modchipped. Getting your wii modchipped would not erase anything already on your wii so you would keep your VC games.

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
If you want the game earlier then import the US or the JP system and game. Or just modify your Wii. Europe has ALWAYS gotten almost every single game later then the rest of the world. Why would you even make a topic like this, it just makes you look like an idiot. Why would you all of a sudden "expect" to get the game on time with the rest of the world when you have never had it happen before?

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
WTF

I Give Up

If you want the game earlier then import the US or the JP system and game. Or just modify your Wii. Europe has ALWAYS gotten almost every single game later then the rest of the world. Why would you even make a topic like this, it just makes you look like an idiot. Why would you all of a sudden "expect" to get the game on time with the rest of the world when you have never had it happen before?
Some of us don't **** money.

& if I buy another Wii my parents will think I'm smoking something.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Aw man, I feel for you guys, it might just be better to import an American Wii. I dont see why the online wouldnt work. It works for American players and European players who imported japanese Wiis to my knoledge.

Lets hope this isnt true anyway.

Im also glad I live in the US.. sorry guys :(

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
But why did you even buy the european wii in the first place? You KNEW that you would be getting games later then the rest of the world. This shouldn't be such a big suprise to you.

Mazor

Smash Cadet
But why did you even buy the european wii in the first place? You KNEW that you would be getting games later then the rest of the world. This shouldn't be such a big suprise to you.
I understand that you don't know this since you don't live in Europe but actually the planned release date for Europe was also in december last year, just like the American one.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
That just can´t be true! I won´t accept this! If things keep going this way I think that I´ll just take a smash hammer (I would use golden one but I don´t have Brawl) and knock myself unconsious for a year. That sounds better than waiting (and maybe SSBB european release date has even been announced by then!)

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Yep it's all our fault Nintendo can manage to release certain titles only weeks apart in US and UK but dillydally and take months over other games.

It's our fault we bought the Wii in our own country. We should go to the extra effort of importing, cos we're from Europe and we suck testicles.

Metallic_Igloo

Smash Apprentice
Well they got Strikers Charged 2 months before us, so some things they get earlier, but this still sucks more for them, sorry guys.

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
Yeah the planned date was the same and then it got DELAYED to hell. Just like games always do in Europe. By purchasing the US or JP console for just a little bit more you ensure that you get all the games you want to play as soon as possible.

Tell me, what advantages do you get by owning the European console? Do you know of any games that were released in Europe before they were released in the US or Japan? -Edit- nvm I guess they got strikers first. -Edit-

Why would you not just want to put out the extra money to buy a different system instead of make topics like this to ***** and complain.

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
Hmmm... It was Reggie that said it, correct? Why would Reggie give half a **** about Europes Brawl release date? Don't count this false, but don't exactly take it as law, either.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Yeah the planned date was the same and then it got DELAYED to hell. Just like games always do in Europe. By purchasing the US or JP console for just a little bit more you ensure that you get all the games you want to play as soon as possible.

Tell me, what advantages do you get by owning the European console? Do you know of any games that were released in Europe before they were released in the US or Japan? Why would you not just want to put out the extra money to buy a different system instead of make topics like this to ***** and complain.
You're completely right.

All Europeans who bought European Wiis are ignorant short sighted imbeciles. Nintendo should just stop selling stuff in Europe and thereby force us to import. In fact, stop all retail in Europe.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
I have the Nintendo magazine in the UK (March 2008) and Brawl will be out in the summer 08, (I can see June) Think about it, why wait till we go back in september to release Brawl? They will release it when the summer starts so the will be an EXPLOSION of stocks and income

Diggerzz

Smash Cadet
Hmm i calmed down in the last minutes after hearing the rumos now^^

I was googling like crazy and stuff and searched for some news bout brawl^^

now someone who actually was on this stupid game award whatever thing in france where they announced 6th june release said that he talked to some nintendo member there and he got told that work on brawl for europe is going faster than expected. Now it could be possible that theres a release BEFORE 6th june and not after. Besides there's nothing which exulpates that insanely long time until autumn cause they have nothing really big to do to release it.

EDIT: somethin for that import a wii topic:
Nintendo is the ****in company and they have to please the consumers and statisfy them. They should make games available everywhere at ABOUt the same time. If we have to import stuff from japan or america to actually just use the stuff the company makes withouth almost a year delay, something is wrong. so many people would like big n much more if they werent so short sighted and wouldnt do so many rookie mistakes. But their sight for their customers gets shorter and shorter, carried away by the tsunami of casual gaming :)

Metallic_Igloo

Smash Apprentice
It also looks like they are getting Mario Kart Wii up to a month before us. Japan on Apr 10, Europe on Apr 11, and some are thinking US but it looks like Australia is getting it on Apr 28. Then the US looks like May or even June, some say May 1.

naevorc

Smash Apprentice
Why don't you just order US version of brawl? Will it work on your wii?

timidshadow

Smash Apprentice
That must really suck for you guys over there... If that were my case I'd be so ****ing frustrated... I hope it's a lie for your sake/sanity. Stay strong and wait it out if it is true.

Top Bottom