• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Apparantly* No EU Brawl until Autumn ("Debunked")

IGN Forums

Smash Journeyman
the Release date still is June until DOJO changes it which will be an official release date but for now it is UNOFFICIAL!!

Diggerzz

Smash Cadet
well thats the problem the release never was really official it wasn't even announced on dojo or anywhere on nintendo's homepage.

Milos

Smash Lord
ugh have some faith in already proven to be reliable leakers. Nyasenya had a valid source, and he/she said that the release date would be may/june.

Diggerzz

Smash Cadet
if they only bring out a good excuse for the delay. if the excuse is "general difficulties"or some shiat like that they can suck me .....

cdilink

Smash Apprentice
Europe always has to wait ****ing months when a game is released first in America, but when it gets a game first, Americans whine despite getting most of games first and they have to wait only few days. Also, Europe got SMB2 JPN (Lost Levels) first, but only for few weeks, America got it few weeks later for ever.

Desu.

Smash Cadet
Europe always has to wait ****ing months when a game is released first in America, but when it gets a game first, Americans whine despite getting most of games first and they have to wait only few days. Also, Europe got SMB2 JPN (Lost Levels) first, but only for few weeks, America got it few weeks later for ever.
Mario Kart is coming to Europe first, I'm not whining. I couldn't care less honestly...

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
17 days was on wiki (I know bad source) and now it's not up.

But gamespot states it as 1st of may.

with the amount of $ Nintendo will make in the US expect a release before europes brawl release.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Oh snap, too bad for europeans... Luckily I'm getting it on march 9th and I'm living in asia! Btw who knows the US release date of Mario Kart Wii?

Kensei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kenseithomas
Ok wtf... If I knew how to get a modchip I'd do it right now...

I've coped with all the american delays on every other game in the world and even with some games not getting released anywhere else but this... this is just pushing the boundaries I'm not gonna wait half a year for a game thats already out and in english. Im gonna import or mod I don't care anymore...

Andromeda

Smash Lord
Yes it would work with WiFi.

I see no point in importing a different region wii and really don't understand why people keep reccomending it. Modchips are a much cheaper solutions for playing imports, I bought mine for only 100USD which is nothing compared to what it would cost to buy and import a wii from America/Japan. Even if you buy a modchip and import the game it will still cost you an insane lot of money though. It costed me a total of 200USD get both the modchip and import the game. Luckily for me I split the costs with my brother so I only had to pay 100USD. In my opinion it is better to pay 200USD then to wait until June/August however it is quite understandable if you don't want/can afford spending that much money.

There are no cons of having a foreign region modchipped compared to having a native region wii when playing smash. You won't have trouble with WiFi or anything else regardless of wheter you pick to wait until Europe release and buy a pal version, import a US/*** wii or get your current wii modchipped. Getting your wii modchipped would not erase anything already on your wii so you would keep your VC games.
Men det finns dem som vill vara på rätt sida om lagen också.

This sucks. But I still won't belive any releasedate until it shows up on the European Dojo.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
Oh snap, too bad for europeans... Luckily I'm getting it on march 9th and I'm living in asia! Btw who knows the US release date of Mario Kart Wii?
Sometime in May or June for Mario Kart Wii.

****, I'm glad I'm in America... if I wasn't I'd probably import it. Actually I would of imported the Japanese copy if I could understand the text.

okiyama

Smash Ace
iiiimmmmppppooorrrttt.

Seriously, haveing to wait 7-8 months is ridiculous. Importing to get the game only a month early for US vss Japan is a little off but 7-8 months would be worth it for most people.

PXG

Smash Journeyman
That's bull****. You guys pay more for your games, yet, get them MUUUUUUUUUCH later and sometimes, with cut or altered content. Its not just Nintendo, but MS and Sony too. Why? Why do our Euro/ PAL gaming buddies get the cold shoulder every single time. Its unfair and just wrong.

Kensei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kenseithomas
ok I've found out that modding is **** risky I guess I'll just have to wait...( not paying for a new wii and game)

I used to like nintendo, now they are worse than sony.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
WTF may or june for MK Wii??? Europe gets it on 11th april. I heard US is on 28th april.

captainfalconmute

Smash Ace
to all the people who are suggesting importing an american wii...

thats an insane idea. paying all that extra money to play one game. one game. thats it. its so over-the-top. all your other wii games you would play on your normal wii, buying a whole extra console to play one more game is ridiculous.

patience is the key. brawl isnt the world.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
NyaSenya said April/May, and I believed her for a while. But Somehow I'm inclined to believe Reggie more at the current time, since things can change, just like Nyasenya revealed a second delay.

Europe isn't getting Brawl until Autumn. September or October. That's the long and short of it, as far as I'm concerned. I might mod chip, I might import a US Wii and then sell it on when Brawl comes out in Britain, or I might end up totally ****ed up the *** by Nintendo of Europe for the rest of my life.

captainfalconmute

Smash Ace
NyaSenya said April/May, and I believed her for a while. But Somehow I'm inclined to believe Reggie more at the current time, since things can change, just like Nyasenya revealed a second delay.

Europe isn't getting Brawl until Autumn. September or October. That's the long and short of it, as far as I'm concerned. I might mod chip, I might import a US Wii and then sell it on when Brawl comes out in Britain, or I might end up totally ****ed up the *** by Nintendo of Europe for the rest of my life.
this isnt official. noone knows for certain whether reggie said that or not. we just dont know at this point.

Chexr

Smash Ace
Just means you gotta import a wii/smash. No biggie, I almost did just for the one month that japan had theirs. If you dont have enough money just sell the Wii you have now for it. Unless you want to play other games on it...lol...

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
1Up, other than comparing every game in the world to Halo 3, and saying games never do anything new for the series, while Halo 3 was obviously the most ingenious original game ever, would seem quite trustworthy. I don't see any reason they would lie about something like this.

EDIT: @ Chexr, yeah, I have 12 VC games on my Wii, and the Internet Channel. Selling my current Wii will make me lose a LOT of money :(

kirborg

Smash Cadet
Originally Posted by Mazor
Yes it would work with WiFi.

I see no point in importing a different region wii and really don't understand why people keep reccomending it. Modchips are a much cheaper solutions for playing imports, I bought mine for only 100USD which is nothing compared to what it would cost to buy and import a wii from America/Japan. Even if you buy a modchip and import the game it will still cost you an insane lot of money though. It costed me a total of 200USD get both the modchip and import the game. Luckily for me I split the costs with my brother so I only had to pay 100USD. In my opinion it is better to pay 200USD then to wait until June/August however it is quite understandable if you don't want/can afford spending that much money.

There are no cons of having a foreign region modchipped compared to having a native region wii when playing smash. You won't have trouble with WiFi or anything else regardless of wheter you pick to wait until Europe release and buy a pal version, import a US/*** wii or get your current wii modchipped. Getting your wii modchipped would not erase anything already on your wii so you would keep your VC games.
I disagree. Modding chips are a risky business, and that's in the case that you're lucky enough to have a wii that supports it. I'd like to believe that I've done my research and importing for me at least seems like the better choice. In total it cost my and brother 175$ each, and for that I get a second wii that will work unconditionally. No messing around with updates, waiting for a team to release a compatible method. It's safe and the money difference isn't that big (especially considering you can sell for probably half the price which doesn't leave a that much of a loss). Also, the fact that I can import all future japanese releases without a hassle is a great advantage. Not too mention some games that don´t even work with wiikey or other modchips.

AerionTOFAST4U

Smash Apprentice
Oh god...the anger is popping......im....bursting..soon..........nyargh....:dizzy: ......Nintendo...
.... * bursts hard * YOU MOTHER****ING ****S WHAT THE **** ?? YOUR JUST A BUNCH OF GANG-*****-*****-SLAPPED-SPACE-GOAT-****IN'-FATHER****ERS!!!!!! WHY DO YOU ALWAYS TAKE A BIG DUMP ON US??? WHAT THE FLYING ****?? YOU ****ERS DONT HAVE A ****ING HEARTH GO ****ING DIE IN A MOTHER****ING HOLE!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: **** **** ****ETY **** FUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PIECE OF CRAP **** BULL**** I SWEAR TO GOD I REGRET EVER BUYING NINTENDO GAMES YOU JUST WANT YOUR **** MOTHER****ING MONEY AND WHEN : Uhh guys lol imma believe ssbb wont sell good in EU kk? * * kk guys lets take a dump on them and release the game some months later lol gg * WELL WHAT THE ****???!!!! IM GONNA ****ING **** YOU REGGIE! IM GONNA **** YOU WITH THE ****ING ATARI 5200 CONTROLLER!!!! THAT'S RIGHT!! NOW GO ****ING DIE IN A HOLE YOU TWO FACED ***GOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad:

......:urg: ...oh god.... I'm gonna cry myself to sleep

WeXzuZ

Smash Apprentice
To be honest, I dont give a **** if we are getting Mario Kart Wii. It's just not the same..
Nintendo needs to realize how ****ING annoying it is to live in Europe, and they still keep on pissing us off.
Seriously, are they racists? At least they could have given us an IDEA of when the game is released when they gave America a release date...
Im guessing on 9th March for Europeans... 2009 that is.

I saw some places, that the release was 6th (or was it 7th) June, while IGN as an example says May 2008.
Personally, if Europe doesn't get Brawl before or during the summer holidays.. I will get really dissapointed of Nintendo.. Now where is the "Sega does, what Nintendon't" slogan when you need it...?

What makes me feel worse is... What is going to be the release for Australia?
/endrant

Thanks to everyone, feeling with us European people.

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
Oh god...the anger is popping......im....bursting..soon..........nyargh....:dizzy: ......Nintendo...
.... * bursts hard * YOU MOTHER****ING ****S WHAT THE **** ?? YOUR JUST A BUNCH OF GANG-*****-*****-SLAPPED-SPACE-GOAT-****IN'-FATHER****ERS!!!!!! WHY DO YOU ALWAYS TAKE A BIG DUMP ON US??? WHAT THE FLYING ****?? YOU ****ERS DONT HAVE A ****ING HEARTH GO ****ING DIE IN A MOTHER****ING HOLE!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: **** **** ****ETY **** FUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PIECE OF CRAP **** BULL**** I SWEAR TO GOD I REGRET EVER BUYING NINTENDO GAMES YOU JUST WANT YOUR **** MOTHER****ING MONEY AND WHEN : Uhh guys lol imma believe ssbb wont sell good in EU kk? * * kk guys lets take a dump on them and release the game some months later lol gg * WELL WHAT THE ****???!!!! IM GONNA ****ING **** YOU REGGIE! IM GONNA **** YOU WITH THE ****ING ATARI 5200 CONTROLLER!!!! THAT'S RIGHT!! NOW GO ****ING DIE IN A HOLE YOU TWO FACED ***GOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad:

......:urg: ...oh god.... I'm gonna cry myself to sleep

Staco

Smash Champion
I heard that nintendo delaied the autumn termin!
and it will come in 6th june again
I think reggie only said sth. wrong
maybe for him june in europe is autumn, because american dont know much about europe? xD

Brawleri

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna mod my wii. And i'm dead serious. This is not fun anymore, we don't deserve this kind of bull****. This made my glass overflow...

Staco

Smash Champion
lets kill nintendo! <<
if at the end of it all ssbb dont comes in europe I will smash my wii, make a video of it and buy a xbox360!!! <<

Top Bottom