• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aposl Presents: X Games 3; Aposl's 24th Birthday! All I want is your presence!

godslafco

Smash Cadet
JHU peeps, if you can get in contact with me I should have space in my vehicle, I'm from Mt. Washington

Myself and another player from Johns Hopkins would like to come to this. Unfortunately, we don't have enough money for a taxi.

It would be amazing if someone (CTL, maybe) could pick us up from Hopkins before Melee singles start, and drop us off afterwards.

We're about 20 minutes away:
http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=3...=3921+Vero+Road,+Baltimore,+M&mra=ls&t=m&z=13

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
lmao forgetful4lyphe

I was about to say JHU guys ask jrugs how he gets here, he's going to class at the art school on north avenue.

see you all there!

Also, don't forget about my controllers. To make things easier, i've rounded it off

All controllers are $15 (purple, black, orange, silver) except for the Indigo/clear which is 20. Still a very good price as they are all in VERY good shape.
The cheapo controller I have is also for sale- 8 bucks.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
any one coming to xanadu today, please bring Tvs. Some of the ones here aren't working

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
And to all you Melee players who are currently flaking, NJ came out to this(Cactuar included) I hope you feel bad if you flaked

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Full Results (Aposl, feel free to copy pasta)

Melee Doubles:

1. Mew2King and Cactaur
2. Plank and Hat
3. Voodoo and Fears
4. BigWenz and CTL
5. DosV and Btree
5. Hot Energy (do not know who the players were)

Melee Singles: (17 entrants)

(the bracket online is incomplete, so i'm going to guess the top 3)

1. ChuDat?
2. Cactaur?
3. Mew2King?
4. Plank
5. Wenbo
5. HAT
7. DosV
7. Btree
9. Dkuo
9. Zero
9. AfroBandit
9. Inui
13. Fortune
13. Amen
13. Big Wenz
13. King of Cereal
17. raftbuilder (not plank)

Brawl Doubles

1. ESAM and Mekos
2. ChuDat and Boss
3. Inui and Mew2King
4. Lie and Logic
5. Pitzer and Luckay
5. Sin and Deez
7. EE + ESOJ
7. Archer + DarkFlame
9. D1AOS + Rubberbandman
9. Quincy + Delvon

Brawl Singles (34 entrants)

(again, guessing the top 3)

1. Mew2King :metaknight: ???
2. ESAM :pikachu2: ???
3. Logic :olimar: ???
4. ChuDat :kirby2:
5. Inui :metaknight::peach:
5. Coney :ness2::dedede:
7. Luckay :pit:
7. Mekos :lucas:
9. Archer :toonlink:
9. Lie :metaknight::olimar:
9. Poyo :metaknight:
9. D1AOS :sonic:
13. Tantalus :metaknight:
13. Iota :wario:
13. Kenny :pikachu2::snake:
13. Zanna :snake:
17. Jrugs :snake:
17. Pitzer :pit:
17. EEvisu :metaknight:
17. Darkflame :popo:
17. Serynder (Lol.) :metaknight::jigglypuff:
17. Otime ?
17. Deez :diddy:
17. 2fast :snake:
25. Sin :metaknight:
25. Btree :zerosuitsamus:
25. GIMR :gw:
25. Smokey Da Bear :yoshi2:
25. Rubberbandman :popo:
25. Killanator ???
25. Izic (strans? lolololol) :fox:
25. O Don Piano ??
33. Lobos :toonlink:
33. Papero ???

Shoutouts will be in results thread.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Good question. All I know is I had him on the ropes. I'm really disappointed I lost game 3, and he got 2-0d by Inui. He probably would have crushed me with diddy

:phone:

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Lie went Diddy vs Chu game 1 n 3 and lost, I don't think he won any games with Diddy.

Shout outs when the results are up, this was mad fun even though I got *****, glad NC n some NJ made it.

:017:

KingofCereal

Smash Journeyman
Despite the Berlin Wall of Brawl v. Melee with maybe 3 people crossing over, and everyone playing melee quietly instead of getting hype watching finals, and a little bracket messiness this was a good time. I enjoyed M2K's neverending quest for the perfect controller, and the zillions of losses I suffered at the hands of every Fox, Falco, and Falcon in the land. Good **** Aposl and all the other guys running the show.
Next time DK ditto money matches.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Oh and there are links to all the brackets here:

http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp
Thanks for posting the bracket Tant, now I know what tourney sets were recorded on my setup.

To anyone who played MMs on the setup with the recording laptop (Brawl), let me know and I'll upload them. I already cut out/edited my tournament sets from the recording and I'll be doing the rest today/tomorrow.

All my uploads are going to my channel

http://youtube.com/KirbysDreamLand3

CTL17

Smash Lord
Looking at the melee bracket, location seeding could have been better: Wenbo vs dkuo and DosV vs BTree are very questionable first round matches. But I guess they were fine with it. Thanks for hosting, guys.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Yo, M2K was on fire this tournament O.o he got a good controller and now I'm scared for the US again.

BigWenz

Smash Ace
Next time, dont randomly add people in after you have started the damn tournament. I understand you guys were busy with brawl or watever, which is fine, just say you need someone to bring a laptop to run the melee side of it. What you shouldn do is start the tournament, have everyone play their first round matches then say, oh btw we changed the bracket cause we added another person after all the first round matches were played. That **** is not ok.

Coney

Smash Master
Thanks for posting the bracket Tant, now I know what tourney sets were recorded on my setup.

To anyone who played MMs on the setup with the recording laptop (Brawl), let me know and I'll upload them. I already cut out/edited my tournament sets from the recording and I'll be doing the rest today/tomorrow.

All my uploads are going to my channel

http://youtube.com/KirbysDreamLand3
ey it's kenny. let me see my set with inui. i think i did like one cool thing and i wanna see if it was actually cool or not. ty :)

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Looking at the melee bracket, location seeding could have been better: Wenbo vs dkuo and DosV vs BTree are very questionable first round matches. But I guess they were fine with it. Thanks for hosting, guys.
it was DOSV vs HAT but yeah you're right. But it's kinda my bad since I meant to help seed Melee but only did teams. I wanted to do Melee singles, but whenever I tried going over after a while there were always too many people by the laptop, so i got shooed away when I did walk over lol.

But Aposl was lookin for people to help seed, so yeah some other Melee people should've gone over before it started.

BigWenz

Smash Ace
it was DOSV vs HAT but yeah you're right. But it's kinda my bad since I meant to help seed Melee but only did teams. I wanted to do Melee singles, but whenever I tried going over after a while there were always too many people by the laptop, so i got shooed away when I did walk over lol.

But Aposl was lookin for people to help seed, so yeah some other Melee people should've gone over before it started.

plank did the seeding, that bracket was not the original bracket, as we played (what we were told to be) our first round match. They added i believe, inui, in after the first round was done and decided to just restart the tournament.

Fortune

Smash Journeyman
Next time, dont randomly add people in after you have started the damn tournament. I understand you guys were busy with brawl or watever, which is fine, just say you need someone to bring a laptop to run the melee side of it.
Completely agree. Once the bracket starts, it's best to just leave it be regardless of the circumstances.

GGs to everyone I played in and out of tournament. A lot of fun matches throughout the day. Shoutouts to BTree for showing me some legit Samus.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Good stuff in all the matches we played, and tourney set Fortune.

And damn Wenz lol. There were multiple laptops there too, so we def could've just ran Melee on another one if they were down. Since Brawl and Melee were blatantly segregated anyway, we couldve just had a Melee laptop on that side. lol

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
ey it's kenny. let me see my set with inui. i think i did like one cool thing and i wanna see if it was actually cool or not. ty :)
Okay, it's uploaded! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqKJ_Gkrr5k

I found 2 games of Boss vs Archer, Archer vs D1AOS and Boss vs Luckay each. These look like sets, but I'm not sure, I only skimmed through what I recorded because I recorded over 9 hours and obviously can't look at it all. Can anyone confirm if these were friendlies or MMs? If they were MMs (would like to know for how much as well), I'll upload them, I don't want to upload friendlies. XD

I've uploaded all the singles bracket matches I have. I'll record/upload some MM replays I saved on my Wii, then any doubles bracket matches I have will be uploaded after that.

archer.

Smash Lord
Me vs. Boss was a MM ($5 if you wanna put that), vs D1AOS was friendlies.

Top Bottom