• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex Legends Mafia: Boosted GAME OVER Who won?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
So player A is trying to kill Player B. Player C has a bus drive (Boom's ability) and Player E has a roleblock. Players C and B are town. Player C wants to stop scum from killing player B, but knows their is a roleblock and knows that scum know the bus drive exists due to mass claim. So since Player C anticipates the roleblock coming, he targets himself and player A so the roleblock blocks the kill instead.
I know what I did and this example made me confused...

Also, for the record it's a one way bus drive not a both ways swap.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Well, who do the conftown want to lynch?
Coward. We decide first then they judge us for it. Who do you think is scum?

Why did you vote Triss over Fonti when you had both pegged as scum?

Why did you go against the will of the high judges and not vote for me?

Eido

Smash Journeyman
So we're looking for Bessie's partner first, right? I'll do a reread tonight.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I mean, I assume the NE was to make me look bad. Fonti trusted me at the last minute and it's possible we would have reconciled. I don't think we would have, but this kill eliminates the possibility and sets me up nicely.
honestly I found Fonti switching last minute something I was going to grill them on today because it made little sense for that turn last minute.

where did they say they trusted you?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
So we're looking for Bessie's partner first, right? I'll do a reread tonight.
I think we have to assume Bessie was bussed. We've gotten this wrong repeatedly which means some basic assumption is flawed. Look for unnatural reads, possibly people who found her scummy too easily.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I choose two players, and redirect all actions targeting one to target the other. Anything that was targeted at me last night hit Vic.
Because if I get roleblocked then protecting Eido does nothing. But if I'm roleblocked and redirect myself onto the killer I can stop the kill. I choose the less expected plan.
wolf

Vote: Boomfrog

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
#HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame Why did you spend so much time on the Bessie analysis and almost miss the EoD debate? Especially since you thought we had an hour less then we did.
what does this mean, I was literally there for the entire EoD and actively participating? I just didn't come off triss because I hate rewarding "I quit" AtE and the slot was too risky to bring to endgame anyway

Malakandra

Smash Lord
The assumed theory FF is redirecting the roleblock onto the person doing the killing. I suck at explaining this though so maybe I'm getting it wrong. But I assume the fear is since we've claimed, if boom is town, then scum know he has a redirect and we suspect scum have a role block, so if he tried to redirect the kill instead, he may get roleblocked. But if he redirects himself to who he thinks is doing the kill if he gets roleblocked he can roleblock the kill.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
What Mala said. I literally laid out exactly why I did it. If I'm roleblocked I literally have no ability to redirect the kill. Mafia chooses and I have to outguess them.

wolf

Vote: Boomfrog
You are experienced enough to know it's reckless to actually vote early in MYLO. This rushing to vote is uncharacteristic.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I understand mechanically how depending on how chaco does his NAR that your redirect, if it is resolved BEFORE a scum roleblock, would be the only way to stop the kill, by bouncing the presumed attempt to roleblock you back at the roleblocker, who you also assume is going to be the killer I guess?

first of all, why would the scum ever but all their eggs in one basket like that knowing you had a possible redirect read? they would kill with one slot and rb with the other to prevent something like that from happening

I also understand from your forced PoE, redirecting to vic makes sense, and as such, you should recognize how from my pov, PoE makes you the obvious play today

I get why you did what you did, it's just that only scum would be in the position to have to do that

you can say the early vote is reckless, and in a vacuum it is, but we're not in a vacuum here. PoE from last phase dictated there had to be scum in you/fonti/triss. fonti and triss have both flipped town. Fonti was adamant that you're a bingo. My paranoia of turbo snow fonti style redux was the only thing really keeping me from switching to you yesterday because I was afraid of triss/fonti together as mates. I now know that that is not the case. That leaves you. You're not wiggling out of this, I will thunderdome you all phase to avenge fonti.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
By moving her vote off me. Trust is too strong a word though. Trusted me more then Triss, but not like actually trusted.
3EED3AE8-2406-46F8-8555-168895333358.jpeg

what?! That is not trusting you or anything concrete to that.

Frankly I don’t know why Fonti moved off you since you were on the chopping block in the event of a tie. Fonti was near 100% on the AtE being legit fro trisscar.

What also makes little sense is Fonti Dying before eido in my eyes. But you said you did it here to move it off Eido? Ok so PoE if you think Fonti trusted you, why did you pick Fonti instead of FF or Vic since they are also in that question mark area.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
#HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame Vicarin Vicarin if there is 3 scum in the game who is number 3?
From my POV:

4. Eido - confirmed town (cant be scum outside of ******* modding)
5. Vicarin - partially confirmed claim with solid protown intent on the choice of target
9. Red Ryu - probably some kind of indy (can't be scum unless turbo bus all in strat on bessie)
11. Somitomi BoomFrog - scum
13. Malakandra - confirmed town (can't be scum outside of ******* modding)

that means it has to be either boom/RR with some crazy ****ing D1 theatre and a turbo bus strat re: bessie, or its boom/vic and vic just threw away the scums vanillize ability for town clout because we misyeeted the tracker D1 and the scum figured that was one of the most powerful town roles and could prob make due with just roleblocking troublesome powers from then on out instead of saving the vannilize for hopefully something "bigger" so to speak. would not surprise me at all that scum!vic would do the obvious free tempo move and vanillize the IC for free confirmation of PART of his claimed ability from the IC and have a strong place to argue that the move is textbook protown for tempo. with tracker out of the game, and scum!boom knowing he has self watch and his mate bessie was the true watcher, AND with scum likely being provided the fake claim of parity cop (which was bessie's fake claim), scum knew that there probably couldn't be any more strong investigative roles in the game and so spending the vanillize for town cred had a higher EV than saving it to sabotage down the line

either way, PoE says it has to be boom. we yeet him today and figure out the last mate after but ultimately I think this should be easy because scum utterly ****ed themselves not dealing with the cleared slots lmao

Malakandra

Smash Lord
i’m not as sure about that.

I feel like most poisoners will inform the player they have been poisoned.
This is fair, but I think its the only thing that makes sense. For one Chaco has deliberately given us as little info as possible, not telling us about MYLO/LYLO, not telling us about the results of actions and not giving us full flips in case someone was lying about their abilities as town. So I can see it in character to not tell people about poisonings. It explains the No Elim night 1, Xivii and Fonti, the two weird kills, have the same flavor death and they make much more sense in the light of a poisoner.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
ugh... this is going to be herculean.

Fonti was near 100% on the AtE being legit fro trisscar.
Right, exactly, and then at the end she moved her vote from me to Triss. That means she trusted Triss a lot, and then decided to trust me more. Therefore she trusted me.

However, to be fair, she did not 100% trust Trisscar's AtE, she was waffling on it. So that means she didn't 100% trust me, but she trusted me some.

What also makes little sense is Fonti Dying before eido in my eyes. But you said you did it here to move it off Eido?
I didn't move the kill. Mafia shot Fonti. Why would I shoot Fonti? If I'm scum she was my best chance at a missyeet.

From my POV:

4. Eido - confirmed town (cant be scum outside of ******* modding)
5. Vicarin - partially confirmed claim with solid protown intent on the choice of target
9. Red Ryu - probably some kind of indy (can't be scum unless turbo bus all in strat on bessie)
11. Somitomi BoomFrog - scum
13. Malakandra - confirmed town (can't be scum outside of ******* modding)

that means it has to be either boom/RR with some crazy ****ing D1 theatre and a turbo bus strat re: bessie, or its boom/vic and vic just threw away the scums vanillize ability for town clout because we misyeeted the tracker D1 and the scum figured that was one of the most powerful town roles and could prob make due with just roleblocking troublesome powers from then on out instead of saving the vannilize for hopefully something "bigger" so to speak. would not surprise me at all that scum!vic would do the obvious free tempo move and vanillize the IC for free confirmation of PART of his claimed ability from the IC and have a strong place to argue that the move is textbook protown for tempo. with tracker out of the game, and scum!boom knowing he has self watch and his mate bessie was the true watcher, AND with scum likely being provided the fake claim of parity cop (which was bessie's fake claim), scum knew that there probably couldn't be any more strong investigative roles in the game and so spending the vanillize for town cred had a higher EV than saving it to sabotage down the line

either way, PoE says it has to be boom. we yeet him today and figure out the last mate after but ultimately I think this should be easy because scum utterly ****ed themselves not dealing with the cleared slots lmao
And in this grand master plan, why did I shoot Fonti?

we yeet him today and figure out the last mate after
This is MYLO. There is no figure it out later. Figure it out later is to save effort if I flip town. When I flip town the game is over. We need to have an exact solve toDay. No hand waving. There's no extra info coming.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Xivii, Rampart, Town Gunsmith, has bled out in the Night.
Ryker, Bangalore, Town Mason, has been blown to bits!
Crypto, Fontisian, Town Hacker bled out.
Vicarin Vicarin The type of kill is relevant to the method of kill. Example would be downs from lynches and Bessie getting killed by a Kraber from vig shot.
Alright, yeah, I think Mala is right. Mafia's factional kill is "bled out" and delayed, and they probably had a one shot immediate kill and there's no SK.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
And in this grand master plan, why did I shoot Fonti?
because you knew she would thunderdome you the minute this phase started and you were afraid of losing that 1v1

or because she was killed by an indy and the scum shot was somehow blocked/scum!you tried to kill mala to call vic's bluff if it's town!vic, or you DID shoot RR and he's lying about still having his totem, or there's some other unclaimed ability floating out there that ****ed with the scum kill, etc

This is MYLO.
you know this for sure how exactly? without knowing the exact anti town comp this is impossible to know for sure especially if we're dealing with 2 scum and 1 sk

There is no figure it out later. Figure it out later is to save effort if I flip town. When I flip town the game is over. We need to have an exact solve toDay. No hand waving. There's no extra info coming.
you won't flip town, and we absolutely do not need an exact solve today. you are trying to distract us from very obvious PoE

if you flip scum we go into N4 5 alive, likely 1 scum 1 indy. if both can kill tomorrow and both go thru on town targets is 2 v 1 v 1 which is kingmakery and weird but given the no double kill I think our indy either has limited ability to kill OR ryker kill was just a strong man and its just a 3 man scum team which puts us in 4v1 world upon your scum flip, scum gets their NK for worst case 2v1 endgame

point is we don't need an exact solve at all, and any yeet other than you is absolutely moronic

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
because you knew she would thunderdome you the minute this phase started and you were afraid of losing that 1v1
You know I know that my chances here now are worse then thunderdoming Fonti. The confirmed townies were moving to speed yeet her yestderDay.

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
Coward. We decide first then they judge us for it. Who do you think is scum?

Why did you vote Triss over Fonti when you had both pegged as scum?

Why did you go against the will of the high judges and not vote for me?
Lol, I think there's a decent chance that all 3 of you are scum, as I said earlier. In which case, I really don't care much who dies first (though hitting Mafia is preferable). If there's no SK, I'd say Red Ryu is the least likely Mafia member, but I could see a bessie-frozen-red team where he feels boxed in to killing a partner.

Answer to both questions is that the double vote was a gigantic liability if Trisscar was scum, and they hadn't used it in a townie way?

Anyway, seeing as ties are broken by who reaches half of the votes first, this game may come down to which side can set up coordinated votes each day as soon as the day starts.

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
Chaco Chaco From the OP, the Mafia wincon requires outnumbering. Does this mean that the winner of an endgame of 2 people with 1 Town and 1 Mafia would be the person who votes first?

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
Oh shoot, the wording of that Mafia wincon means there can't be an SK, derp. Going to think more about who my last town buddy has to be then...

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
I mean, it'd be technically possible if they could be endgamed in some weird spots by mafia, but I'm not betting on it.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Lol, I think there's a decent chance that all 3 of you are scum, as I said earlier. In which case, I really don't care much who dies first (though hitting Mafia is preferable). If there's no SK, I'd say Red Ryu is the least likely Mafia member, but I could see a bessie-frozen-red team where he feels boxed in to killing a partner.
So, you just proved there's no SK, in both of your mafia scenarios Frozen is scum. Would you vote Frozen with me?

Top Bottom