• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex Legends Mafia: Boosted GAME OVER Who won?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I still have my BP, I never was shot last night.

I wanna yeet Boom but I wanna see if anyone has some info on the table of what happened since anyone over Eido is not something I expected.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
just got out of a calc exam like 5 min ago so gonna be checked out for a bit but wtf. Hard agree thats gotta be some sort of delayed kill or redirect. Maybe scum have an even night strongman and a poison every night?

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
Why on earth would they strongman Ryker and confirm Eido when they could have just strongmanned you and get me basically autolynched? Pretty sure they don't have anything that goes through protectives.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Bro there better just be 1 mafia and and SK because who tf is the other mafia. My theory over night was Fonti Vic but uh thats not it clearly.

We can Total clear me and Eido

that leaves Vic, Boom, Ryu, FF

Vic - has the claim going for him which I'm thinking is less now because scum might have had him and a poisoner and Xivii for claiming protective night 1 and vanillaized me and were planning to use the no death claim as defense.

Boom - Claimed JOAT in scum due to PoE and stances

RYU - shot Bessie probably not scum maybe third party

FF - Either FF has gotten way better at their scum tone after playing town last game or they are just town.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Why on earth would they strongman Ryker and confirm Eido when they could have just strongmanned you and get me basically autolynched? Pretty sure they don't have anything that goes through protectives.
might just be a normal kill, also scum team probably knows I can't solve for **** so me confirmed town isn't that much of an issue

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
Still less places to hide for scum if you're around, even if you think you have literally 0 solving ability.

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
This also means that literally everyone on the wam wagon was town, fml.

Oh yeah, when you're claiming whether you used your redirect BoomFrog BoomFrog , could you also give as detailed a description of how it exactly works without directly quoting? Thanks.

Eido

Smash Journeyman
At least we can see stronger evidence now to suggest Bessie was undermining Town friendships. Fonti / UP makes that clear.

There's a number of people she undermined, and Frozen was one of them. I need to reread, but there's a clue there.

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Boom threw Vic's name out as someone he wouldn't mind yeeting 3 hours before deadline.

Is this a clue they are not aligned together?

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Hang on, before I keep going, there's only 2 Mafia? Really?

Can someone explain the numbers?

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Ok, haven't been endgamed, so 3 Mafia remaining is off the table.

Remaining Players -

2 Mafia 1 SK - Derp, there's 3 non-confirmed players to me, gotta be all of them. Last night was probably a delayed kill while the other was blocked by FrozenFlame or Red Ryu as SK. Going to make voting interesting if this is the situation.

1 Mafia 1 SK - 2 Mafia total in a 14 player game seems cruel, not likely. Ditto for just 1 Mafia remaining.

2 Mafia - 3 Mafia total in 14 players is juuust possible if they've got an extra kill or two up their sleeve, rereading D2 to work out what probably happened in this situation.
Actually this is fine. I'm being dumb.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
thats 6 alive. so if there was 3 mafia, we would have lost because 3 mafia and 3 town means they can force tie the vote and kill.

sniped but I shall post this for pride

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Boom threw Vic's name out as someone he wouldn't mind yeeting 3 hours before deadline.

Is this a clue they are not aligned together?
imo no, Boom is good enough to be able to distance effectively.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Also its likely we are in MYLO/LYLO. (MYLO is if we yeet incorrectly we lose but we can no yeet, LYLO we have to yeet correctly or lose) Because if we yeet incorrectly here and they kill one we lose, but if we no yeet, they might be able to kill 2 and we still lose.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
I choose two players, and redirect all actions targeting one to target the other. Anything that was targeted at me last night hit Vic.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Like, why not protect Eido, seeing as they'd be the obvious kill? And why shift the targeting onto me?
Because if I get roleblocked then protecting Eido does nothing. But if I'm roleblocked and redirect myself onto the killer I can stop the kill. I choose the less expected plan.

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
You spell it out to me if you think you've got a decent argument, cause I'm not seeing one.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
The mafia have two choices, roleblock me or don't roleblock me.

If they don't role block me then my best move is to redirect from a townie (almost certainly Eido) to scum. (I would also certainly have targeted Fonti)

If they roleblock me I have only one choice, redirect from myself onto someone scummy but who also feels like they are less likely to be targeted then their partner and therefore chooses to execute the NE. I guessed the team was Fonti-Vic and Vic would execute the kill. So that's why I targeted you with the redirect.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
I mean, I assume the NE was to make me look bad. Fonti trusted me at the last minute and it's possible we would have reconciled. I don't think we would have, but this kill eliminates the possibility and sets me up nicely.

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
Fonti would have been chosen to die N2 after wam got executed if it's a poisoner, which makes significantly more sense. Why would Eido be an obvious target over Fonti in that case?

If you're getting targeted by the roleblocker, then you have to target them in order to not get messed up, no? In which case why target me? Did you think I was a RBer?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
If you're getting targeted by the roleblocker, then you have to target them in order to not get messed up, no? In which case why target me? Did you think I was a RBer?
The general rule is if their is conflict then the mod has a preset priority order of which action wins. If the roleblock wins then nothing I can do matters. If my redirect wins then as long as I redirect the roleblock away from me then I'm not roleblocked.

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
Actually, given your description of how the ability works, if you're redirecting from yourself onto anyone else, you can't get RBed because your target will be instead, making your justification of targeting me completely irrelevant. Why not target Fonti?

Malakandra

Smash Lord
So player A is trying to kill Player B. Player C has a bus drive (Boom's ability) and Player E has a roleblock. Players C and B are town. Player C wants to stop scum from killing player B, but knows their is a roleblock and knows that scum know the bus drive exists due to mass claim. So since Player C anticipates the roleblock coming, he targets himself and player A so the roleblock blocks the kill instead.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
where are you getting this from?
She moved her vote from me to Triss because I said I'd rather die then vote Triss. She thwarted even my wish for death. At minimum she thought Triss was more likely to flip scum. Hopefully she was willing to defend me even if Triss flipped town otherwise we would end up in this situation anyway.

Top Bottom