• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex Legends Mafia: Boosted GAME OVER Who won?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Chaco Chaco From the OP, the Mafia wincon requires outnumbering. Does this mean that the winner of an endgame of 2 people with 1 Town and 1 Mafia would be the person who votes first?
No scum would win due to ability to kill in a no majority situation, which is nothing can prevent the outcome.

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
Scum Teams:

Bessie/FrozenFlame/BoomFrog - Explains everything fairly straightforwardly, except for the big ol' bus at the end of D1. Would be risky play, but at this point it's a decent possibility.

Bessie/BoomFrog/Red Ryu - Kinda hard to explain why Red didn't get "convinced" by town to shoot FrozenFlame, especially since they were basically double claiming their ability. May have felt that switching would get Xivii to tunnel on them for the rest of the game for not shooting who he wanted dead?

Bessie/FrozenFlame/Red Ryu -Would help explain why Red shot Bessie, seeing as they had a choice between two teammates to shoot and was told by Xivii to shoot Bessie. Shooting Bessie gained a lot of town cred, and then they can make up with FrozenFlame and just live with their double claim for the rest of the game apparently.

Hmmmmmmmm, thinking about it more, Fontisian's ability as town was a huge thorn for scum if they leave bessie alive. They know that Fonti isn't going to get a result of the format that bessie claimed she was going to get if they're not RBed.

After bessie is shot and wam is lynched, poison is apprently applied to Fontisian, who is heavily for killing BoomFrog..... However, during D3, this means that scum knows that Fontisian is going to die by the next day, and hence is not a great lynch target for depleting town's numbers. BoomFrog stays voting for Fontisian the entire day, and is the only person who is with the conftown on him at end of day. Also tries to get me to switch onto Fontisian. Actually looks decent for BoomFrog then?

So, you just proved there's no SK, in both of your mafia scenarios Frozen is scum. Would you vote Frozen with me?
I mean, I'd like to think that I've proved it, but the wincons list specifically leads 3rd parties open as a possibility.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......

One question before I do so BoomFrog.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu - What do you think of each other's claimed abilities at this point?

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
No scum would win due to ability to kill in a no majority situation, which is nothing can prevent the outcome.
04. Days will last for half of the existing player base +1, so 14 alive results in Day 1 being 8 Days. 6 Alive would be 4 Days for that phase. So on and so forth. I am trying this out to see how it works so it allows players more time in larger numbers alive. Nights will always be 48 hours. If a majority is not reached the player with the highest vote count will be eliminated, and in the event of a tie the player who received the most votes first will be eliminated.
Chaco Chaco So town manging to get the first vote in a 1vs1 which would win the tiebreaker for a no-majority lynch doesn't count as something they can do to win, for the purposes of being endgamed by Mafia?

Chaco

Never Logs In
was
Chaco Chaco So town manging to get the first vote in a 1vs1 which would win the tiebreaker for a no-majority lynch doesn't count as something they can do to win, for the purposes of being endgamed by Mafia?
In the event of 1v1 that Day Phase would never happen because nothing could prevent the kill following. LYLO would be the Day Phase before. Which is the wording “or nothing can prevent the same”

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
#HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu Eido Eido Malakandra Malakandra alright guys seriously are we gonna let this ****ing bull**** fly?

boom is ****ing obvscum. this isn't even up for debate, we spent all EoD3 pulling our ****ing hair out over who to yeet between fonti/triss/boom and now that WE HAVE CONFIRMED FONTI AND TRISS ARE TOWN WE ARE GOING TO JUST FORGET ABOUT EVERYTHING WE TALKED ABOUT YESTERDAY?

look at vic and boom trying to massage this bull**** ****ing theory like I'm going for a turbo bus strat, are you ****ing kidding me? I was one of the biggest proponents of yeeting bessie AND of her getting shot. you think I put up a ****ing fight like that to avoid getting shot as bessies mate when shes the ****ing mafia watcher?! that is a stacked ****ing role, I should've just laid down and eaten the bullet if Im her mate to set HER up for lategame success. especially with her claiming parity cop, she would've looked amazing with scum!me flipping scum after getting shot for all to see. the notion that I'm scum is straight up asinine. the only misyeet I've been on all game was fonti last phase and I'll admit I had a bad read there, but lets not sit here and pretend like we didn't have reasons to be suspicious of fonti. She was LITERALLY on every misyeet. Eido and mala, you know exactly where I'm coming from here.

Now we have boom looking for any narrative that gets me to go down with him and vic is trying to rationalize voting me over boom first here which makes ZERO ****ING SENSE. It's boom. We all agreed yesterday it was boom. Nothing has happened that would change the PoE we had yesterday, we literally have the same PoE but with better info because we got fonti's flip instead of the expected mala/eido.

boom/vic is a very real possibility as I've laid out in my prior post explaining how the scum, at the time of LG's flip, may have felt there was better EV to cash in the vanillize role for town cred, which vic has literally been riding all game. Either boom is trying to use him here, or they're just doing shoddy ****ing theatre pretending to convince each other to town read each other when NO ONE HAS ANY BUSINESS TOWNREADING BOOM AT THIS POINT LIKE HOLY ****

there's absolutely no reason to **** here and twiddle our thumbs and let scum boom muck up the thread with FUD. It's time to ****ing HBC and yeet the **** out of boom in fonti's honor

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
#HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu - What do you think of each other's claimed abilities at this point?
it's too much protective with wam and your role tbh, so from my POV its either indy RR or you're lying about your life link claim especially considering it's very strange that the scum seemed to prioritize the masons over killing mala. fits the theory that you lied about your immunity granting to make your vanillizing not look purely anti town, and if mala flips before you you're auto lynched which explains why they've been shooting others.

if we're going with the ryker kill was a strongman kill, that just proves you're scum with boom even more because scum would've used it to get thru your immunity power instead of just using it to ensure ryker dropped, especially considering killing ryker gave town the clear tempo right back by clearing eido

all in all scum seemingly doing nothing to mess with mala's slot is entirely consistent with you being scum and needing to keep mala alive to not reveal your faked claim

so yeah, tl;dr either RR is indy, did a turbo bus all in that I literally cannot believe he would do, or you're scum and lying about your protective ability

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
if this phase goes to deadline I'm going to have a ****ing aneurysm

yall should know that fonti has a ****ing annoying ass soul read on me and she figured out I'm town, like imagine getting this worked up being paranoid of a fonti snow last phase and then we come into this phase and pretend like we don't have her flip. She was town. She was being genuine. She was right about triss. SHE IS RIGHT ABOUT BOOM

yall have said it yourselves, I'm not this good as scum. I'm just not. I cannot ****ing emulate the genuine fear I felt of fonti snowing me yet again. that **** was brutal and my ego wasn't ready for a back to back lashing. fonti understood this and though she was frustrated with me, she understood where it was coming from. like idk wtf happened at night but her flip was one of the biggest blessing anti town could have handed us

lets get rid of the obvscum slot and move on to the next step. boom only wants to pretend like we have to have a "complete solve" now so he can create room to wiggle out of the yeet. I mean I get it, self prez and all, but it should be obvious what he's doing. He wants to stall to give himself space to argue some bull**** order of operations sophistry and/or start to frame someone else as his mate to set his actual mate up for endgame. there is no point to giving him that chance, and if it's not him we've ****ing lost anyway like if triss/fonti/boom was all town we've been completely outplayed

let's kill this red slot and make the final scum make their move, we'll get more info from the next flip and we play a solid endgame. don't give scum time to collect themselves after the surprising fonti flip and start crafting bull**** narratives

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Reads ignoring teams:
FrozenFlame - Frozen is trying crazy hard to actually dissect the game here. This is a far cry from VanillaMafia scum!Frozen who just coasted by and struggled to keeps his reads constant from Day to Day. Sorry FF I don't think you are this good as scum. If FF is scum I'm willing to lose the game here.
guys even boomfrog knows Im town but is cool with massaging vic into voting me anyway gee I wonder why :thinkingemoji:

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
boom spent a lot of EoD3 trying to keep triss's slot alive, probably was hoping for another modkill on top of a misyeet or for a malleable replacement to fleece in endgame (either he or his mate could do this) and set up an ez quicklynch

especially considering the slot if continued to be piloted by triss would be all too happy to misyeet me, and any replacement would probably not look favorably on me for dogging the slot all game

and dont let boom convince you he wasnt afraid of town!fonti in endgame, dude was doing everything in his power to get her misyeeted EoD3

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
So your theory is that I'm incompetent?
no, I think either your kill got stopped somehow and an indy killed her or you were that afraid of the 1v1, or possibly it was a delayed kill that was decided N2 not N3 and thus not as obviously a bad idea given how D3 went. point remains, nothing has happened that should change our PoE

Oh yeah,

#HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu also, how would you expect your roles to interact with a poisoning role? Could you get some clarification as to how they would if you're unsure?
my role states that once per game, when I would be killed by a lethal at action at night, it triggers my commute ability. So if we have a poisoner and that poisoner targets me N1, my guess is that N2 my commute would trigger

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Malakandra Malakandra If we're back to dealing with a 3-man team, all we need to prove are 2 things:

Are Bessie / Frozen aligned? Are Boom / Vic aligned?

Bessie undermines Frozen strongly Day 1. Boom throws out Vic's name hours before deadline as a lynch choice.

If those interactions suggest no they're not aligned, it would mean we're dealing with a team of Bessie / Red Ryu / Boom, or Bessie / Red Ryu / Vic.

Eido

Smash Journeyman
I've picked Bessie / Frozen here because she was shading a few Town interactions — Fonti & UP, LaserGuy & Ryker (even if it was love/hate).

It looks like a part of her strategy was to inject snippets of doubt. There's one post where she talks to someone about Frozen's 'non-answer' to one of her questions. I'll bring up the quote when I'm not at work, but this looked like an opportunity for her to inject doubt on him.

If we can find more clues to support Bessie / Frozen as not being aligned, we can strike him off the list.

Also, the Boom / Vic theory is not strong. I've only based this on 1 interaction at the end of D1. I'll look in to it a little more. It's been busy.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I’m going to be swamped today but yeah I agree with FF we don’t need to drag this out.

I am mostly trying to figure out Vic and FF right now, leaning far more on Vic than FF.

Boom dies today I’m sold on that.

Vote: Boomfrog

Chaco

Never Logs In
“I’m most alive when rapidly approaching my death.”

Vote Count 4.1:

BoomFrog(2): FrozenFlame, RedRyu

Not Voting(4): BoomFrog, Malakandra, Vicarin, Eido

With 6 alive it takes 4 to lynch

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Malakandra Malakandra If we're back to dealing with a 3-man team, all we need to prove are 2 things:

Are Bessie / Frozen aligned? Are Boom / Vic aligned?

Bessie undermines Frozen strongly Day 1. Boom throws out Vic's name hours before deadline as a lynch choice.

If those interactions suggest no they're not aligned, it would mean we're dealing with a team of Bessie / Red Ryu / Boom, or Bessie / Red Ryu / Vic.
Heres my take on this. We have proof that scum bessie was undermining town reads on various members of town. Totally possible Bessie is good enough to sprinkle in a scum bud, but other evidence would make that hard to believe. As for throwing out someones name before deadline, its a matter of whether or not that person has viability to become a yeet. Its like if someone threw out my name as a yeet choice, I never get yeeted here so it doesn't matter. I looked back at the context of this during my re-read and I don't think in that instant Vic is a viable yeet.

Another thing we can look at now is Wagon formation. FF and Red have both voted Boom already, with FF mentioning everyone but Boom and Vicarin
#HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu Eido Eido Eido Eido Malakandra Malakandra Malakandra Malakandra alright guys seriously are we gonna let this ing bull fly?
this leads us to assume FF thinks the scum team is Vic and Boom and that RR is the other towns folk.

On the other hand Boom is pushing FF and has been focusing primarily on getting Vicarin to hop over.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Also I'm moving out of my dorm in a few hours, so I'll be p busy packing up and getting ready for a while.

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
Well, one of those votes has gotta be Mafia, I ain't voting for BoomFrog now cause I don't think this is a double bluff.

Everyone, do you think BoomFrog posts for Bessie to share her final reads immediately after the gun shot if he knows that she's immediately going to flip Mafia?

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
Vote: Frozenflame

Also happy with Red Ryu at this point.

Let the Conftown decide!

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
In retrospect, FF not just googling what a parity cop was makes a lot more sense as scum theater than him just instantly scumreading Bessie for something that would take 1 minute to check.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, one of those votes has gotta be Mafia, I ain't voting for BoomFrog now cause I don't think this is a double bluff.

Everyone, do you think BoomFrog posts for Bessie to share her final reads immediately after the gun shot if he knows that she's immediately going to flip Mafia?
you realize it can also just mean that boom is a wolf right? how the **** do you leave that out jfc

and of course he does, boom loves textbook town play and sharing your reads list before you flip is standard pro town play. boom not asking for one would've looked suspicious. plus if you go back and re-read booms interactions with bessie EoD1 its all very technical and sanitary, he's not actually trying to read her he's just going through the normal motions

In retrospect, FF not just googling what a parity cop was makes a lot more sense as scum theater than him just instantly scumreading Bessie for something that would take 1 minute to check.
this is bull****, I literally explained IN THAT POST why I had the reaction to her claim that I did. I literally said "when I hear parity cop I think comparison cop" because I legitimately had NEVER heard of parity cop before. you're right that I could've googled it in 1 min, but I didn't because I had a kneejerk reaction upon reading the claim and thought she was just bull****ting. if I was going for maximally effective scum theatre, why would I attack my partner on a literally incorrect basis that would be dismissed the minute the first person with knowledge of the difference between parity cop and comparison cop came into the thread? Im honestly shocked you're twisting such an overtly candid moment into supposed theater like holy ****

Guys I think vic is just starting to tell on himself here, I think he and boom just realize they've been squeezed out by PoE and have to convince mala and eido that somehow, me and RR, two slots that were WAYYYYYYYY more anti bessie than either vic or boom ever were, are somehow her ****ing mates. It's lunacy, mala and eido please just hammer boom and put this bull**** to bed

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
look at vic and boom trying to massage this bull**** ****ing theory like I'm going for a turbo bus strat, are you ****ing kidding me? I was one of the biggest proponents of yeeting bessie AND of her getting shot. you think I put up a ****ing fight like that to avoid getting shot as bessies mate when shes the ****ing mafia watcher?! that is a stacked ****ing role, I should've just laid down and eaten the bullet if Im her mate to set HER up for lategame success. especially with her claiming parity cop, she would've looked amazing with scum!me flipping scum after getting shot for all to see. the notion that I'm scum is straight up asinine. the only misyeet I've been on all game was fonti last phase and I'll admit I had a bad read there, but lets not sit here and pretend like we didn't have reasons to be suspicious of fonti. She was LITERALLY on every misyeet. Eido and mala, you know exactly where I'm coming from here.
This part at least is definitely false. Bessie, early in the claim order, went with parity cop as a valuable town role that would take a while to get results. However, Fontisian's claim and plan gets Bessie instakilled as soon as Fonti isn't RBed, as the format of results for parity cop and watcher are completely different. At this point, Bessie is a liability to the scum team, requiring a RB every night to stop her from being confirmed as scum, and a bunch of people were scumreading her anyway. Even if Scum!FF gets shot, if he's the RBer and they only have a delayed nightfall, they'd have to use up their kill on Ryker on Fonti instead, which would look Sus as hell and probably get Bessie killed anyway. If Red Ryu shoots anyone but Bessie or FF, then both Red Ryu and bessie are pretty much getting instantly lynched after, also a worse result for their team.

Think this all fits, hit me up Malakandra Malakandra Eido Eido if you've got questions.

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
No, cause I don't see a world where he is one. You seem to think that I've got a reasonable scum!Boom worldview to work with, tell me what it is.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I mean, from my point of view, who is his partner and why are they voting for him?
so you agree boom is scum and yet you're NOT voting for him?
Vote: Frozenflame

Also happy with Red Ryu at this point.

Let the Conftown decide!
Eido Eido Malakandra Malakandra we may be witnessing unintentional open wolfing right here

"I know boom is scum but I'm trying to vote for his partner right now, so lets do RR or FF over obvscum boom"

bro what

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
Look, I know I'm town. Either you're scum, in which case lol, or you've gotta convince me that Red Ryu is Booms partner.

Speculated earlier today, basically because I think scum thought they'd have an easier time pushing on me than the Eido+Ryker combo.
Wow, it's almost as if I actually quoted the post that you just did when I made that response. Fancy that. Wonder how you didn't notice?

Top Bottom