• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex Legends Mafia: Boosted GAME OVER Who won?

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
Also pretty sure that the reason that scum killed Ryker before me was they thought a bessie-ryler-eido scum team would be a tad difficult to push compared to just trying to push on me and murdering Malakandra after. Watching people do backflips to try to justify me vanillizing an IC as scum while also ensuring a no kill for a bit of town cred is quite interesting.
Oh hey, here's my earlier post too. And you liked it, so I guess you read it. Hmmmmmmmm.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Look, I know I'm town. Either you're scum, in which case lol, or you've gotta convince me that Red Ryu is Booms partner.

Wow, it's almost as if I actually quoted the post that you just did when I made that response. Fancy that. Wonder how you didn't notice?
Right and I know I'm town so clearly our POVs force contradiction, I get why scum!you has to posture this way

as for the receipts you got me there, definitely missed that post. lets be honest its a pretty unremarkable response but point stands, I retract my "he didn't respond to the elephant in the room" charge. didn't leave an impression in my memory but yeah Im wrong on that

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
So are you going to try to say Red voted for his scummate, or are we done here and just scumreading each other?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
it's either you or RR and it looks WAY more like you right now because RR is actually trying to flip the obvscum slot and you're trying REALLY hard to get the conftowns to NOT vote for boom soooo like what am I supposed to think?

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
I don't think he's scum, especially after both of you voted for him, my goodness.

For the class:
1 - there are 2 scum remaining (probably)
2 - I don't think scum would be pushing for each other immediately
3 - BoomFrog has been pushed by both Frozenflame and Red Ryu.
4 - At least one of FF or Red (or both) is scum, from 1.
5 - Therefore, from 4 and 2 and 3, Boom is probably not scum.

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
Why? Both of you voted for Boom, I'm inclined to think you're both scum.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
well you did leave that possibility out, and conspicuously so

if you wanted your response to only be interpreted as applicable only to the "hypothetical" where boom is scum, you should've made that clear. what you said was rather vague

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, one of those votes has gotta be Mafia, I ain't voting for BoomFrog now cause I don't think this is a double bluff.
like dude you can't say this isn't a really weird way to describe the implications of a mylo/lylo thunderdome

boom hasn't voted yet and your conclusion from me thunderdoming him is that "one of those two votes must be scum" because if we assume 2 scum then L-2 is alpha strike range and having not seen an alpha strike it means that either me, RR, OR BOOM must be scum.

you very conveniently and conspicuously left the last part about boom out, it reveals a bias

the very straightforward takeway from thunderdome situations is that "either the voter is scum OR the votee is scum." You chose only to focus on the voters

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
This is a very unusual thunderstorm situation in which we have 2 conftown though. There is no possible world for me in which both you and Red are town, so I KNOW that Boom has at least 1 scum vote on him, even if he is scum himself. I don't need to add the "or Boom" onto that statement because it provides literally no info.

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
It's not because scum hasn't quickhammered, it's because there's almost certainly 2 scum and only 3 possible people they can be hiding between lol.

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
It's like you're completely ignoring that Malakandra and Eido exist and are town with your analysis.

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
Possible scum teams: RR+FF, RR+BF, FF+BF.

From this, at least one of any pair of people in those is scum, so I looked at "At least one of {RR,FF} is scum", as you two were voting. Saying "At least one of {RR,FF,BF}" is basically useless considering theres at least 2 in there, so why the hell would I add Boom.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Of course im ignoring them for analysis, theyre conftown outside of ******* modding

You say "mentioning the possibility of scum!boom doesnt add any more information", I say you conveniently leaving it out is a deliberate omission and anchoring technique, theres literally no harm to including it either and paints the complete picture

you just dont want mala and eido focusing on obvscum boom if hes your mate and you can just misyeet me to win here

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
Tell me how useful the statement "there's at least one scum in RR, FF and BF" is compared to "there's at least one scum in RR and FF" for analysis purposes lol.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Gonna wait for boom to vote just to see where he is leaning before I let yall know who I'm leaning.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
What are you thinking about the claims of FF, Ryu, and Boom and how they fit as possible teams of two.

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
I think FF and Ryu have incredibly similar claims and suspect now that this may have been a setup so that if one of them flips scum the other one could go "Oh cool, I'm the real BP unlike that dead scum". Ryu's ability also just flat out doesn't make sense, as it's a complete no-brainer to use it every night. Given that I know my Seraph Knight role exists, and the way that the NK apparently seems to be delayed, I think it's decently likely that neither BP role actually exists.

Boom's claim would fit with JOAT being decently likely in a game this size. I like the claimed self-watcher ability seeing as the actual watcher was scum. I don't like that he hasn't tried to use the hammer increaser after claiming it to try to confirm its existence, as I would really doubt that scum would have that.

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
Bloody hell, if there's no 3rd party, why would Mafia put a delayed kill on Fonti at the same time as killing Ryker? Is BoomFrog the SK, and Mafia are trying to clear him out of the way???

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
boom hasn't voted yet and your conclusion from me thunderdoming him is that "one of those two votes must be scum" because if we assume 2 scum then L-2 is alpha strike range and having not seen an alpha strike it means that either me, RR, OR BOOM must be scum.
You are missing the fact that assuming I won't self-vote, there can be no hammer without conf town votes.

though I'd prefer to wait for Boom first.
I've extracted as much info as I can from the situation. Vic's approach here feels a lot more cautious and townie, Frozen seems angry that his plan to shoot Fonti hasn't worked the way he wanted, but I might be OMGUSing a little. Frozen and Red have had a weirdly hard town reads of eachother despite the conflicting claims. However, I really don't think Frozen and Red fit together, there's no way they are on the same team and both claimed basically BP. (ninja'd that's a decent theory, I'm going to ruminate on that)

#HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu Who claimed first between you two?

I think it's Vic and whoever claimed first of the BPs, my memory says that was Frozen. I'll look it up later, I'm still supposed to be working right now.

But we shouldn't rush this. You two should keep talking things out with eathother. We've been building this game up for weeks, no reason to rush to finish it in a hurry even if I'm dying to find out if we were right.

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, also BP is a pretty decent scum claim if your main kill is delayed and your target is accidentally lynched, seeing as you can just claim to have been shot that night.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think FF and Ryu have incredibly similar claims and suspect now that this may have been a setup so that if one of them flips scum the other one could go "Oh cool, I'm the real BP unlike that dead scum". Ryu's ability also just flat out doesn't make sense, as it's a complete no-brainer to use it every night. Given that I know my Seraph Knight role exists, and the way that the NK apparently seems to be delayed, I think it's decently likely that neither BP role actually exists.

Boom's claim would fit with JOAT being decently likely in a game this size. I like the claimed self-watcher ability seeing as the actual watcher was scum. I don't like that he hasn't tried to use the hammer increaser after claiming it to try to confirm its existence, as I would really doubt that scum would have that.
wow @ the bolded, talk about a double standard

RR and I are apparently scum together and deliberately both claimed self protective roles because we checks notes assumed one of us would flip and wanted to make the other one look clear for having a role that occupies the same function after the other flips scum (???????? most of the reason we even had shade thrown at us was for our conflicting claims???????? literally most of the reason people wanted me to get shot in the first place was because RR claimed a power in my lane???????? why the **** would I shoot myself in the foot like that? this is an insane play for me and RR that is WAY riskier than any possible reward)

But then, when it comes to Bessie and Boom, boom all of a sudden looks "clear" because bessie flipped actual watcher, so why would scum boom claim self watcher? bro, you literally took the same situation as me and RR and said RR and I are mates for it, but Boom and Bessie ARENT mates for having roles in the same lane? is this really what open wolfing looks like these days?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh yeah, also BP is a pretty decent scum claim if your main kill is delayed and your target is accidentally lynched, seeing as you can just claim to have been shot that night.
this doesn't work for me btw, my ability is automatic and confirmed the next day phase when it triggers, I presume you were talking about RR here but thats an important distinction between our claimed roles

Top Bottom