• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex Legends Mafia: Boosted GAME OVER Who won?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Boom / Fonti, can you list the names of your abilities? (Only if allowed)
We've been explicitly stating role ability names all game so it should be fine, but you are tip toeing very close to the line. I'd ask Chaco in a PM next time before asking for info if you have any doubt it might be against the rules. Info can't be unspilled.

Anyway, Swift Mend, Selfie Stick and Launch Pad.

yo BoomFrog BoomFrog you ignored this, need an answer
My Laser read was based on basically one post. The uncertainty was high, so I deferred to Fonti's more informed read. If Fonti was town then I'm empowering town, if Fonti was scum then the laser flip would help sort Fonti. If we yeeted Bessie and she flipped town we'd have a whole day of Fonti saying "I told you so", and the day would have been a low info day ( like we had D2 in Vanilla after the Mercuri yeet).

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Vote: Trisscar
I think Frozen is correct about the extra vote.

Appeaseeeement.
Weren't you already voting me?

OH THE IRONY AGAIN OF TRISS COMING AT ME FOR DIARYPOSTING AFTER THIS WAS HER DEFENSE AGAINST YOU FONTI LMAOOOOOOO
There is a difference between posting style differences, and causing the thread to bog down despite being told that is the effect of your current actions.
Also screaming does not help.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't think you realize how urgent this is
I dont think you realize how useless an exercise it is posting in an active game for this, no one has the info youre looking for and though I understand your saying the gravity of this situation exceeds the sanctity of the game's integrity youre literally barking up wrong tree. Your best bet is to DM Xivii Xivii , he seemed to have some idea of what caused UP to be inactive/replace out and might have the direct line of communication youre looking for

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
#HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame Boom has been gunning for a Fonti / himself flip toDay. Is that normal behaviour? Offering himself as a choice?
I dont have a strong meta on boom but he def has a style that trends toward pushing "best town practice" and as he said in Things I Like, "making the right decision regardless of flexibility in order of operations"

Given this, boom presenting himself as an option is to be expected if his play has no been objective strong town play. I think boom knows he looks bad as either alignment here and so I kinda of see it as NAI because boom tends to be very fair about assessing his own level of town clout, even not necessarily his own towniness if that makes sense

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Weren't you already voting me?

There is a difference between posting style differences, and causing the thread to bog down despite being told that is the effect of your current actions.
Also screaming does not help.
she switched over to boom when mala came in leaning boom iirc

Also I guarantee you no one else in this thread thought I was "bogging down the thread"

The irony is that you can't seem to grasp how subjective of a take that is, despite the fact that you literally told fonti that her personal reaction to your posting style might not be the be all end all of what youre trying to contribute

Ever heard the phrase rules for thee, not for me?

Sorry about the caps, the quote was just too perfect and I got excited lol

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Need to take care of something quick then I am going hard on this for a bit.

But from what I skimmed I agree that Trist needs to go before Boom or Fonti order wise.

Trist's play has not been townie to be with leaving a back door to most answers and not taking a lot of firm stances.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Also in relation to the fact as FF pointed out if Trist is mafia and 2 kills happen again it's GG in a lylo situation with a mafia double voter.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Lock town
Malakandra
Eido
Ryker
Xivii
Vicarin

Pretty town
Red Ryu
FrozenFlame
Maven89

PoE
BoomFrog
Sapoycar
Wam
Fontisian

Whatever, I'm obviously not going to convince anyone toDay. Just please yeet Fonti before anyone in that middle group.
#HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame Reads list was here. No reasons given, but I can explain any of the spots you had questions about.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Actually, targeting the IC was a waste of a night. We were going to claim D3 at the latest and that's the earliest she'd have useful info either way. Better to get two unknowns as matching or mismatched, rather then 1 for sure known result.
Eido Eido

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I feel like Vic could be coasting on his claim when I read content back, not 100% sure if this is about activity or something else here but I do feel like Vic could be contributing more, not like I am one to tall.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
My problem with the Triss > Boom > Fonti order is we have a chance of being in LYLO tomorrow so I'd rather solve the coinflip today while we can.
If triss is scum we lose and I strongly feel like Triss‘s play has not been townie this phase.

I asked them questions earlier but I do not feel like it helps me with my core issue being none of it really take any strong stances without a way to back pedal but I am looking for their post at FF which might color this differently.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I think you're way off on this. RR is a smashboards native and has limited familiarity with anyone not originally from here. You can tell this by looking back to his early interactions with sabrar and sabrar was kind of teasing him for forgetting that that had played together before in the big crossover game that marshy put together awhile ago. Sab is a strong player and if anyone should have left an impression on RR if he was devoting any headspace to non-smashboards power players

understanding that I will sound like a self important horn tooting ****, I legitimately believe that if RR rolled anti town and looked at this player list, he'd identify the top threats as Ryker, then Xivii/Me, then Maven, in that order as the most likely to be able to sniff him out because I think that would be the general consensus here at smashboards of our "powerwolfer ranking" if I'm trying to be as objective as possible

Ryker and Xivii came right out of the gates as more formidable presences as town core pillars than I did and they both definitely had more thread clout than I did, so it makes sense to me that he would go for one of them if he's the SK, and with xivii being the bleed out death, the theory seems to check out

not saying above is gospel truth, just trying to give you some perspective re: the smashboards mafia veteran meta

last time you appeased me you were a wolf, you could not have phrased this worse lmao

if you think we're in LYLO tomorrow, isn't that all the more reason to get rid of the ****ing double voter? like bruh, imagine giving triss quicklynch capacity in ****ing LYLO/MYLO

atleast booms claimed ability is to make it HARDER to lynch a given slot with his quick mend thing, and its not like a triss flip doesnt help us solve fonti and to some extent by proxy boom
So rare people nail me and get me this well. My memory sucks unless I have active and continuous engagement with people.

Wish I was a serial killer, I love it when I roll indie but still this nails me pretty solid if I were to take a mindset like this.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I feel like Vic could be coasting on his claim when I read content back, not 100% sure if this is about activity or something else here but I do feel like Vic could be contributing more, not like I am one to tall.
vic is absolutely coasting lol, if it wasn't for his amazingly good claim and the circumstances surrounding what we can glean from town!wam as jailer I would be pushing him probably just as much as I am trist

tbh mala and eido are also coasting at deadline which is frustrating but they're both lock town so I can't get too mad and I generally agree that the kills tonight will be crucial for scum to set up a winnable endgame and eido and mala keeping their true posture on every slot a little closer to their chest helps town resist strong set play attempts

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Man thinking back on it with both players in mind I keep thinking people were trying to steer me away from Bessie both from Fonti and Boom a bit. Does the never shoot Wam thing from Fonti make sense at the time? Play wise I was not a super fan of Wam at the time but I did not care for them dead over Bessie.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
vic is absolutely coasting lol, if it wasn't for his amazingly good claim and the circumstances surrounding what we can glean from town!wam as jailer I would be pushing him probably just as much as I am trist

tbh mala and eido are also coasting at deadline which is frustrating but they're both lock town so I can't get too mad and I generally agree that the kills tonight will be crucial for scum to set up a winnable endgame and eido and mala keeping their true posture on every slot a little closer to their chest helps town resist strong set play attempts
I keep thinking with Vic they might be coasting And relying on us not looking at the funny.

I don’t care to lynch him today or even consider it over Fonit/Boom/Tress but it’s been on my mind reading a lot of recent posts. Leaving zero presence when I do not think they are auto clear.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Man thinking back on it with both players in mind I keep thinking people were trying to steer me away from Bessie both from Fonti and Boom a bit. Does the never shoot Wam thing from Fonti make sense at the time? Play wise I was not a super fan of Wam at the time but I did not care for them dead over Bessie.
what do you mean here, are you saying that you feel boom and font were the biggest people trying to pull you away from a bessie shot? or are you saying others were trying to pull you away from bessie TO them? because I was definitely being propped up as the go to alternate kill to bessie

also, are you saying that fonti was advocating "never shoot wam"? If so can you link?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
yeah RR I get the vic paranoia but it just cant be the play today given the other slots, vic obviously gets second looks if he's in final 5 or 3 but like yeah with the current playstate its moronic to check him because if he's town the scum have to deal with him to get to mala and that's a ticking time bomb for them

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
what do you mean here, are you saying that you feel boom and font were the biggest people trying to pull you away from a bessie shot? or are you saying others were trying to pull you away from bessie TO them? because I was definitely being propped up as the go to alternate kill to bessie

also, are you saying that fonti was advocating "never shoot wam"? If so can you link?
Going off memory, more so Boom I think along with Maven were pushing for me to shoot you to get the double claim out of the way but I do think Fonti was also trying to get me away from shooting Bessie.

Fonti admitted this earlier but I can grab it.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
This would not be worth it. The jailor cannot protect every confirmed town member in this game, additionally losing a mafia member for one town member is not an efficient or worthwhile trade. This is basic math.
lets do some math together, do you believe Vic's claim?

and if you do, do you understand what the mathematical consequence of your careless vote misyeeting town!wam jailer was?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
OK, here's the plan.

#HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu Does the gun expire Today or can you shoot it later (assuming you're alive?)

We don't shoot or yeet Bessie Today. Instead, we have Bessie target Ryker or Eido (randomized between them). I target Bessie. Boom flips a coin and randomizes his redirect between Bessie and me, interfering with scum nking or roleblocking (assuming they have a roleblock, they probably then shoot me and try to roleblock Bessie.) Either the kill is blocked or we get confirmation on Ryker/Eido from Bessie. If Bessie or I are roleblocked, then we can believe that Wam may have been roleblocked. We go into the D3 with a gun, since Ryu cannot die anyway.
This was where I remember trying to not shoot her came from.
If you shoot Wam and he doesn't flip scum, I will personally yeet you. Just as a heads up.
This is what I remember Fonti being very defensive of Wam and idk if it was warranted at the time as much.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
all this quiet less than 24 hours from deadline makes me feel like mala just has a super secret lock town only neighborhood that he and eido are just chatting in solving the game and I just dont have the clout to get in to the exclusive club yet

if triss flips scum I demand an invite

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
This was where I remember trying to not shoot her came from.

This is what I remember Fonti being very defensive of Wam and idk if it was warranted at the time as much.
ok but why does scum!fonti give a **** if you shoot town!wam over scum!bessie? unless you think she was expecting you to call her bluff here? and was trying to randomly set you up as a misyeet the next day even tho you'd already look bad for shooting a townie if you had shot wam? idk what defending wam really does for scum!fonti

Trisscar

Smash Ace
lets do some math together, do you believe Vic's claim?

and if you do, do you understand what the mathematical consequence of your careless vote misyeeting town!wam jailer was?
Mmmm, because Vic's claim involves math below calc, obviously.

My yeet huh? Pretty sure I'm not the one who voted what, five times for them before my own vote? Cute that you're using that as a means to try to shove me into an emotional corner though.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
you're right you weren't those five people

you were the last two votes though who coveniently decided to just casually throw them on to the person who already had 5 votes on them when people we're still discussing what to do, it wasn't a foregone conclusion. plus you're literally just deflecting

and you don't need calc math to math out what I'm talking about here, but you seem determined to not answer anyone's questions and instead whine about the fact that I'm being hard on you because your slot has done overtly suss ****

so let me ask again, do you believe Vic's claim? Yes or no? and if you do, why is wam being yeeted in a game with town!vic and town!wam significant?

Trisscar

Smash Ace
**** it.

Chaco Chaco Modkill me. If Frozen is town they can deal with the consequences, I am in no mood to deal with another Arrow for the rest of this year. This game was interesting until Frozen started shooting their mouth off, and now it's just a headache and source of stress.

I'm out. Sorry Xivii, I know you were trying hard, but I cannot be asked at this point.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wow yikes

I've told you multiple times not to take it personally, none of this is personal, you're literally making it personal

this is a game of words, politics and persuasion. you really don't expect to get a little roasting when you make bad plays even if they were mistakes?

like I really don't think I've said anything over the line but chaco you can DM me if you think this violates rule 1, my b Triss for ruining your experience that bad like that honestly wasnt the intention, just trying to scumhunt

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
you're being insanely dodgey and deflective like be honest with yourself, you literally aren't answering very simple questions when asked

I get being frustrated or demotivated but idk what kind of reaction you're expecting to that, it feels ****ing scummy

Top Bottom