• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex Legends Mafia: Boosted GAME OVER Who won?

fontisian

Smash Champion
There's a chance Bessie watched Boom, which is why he said he self-watched, but I don't know why the scumteam would decide to do that instead of watching Mala.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
My problem with the Triss > Boom > Fonti order is we have a chance of being in LYLO tomorrow so I'd rather solve the coinflip today while we can.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
I had the ability to copy off of Bessie, Laser and Boom (Boom's self-watch) which is kind of weird, because that's two likely scum to get info from, so I think Boom's claim probably isn't true? Wait, related to that, Boom should have brought up the self-watch being something my role could see earlier, if he's town, because form his pov that's two confirmed town roles I could see, so there's no reason for him to think my role means Bessie has to be town.
When laser claimed tracker, you voted him soon after, yet your role would have let you confirm his actions, why?

fontisian

Smash Champion
I'm fine with that. Like I said if Boom is town I'll have no idea what to do anyway.

I'm looking through the Sumting scumchat for you.

Sorry Sabrar I am floundering at this game, I'm having trouble being proactive. Z25, I don't usually play a lot on weekdays and rely on weekends for the bulk of my content. I'll try to come up with something to ask both of you, but if I were town you wouldn't even be on my radar so I would be not that interested in you anyway.

I don't like Ninja's role, if he is telling the truth. If I were town, I would suspect his "mentor" is his scum partner.
Not really finding much of use.

I explained the Laser thing to Eido already. I realized that even if I checked his track and saw him tell the truth about it the next Day, it wouldn't make me think he was town unless he literally caught the kill, and there were low chances of that happening.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Don't be so anxious to make me towncore. I should be bussed if needed to protect you and Sabrar who are the power roles, and Xivii who is a much better player. If Sabrar can get an extra kill off on N3 we could probably win.
There we go.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
fair. I was just trying to see if you would say it was pointless because I already confirmed him with my knowledge, because then I'd catch you in a lie. Stupid people not falling for my traps easily lol

fontisian

Smash Champion
fair. I was just trying to see if you would say it was pointless because I already confirmed him with my knowledge, because then I'd catch you in a lie. Stupid people not falling for my traps easily lol
Lol. Mala, I wouldn't have fallen for that even if I was scum.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
I'm not gonna fool anyone this game huh. This isn't looking good for next time I'm scum lol

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
(This is another reason I'm not scum, actually, because I knew Mala was bluffing.)
psst. I also knew Mala was bluffing.

So, been reading around the time Bessie claimed (page 41). Ryker / Fonti / Frozen criticised her target choice, but Boom (& everyone else) didn't.
I definitely did.

BoomFrog BoomFrog whats the smartest vote here? Got any cards left?
No cards left. I know I'm in the PoE and have no credit to gamble with since the Bessie flip. Hopefully the Fonti flip will redeem me, although looks like even that won't be good enough for Frozen.

lmao he never even put up a reads list and he posts this ****

must've felt a little less "resigned to death" and "not being able to convince anyone" once he saw how popular the wam wagon was
I will concede I lost the drive to finish my reread once it was clear that wam was going down. The reread is more effective the more flips I have when I do it, and I try to only do one real reread a game, other wise it sucks up too much of my time.

is the bolded a TMI slip from scum!boom? I don't get what he means by "scum knew not everyone targeted mala." The only thing we know for sure about mala was that vic successfully targeted him
I'm assuming Bessie targeted Mala and scum knew exactly who targeted Mala and shared that in scum chat D2. That would make your reaction genuine and not TMI.

ooooooof BoomFrog BoomFrog have you answered to this yet like damn thats a gutpunch
This was referring to me saying Bessie and Fonti were not aligned then immediately walking it back after the flip. When I said this i really thought Bessie was going to flip town and Fonti was scum. I'm light of Bessie being scum I think they were just distancing. Red was going shoot Bessie, it was pretty obvious. I was just trying to get some reactions out of people before the inevitable, and yes, try to dissuade him from shooting the cop. I think Bessie and Fonti also knew it, that's why Bessie taunted Red, she knew he was going to do it and wanted him to do it sooner so scum didn't need to keep up any theatre. Fonti tried to save the day but gave up and distanced when I dismantled her night action plan, and Red didn't take the bait to shoot FrozenFlame.

if triss is scum and it is true that everyone else on the wagon is town, scum would be salivating to have their double voter "accidentally" hammer the jailer to get free tempo back at the trade of essentially condemning that slot to being pilloried the next phase
This is just wrong, and the fact that Fonti didn't correct this is scum indictive. Wam was going down D2, Fonti had people convinced. Triss had no need to hammer, the yeet wasn't moving. I'm not saying Triss has to be town, but this isn't a valid point against her. But Fonti isn't looking for nuanced analysis.

Honestly, if Boom's redirect ability were real, I don't know why he would be worried about a roleblock, because he could just redirect that roleblock onto the person he thinks is most likely to be making the kill.
I was about to snap back at the obvious failing of this logic, but I confirmed with Chaco that self targeting is allowed. I'm used to self targeting never being allowed unless explicit, and selfie stick specifically said it self targets so that implied they other powers were not. :facepalm:

fontisian

Smash Champion
Boom, again, I ask you, if you're town and I'm town, who are the mafia? Is it just Triss with a third party?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
I also trust Wam's read on this, as last game in the hood I was vouching for you while he was suspicious of you so I think Wam might have some kind of super sense for Fonti.
Wam wanted to yeet me before Fonti. He was voting me at end of day.

Wait, related to that, Boom should have brought up the self-watch being something my role could see earlier,
I'm pretty sure I did mention it. But again, just confirming a role exists doesn't really help anyone solve.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I just keep thinking to who would want Xivii dead. Not Ryu.
I think you're way off on this. RR is a smashboards native and has limited familiarity with anyone not originally from here. You can tell this by looking back to his early interactions with sabrar and sabrar was kind of teasing him for forgetting that that had played together before in the big crossover game that marshy put together awhile ago. Sab is a strong player and if anyone should have left an impression on RR if he was devoting any headspace to non-smashboards power players

understanding that I will sound like a self important horn tooting ****, I legitimately believe that if RR rolled anti town and looked at this player list, he'd identify the top threats as Ryker, then Xivii/Me, then Maven, in that order as the most likely to be able to sniff him out because I think that would be the general consensus here at smashboards of our "powerwolfer ranking" if I'm trying to be as objective as possible

Ryker and Xivii came right out of the gates as more formidable presences as town core pillars than I did and they both definitely had more thread clout than I did, so it makes sense to me that he would go for one of them if he's the SK, and with xivii being the bleed out death, the theory seems to check out

not saying above is gospel truth, just trying to give you some perspective re: the smashboards mafia veteran meta

I'm mostly on Trisscar to appease Frozen anyway
last time you appeased me you were a wolf, you could not have phrased this worse lmao

My problem with the Triss > Boom > Fonti order is we have a chance of being in LYLO tomorrow so I'd rather solve the coinflip today while we can.
if you think we're in LYLO tomorrow, isn't that all the more reason to get rid of the ****ing double voter? like bruh, imagine giving triss quicklynch capacity in ****ing LYLO/MYLO

atleast booms claimed ability is to make it HARDER to lynch a given slot with his quick mend thing, and its not like a triss flip doesnt help us solve fonti and to some extent by proxy boom

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Boom, again, I ask you, if you're town and I'm town, who are the mafia? Is it just Triss with a third party?
I rescind my liking of your post when you asked this last time. I spent too much effort trying to convince you I was town last game on the penultimate Day.

But no, 2 man mafia would be garbage in a game this large even with a SK. It'd have to be something like Triss-Vic elaborate tricksy plan, or Triss-Red turbo bus / caved to pressure. The latter would be most likely.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I will concede I lost the drive to finish my reread once it was clear that wam was going down. The reread is more effective the more flips I have when I do it, and I try to only do one real reread a game, other wise it sucks up too much of my time.
I think you're missing my point here? You specifically said you would put a reads list up and you never did, yet made easily half a dozen or more posts after that resignation post begging for time to put up a reads list, and you never did one

I get not wanting to finish a voluminous re-read when the urgency isn't there, trust me I'm picky with how I spend my time and effort too, but it just boggles that mind that you specifically never put up a reads list after you begged for the opportunity to do one

feels like you felt obligated to do the text book protown reads dump to do the bare minimum to feign towniness but once the pressure was off you didn't want to overcommit yourself and chose to just dodge having to give full reads

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Gtg. #HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame I'm pretty sure I did make a D2 reads list. I'll try to find it later. Either way, I'll be making a new one soon.
please do quote it for me if I missed it but I spent a long ass time combing the thread between saturday and sunday and I literally do not remember ever seeing one after you made that "well **** me I'm dead" post and I was specifically looking for one

new one is appreciated regardless of course

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Boom / Fonti, can you list the names of your abilities? (Only if allowed)

fontisian

Smash Champion
Wam wanted to yeet me before Fonti. He was voting me at end of day.

I'm pretty sure I did mention it. But again, just confirming a role exists doesn't really help anyone solve.
I feel like you're bringing this up because you expect someone else to find it and you think saying it now will make you look better.

I also feel, uh, nervous again, heh.

Frozen, let's math this out. 8 alive Today. We yeet, potentially two people die. That brings us down to 5 people. If Trisscar is alive with one scum, that means we cannot win Tomorrow.

So yeah, if you're at all worried about a me/Triss team or a Triss/anyone other than Boom team we need to yeet Trisscar.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Am I wrongly assuming that we all agree that Ryker was the likely scum kill and Xivii is the likely third party kill?

I know that we've had different ideas thrown around about whether xivii was a delayed "poisoner" style kill from N1 but at least as far as assigning death flavor to probably faction we generally agree the explosion is likely scum and bleeding is likely third party right?

fontisian

Smash Champion
Am I wrongly assuming that we all agree that Ryker was the likely scum kill and Xivii is the likely third party kill?

I know that we've had different ideas thrown around about whether xivii was a delayed "poisoner" style kill from N1 but at least as far as assigning death flavor to probably faction we generally agree the explosion is likely scum and bleeding is likely third party right?
No, that is correct.

fontisian

Smash Champion
So, from my pov, we hit Trisscar, she flips scum. Worst case, 5 people alive tomorrow. We yeet Boom, he flips scum. Game either ends or continues, if it continues then we have a third party. They only get one kill off, because the scumteam is dead. 3 people alive in lylo, we probably yeet Ryu as the most likely third party.

The math checks out.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
boom don't worry I'm getting the same AtE flashbacks to Things I Like that I'm sure you are rn re: "Im nervous" "im scared" "oh no what will happen" pearl clutching from fonti :rolleyes:

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
fonti this is what I'm assuming will be a rare moment in our mafia playing careers where I have more town clout than you in a game we're both alive in together so I get to be hyperbolic to tease you k?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
god what a missed opportunty not quoting triss's above quoted defense right back to her after she came in trying to lash me for nOt bEiNG hElPfuL and "just posting reactions out of conext" fml

ExLight

Smash Lord
ok listen this is random and out of nowhere but does anyone know where Poyzin might've been playing mafia games recently?

if anyone does please DM me asap

Last edited:
Top Bottom