• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex Legends Mafia: Boosted GAME OVER Who won?

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Trisscar Trisscar Why wouldn't your slot visit someone as early as N1? Is having the double vote more important?
...Hm. I dunno that I'd want to do so starting out tbh? For all I know at the start of game, there's no one who will notice, and after that I'll be basically VT. Also assuming I or my slot or what have you manages to spot a mafia lead train almost tied with one on mafia, I could theoretically shove it to the on mafia train and not have it tie.
Also I don't see an advantage to making myself a VT immediately? If no one notices the visit, then saying that "oh I was a double voter but then I used a visit that does nothing to get rid of it" doesn't exactly seem like a good argument for anything? Like I could be lying several different ways there, and it just kinda seems shortsighted to just use it like that? I dunno that might a "too good to use syndrome" thing?
Frankly it just seems risky in general, weird ability.

Trisscar Trisscar , time to put on the adult hat*. Me or Fonti. Choose.

*Originally said adult pants but I realized that's sexist by impling male clothing is the most adult clothing.
???
Why just you and Fonti, and not the three other people still yet to be sorted for me? Yall don't have massive trains on you far as I'm aware, do you?

*mmmm, insinuating that pants are male clothing only I see. ;)

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Yall don't have massive trains on you far as I'm aware, do you?
As far as you are aware, apparently not. But actually yes. Fonti is scum. The only other valid theories are that I am scum or that everyone is wildly wrong and we are being crushed by something like a turbo bussing Frozen-Red-Bessie team.

Do you really think that's the case?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
got to drunk last night to finish re-read, in process now, just gonna be chillin re-readings and watching football this afternoon

I get that you're in angryposting mode but its not an assumption, its a read
fontisian fontisian found the angryposting reference from EoD1 as promised lol

generally speaking I think by play fonti looks better than boom at EoD1, I just hate how wrong she's been about so many calls

I really don't think I can solve this game though without sab/UP/triss slot flip can we please make wish foundation for me like I begged for on EoD1 and just turbo yeet it?

lots of really weird posturing and town reads on that slot I simply do not understand

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think Bessie is about 50/50 here. So you're right, it comes down to my LaserGuy read.

I think laser believed Mala would clear him.

Vote Bessie

that's L-1
boom with this stated logic at EoD1 why the last second switch? either your belief in laser's genuineness was fake or something changed your mind

fontisian

Smash Champion
got to drunk last night to finish re-read, in process now, just gonna be chillin re-readings and watching football this afternoon

fontisian fontisian found the angryposting reference from EoD1 as promised lol

generally speaking I think by play fonti looks better than boom at EoD1, I just hate how wrong she's been about so many calls

I really don't think I can solve this game though without sab/UP/triss slot flip can we please make wish foundation for me like I begged for on EoD1 and just turbo yeet it?

lots of really weird posturing and town reads on that slot I simply do not understand
I'm willing to yeet the slot just for Triss' behavior, tbh. Doesn't feel like she's actually trying to figure me out at all, she's just kind of saying /words/, if that makes sense.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
fonti's tone feels more mortal and fatalistic (like she seems to actually think she will die early) than scum!fonti did in late game in Things I Like but she's good at faking tone so not trying to weigh this too much

fontisian

Smash Champion
This is unclear to me.

You believed Bessie's claim should have never been a scum role, and also believed there were information roles designed to fool you.

Bessie claims the only information role after Laser, who flipped Town. Doesn't that give you an implication that Bessie is fakeclaiming? And more so than needing a plan to confirm her role? We see you spend a lot of time work shopping a plan that lets Bessie live / Frozen die. It's why I'm interested.
Ok, so there were a lot of possibilities. For one, maybe scum had a rolecop and my role wasn't designed to fool me. The idea was that if Bessie was indeed a parity cop, then she could be confirmed town and give useful info, because unlike Tracker or Watcher, there's no reason for scum to ever have a Parity Cop. That's also why I was so insistent on getting the exact results format from Bessie, because I didn't want to get some weird information that could have maybe been Parity Cop related and not know what it meant. And if she was lying about her role, then scum would be forced to use their roleblock (assuming they had one, which I didn't know for sure) on me or pretend to use it on Bessie, which meant it couldn't be used on Wam, so neither Vicarin nor Mala could die. The idea is that we'd yeet someone else who was likely scum before Bessie, wait for the Night action confirmation, then still have the gun around D3 to shoot her. That's why Xivii mentioning that Bessie's role might be a thief and pointing at the flavor stuff took me aback, because scum!Bessie getting the gun and getting to shoot a confirmed was the worst case scenario, and the chance of Bessie being town and the game being ****ed wasn't worth risking that. The idea of yeeting someone instead of Bessie and saving her for the next Day relies on having another strong scumread to kill instead, and when Frozen was clearly town, I didn't have another strong scumread, and I just wanted to kill Bessie. Does that make sense?

fontisian

Smash Champion
don't recall the fire directed at fonti D2 I'd expect for a parting shot like this at EoD1
He said it was a reference to the last game, not a real push, but yes, I do not buy it. It felt like real aggression and it was never followed up on. I think it was Boom trying to set himself up to not have responsibility for swapping to Laser from Bessie, because he'd say he was just trusting me.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
As far as you are aware, apparently not. But actually yes. Fonti is scum. The only other valid theories are that I am scum or that everyone is wildly wrong and we are being crushed by something like a turbo bussing Frozen-Red-Bessie team.
Mmmm orly
Please do expand on this, now I'm curious as to your web of cause/effect here?

I'm willing to yeet the slot just for Triss' behavior, tbh. Doesn't feel like she's actually trying to figure me out at all, she's just kind of saying /words/, if that makes sense.
Sorry to hear my methods are different than yours? Nothing I've said has been to fill space you know, it's all got impressions behind it.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Humm.

So two things:
1. Does a scumteam with a vanillaizer ever target Mala (when Mala implied he wasn't getting any other information)? Why not target someone like me or Xivii, who are implying we have useful roles? It's not like he has to worry about a tracker seeing him target us or anything, as we already killed the tracker.
2. Why would the scum, after making the target, then claim it?

Like, he'd have to do it in anticipation of a massclaim to try to get townread, I guess, but it doesn't feel like that, it feels like Vicarin was genuinely relieved he didn't negatively impact anything.

Your thoughts?
I like this take. Only alternative explanation I can think of is that scum took mala's bait that he was suggesting he had an additional power, like he was hinting at having some kind of role cop-esque power earlier in the game and mala commented on that early D2

fontisian

Smash Champion
Tbh, I think the scum team must have been afraid of Mala having more info regardless, because either scum!Vic vanillaized him or (much, much more likely), scum!Bessie decided to shoot him and got blocked by Vicarin.

(This is another reason I'm not scum, actually, because I knew Mala was bluffing.)

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok, I'll just full claim first seeing as I've already put most of my cards on the table.

I am Lifeline, the town seraph knight vanillarizer. I have a 1 shot that sets up kill immunity as long as I live, but it also permanently vanillizes. I thought upon seeing my PM that this was a rather cool and interesting role that could be used aggresively.... but once D1 started there was an IC in play. Which is a complete no-brainer choice for my ability. I was steadfastly refusing any claim strategy because one RB renders me useless, but I made it to D2, and the protection is set up, seeing as the vanillization went through. When Malakandra started claiming knowing other people's characters, I tried to check how, but thought

I believe I'm responsible for the no kill, and doubt that scum have a strongman available. Also, if wam says that his jail blocks everything, he'd need to have been RBed for my vanillization to have gone through, so that's sus as hell.
this is such an insanely clean claim and even his post claimed conduct seems genuine townie, I think Im putting the gigawolf vic conspiracy theory away now

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Not scum:
Eido
Vic
Ryu - possible 3p but we shouldn't focus on that

Others:
Frozen
Trisscar
Boom
Fonti

There are 2 town and 2 scum in the others if scum team is 3.

Alot of people seem to be assuming that Bessie being paranoid of me having info would lead to her going for the NK on me, but if Boom/Fonti were on the team I'm assuming they would take charge a bit.

What were Boom and Fonti's full claims and actions so far again?

Trisscar

Smash Ace
" I believe I'm responsible for the no kill, and doubt that scum have a strongman available. Also, if wam says that his jail blocks everything, he'd need to have been RBed for my vanillization to have gone through, so that's sus as hell. "

....Ok now I actually want to know what happened N1. Did neither mala OR Vic actually get a mod reply that something procced?

fontisian

Smash Champion
Not scum:
Eido
Vic
Ryu - possible 3p but we shouldn't focus on that

Others:
Frozen
Trisscar
Boom
Fonti

There are 2 town and 2 scum in the others if scum team is 3.

Alot of people seem to be assuming that Bessie being paranoid of me having info would lead to her going for the NK on me, but if Boom/Fonti were on the team I'm assuming they would take charge a bit.

What were Boom and Fonti's full claims and actions so far again?
Town Hacker. Sends a drone to hack investigative results, if the player has any. Targeted Vic n1, Trisscar n2, nothing. I think I actually misspoke earlier and said I targeted Boom when I was actually only thinking about doing that and targeted Triss instead. I forgot because of the no result and only remembered last night when I was, uh, asking Chaco if the inno child thing was indeed confirmed and not just random flavor text, just to cover my bases.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don’t care for the cult talk, for me I don’t put alignment changing roles in my games but that is a me thing.

actually I misread my role pm I have to actively reploy the death and I have shrouded in darkness but a lethal action will destroy my death totem. I dunno if this affects night actions targeting me but nothing specifies it.

glad I did not or otherwise if that is true I would not have gotten the gun.
Ruy what did you mean by "I have shrouded in darkness"

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Just because YOU have never seen this variation of the role doesn’t mean that it doesn’t exist. I can maybe see your suspicion, but I am very suspicious that you called me a liar and voted for me instead of looking it up. Or asking me a question. Or asking the thread in general if anyone else was familiar with this role.

Edit: Actually I think I’m not going to answer this just to annoy FrozenFlame.

I didn’t receive result that will tell me Makakandra’s alignment. Again, you are scum reading me because YOU don’t understand how the role works.
lmao I forgot how petty she was, hate to LAMIST but jfc anyone who thinks I could be mates with bessie after this is out of their mind

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Mirage, Holographic Trickster, Double Voter, Me (obv), Note: Exists
Also looking at this chart I'm wondering why they said Shadow voter instead. The heck.
Also agreed that on first look Bessie role is susp.
hate all of these posts

****ty incomplete claim, trying to make light of previous slot occupant's misrepresentation of the ability, instant distancing from bessie on a whimsy basis

Prob being coached to distance here IMO, esp in light of my earlier quote of bessie above singling out UP for no reason when shes about to die

Trisscar

Smash Ace
hate all of these posts

****ty incomplete claim, trying to make light of previous slot occupant's misrepresentation of the ability, instant distancing from bessie on a whimsy basis

Prob being coached to distance here IMO, esp in light of my earlier quote of bessie above singling out UP for no reason when shes about to die
Well now I'm slightly offended. I don't need coaching to do things, nor do I tend to take kindly to it being forced upon me. Honestly.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
is this scum/night killer POV slip? One shot BP is strong sure but only against lethal moves which people who have the ability to kill will weigh more highly
It's powerful because despite being a one-shot, it will stick around until the actual shot happens, as opposed to if it was "guess the night and ability, sure hope you gambled well".
Yes, from what I've seen from the usual power levels of forum maf, that is high end.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well now I'm slightly offended. I don't need coaching to do things, nor do I tend to take kindly to it being forced upon me. Honestly.
Dont take it personally, youre the second replacement coming in at a high pressure moment with your mate with dayvig gun to her head, its about as appropriate a time to be coached and go along with what the team asks you as ever

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
At this point, seeing as we almost certainly get by with a mislynch, I think it's be safest for the confirmed town to just decide who we're all voting for once everyone's put out their scum teams. Trying to get more information from voting patterns now seems very dangerous.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Fonti I'mma say that while your plans are cool and intricate, if they have enough similar confusion points, you may wanna KISS principle this thing. If you can actually completely separate them regardless of what scum could have or whether the individuals involved do as they say, then cool, but that seems unlikely from this (having joined game like an hour or so ago) position.
Should I be wondering what the heck UP did to rouse suspicion with Fonti?
Triss and fonti prob not mates

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Except that is not in the slightest how I react to pressure, but your superior-sounding consolation is noted.

Also I've shown before that if I'm coming into a volatile situation and recognize it, I tend to attempt to defuse things. For example, Throne Room on MTGS.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
At this point, seeing as we almost certainly get by with a mislynch, I think it's be safest for the confirmed town to just decide who we're all voting for once everyone's put out their scum teams. Trying to get more information from voting patterns now seems very dangerous.
yeah this is a good take

I think the only plays that make sense are boom and triss at this point, fonti isnt clear by any means but she looks better than these two

Triss has literally just been playing the self preservation defensive game, have seen no effort to solve from her and her only legitimate accusation has been OMGUS at me for "flailing"

The more I re-read the worse and worse boom continues to look esp at EoD1 and around the time of the vig shot D2

I also think yeeting the doublevoter and double replacement slot is better for the health of the game heading toward late game and I know Ill personally learn much more from the triss slot flip

Keeping my vote there for now until re-read is done but am willing to compromise on boom assuming I dont feel the slot is rehabbed when I finish the full re-read

Top Bottom