• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex Legends Mafia: Boosted GAME OVER Who won?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm not reading it as towny as you are, I think, except for the Maven stuff, maybe. I liked the reactions to me. I'm willing to give him space to work.

I disliked the phrasing around the bessie stuff, specifically the "But I heard Bessie is mason." I may be misreading it, but it seems like he's hedging on whether Bessie is actually a mason and maybe doesn't fully believe it, which feels kind of scummy. Alternatively, UP could be meaning "but /then/ I heard Bessie is a mason," in which case he's just explaining his process and the phrasing is fine.

Anyway.
Is Bessie mason?
I have no idea, lol.
this three post chain is spooky af

Trisscar

Smash Ace
It's hard to do that Today, because I basically have only had Trisscar interacting with me. It's why I need Ryu and Frozen here and talking. I don't want to die and have town!Frozen tunnel into town!Trisscar.
...I was going to ask Frozens thoughts to help out with this, but it appears I didn't need to. Fair enough.

Trisscar Trisscar is there anyone or anything you feel strongly about? You seem to be keeping everything open while not dedicating to any stance or direction.
Gimme a mo, i'll come back to this.

@Anyone with more experience with Sabrar than me

Why doesn't town!Sabrar come right out and claim double voter? this is the go to pro town move

we were going to figure out that a double vote was floating our there eventually, why keep that information nebulous if you're trying to help town? just creates room for manipulation and confusion
I assume something about valuable PRs, or at least that is the first thing that occurs to me. Don't feel like I have enough exp with Sabrar to say for sure though.

anyways I gotta go host dnd so I will be poking inhere and there today.
Ayyy, nice! Have fun!

retracting this sentiment as I stand corrected, double vote claim came on page 10 and it was immediately after ryker claimed mason so relatively early and I think sab had only voted once in those 10 pages, still kind of a hesitation per textbook approach standard but it wasn't as late as I originally thought
partially retracting my retraction remembering the context that neither, sab, UP, nor triss has been entirely forthcoming about their role literally the entire game
Tbf I was furiously trying to think of why my role was marked as KP. I assumed there was some kind of plan going on that I wasn't seeing, for a while there.

this post is so ****ing ugly
the **** was this
UP being snarky apparently. I approve UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin . ;)

Trisscar

Smash Ace
#HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu .....finding your "at" just took way more time than necessary, darn you all. XD

I think Fontisian is slowly trending towards word salad a little. Some of their posts have made me go a bit crosseyed trying to figure out what they mean, possibly because my brain is not keeping up today, possibly cause of grammar, iunno.

Frozen feels like they're flailing atm.

Can this be scum theatre? I suspect Fonti could do it but can Frozen?

.....Honestly Frozen just looks worse to me now with the stuff they've posted today. Which.... is not how i felt looking at the claimed roles.
Heck if I know. I need to go get lunch, back in a coupe hours.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
GroupScum rateImprovement
All players25.76%
Players identified as flailing28.71%11.5%
Players identified as flailing by town34.92%35.6%
Players accusing others of flailing34.65%34.5%
Players accusing town of flailing42.25%64.0%

fontisian

Smash Champion
#HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu .....finding your "at" just took way more time than necessary, darn you all. XD

I think Fontisian is slowly trending towards word salad a little. Some of their posts have made me go a bit crosseyed trying to figure out what they mean, possibly because my brain is not keeping up today, possibly cause of grammar, iunno.

Frozen feels like they're flailing atm.

Can this be scum theatre? I suspect Fonti could do it but can Frozen?

.....Honestly Frozen just looks worse to me now with the stuff they've posted today. Which.... is not how i felt looking at the claimed roles.
Heck if I know. I need to go get lunch, back in a coupe hours.
Hi, I hate this.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Fontisian - I have been able to follow her thoughts and they are aligned with mine. I don't see any manipulation going on here. The only tinfoil I have is Fonti-UP, but it's not something I'd consider unless my bottom three are atrociously wrong.
now thats something fun to chew on from town!Xivii

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Laser and wam town reading each other has me feeling like they are both town. If High Judge Mala decides to pardon them I think we should look at the coasters: vicarin, FrozenFlame and redryu.

Or scum is exactly Xivii and Fonti. But we're not going there toDay. If I'm dead by D3 take a serious look at that possibility.
why is bessie conspicuously absent from this post when floating last minute pivots after he starts to leane town!laser and town!wam

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
fonti your concession that bessie is likely scum but pushing super hard for the laser misyeet reads very much like resigning yourself to the trade but needing to push the ****ty order of operations to ensure you're atleast trading town tracker for your bus of bessie

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
lets be honest following your proposed orders of operations this game wouldn't have had a great yield, my confidence isn't very high

My proposed order of operations at eod 1 was Laser town -> Bessie, remember?
so yeah this checks out but still can be scum!fonti pushed suboptimal order of operations knowing bessies flip was inevitable and wanting arguably towns biggest info generating PR for it

fontisian

Smash Champion
this one really has me scratching my head
Consider that when I said I was fine with a Bessie yeet, just nervous, I was telling the truth. So, I had accepted a Bessie yeet and dealt with my nerves about it to an extent, and then Ryker Unvoted and I had to have the opposite nervous "what if Laser is town and Bessie is scum" stress instead. Hence the "I hate you."

I thought the way Boom was kind of defending Laser never happened in a Laser/Boom w/w world.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
BoomFrog BoomFrog why did your slot go out of its way to answer this particular general question I posed re: what I perceived to be Sabrar LAMISTing early D1

somi didn't post a whole lot, what do you think motivated this? yes I understand you don't have a crystal ball or cerebro
Best guess is Sabrar is someone Somi has meta knowledge of since we'all XKCDians. I have to admit I skipped reading Somi on my reread, so not a lot of context.

partially retracting my retraction remembering the context that neither, sab, UP, nor triss has been entirely forthcoming about their role literally the entire game
Agreed with Fonti, UP admitted the full ability but just didn't communicate well. Trisscar as a replacement was reasonably cautious. I'd call this NAI.

the **** was this
Typical UP also NAI

kinda suss that boom liked my first post from today (which was essentially contentless) and has yet to post anything =/
I'm reading on my phone between housework. I'm going to be busy all weekend.

why [was UP being weirded out by similar lists townie?]
Scum UP would have been self conscious about having lists similar to others and would have to be pretty bold to basically call himself out on copying others. Also (according to Fonti, I didn't really check this) his list didn't actually match most people, he just felt like it matched the lists he cared about. That's a hard feeling to fake, scum UP would be more self conscious about it and know for sure his list did it didn't match.

Also, in retrospect, the two consensus yeets at that time were Laser and wam, so Scum!UP wouldn't have wanted to rock that boat.

I still don't think Sazincar is scum. Which means something wild Vic or Red.

Frozen is still working on his due diligence, but I'd like everyone else who's not town confirmed to lay down a vote. (Triss can just say who they would vote for, not actually vote). Too many people are trying to wiggle out of committing here.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Hi, I hate this.
XD , fair.
I dunno it's just kinda interesting yall are going to those places at the same time, though tbf stress of late-ish game.

Frozen is still working on his due diligence, but I'd like everyone else who's not town confirmed to lay down a vote. (Triss can just say who they would vote for, not actually vote). Too many people are trying to wiggle out of committing here.
....making me have to make decisions like an adult, how dare

Ughhhh ok. Fonti started doing a reread in thread, this is NAI.

Frozen had time to do things, and started doing something similar but started spamming the thread with it, which is kinda weird, though I'm aware that may just be a posting style, still feels a bit iffy.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Going by the meta of town doesn't care about being nice, and mafia wants to make sure everybody likes them, Fonti or Boom would be the play today.

If we assume that Frozen either does not care, or is playing to that meta, they would be the play.

Fonti had an extremely complex plan, that happened to avoid using hte gun till night when it could be stolen, or the carrier killed.
It also preserved a mafia member for a night.
They seemed very.... i unno, disturbed that their plan was looked upon so poorly? I can think of reasons for that from both directions.

Boom not pushing me is weird? Like really weird.

Fonti is explaining as they go. Vaguely build-a-narrative-y.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
By contrast Frozen is just reacting to things from D1 apparently, with not a lot of context. Which could be "I don't want this to be easy to parse".

Vicarin Vicarin Ello, do you still exist?

Vicarin was being kinda abrasive earlier, could be more "anti-town is town" meta.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
I think, that hte preferable place for mafia, is in the middle.

It keeps the slot out of the limelight, and lets the more outspoken members of the game play dodgeball till endgame.

This does not mean that all the maf are doing this, but i have noticed a tendency for mafia teams to have a couple outspoken members, and a couple in the background ones. Ala picking roles in MOBAs or what have you.

Hilariously enough that points directly at Ryu.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
How was Bessie acting before they were caught out by whatever it was? Were they being more or less outspoken than usual?

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
Trisscar Trisscar really? I was sleeping, the Modkill happened at 2am for me lol.

You also think that Red as Mafia just straight up shot their partner when they had other options? Really? I can buy Red as SK, not as Mafia.

Top Bottom