• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex Legends Mafia: Boosted GAME OVER Who won?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I think boom dropped this earlier but I do not take FF’s lack of being around for the same mine should not be.

I tend to have busy like weeks and I try to contribute once a day. FF is likely in the same situation with his job.

this isn’t a scum tell for him or me these days.

anyways I gotta go host dnd so I will be poking inhere and there today.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame Boop me when you are done posting, I want to read your full thoughts

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Bessie, Xivii, FF, and Wam can all make it to day two.

Laserguy is my best friend and obviously town.

Eido also probably town.

There's two or three more players in this game and they haven't made a large impression on me.
These reads, they are not great.

Well, the Bessie/Xivii stuff is fine, because Xivii is towny and I'm willing to just take his word on it for Bessie. And Eido is probably town if he's not lying about his prior experience.

Frozen, though, may not actually be town. And Wam's scummy af.

Your Vicarin push is just weird, to be honest, he's not really doing anything alignment indicative except being pretty chill under pressure. Haven't seen anything from Maven, but hey, maybe I'll see something scummy from him and these reads will look better.
lmao fonti looks awful here

fontisian

Smash Champion
lmao fonti looks awful here
*****, I do not. I townread Xivii, and said I trusted wherever he would end up on Bessie, which was correct. Then I townread Eido. Then I waffled on you. Then I pushed Wam. Then I told Ryker his Vicarin push wasn't great. Likely the only thing wrong in there is the Wam push.

fontisian

Smash Champion
weird way to claim town credit for conveniently offloading your read of scum!bessie to xivii but go off
Relying on townreads who know someone better than you is not scummy, and Xivii suspecting Bessie is why I narrowed in on her in the end. As a wolf, I would have known Xivii was going to get to wolf on Bessie eventually, there's no reason for me to support sheeping him on her in advance.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
ryker was also advocating for letting scum!bessie go to day 2 and you immediately backtracked your "these are all bad reads" rhetoric SPECIFCALLY to validate his placement of her

fontisian

Smash Champion
ryker was also advocating for letting scum!bessie go to day 2 and you immediately backtracked your "these are all bad reads" rhetoric SPECIFCALLY to validate his placement of her
?

No, that wasn't the point of the post. The point was to talk to Ryker about him being in a bad spot in general, because his town/scum split wasn't great, and was very different from mine. It wasn't about who was going to go to D2, because it was so early in the Day, it obviously wasn't going to have much bearing on the eod votes.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
so let me get this straight

ryker has an early reads list where he literally correct on everyone's alignment except bessies

you literally said "these are bad reads" to that post

you contradict CONTRADICT MULTIPLE CORRECT READS in that post EXCEPT FOR BESSIE when he's advocating for all those slots to go to day 2

and you don't think you look bad?

fontisian

Smash Champion
so let me get this straight

ryker has an early reads list where he literally correct on everyone's alignment except bessies

you literally said "these are bad reads" to that post

you contradict CONTRADICT MULTIPLE CORRECT READS in that post EXCEPT FOR BESSIE when he's advocating for all those slots to go to day 2

and you don't think you look bad?
Uh, yeah.

You're interpreting it in the worst possible light? Like, one, I don't have perfect info, I'm talking to Ryker to figure **** out. Two, I was correct that there was a wrong read in there. Asking Ryker to talk about **** while supporting the good reads in there (Xivii, Eido, you later) is not scummy. And you understand that the effect of what I was doing /undermined/ his Bessie townread ultimately, right? Like, I told him and everyone to trust Xivii on Bessie, Xivii came back with a correct scumread on Bessie eventually. I did because I knew Xivii was town and I knew if Bessie was scum he'd get her.

Worth noting that Xivii was already starting to scumread Bessie at this point, btw, I just hadn't started incorporating that into my reads.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
As a wolf, I would have known Xivii was going to get to wolf on Bessie eventually, there's no reason for me to support sheeping him on her in advance.
lmao this is so blatantly false, you turbo bussed your partners last game the minute you know they were going down, sheeping isnt the best way to get town cred from scum!bessie flip but it still works and is a low risk early investment incase the wind (i.e. xivii) conveniently starts blowing elsewere

also as a wolf you would never resign yourself this early in the game to "x slot WILL solve y mates slot and I have to play around that." Did you just share a whole article from thingyman about powerwolfing recently?

fontisian

Smash Champion
With the Maven flip, the last wolf might be Trisscar? I don't really know. I need to go over everything some more, bleh.

It makes me more certain on Boom, if anything, because, uh, poe.

fontisian

Smash Champion
lmao this is so blatantly false, you turbo bussed your partners last game the minute you know they were going down, sheeping isnt the best way to get town cred from scum!bessie flip but it still works and is a low risk early investment incase the wind (i.e. xivii) conveniently starts blowing elsewere

also as a wolf you would never resign yourself this early in the game to "x slot WILL solve y mates slot and I have to play around that." Did you just share a whole article from thingyman about powerwolfing recently?
You're correct, I wouldn't resign myself to "x slot with solve y mates slot." I'd play around it. I'd undermine Xivii's position, push people against him, undermine his footing, and make him focus /on me/ instead of her. Instead, I supported him and his pushes, told everyone he was town and why, and told him when his paranoia was driving him off the rails. I tried to support and raise him up, because that's how I play town, not undermine and destroy, like I do as scum.

Look at how I powerwolfed in Things and Sumting. When my teammates were in danger, I made a spectacle of /myself/. I took scum onto me so that I would be the focus instead of my teammates, because I knew I'd always be able to fight my way out of it. I distanced from Dark Horse, but at the same time I always deflected away from him and onto a convenient town target, until Pythag killed him. I defended Kary constantly and cemented him in the towncore. I only turned on him because he gave up. If he hadn't, I would have kept deflecting from him to the end.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
@Anyone with more experience with Sabrar than me

Why doesn't town!Sabrar come right out and claim double voter? this is the go to pro town move

we were going to figure out that a double vote was floating our there eventually, why keep that information nebulous if you're trying to help town? just creates room for manipulation and confusion
BTW I'm a Double-voter (with some minor complications).
retracting this sentiment as I stand corrected, double vote claim came on page 10 and it was immediately after ryker claimed mason so relatively early and I think sab had only voted once in those 10 pages, still kind of a hesitation per textbook approach standard but it wasn't as late as I originally thought

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Missed that question. My b. Mafia double voter is a powerful role, but town double voter really isn't. It could be on either side and fit my hypothesis. I HIGHLY suspect janitor exists in a set-up like this (which is why I wanted to claim).
scum double voter seems to fit the overall power role balance in this game with town being so stacked

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
hate to be a reductionist lame-o but just from an EV perspective yeeting sab/UP/triss slot might just be the safe play like that slot is just a toxin festing in this game

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
also don't sit here and pretend with me like that slot ISNT ****ING HIDING SOMETHING ABOUT THEIR ROLE JFC

they obviously do more than double vote and have been shady about it all game, reeks of partial fakeclaim

fontisian

Smash Champion
also don't sit here and pretend with me like that slot ISNT ****ING HIDING SOMETHING ABOUT THEIR ROLE JFC

they obviously do more than double vote and have been shady about it all game, reeks of partial fakeclaim
Possibly, yeah.

Worth noting that UP actually said the thing about them being able to target someone at Night to cancel the double vote. I thought Trisscar being forced into saying that Yesterday was the first time it was brought up, but UP actually said it just after he replaced in.

That's not confirmation, obviously, because wolf!Trisscar's teammates likely just let her know, but it's not as out of left field as a I thought.

Anyway.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Frozen, friend, you're seeing things that legitimately point against Bessie/UP as distancing and obvious distancing between Wam and Bessie as clearing. You've got a confirmation bias problem.

(Yes, I am prepared to eat crow if Wam is town and UP scum.)
you have no idea how bad I want to know if you have to eat crow, we're halfway there

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
So, here it is. The catch behind my double vote...

If I vote for the entire place and unvote 7 times in a row, I immediately kill all players who haven’t told Chaco that he’s handsome in the current Day phase. Y’all better get on that, because who knows when I might activate it 😱

:joyful:
Had to hit em with the double troll. My first vote lingers. That’s all. I can move my second vote wherever I want after that. Tbh it’s a very simple ability but it seemed like it was something wild the way Sabrar mentioned that before he left so of course I had to hype it up. Also, it was Xivii who wanted to know and I was kinda given strict instructions to yeet them; well, not really strict per se but it was important enough to him to mention that in his last breath, so I wanted to make sure I wasn’t doing anything dumb by claiming immediately, although there really wasn’t a reason for me not to claim immediately. So take it as you will
this post is so ****ing ugly

Top Bottom