• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex Legends Mafia: Boosted GAME OVER Who won?

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Ok, I have no idea what you're talking about when you say I'm flailing?
You were just trying to get people to shoot Frozen like a page ago, and you've been trying to push a plan that is constantly changing and therefore has a good chance to have holes that can be exploited. You also don't seem happy, but that may be unrelated.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
First off Xivii, I find it incredibly amusing that you brought up Wams because I totally forgot about that. I dont have extra info. If I did I would share it because someone is lying, the only situation I wouldn't is if I had some sort of post restriction that stopped me from saying things directly, which doesn't really fit with this game.

Secondly, i think its equally likely that Chaco throws in a role to throw off our tracker that is on the town side just to mess with things. I find trisscars obvious floundering and confusion fairly towny as its indicative they aren't in a scum chat.
Really? So you are just psychic or what?

I think Triss is 3P as I've been saying all game.

fontisian

Smash Champion
fontisian fontisian Your original questions was if Frozen would be notified if he died. The answer is that yes, everyone will be notified when he misses a whole day phase

You are not. Paraphrasing is allowed.
Ah yeah, I had forgotten the missing Day Phase part, probably because I dismissed it at the time of reading as not really important.

Again, I don't see how it's relevant. You're saying you think I'm scum but I don't see how you could possibly believe I am. I am playing extremely differently to Things, because I'm town, and both Laser and Xivii were able to see that clearly, so you should be able to as well. If it's just that you think I'm with Bessie then 1.you shouldn't be setting up to defend Bessie via my role and 2. you should still know better, because you know I am good at interacting with teammates to make us look unaligned and I'm not doing anything like that here.

Do you have actual reasons? Because to me it looks like scum!you sees your teammates in a corner and is working to get them out of it.

And if you think I'm scum, why would you approve of shooting Frozen, when that's what I've been pushing for?

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Really? So you are just psychic or what
I definitely do not have some sort of extra power and totally just have latent psychic ability that made my brain associate people with different jobs in my kingdom that happened to some what fit their roles.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
The only role that could affect is Tracker, right? So most likely the two aren't the same alignments.
I imagine Chaco is doing at least some of what I do when balancing all PR games and including roles that don't actually do much of anything. I vehemently hate cult and put a Patriot in my game, for example.

fontisian

Smash Champion
You were just trying to get people to shoot Frozen like a page ago, and you've been trying to push a plan that is constantly changing and therefore has a good chance to have holes that can be exploited. You also don't seem happy, but that may be unrelated.

What?

No I'm not. I have one plan, slightly amended from an issue Ryker pointed out (i.e. that Boom's redirect also effects me, lol). You're saying there are "holes" but you're not actually assessing the plan itself.

For the shot, I'm saying it should go in you/Frozen/Maven, and that I prefer Frozen of the three, but am considering you as well, especially with Xivii's push on you and your current pushback against me. It's really not complicated.

Also, my mood is fine? I'm stressed about the election, but I don't think that's slipping into this.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
The third party bit fits that, but I struggle to see any role besides a yeeter fitting it. Trisscar if you are a yeeter lmk, especially if it is xivii, im down to yeet xivii to get you the win as long as it doesn't make us lose. We can work together here

Trisscar

Smash Ace
No I'm not. I have one plan, slightly amended from an issue Ryker pointed out (i.e. that Boom's redirect also effects me, lol). You're saying there are "holes" but you're not actually assessing the plan itself.
Commented on how much it changed in a short span of time, that would cause the holes. Fair that I have not read it thoroughly, but that was still not my point tbf.
The third party bit fits that, but I struggle to see any role besides a yeeter fitting it. Trisscar if you are a yeeter lmk, especially if it is xivii, im down to yeet xivii to get you the win as long as it doesn't make us lose. We can work together here
Not an executioner.
....that's something else in forum maf isn't it. ugggghhhh

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Actually I'm starting to think we may have no mafia in the game, so as your king im here to propose a solution. Everyone write spoilers tags and tell me if you are mafia or town or 3p, I will be the only one to look at them and then if no one says mafia I say we should shoot Chaco, if I see a mafia in there, then we shoot me to test vicarin. Let's start now.

fontisian

Smash Champion
To be clear, the plan is:
1. Wam targets Vic.
2. Bessie 50/50s a target on Eido/Ryker
3. I target Bessie.
4. Boom 50/50s a redirect away from me/or doesn't use it (or uses it on someone other than Vic, Eido, Ryker and Bessie if he's feeling frisky).

Trisscar Trisscar Address the actual plan, please.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Commented on how much it changed in a short span of time, that would cause the holes. Fair that I have not read it thoroughly, but that was still not my point tbf.

Not an executioner.
....that's something else in forum maf isn't it. ugggghhhh
It literally has only one change from when I first proposed it, which is Boom 50/50ing me/no one instead of me/Bessie.

What is your point, then?

fontisian

Smash Champion
Actually I'm starting to think we may have no mafia in the game, so as your king im here to propose a solution. Everyone write spoilers tags and tell me if you are mafia or town or 3p, I will be the only one to look at them and then if no one says mafia I say we should shoot Chaco, if I see a mafia in there, then we shoot me to test vicarin. Let's start now.
My dude, Vicarin is the only who could have conceivably stopped the kill last Night, outside of like a bulletproof 3p or something ridiculous, so he's town.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
To be clear, the plan is:
1. Wam targets Vic.
2. Bessie 50/50s a target on Eido/Ryker
3. I target Bessie.
4. Boom 50/50s a redirect away from me/or doesn't use it (or uses it on someone other than Vic, Eido, Ryker and Bessie if he's feeling frisky).

Trisscar Trisscar Address the actual plan, please.
Are any of these abilities one shots, odd/even night, or any other restriction?
Assuming they aren't,....
Why is your role phrased "receives investigative results" how does that actually work
Is mason a faction
This feels like it makes you the only balance point somehow.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
My dude, Vicarin is the only who could have conceivably stopped the kill last Night, outside of like a bulletproof 3p or something ridiculous, so he's town.
shhhh I'm trying to get mafia to out themselves

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I am the Mafia Disguiser. Once per game, I can change the alignment displayed on a player's flip.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Ok I'm getting signs from my mortal form that if I do not get some sleep I will experience a revolt. I'mma bed, I'll skim through all nearly 50 pages once i'm up and about again.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Unvote Xivii

So rn we have 1 true clear (me) 2 mason probable clears (Ryker Eido) 2 probable role clears (Wam, Vicarin) and multiple roles that we can confirm the existence of. I need to think about this.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
BoomFrog BoomFrog BoomFrog BoomFrog Give me a more detailed walk through your process at EoD1. Specifically, what got you off of Bessie and back to Laserguy? How have the mass claim and flip enhanced that perspective?
D1 Bessie's content was mostly just sparse. Scummy only because everyone else was townie. She doesn't do well in games where the day phase doesn't go over weekends because she takes her work seriously. Also, tbh I like playing with her and she got missyeeted D2 last game. Fonti was frothing at the mouth confident and I've been there and it's frustrating to be ignored. If we yeeted Bessie and she flipped town we'd spend all D2 with just Fonti being sure Laser was scum and we'd get nothing out of the day, so I went with Laser.

Vic, wam, Maven have all handled claims in a townie way and I trust them. Utopicarbrar is townie on tone from all three heads. Red and Bessie are certainly not aligned. That leaves us with:
Xivii-Red-???
Ryker-Eido-???
Fonti-Bessie-???

??? is almost certainly FrozenFlame tbh, but maybe Trissabzin . Red feels town, I think scum!Red would have shot sooner and Xivii feels like townie paranoia Xivii. Fonti seems willing to go for UP or FF and I don't think I'll get a solid read on which one she actually prefers unless we offer them both up and let her hammer. I'd like to force scum to shoot you or Eido first if you are masons.

So here we are, playing some mafia.

fontisian

Smash Champion
1. Are any of these abilities one shots, odd/even night, or any other restriction?
Assuming they aren't,....
2. Why is your role phrased "receives investigative results" how does that actually work
3. Is mason a faction
4. This feels like it makes you the only balance point somehow.
1. Boom's ability is the only one with a restriction, as far as I am aware. Bessie's, Wam's and mine can all be used every Night, as claimed.

2. For example, say I target a regular cop. That cop then targets Osie, for example, and learns he is town. I then learn that the cop learned that Osie is town.

3. No. Mason is a term for a paired group of town (generally two people) who each know the other person is town. Ryker and Eido and claiming masons, but we don't know if that is true. By confirming the alignment of one of them, we get to confirm both.

4. It doesn't make me the only balance point, because if Bessie is town it's her checking on Ryker/Eido and if she's scum it makes her lock in something for their alignment which can be judged afterwards, or (if the scumteam roleblock Bessie) it means scum can't used the roleblock to help them kill confirms in Vic and Mala.

And addendum to 4. The most likely result of this plan is that I will die and Boom will be roleblocked (or fake "roleblocked," which still means scum cannot use the roleblock on someone else). I consider this outcome decent good for town because 1. Bessie will still have to lock in something on Ryker/Eido, and you all will still likely yeet her immediately afterwards and 2. I would be dying instead of the confirmed town.

fontisian

Smash Champion
D1 Bessie's content was mostly just sparse. Scummy only because everyone else was townie. She doesn't do well in games where the day phase doesn't go over weekends because she takes her work seriously. Also, tbh I like playing with her and she got missyeeted D2 last game. Fonti was frothing at the mouth confident and I've been there and it's frustrating to be ignored. If we yeeted Bessie and she flipped town we'd spend all D2 with just Fonti being sure Laser was scum and we'd get nothing out of the day, so I went with Laser.

Vic, wam, Maven have all handled claims in a townie way and I trust them. Utopicarbrar is townie on tone from all three heads. Red and Bessie are certainly not aligned. That leaves us with:
Xivii-Red-???
Ryker-Eido-???
Fonti-Bessie-???

??? is almost certainly FrozenFlame tbh, but maybe Trissabzin . Red feels town, I think scum!Red would have shot sooner and Xivii feels like townie paranoia Xivii. Fonti seems willing to go for UP or FF and I don't think I'll get a solid read on which one she actually prefers unless we offer them both up and let her hammer. I'd like to force scum to shoot you or Eido first if you are masons.

So here we are, playing some mafia.
Here's the thing, scum isn't going to kill Eido/Ryker, because they can't afford to. If we yeet Bessie, they'll roleblock Wam and kill Vicarin and then Mala, or they'll kill Wam -> Vic -> Mala and use the roleblock elsewhere. Scum will go for the path to victory of waiting until we freak out about Eido/Ryker still being alive and try to kill them. This can only be avoided by either 1. Checking one of them or 2. Flipping two scum (presuming we're not dealing with a 4-man scumteam, which seems unlikely).

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
The most likely result of this plan is that I will die and Boom will be roleblocked
The most likely result of this plan is that Bessie gets Roleblocked and nothing is resolved. Xivii is right, we should just all use our best judgement and be accountable for it.

fontisian

Smash Champion
The most likely result of this plan is that Bessie gets Roleblocked and nothing is resolved. Xivii is right, we should just all use our best judgement and be accountable for it.
If Bessie is roleblocked, that means Wam isn't being roleblocked. That's fine.

Why are you acting like this is a problem?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Starting from 1012

Fonti votes laser 1053
Ryker votes laser 1055
Mala votes laser 1091
Boom unvotes wam 1131

I’ll pick that up later work is a pain today being hella busy.

fontisian

Smash Champion
If we were going "use our best judgement" we shouldn't have ****ing massclaimed. The whole point of massclaim is to let us make coordinated actions with a better understanding of what's going on in the game, not give all the information about our roles to scum and then yolo it. This is ridiculous.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Fonti, in your plan, if hypothetically I could give another gun, who should I give it to?
Mala. He's guaranteed to be alive and to be town.

If you want to give it to someone sketchy instead, to see what they do, there's merit to that, but it would also depend on how the flips go Today. Not me obviously, as I might be targeted by Boom.

Top Bottom