• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex Legends Mafia: Boosted GAME OVER Who won?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Why is UP marked down as extra kill power?
What is your visiting ability?

The world I'm trying to win in is the "what if Bessie is town" world. Is it unlikely? Absolutely. But it doesn't really cost us anything to pursue it, if we're going to end up killing Frozen anyway.

Re the Thief thing 1. it was 3am, and I was following the election, not this. 2. I thought your chart was confirming that Bessie claimed the Thief character, and her role didn't make sense with that, so some sort of item theft thing wasn't out of the question. I now know that's not the case.
I think keeping the gun around is too risky and it needs to be used today.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
He claimed an offensive night action when pressed, no other details.
....... shakes head I cannot even, I really wish they had left something in the role pm or similar that could tell me what their plan was.
Consider the fact that the flavor of this role is holographic, and that apparently they said that the ability was "Shadow Voter" and not "Double Voter".
I can visit a player, however it does nothing else.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Also it actually destroys the double vote ability if I use it, and from what I have been told it was considered to be useless as a result.

fontisian

Smash Champion
....... shakes head I cannot even, I really wish they had left something in the role pm or similar that could tell me what their plan was.
Consider the fact that the flavor of this role is holographic, and that apparently they said that the ability was "Shadow Voter" and not "Double Voter".
I can visit a player, however it does nothing else.
That's uh, a weird role. Did UP visit anyone last Night?

Trisscar

Smash Ace
I assume they had a plan, if they were being that vague and misleading with their info, but heck if I know what it is and heck if I can find it, so... XD

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Also would like to note that a character named Mirage being a killing role would be weird flavor.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I assume they had a plan, if they were being that vague and misleading with their info, but heck if I know what it is and heck if I can find it, so... XD
He claimed doublevoter. I called it shadow votes since it leaves the vote on. The kill power I was referring to was the doublevoting.

It's hard for me to see this visiting role as town. I guess it could confuse scum!Watcher or scum!Tracker, but Boom's ability being 1-shot doesn't seem like that would have a good shot at hitting. So I think your role has to be non-town. Especially since you didn't claim this right away as a part of the mass claim.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
OBJECTION! (younger brother suggested Ace Attorney, and I'm tired enough to go along).

If the previous holder of this role had a solid plan, my immediately outing it would lose that advantage, however large or small it may have been. Despite my telling Fonti to KISS principle, I am fond of large scale intricate plans, I just also recognize that they rarely work. XD

I feel like this is similar to Voldemort's Throne Room, in that a lot of the ability sets (and therefore slots) were randomly assigned to a faction. However I haven't read the starting post yet to check if that's actually specifically said to be structured (which would be unusual but hey) so heck if I know.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Also was under the impression that people think tracker is false or something? Guessing that's not universal then as an opinion?

Also don't see how a non-effective visit does anything for mafia either? Not with current setup at least, unless you like... claimed second doc or something, AND had someone actually see you. I guess it could tell someone that it triggered their "you are immune" thing like with Maven, but that's more of a town confirm thing, or at least a "I confirm my role claim thing".

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure the claims and the lack of night kill clear Vic, since we know Wam didn't make the save, and we know Ryu wasn't shot (he didn't lose his totem). I'm not sure if Frozen is notified if he's shot, but I also think he would have been an unlikely nk target Yesterday anyway.
Frozen said he misses a whole day if he dies. As bessie would say, I find it interesting that you aren't tracking details like that.

I'm just PoE lynching Maven or UP or FF (in that order).
My order would be FF, Maven, Trisstopibrar. UP's concern about matching vote lists was a pretty genuinely townie thought.

But I really want to just yeet Fonti first. Like, her whole plan easily gets in a stalemate or Bessie being RBed or claiming RB and we have to keep both of them alive. It's easily interfered with and falls apart if she is scum.

I don't believe so. Mala predicted Wam's role as well. So he's likely fibbing about not being informed.
A) You're wrong, Mala clearly was just rolling with it. B) If you beleive this why would you not support King Mala's ruse by going along with it?

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Yup, do note that that removes the double vote however, so please take that into consideration for if you want me to do so.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
A) You're wrong, Mala clearly was just rolling with it. B) If you beleive this why would you not support King Mala's ruse by going along with it?
I mean no, he indicated Laser and Wam's role before getting any feedback. Also, you're the one that brought it up.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Frozen said he misses a whole day if he dies. As bessie would say, I find it interesting that you aren't tracking details like that.

My order would be FF, Maven, Trisstopibrar. UP's concern about matching vote lists was a pretty genuinely townie thought.

But I really want to just yeet Fonti first. Like, her whole plan easily gets in a stalemate or Bessie being RBed or claiming RB and we have to keep both of them alive. It's easily interfered with and falls apart if she is scum.

I literally did not see that. I'll go look for it.

Your logic is ridiculous. You're trying to get me to support not killing Bessie while supporting killing me, most likely because you believe my town!flip can be used to defend Bessie. If you actually believed Bessie was scum, which is the entire basis for your concern about me, then you'd advocate killing her here, not killing me first. Additionally, my plan locks scum!me into having to confirm Bessie or waste a roleblock, which my scumteam could better use to interfere with Wam. And third, if the plan doesn't work out, there is literally nothing stopping us from yeeting Bessie Tomorrow, it's just a delay. And, and, you agree with my kill order of Frozen first, which is not like town!you when you're normally extremely team focused.

fontisian

Smash Champion

Also, this is just wrong, right? Frozen didn't say he misses a full Day if he dies, he said if he gets shot at Night he goes missing, that's not the same thing as "dies."

fontisian

Smash Champion
I'm Wraith, the Town Interdimensional Skirmisher. I have a single passive ability called "Into the Void." Once per game, when I am targeted with a lethal night action, I phase into the void and temporarily exit the game for that night phase and the following dayphase rendering me temporarily immune to all abilities as untargetable as well as causing myself to not be counted for vote majority calculations or toward win conditions (i.e. I am essentially treated as temporarily "dead" for that night phase and the following day phase, and as such I don't count toward town's numbers for purposes of calculating whether any other faction has achieved their wincon). I return to normal play at the start of the following night phase. basically it's the the traditional commuter role but automatic/passive and a one shot instead of being an ability I can choose the timing of but without the one shot limitation

given my ability explicitly says it only triggers when targeted with a lethal night action, I think Vic's ability is worth clarifying as mine seems to indicate it is ineffective against a daykill
Yeah, I was right, it's when Frozen is shot at night. I'll give Boom the benefit of the doubt and assume he was talking about how Frozen comes back during the Day when he's shot a Night, and Boom just misspoke. I do not see how that matters at all, though, in regards to the plan or Frozen's alignment.

I think I'd also approve of a shot on Trisscar, tbh. Think that makes more sense in a Bessie/Boom scum world.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Yeah, I was right, it's when Frozen is shot at night. I'll give Boom the benefit of the doubt and assume he was talking about how Frozen comes back during the Day when he's shot a Night, and Boom just misspoke. I do not see how that matters at all, though, in regards to the plan or Frozen's alignment.

I think I'd also approve of a shot on Trisscar, tbh. Think that makes more sense in a Bessie/Boom scum world.
*doesn't come back during the Day.

fontisian

Smash Champion
It's very likely that the language that's suspicious from Eido (i.e. it's very likely that scum try to find the masons suspicious here, or whatever he said to that effect) is weird simply because he's already discussed it with both Ryker and Osie. His posts read like someone who's been coached on how to view things, but that's because he has.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Can't comment on anything that is based on previous day or before I came in, as I've spent the time since coming in, in a Zoom call for class or doing chores and coming back to reply to things, also lacking sleep. Can't argue for anything but what I've been told by mods or by players atm.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Yes

I can, but I would assume that due to wording, regardless of whether the target is immune or not, I would lose the shot. Not certain if I'm allowed to post the exact piece of text here or not.
Ok, I have no idea what you're talking about when you say I'm flailing?

Good to know, never mind on shooting Maven then.

You should be aware that UP never said anything about an offensive ability as far as I know, I lied to support Xivii's push and see if you would make something up. Still, you claimed ability is verifiable, since you can just do the targeting on any given Night and then vote the next Day.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Ok, I have no idea what you're talking about when you say I'm flailing?

Good to know, never mind on shooting Maven then.

You should be aware that UP never said anything about an offensive ability as far as I know, I lied to support Xivii's push and see if you would make something up. Still, you claimed ability is verifiable, since you can just do the targeting on any given Night and then vote the next Day.
*on targeting Maven.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
fontisian fontisian Your original questions was if Frozen would be notified if he died. The answer is that yes, everyone will be notified when he misses a whole day phase

Not certain if I'm allowed to post the exact piece of text here or not.
You are not. Paraphrasing is allowed.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
First off Xivii, I find it incredibly amusing that you brought up Wams because I totally forgot about that. I dont have extra info. If I did I would share it because someone is lying, the only situation I wouldn't is if I had some sort of post restriction that stopped me from saying things directly, which doesn't really fit with this game.

Secondly, i think its equally likely that Chaco throws in a role to throw off our tracker that is on the town side just to mess with things. I find trisscars obvious floundering and confusion fairly towny as its indicative they aren't in a scum chat.

Top Bottom