• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex Legends Mafia: Boosted GAME OVER Who won?

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Also looking at this chart I'm wondering why they said Shadow voter instead. The heck.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Oh geez this slot replaced once already, aight then.

Is Chaco under a pseudonym?

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Hey, been a busy one for me today. Probably won't get online until much later.

BoomFrog BoomFrog I'm being mentored by Osie, we have a discord where I drop in questions (usually about acronyms) and he replies.

Same setup with Ryker but game-specific, like where we're both at with particular players. My process of thinking is my own.

bessie bessie I've seen your quote. Will get back to you.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Ryu's is powerful as heck, ye gods.

Commuter seems pretty simple, it's phasing from MTG. You don't exist while commuted.

fontisian

Smash Champion
You think it is realistic that scum have an item steal power when there is exactly one item in the whole game?

Your role makes zero sense if Bessie is scum. You should be totally confident that she is town but you are trying to keep enough doubt that Red will just go gung-ho and shoot her still. Or she is your scummate but you are worried Red will shoot her regardless of our advice and you are trying to distance. Either way this attitude is unnatural.
You really are scared, huh.

I'm the one who's been telling Red to hold off shooting her specifically because of my role. This is combined with the fact that a. I expect some sort of information scum role as a red herring and 2. My role worked with Laser's.

I also expect scum to have some sort of counters to what we have.

Xivii Xivii I think the team's probably something like Bessie/Boom/Frozen (maybe UP instead of Frozen) and we can force Boom and Bessie into an awkward position where they have to kill me (thus making Boom look terrible).

fontisian

Smash Champion
And why did you insist I claim before you when you had no result to claim on me?
Wolf.

You already claimed to know I had no result on you, mr. self watch.

Also, the answer is obvious, because it forced scum to wonder what I have and shape their claims accordingly. And because they'd probably never guess the actual ability, I now get to check Bessie (or anyone else if they claimed an investigative role). This isn't a real question.

Maven89

Smash Master
I’m really wondering why Red Ryu has no reaction to frozen flame’s claim and if he’s not going to shoot frozen because it would reveal his role is real and doom red Ryu. But I have little doubt one of them is scum

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Made a request of people on entering, would appreciate a response either way if you'd be so kind.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Fonti doesn't count. She just copies off of other people like me in middle school
I'd say I don't count, I only had a 1-shot weak investigation.

This is combined with the fact that a. I expect some sort of information scum role as a red herring
I don't think I understand what you mean here. Do you think Bessie is scum but really receives parity cop results?

Xivii Xivii Xivii Xivii I think the team's probably something like Bessie/Boom/Frozen (maybe UP instead of Frozen) and we can force Boom and Bessie into an awkward position where they have to kill me (thus making Boom look terrible).
Your plan is scary to Ryker if he's scum. If I'm scum it would only force me to kill Ryker. There's no world where you get shot in this plan.

I now get to check Bessie (or anyone else if they claimed an investigative role).
This actually tracks.

Maven89

Smash Master
bamf
I exist. Nice to see you all.

The fudge is going on, in your own words, all of you, please.
Day 1 started with Ryker claiming mason and Malak being an innocent child. Many of us were suspicious of Laserguy, Malak claimed he had proof of the guys flavor claim, laser claimed tracker, we still lynched him.

day 2 started with no night kill, we started to mass claim, Malak admitted he lied about knowing Laser’s flavor and it was a gambit to get mafia to kill him, Eido was revealed as Rykers mason partner, Xivii gave Red Ryu a gun that will allow him to day kill, so we’re getting two kills today. Frozen and red Ryu claimed extremely similar roles. We have way too many powerful roles claimed for town for them to all be true. Ryker sexually molested me.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Day 1 started with Ryker claiming mason and Malak being an innocent child. Many of us were suspicious of Laserguy, Malak claimed he had proof of the guys flavor claim, laser claimed tracker, we still lynched him.

day 2 started with no night kill, we started to mass claim, Malak admitted he lied about knowing Laser’s flavor and it was a gambit to get mafia to kill him, Eido was revealed as Rykers mason partner, Xivii gave Red Ryu a gun that will allow him to day kill, so we’re getting two kills today. Frozen and red Ryu claimed extremely similar roles. We have way too many powerful roles claimed for town for them to all be true. Ryker sexually molested me.
Yes, with my nonconsensual mason crumbs.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I'd say I don't count, I only had a 1-shot weak investigation.

I don't think I understand what you mean here. Do you think Bessie is scum but really receives parity cop results?

Your plan is scary to Ryker if he's scum. If I'm scum it would only force me to kill Ryker. There's no world where you get shot in this plan.

This actually tracks.
I expected something more like a scum!tracker (like, I'd check them, realize the person is a tracker, and wrongly clear them). Bessie could be a scum parity cop, but only if there are third parties in the game (the ability then 1. allows her to fool me or Laser and get herself falsely cleared and 2. let's the scumteam hunts down the third party.) However, I think that's unlikely, which is why I'm advocating let her live rn while I check her tonight and she confirms the masons. If all the confirmations work out, we have a fantastic town core of Mala/Ryker/Eido/Bessie, which Mala being unable to die before Vicarin, and that's game winning. If it doesn't work out, then you or Bessie are a wolf and we get to kill whichever of you is outed. And if any town is genuinely worried about me being a wolf, well, I can't lie to get Bessie killed without outing myself. And I think Bessie and I are fairly blatantly not aligned, but ymmv there.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Gotta say, we have a LOT of claimed protection. Damn.

Bessie not claiming the format of her results and having Fontisian target her would be good for checking some stuff.
Problem is, if we lose T!Bessie, that means we lose a result.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
I'm the one who's been telling Red to hold off shooting her specifically because of my role.
Only half the time. The other half of the time you are being ambiguous. You are hedging your bets.

I said "should we shoot bessie?" you said:
I'm thinking.

I can confirm Bessie's ability, but not, I think who she targets. I need to consult with Chaco on the details.
Ah, Bessie.

Mmm. We could just kill her?
I find it very likely that you and Bessie are aligned, but shooting Bessie first would be idiotic.

fontisian

Smash Champion
bamf
I exist. Nice to see you all.

The fudge is going on, in your own words, all of you, please.
Day 1: Ryker claims Mason. Yeet was down to Laser/Wam/Bessie. Laser claimed tracker, Wam claimed jailor, Bessie refused to claim. We killed Laser.
Day 2: No kill, Vicarin claims a vanillaizer shot on Mala (the innocent child). Wam then says he jailed Mala, but the Jail action should have blocked all actions on Mala (as it's a variation of a normal jailor), so either Vic was lying or Wam was roleblocked. Vic then explains that his vanillaizer thing makes it so the recipient cannot die before him. We massclaim, no other possible ways to stop the nk come out, therefore it must have been Wam or Vicarin, most likely Vicarin (since Mala confirms he was vanillaized). Thus Vic is basically clear. This means Wam likely was roleblocked and scum shot Mala to frame him, which means Wam is likely town. Bessie claims parity cop, and says she targeted Mala n1, which means 1.she probably scum who just carried the kill and was worried she was watched or something (I went last in the claim order and implied there was a reason specifically for this) and 2. Wam was definitely roleblocked (this isn't just a dichotomy between Vic and Wam). Frozen claims a commuter role and Ryu claims a role that is very similar in effect right after. Xivii has given a gun to Ryu.

I see two ways forward:
1. We kill Bessie. She's likely scum, and this is good in that world.
2. We wait on Bessie. I target her tonight (my role allows me to get a copy of investigative results on the person I target). Bessie flips a coin and randomizes her target between Eido and Ryker, to confirm the masons. Boom randomizes his target between me and Bessie for his 1-time redirector ability. So, if Bessie or I die, we know Boom is scum, because scum wouldn't risk shooting themselves with the redirector on me/Bessie. If Bessie or I get roleblocked, we get to be very suspicious of Boom, though it's not confirmed. And if the roleblocked is used on us, then it's not being used on Wam, who will be jailing Vic. Vic staying alive means Mala stays alive. To interfere with that chain, scum would have to roleblock Wam and kill Vic, which means Bessie and I would be free to get our actions off (and I would be able to either confirm Bessie as scum or as the parity cop (meaning she's likely town) and if she is town, we get an alignment check on Ryker/Eido. This course of action likely wins more games on average, because it accounts for the possibility that Bessie is town.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Only half the time. The other half of the time you are being ambiguous. You are hedging your bets.

I said "should we shoot bessie?" you said:

I find it very likely that you and Bessie are aligned, but shooting Bessie first would be idiotic.
I think Bessie's claimed parity cop target of Mala doesn't make much sense. I think in her place where I want to hit a town to work with confirmed info I still always, always target Ryker first, because that gives the possibility of catching the "mason" in a lie. Since we know scum tried to shoot Mala (since no one else could have possibly been saved, barring like third party actions or something) and since I was implying I had info, she was probably afraid I had watched Mala and caught her targeting him last Night, hence her claim.

Top Bottom