• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex Legends Mafia: Boosted GAME OVER Who won?

fontisian

Smash Champion
D1 Bessie's content was mostly just sparse. Scummy only because everyone else was townie. She doesn't do well in games where the day phase doesn't go over weekends because she takes her work seriously. Also, tbh I like playing with her and she got missyeeted D2 last game. Fonti was frothing at the mouth confident and I've been there and it's frustrating to be ignored. If we yeeted Bessie and she flipped town we'd spend all D2 with just Fonti being sure Laser was scum and we'd get nothing out of the day, so I went with Laser.

Vic, wam, Maven have all handled claims in a townie way and I trust them. Utopicarbrar is townie on tone from all three heads. Red and Bessie are certainly not aligned. That leaves us with:
Xivii-Red-???
Ryker-Eido-???
Fonti-Bessie-???

??? is almost certainly FrozenFlame tbh, but maybe Trissabzin . Red feels town, I think scum!Red would have shot sooner and Xivii feels like townie paranoia Xivii. Fonti seems willing to go for UP or FF and I don't think I'll get a solid read on which one she actually prefers unless we offer them both up and let her hammer. I'd like to force scum to shoot you or Eido first if you are masons.

So here we are, playing some mafia.
Please note that BoomFrog BoomFrog has not answered my request to sum up his suspicions of me beyond a vague poe thing here.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Gotta say, we have a LOT of claimed protection. Damn.

Bessie not claiming the format of her results and having Fontisian target her would be good for checking some stuff.
That's an excellent idea. @bessie Don't reveal your actual result toDay.
Oh, just noticed this.

This is incredibly stupid. If Bessie doesn't tell me what the results mean then I can't actually verify them, I'll get a nonsense thing back. If she's not going to claim what exactly she got from Mala, then I'd just as soon yeet her Today.

Maven89

Smash Master
So I’ve been skimming the last few pages, since Election Day I’ve largely been spending my free time at work following that. Plus, large night action chains bore the **** out of me.

I hate Xiviis content and I need red Ryu to explain what he feels about frozen claiming the same role as him. I’d be fine if Red Ryu shot either of them, I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Xivii’s role was scum

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
yo I did, they both claimed almost identical roles. Based on Red Ryus earlier “yolo” attitude to shooting, I’m confused why he isn’t caring at all about this. I don’t see both of those roles in this game
i’m trying to read up when I can I’m busy as **** right now. Calm down let me get to this when I can not on mobile

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
So I’ve been skimming the last few pages, since Election Day I’ve largely been spending my free time at work following that. Plus, large night action chains bore the **** out of me.

I hate Xiviis content and I need red Ryu to explain what he feels about frozen claiming the same role as him. I’d be fine if Red Ryu shot either of them, I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Xivii’s role was scum
we shoot bessie and lynch frozen then. There's no guarantee that frozen is telling the truth about his role not activating from a day kill

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
If Bessie is roleblocked, that means Wam isn't being roleblocked. That's fine.

Why are you acting like this is a problem?
I mean, he's pushing for FF, so I don't think that actually causes you any issues. What DOES happen if we do that, is we have outed where all our PRs are going and we can only even pull the stunt once (assuming everyone is town and no one will be trying to **** with it) because Boom only has one shot, so it kicks the can down the road. If Vic eats a bullet, that's still a decent outcome and Boom has room to reach for higher upside this way.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
If we were going "use our best judgement" we shouldn't have ****ing massclaimed. The whole point of massclaim is to let us make coordinated actions with a better understanding of what's going on in the game, not give all the information about our roles to scum and then yolo it. This is ridiculous.
The "point" was to find out if we could clear Wam and to lock scum into claims so they can't make things up to benefit them with more information later in the game. The "point" was to see if there was something solidly abusable. The "point" was to find out how far we could push our momentum. We got a really weird mass claim.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I mean, he's pushing for FF, so I don't think that actually causes you any issues. What DOES happen if we do that, is we have outed where all our PRs are going and we can only even pull the stunt once (assuming everyone is town and no one will be trying to **** with it) because Boom only has one shot, so it kicks the can down the road. If Vic eats a bullet, that's still a decent outcome and Boom has room to reach for higher upside this way.
That's not actually true, though. The current plan is for Boom to 50/50s a redirect to protect me or no redirect at all. He doesn't have to say what he did the next Day (or he can lie about it). That means that if the plan doesn't work out fully but we want to try it again, we can, and scum still have to gamble on whether Boom held his shot.

fontisian

Smash Champion
The "point" was to find out if we could clear Wam and to lock scum into claims so they can't make things up to benefit them with more information later in the game. The "point" was to see if there was something solidly abusable. The "point" was to find out how far we could push our momentum. We got a really weird mass claim.
Yes, and I'm saying this is solidly abusable.

fontisian

Smash Champion
we shoot bessie and lynch frozen then. There's no guarantee that frozen is telling the truth about his role not activating from a day kill
Does it matter? If Ryu shoots Frozen, and his role activates from the Day Kill, we get just as much confirmation of Frozen being scum as we would if he died, and we get to hunt his partners to yeet after.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer

I too have had a hard time being as active as I want during election time.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I really want to hate this, because it reads to me like scum trying to push a lynch before the slot can get into the clear, but I REALLY hate the IC target too.
Yeah.

I'm in this weird spot where I'm like "Bessie is probably just scum, we should just kill her, this is stupid." Like, choosing to check Mala doesn't make a lot of sense for town!Bessie but makes a ton of sense for scum!Bessie who carried the kill last Night and is worried she was caught to claim.

But if she's not scum, and I'm just tunneled, then we're going into a really bad spot and it's so avoidable

If Bessie is scum, then Xivii is clear. If she's town, then there's a chance Xivii is scum who's required to give town a gun, and gave it to someone he knew would murder Bessie for him and maybe get yeeted off of it. Xivii feels town, obviously. he feels like his normal paranoid oscillating self, but Laser went down claiming Xivii was his strongest scumread, and I don't want to be the person who completely ignores him and drives us off a cliff.

That all said, I still kind of just want to kill Bessie.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Yes because I want bessie's flip
Bessie flipping red clears me and ryu. And gives us a clue as to all these people trying to keep the shot away from her. And also I'm just blood thirsty. I want to see what her role actually is. And also the parity cop is useless.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Bessie flipping red clears me and ryu. And gives us a clue as to all these people trying to keep the shot away from her. And also I'm just blood thirsty. I want to see what her role actually is. And also the parity cop is useless.
(Parity cop is super useful in the right hands).

Aight.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Parity cop is not going to give us something good in a game with IC and Masons. I feel like I'm going insane this game with how everyone is treating these three roles.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Honestly if situations were reversed I'd target the IC too, so that I know the teams for sure for the future. Idk why this is such a point against her.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Honestly if situations were reversed I'd target the IC too, so that I know the teams for sure for the future. Idk why this is such a point against her.
Why would you target the inno child when you could target the mason?

Like, it's bad hedging to target the inno child. Sure, you become a regular cop afterwards, but what if the people you check die or get confirmed anyway? It's better to target someone unconfirmed and then another unconfirmed person and get a difference check, because one of them might die or otherwise have their alignment become confirmed in the process.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Not saying that's not the smarter play, just saying that it's what I would have done last night. Therfore I think the choice is NAI

Maven89

Smash Master

Like, it's bad hedging to target the inno child. Sure, you become a regular cop afterwards, but what if the people you check die or get confirmed anyway? It's better to target someone unconfirmed and then another unconfirmed person and get a difference check, because one of them might die or otherwise have their alignment become confirmed in the process.
Because they could just target the mason on night 2 and instantly know without requiring a flip?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I feel like I'm going insane this game
This is the reason why I posted that short story, it represents how I feel about the game, everything seems random and irrational. There's so many coincidences and things that don't make sense, it's driving me nuts. And I really want some solid scum information.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Because they could just target the mason on night 2 and instantly know without requiring a flip?
And then you're wasting a night.

You know what she could have done instead? Targeted Ryker n1 and then literally anyone else n2. If she gets a different check, she claims it n3, we yeet the other person, if they flip scum, the masons are clear. Or, if the person she targets is clear, we get confirmation the masons are scum and yeet them. Worst case scenario, we yeet the n2 check, they flip town and /then/ we yeet the masons, but that's still fine, because we get two scum for the price of one misyeet.

It's always better to not target a confirmed with your n1 check as the parity cop.

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Ok all of this is going straight over my head.

I'm going to sit on this for a bit:

Wam(1): UtopianPoyzin

Xivii(2): LaserGuy

Bessie(4): RedRyu, Wam, Eido, FrozenFlame

LaserGuy(8): Bessie, Vicarin, Maven89, Fontisian, Malakandra, Xivii, BoomFrog, Ryker
Right now, I'm trying to think how the Mafia would disperse here ^ now that we have claims on the table.

Town Tracker tempts Mafia with trackable roles to vote it out harder, maybe? We have a parity cop, a hacker, some kind of medic, whatever Boom's role is, Xivii + the gun. Going to think about this some more. Need to think about why they went for Tracker instead of Jailkeeper (Laser over Wam, when the votes were gaining momentum).

fontisian

Smash Champion
Thinking about how hard Frozen pushed Bessie over Laser, it might be better to just shoot Bessie, since that's a good look for Frozen, and then yeet Trisscar if Bessie flips scum.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer

You end up getting an additional pseudo mason claim in this world.

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Also, Frozen did push Wam yesterDay. I can't remember if this was pre his claim.

But I imagine that Wam, as Town Jailkeeper, would be high priority to get rid of because he can protect the Innocent Child. LaserGuy mentioned Wam is always in tricky positions on Day 1, so the opportunity to get rid of him as Jailkeeper would be more tempting.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Thinking about how hard Frozen pushed Bessie over Laser, it might be better to just shoot Bessie, since that's a good look for Frozen, and then yeet Trisscar if Bessie flips scum.
The whole damn wagon looks better on a red check for Bessie because the only ones that ******* out at the end were Xivii, Boom, and me. Those slots you can solve for, the rest are some of the biggest questions left.

HOWEVER, because no one peeled out on either, I am mostly terrified we have two town players and scum were comfortable not having to address their stances at all. It's why I was pining after Wam at EoD1.

Eido

Smash Journeyman
I did switch to Wam after Laser claimed. In the end, I didn't believe what Laser was pushing and thought I was more likely to be wrong on Wam.
In what situations do you normally call someone "Wolf"? I remember you called Wam this yesterDay.

fontisian

Smash Champion
The whole damn wagon looks better on a red check for Bessie because the only ones that ******* out at the end were Xivii, Boom, and me. Those slots you can solve for, the rest are some of the biggest questions left.

HOWEVER, because no one peeled out on either, I am mostly terrified we have two town players and scum were comfortable not having to address their stances at all. It's why I was pining after Wam at EoD1.
Can you sanity check me on Boom? He feels very off to me Today, and I don't think it's just because he's pushing back against me, but I'd love a second opinion.

If it helps with the Wam thing, I have a strong feeling that Wam was being setup to be misyeeted Today with Mala getting shot.

Top Bottom