• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex Legends Mafia: Boosted GAME OVER Who won?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Thought my issue with Red Ryu was explained decently. Placing a vote on someone for pressure is fine, saying everyone else should as well on the same person or have to explain why they're not is a pretty scummy way of framing the conversation.
What if I told you that's common DGames belief and especially prevalent among anyone you find with a #HBC prefix? Would that change your read? #HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame and Xivii Xivii will confirm this.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Additionally, I'll assume you're getting to explaining how your Xivii can co-exist with that Ruy read.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Xivii Xivii I am beginning to see what you are talking about with Laserguy as it is prevalent in his most recent posts (also, he doesn't want to be my friend anymore so I will need to find a new friend). I have no history, does he normally tread so incredibly carefully as town?

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
The read 'progression' you refer to Xivii having as I pointed out doesn't exist cause he didn't provide any reasoning for the first read. I really want to know why he had Red Eye so townie in the first place. If I randomly reorder my TtoS lists each time I post them, that's not a read progression.

I have learnt from experience that I am terrible at reading bessie D1 in most games so I wasn't going to attempt to do so too hard, I'll find it significantly easier with more info.

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
What if I told you that's common DGames belief and especially prevalent among anyone you find with a #HBC prefix? Would that change your read? #HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame and Xivii Xivii will confirm this.
If that REALLY is a common way of trying to steer the conversation as town, oh boy. I'd reclassify him in about the middle then, I'd have to reread to check the rest of his material with that in mind.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
The read 'progression' you refer to Xivii having as I pointed out doesn't exist cause he didn't provide any reasoning for the first read. I really want to know why he had Red Eye so townie in the first place. If I randomly reorder my TtoS lists each time I post them, that's not a read progression.

I have learnt from experience that I am terrible at reading bessie D1 in most games so I wasn't going to attempt to do so too hard, I'll find it significantly easier with more info.
Probably similar reasoning as to why I had him as town early on. We've played with him for so incredibly long and he's been one of the easiest people to just FEEL whether he's town or not. Early gutshot reads based on how he plays have a high percentage of success and his ability to be incredibly obv town was one of his stronger assets as a town player for years. Sort of like Ranmaru, whom you may have played with.

Specifically, his vote on you is a particularly good look because he knows how I want to play and was supporting it since he knows that I will kill RVS immediately and with extreme prejudice given any chance.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I need to ISO him and Somitomi. I was about to start on Somitomi when you showed up in the thread.

While I have you here, can you tell me what you think about Xivii's comments on Laserguy and his fence straddling ways? You can see the constant backdoors to get out of making harder stances in his most recent post. Is this something you think is just the way he is or is it scum indicative?

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
If you think Red Ryu is easy to read early then, why is Xivii now scumreading him? There's just no reasoning provided.

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
You want me to comment on Xivii's comments, or LaserGuy's behaviour that they're talking about?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Welcome to Xivii. If you want anything, it must be requested. You're where I was 3 years ago. I scumread him legitimately every game, regardless of involved alignments and almost every game came down to the two of us drawing pistols at noon.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
However, I do want your opinion on what S!Xivii gets out of moving his Ryu read unprovoked with next to no attention on the slot.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
Quick thoughts on the last couple of pages since I don't have a lot of time...

Ryu's 442 and following look okay. Guess I can move him out of scum pool for now.
Noting Xivii's defending bessie and hard flipping his Ryu read.
I don't think UP so blatantly sticks out his neck for me for no reason if he's mafia.
I have no idea what to do with Maven.
Ryker/bessie interactions make no sense as masons and I'm baffled at Xivii for suggesting this. bessie would never agree to this kind of theatre.

Laser is scum because he is more focused on content than finding scum. For example, that catch up post where he went through my entire read list. That was not an efficient use of time.

And his wishy washyness on Sabrar was no good.
As I said at the end of TIL (directed at Chaco in my final thoughts), my intention was to take a less confrontational approach this game as I came out too strong last game and it hurt my reads.

Would you say there's a noticeable drop in quality this game then? How do you feel about the offerings from that slot so far? Forgive me if you've updated me on the slot recently and I've forgotten.
I feel her content so far is more consistent with her scum play. I can give you some more specifics tomorrow.

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
However, I do want your opinion on what S!Xivii gets out of moving his Ryu read unprovoked with next to no attention on the slot.
I have no insight as to what exactly Scum want in this setup. More convenient target for execution, preemptive distancing cause they think Red Ryu will draw heat soon, they think Red Ryu has crumbed an important role and want more info? I don't know.

And I have played with Xivii before a while ago, he seemed to be decently glad that I was signing up for a game. So I have some idea of his shenanigans, but completely changing reads with no justification is a new one for me.

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
The latter. I'm more concerned with your thought process on LaserGuy atm.
Will do so in next few hours, need to reread more carefully. Usually find him hard to read D1 as well so I wasn't going to invest much time.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Somitomi

Somitomi hasn't posted much and very much isn't current. That said I like this slot all the way until the final two posts.

I can't recall what game it was, but it didn't strike me as particularly odd and for the moment I'm gonna trust my gut and say that it's not OOC.

Yes, but the question wasn't "why did you vote Vicarin?", but "why do you want to help the push?" and now that you dodget answering that, I'm a little extra curious about the answer.
It's kind of both. It puts them in a small box of having to claim a role upfront, but it also gives them information about the town power roles. To me the overall outcome seems negative for town (and therefore positive to mafia), especially since some players seem to be on the opinion that town power roles should just reveal themselves.

No, I think it's just banter. What gave you the impression that I thought it would be?

I don't really see any reason to do so, Vicarin getting into an argument D1 indicates nothing more than that Vicarin is in the game.

You, purely because I couldn't read you if my life depended on it. :reverse:

That's weird coming from you, because eariler you agreed with fonti's opinion on the mass claim. Is that not content? If so, is the entire discussion about the mass claim not content, or just fonti's post about it? Why?
Ryker and Sabrar talked about lynching all liars, although Ryker apparently doesn't support that all the time. I'm mildly suspicious of Ryker for floating the mass claim idea in the firts place, but it's heavily tempered by the experience that I'm usually wrong about scumreading people for a strategy I don't agree with.

The post you quoted from me is about Sabrar, not Vicarin, although my opinion of Vicarin so far is similar. I personally didn't remember which side of the argument Vicarin used to be, just that he often got into arguments about mass claims and it wasn't correlated with alignment. Bessie's probably right, which might be an indication that Vic adopted a contrarian stance because that's what we'd expect from him.
Ok, I'm just gonna type this while catching up, because I had basically no motivation to do anything all day and I feel like a pile of garbage.

I know and I got my well-deserved flak for this sentiment in a past game. I find wam's attack on fonti a bit weird because to me it seemed like fonti posted a bunch and then went to bed or something before the discussion picked up speed. I also got a small ping from one of Vicarin's responses about reading some old game. Those are the thing currently rattling in my recollection, which is the best metric of notability I can come up with.

I read a couple pages, realised it was too long to read in one sitting and then never got back to it because of all the other distractions at my disposal.

Honestly, a page one read has about the same chance of being correct as a coin toss. Do you really expect Xivii to treat it as a guiding light for the rest of the day?

Aside from some ****tery with failed formatting, there's not much chicanery goin on with this slot. Answers questions, clarifies for others, volunteers opinions on all of the mechanical shenanigans, and, most importantly, takes the initiative in poking where he sees something off (see bolded in spoiler).

Then you hit these two.

On the topic of the claims so far, I feel like IC, Masons and doublevoter seems to be a lot of power on the town side. I'm not familiar with Ryker's style, so I can't gauge if what Frozen said about the aggro tone is true, although logically it makes sense. The thing twisting my brain into a knot is the possibility of a gambit as wam suggested, especially since Ryker admitted to pulling some pretty wild ones in the past. I'd find it kind of weird that scum-Ryker would so readily provide examples of gambits as scum, but maybe that's part of the crazy gambit?
This is a rambling mess and out of character when compared to the other posts by the slot. It puts forth a lot of ideas and doesn't pick a side to come down on.

Quick responses before bed.

Unlikely, considering I should be sleeping already.

Apparently I didn't find it notable enough to remember it, so nope. I generally need to organise my thoughts on the game, particularly Ryker and Sabrar/UtopianPoyzin.
The bolded bit here is essentially a continuation of the previous post. I'm bothered by the failure to volunteer an initial impression and it pings me as possible scum looking to see where the dice would fall with the claims before committing to a side.

All-in-all, the slot trends town for me and my previous assessment proved accurate. I am eagerly awaiting the catch-up post. As long as Somitomi can get ahead of the game and start putting opinions out before they've been hashed out by the rest of the player list, I don't think there will be a large issue.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Was sitting down to do Ryu, but I think I'll actually put that on hold since Vicarin wants to see about Xivii's progression on Ryu and providing answers for him is not something I am particularly keen on doing before he touches it.

I think 4am might be the point were I run out of steam.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Ryu, Eido, and FF are next on my list. Likely in that order. Then I'll probably be looking to double check Font.

somitomi

Smash Journeyman
Someone mentioned that Ryker offered to claim in their very first post, not two hours after game start, suggesting he already had the claim ready. That just clicked my brain into taking the claim at face value, because the gambit option would involve crazy quick planning or a near suicidal level of flying by the seat of your pants. Regarding Sabrar/UP, my initial impression of both was fairly town. However, IC+masons+doublevoter all together seems to be a lot of confirmable/confirmed power on the town side, so pure metagame logic puts the slot into PoE.
Vote: UtopianPoyzin

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Ok, there's a lot to unpack. Going through bits now.

(Headsup, I'm on GMT timezone. I'll probably miss quite a few of these active discussions).

Eido

Smash Journeyman
fontisian fontisian Alright, thanks for your Wam thoughts. Can you link me to your point where Wam didn't have those names ready? I'm referring to this part:

So why is that scummy? Well, consider how you might be playing the game if you, like Wam, believed scum might use the massclaim stuff to talk about irrelevant things and look towny. Personally, I, before even sharing that thought, would have specific people in mind who might be abusing the massclaim talk, and I'd be looking at other things they were doing. I'd have names ready. Wam did not have those names ready, he made a suggestion ("scum might be doing "x") but had to look back through the thread to remind himself of who was doing "x." The original town thought process was missing.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Also Ryker, that game I linked for wam meta also has a good representation of Laser town play, somit town play, and Fonti scum play.

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Xivii Xivii Can you talk about your LaserGuy read? There's a lot of info to process so I'd appreciate it in 1-2 sentence post. I'm not strict with that though, it just helps me.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Xivii Xivii Can you talk about your LaserGuy read? There's a lot of info to process so I'd appreciate it in 1-2 sentence post. I'm not strict with that though, it just helps me.
Laser is scum because he is more focused on content than finding scum. For example, that catch up post where he went through my entire read list. That was not an efficient use of time. And his wishy washyness on Sabrar was no good.

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Would you mind linking me that post? ^

Why would he act wishy washy on Sabrar as Mafia?

(Wishy washy meaning back and forth, right? Like he's not being clear on Sabrar?)

Eido

Smash Journeyman
I don’t think I’ve played in a game where so many people are thinking the same things if that makes sense.
I want to followup on this ^

How do you think the Mafia are playing the situation if their thoughts are aligned with the majority? Do you believe they have set trends, or do you believe they are following trends set by Townies?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Would you mind linking me that post? ^

Why would he act wishy washy on Sabrar as Mafia?

(Wishy washy meaning back and forth, right? Like he's not being clear on Sabrar?)
I'll get back to this later. It's not pressing, so I'll give you time to catch up and address the stuff you wanted to. I'll be gone for the day btw.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Your question was "Bessie, are you voting me because you believe I am scum or because you dislike me?" Which I answered by explaining why I voted for you. At the time I voted, you had not yet claimed mason. I am considering if I want to move my vote pending reread, did you miss that entirely?

And I obviously should have known this was the reason, and that it was not a scum slip. I see. [/sarcasm]

Where am I asking "a lot" to the point that it is unreasonable, and thus a red flag?

If my questions are producing jack, perhaps it is because I am not getting responses.

I'm not ready to do a complete reads list. Ask Maven for his.
It's more so I don't know what you are getting out of your questions and where your head is at.

What do you have on other players? Did your questions give you an idea where people stand? This is why for most people I have kept to more general questions of reads for most of my prods so I can have stances I look back on or help town if I ever kick the bucket.

By responses, which players? If those questions mattered, did you poke those players on that?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Whoops that posted early.

If people were not answering you, what does that tell you? What do think of those players despite them not answering you?

What are you getting out of this? The red flag for me is that it feels like a show to me. I don't see how this is engagement with specific players, nor the Ryker vote where I question why voting him for being "mean" has much to do with the game.

You can dislike demeanor, but that doesn't speak to anything related to alignment. I get why people see Ryker as sometimes aggressive and confrontational, but it gets results. You gotta think why he is doing what he is doing. And his actions of Ask about mass claim, voting, his claim and his actions do not read to me as someone doing this for a show. It's someone doing this to get the game rolling and a clear direction. He's good at that.

bessie bessie Voting wise what do you make out of Vic? Ryker? Xivii? Utopian slot given the replacement in?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Ryker I just remembered the last game we played together was Flavorless II, and you were masons in that game as well. Your partner (Vult) also spelled "Mazons" in his first 6 posts. I think you two got me lynched that game because Vult thought I was trying to pocket him. I think I also was down town Ryu's throat that game.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I want to followup on this ^

How do you think the Mafia are playing the situation if their thoughts are aligned with the majority? Do you believe they have set trends, or do you believe they are following trends set by Townies?
Who can really say? 🤷‍♂️

Don’t really get your wording tbh. Mafia will do what benefits them, so they aren’t going to blindly follow the majority unless there’s something in it for them

Top Bottom